[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that episode where they kill van pelt by throwing him into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: Jumanji-Animated-Series1.jpg (145 KB, 1179x590) Image search: [Google]
Jumanji-Animated-Series1.jpg
145 KB, 1179x590
>that episode where they kill van pelt by throwing him into a bottomless pit, so Jumanji decides to turn Peter into the New Van Pelt
>that episode where Alan dies over & over again, & the kids have to save him with time travel
>The fucking grim reaper who runs Jumanji that's never explained

This series has no right to be this good, & I'm only 10 episodes in.
>>
>>80269309
>>that episode where Alan dies over & over again, & the kids have to save him with time travel
Oh man, I got a huge wash of nostalgia when you mentioned this but I don't remember anything. Details?
>>
>>80269341

>Aunt Nora is having guests over, but comes home to find the house a mess. Angry, she orders Judy and Peter to clean it up but they go off to play Jumanji again. The two argue with Judy angry at always having to clean up Peter's messes, but Peter rolls the dice and gets the clue "Failure looms but who's to blame, set it right or repeat the game." The two arrive in front of Alan's house and he asks them to help secure his house against the oncoming JuMonsoon is coming. Alan is destroyed by a bold of lightning. Slick gives Peter and Judy a ChronoRepeater to repeat time. The two go back to the moment they first arrive and set out to warn Alan. They convince him to hide in his cave, but he runs out into the storm to check on something and is killed again. This time the two go further back in time and steal Professor Ibsen's lightning rod to protect Alan. The rod works, but hail causes Alan to fall to his death. The next time they use the lightning rod and a rope as a bungee cord, but a sudden flood washes Alan over the cliff. The next time they try the lightning rod, the rope and the Manjis War Canoe, but the canoe hits a rock and Alan goes off a cliff to his death. The two start fighting over the ChronoRepeater and after several resets, it falls off a cliff and is destroyed. On their last attempt, the two put aside their differences and work together to save Alan. This time it works: the lightning rod, the rope, and the canoe save them, but a tornado sucks them up from the canoe. Professor Ibsen's sudden appearance suggests that Alan lasso the lightning rod which pulls them out of the tornado and sends them to Alan's home. The storm ends and the two realize that by working together they've solved their clue and are sucked back home. Remembering Nora's guests, Judy and Peter quickly clean the living room together and get it done in time for the guests who are impressed and Nora gives them credit for their hard work.
>>
There's also the episode with the cute monster that gets more & more scary & huge the more the kids lie.

This show had some good morals to teach without being hamfisted.
>>
I remember there being a semi-finale to this show, where they succeeded in freeing Alan from the game's world?
>>
>>80269309
Is this on Netflix? I remember loving this show as a kid.
>>
>>80269582
Yes, they actually accomplished the series goal by the end of the series.
>>
Yeah Jumanji is pretty fucked. Even in the first episode where Alan shows them his collection of toys and clothes from the kids "who didn't make it."
>>
>>80269833
> Even in the first episode where Alan shows them his collection of toys and clothes from the kids "who didn't make it."

Wow, I gotta go rewatch this out of morbid curiosity now. I remember they often used those little pygmy guys as cannon fodder, but that's pretty dark.
>>
Klasky Csupo sure was busy in the 90s. Where'd they go?
>>
>that episode where the salesman makes Judy trade her shoes for medicine and she spends the whole episode barefoot
>>
>>80271977
oh nevermind the designs are by Everett Peck. I always get those two artstyles mixed up.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-11-06-01h20m35s244.jpg (135 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-11-06-01h20m35s244.jpg
135 KB, 640x480
I only really remember one episode about the Jamazons.
>>
>>80269394
Link to the episode, shit quality
http://freecartoon.org/watch/jumanji-season-03-episode-002-young-alan/

I'd watch it but the character design makes me puke
>>
>>80269309
So is Van Pelt still Alan's father?
>>
This and the Godzilla cartoon (same artist too I think) were great examples of adaptations that were vastly superior to the original film.
>>
>>80274897
>This and the Godzilla cartoon (same artist too I think)
Same animation division for Sony television: Adelaide Productions.
>>
>>80274892
No he's just an eternal entity created by the game in this, the personification of the Big White Game Hunter.
>>
>>80274835

okay now, you can't just let that dangle out there, whats up with this shit here?
>>
>>80274835
I was just going to ask if there are any Amazonians in the series too. I know there are those weird bushmen who look like masks, but are there more native tribes to the Jumanji world?
>>
>>80274945
Stuff like that makes me wonder where the hell Jumanji comes from, since it seems to rely on somewhat modern (ca 19th century) jungle stereotypes.
>>
File: baby9.jpg (39 KB, 376x334) Image search: [Google]
baby9.jpg
39 KB, 376x334
>the episode where a guy was trapped inside for 50 years trying to pass through the gateless gate before giving up after the kids try to help him and still fail
>he gives into his fate
>the game lets him out
>>
>>80275075
A 19th century sorcerer pissed of by White colons.
>>
>>80275089
Damn those white colons :::

>>80275088
The game is a massive dick, as if we needed even more proof.
>>
>That episode where Alan gets stung by that super poisonous creature and they have to find the cure before it crawls into his heart.
>>
>the pilot who somehow flew in to jumanji and could not leave.

Even when you dont play the game it finds ways to bring in new meat.
>>
>>80275121
Are we sure the person wasn't just created by the game to fuck with the players?
>>
>>80274897
Godzilla I'll give you, not hard to be better than that, but Jumanji at least is still a fun family flick
>>
>>80275075
It's possible it adapts new ideas from the outside. The game is shown to be extremely mutable, after all.
>>
File: Jumanji - Perfect Match.jpg (388 KB, 1920x480) Image search: [Google]
Jumanji - Perfect Match.jpg
388 KB, 1920x480
>>80274988
Oh y'know, amazons and what not. I can't be bothered to do any descriptions, just watch the episode (perfect Match):

https://mega.co.nz/#F!d052XKoQ!7AVjJHG4GYSJBZVaFFhPSg
>>
>that one episode Alan brought the dice into the game and made everyone shit their pants
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-02-27-11h56m13s93.jpg (80 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-02-27-11h56m13s93.jpg
80 KB, 640x480
I don't like that Peter is voiced by Ashley Johnson. In a wierd way, that kinda makes him hotter than Judy...that's not right.
>>
>that episode where Ibsen builds a machine to torment people with their worst fears
>Alan's fear is not only that he'll grow old and die in Jumanji, but that Judy and Peter will spend their entire lives trying to get him out
>he sees a vision of a grown-up Judy having to leave her daughter behind on her birthday to go into Jumanji
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.