[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best endgame for Bruce?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: The-Dark-Knight-Returns-Ending.png (790 KB, 700x785) Image search: [Google]
The-Dark-Knight-Returns-Ending.png
790 KB, 700x785
What's the best endgame for Bruce?
>>
DCAU

Him becoming a bitter old man but making sure someone carries on his legacy (though not sure why it wouldn't be one of the 4 people he's trained to do just that)
>>
>>80278062
This also Bruce driving away every one who cares about him is the the only endgame that makes sense
>>
>>80276738
Bitter and alone since he treated everybody like crap and his body fails him to the point where he can't be Batman anymore
>>
>>80278062
Eww
>>
>>80278062
>>80278142
Batman deserve a happy end. Why would you make him suffer more?

Kingdom come batman endgame is always the best.
>>
>>80278209
He most certainly does not deserve a happy ending
>>
>>80278250

Batman: the animated series version does not.
>>
Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader

Dying in the line of duty, whether its saving the world, saving a villain or saving a family from a mugger
>>
>>80278297
I like the idea that Batman's happy ending is getting to be Batman.
>>
>>80278209
>Batman deserve a happy end.

It's not about what you deserve.
>>
>>80278250

>Sacrifices his entire life to protect the innocent
>Does not deserve a happy ending

What do YOU deserve, then?
>>
File: batmanbeyond2c.jpg (24 KB, 500x288) Image search: [Google]
batmanbeyond2c.jpg
24 KB, 500x288
Dying alone in a mansion because he was to obsessed with his half-assed mission that he pushed everyone away.
>>
>>80278209
>>80278402
It's not that he doesn't deserve a happy ending, it's that given his character, it'd be really hard to conceive a scenario where he'd have one. Unless Gotham stopped being Gotham and crime just went away, he'd remain a paranoid old man, dedicated to his crusade before anything else.
>>
>>80278402
>treats everyone around him like shit and pushes them away for his own mission
>deserves a happy ending
>>
>>80278476
Writing Batman as a pananoid asshole is a sign of hack writing.
>>
>>80278536
I never said asshole, but you can't possibly deny he's paranoid as fuck.
>>
>>80276738
The only decent endgame for Batman is death.
Whatever happened to the caped crusader convinced me of that
>>
Finally, after all these year I have become Batman.
>>
>>80278582
When written by hacks yes.
>>
>>80276738
So, what is the deal with The Dark Knight 3? is it any good? I didn't even know they released it?
>>
>>80278652
It's really just kind of mediocre and forgettable. It's not amazing nor is it absurdly terrible. If it wasn't for the connection to the biggest Batman comic of all time no one would pay it any attention.
>>
>>80278582

It sound like the bad ending of the christmas carol.

"If you stopped becoming like batman. You will not die alone".
>>
>>80278652
First 2 issues are okay, the 3rd one picked it up hard. The art is pretty mediocre, with no real sense of style thanks to extremely flat coluring. Its like they saw everyone hate TDKSAs art and thought they needed to play it super safe.

The sidestories have been pretty good so far as well, although it proves that Miller should always be paired up with JRJr since the Green Lantern oneshot was so close to Franks TDKSA style.
>>
>>80276738
Getting shot in an alley.
>>
Is an army of well-trained well-supplied hobos who think they're the good guys a good idea?
>>
>>80278749
this.
>>
File: This.png (154 KB, 640x358) Image search: [Google]
This.png
154 KB, 640x358
>>80278782
>well-trained

Sure, It will be like a neighbor-watch mix with the mob.

>>80276738

I can't believe nobody mention the brave and the bold.
>>
File: you asked for this.jpg (317 KB, 1280x1993) Image search: [Google]
you asked for this.jpg
317 KB, 1280x1993
>>80278749
>>
Since the new guy is always Robin, it has to be weird. Does he have to find a new guy to take the name?

Do you remember the time the Robin Beefed it?
>>
>>80278886
>I can't believe nobody mention the brave and the bold.
>that episode with damian and the pretend joker and the old joker
>>
>>80278749
P O E T R Y
O
E
T
R
Y
>>
>>80278333
Generations has best end for Bruce

>be Batman forever
>also dismantle enemy organization from the inside
>hang out with your bff Superman on the moon forever
>>
>>80278476
>Unless Gotham stopped being Gotham and crime just went away

even that would be bitter sweet, because it would let him get old in a world that doesn't need him anymore.

the best would be for him to realize that he is not alone, and that he is ready to trust other to carry his legacy and his mission.
>>
Superman- Superman 1,000,000
Batman- >>80278297
Wonder Woman- Becomes Queen of Themiscrya and helps introduce Amazonians into the world of Man
Green Lantern- The Spectre
The Flash- CoIE with occasional reappearances ala FC
Aquaman- Again, just having the people of Atlantis and man becoming on good terms and ruling his people
MMH- Finding a way to bring back Martians and leaving Earth
Green Arrow- Getting a chance to live quietly with Dinah for a couple of years before returning and dying in a blaze of glory
>>
>>80278998
>in a world that doesn't need him anymore.
I'm pretty sure that's 100% Bruce's endgoal. He would love if Gotham didn't need him and he could just grow old banging the Gotham City Sirens
>>
>>80278407
what episode was this???
>>
>>80278652
It's very safe and alright
Also it's decompressed since it's like 8 issues long. It took 3 issues to pick up
>>
>>80279044
kinda, but I think he would have trouble accepting it.
>>
>>80278402

>Sacrifices his entire life to protect the innocent.
>But still won't just kill the Joker.
>>
>>80279066
The finale
>>
>>80279207

That is the cops fault.

He keep on giving him to police but they can't killed the clown?
>>
>>80279240

If they tried anything, Batman would still save the Joker.
>>
>>80279273
The Joker has been in enough rooms alone with police that some guy could have a "weapons malfunction" and kill the Joker. I'm pretty sure he'd be able to get dozens of witnesses attesting to his innocence.
>>
>>80279319

But then Batman would see that he's brought to justice.
>>
>>80279341
Still.
>>
>>80279341
Batman would get pissed and maybe yell at him but not much else. What's he gonna do, show up as a character witness in the hearing?
>>
>>80279066
Justice League Unlimited S02E13 "Epilogue"
>>
Injustice

Superman's dream world. Where Bruce kills the Joker, marries Wonder Woman, and grows old as Superman's daughter brings in a golden age.
>>
>>80278500
Worse people have ended up happy anon.
>>
>>80278648
Denny O'Neil is a hack?
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.