[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
X-fags who is your favourite Z-list or otherwise forgotten mutant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 15
File: Lineup.jpg (865 KB, 1280x789) Image search: [Google]
Lineup.jpg
865 KB, 1280x789
X-fags who is your favourite Z-list or otherwise forgotten mutant and how would you pitch an ongoing for them?
>>
>>79823907
Cyclops
>>
File: rightclopsisright.png (108 KB, 244x195) Image search: [Google]
rightclopsisright.png
108 KB, 244x195
>>79823907
Cyclops.

I'd have him appear in the last panel of Uncanny Inhumans ripping out Black Bolts Spine, and then proceed to dismantle every last one of those filthie nu-muties.
>>
>>79823907
He's an X-Man but not a mutant, Longshot.
>pitch
Fuck if I know. I probably like him sort of out of the spotlight anyway.
>>
File: 1454471544181.png (26 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1454471544181.png
26 KB, 557x605
>>79823976
>>79824004
He's neither Z-list nor really forgotten, just dead.
>>
>>79823907
"Iceman's Dubious Sexual Explorations"

Pretty self-explanatory
>>
Favorite Z-lister... Fuck me if I know. Lifeguard, lets say. She could appear as member of Imperial Guard or something. She's Shi-ar, right?
>>
>>79824004
Cyclops and Black Bolt are essentially the same character.

>not wanting a really hostile mutie/inhuman team-up with cyclops, black bolt, rogue and whichever counterpart they have for the ears and noses and JEAN!!! for the "sixth sense" ofc
>>
>>79824026
BODY
O
D
Y
>>
I always liked Sauron. Villain, but still. Just an on-going of Savage Land shenanigans.

All of Marvel I want to see Emery Shaub / Butterball again. Just wacky adventures of him on deep sea or arctic rescues.
>>
>>79824053
>ears
Namor?
He'd fit in as a total dick.
>nose
Kitty Pryde
>>
>>79824061
>guy gets bitten by fucking pterodactyl
Can't get more awesome.
>>
File: rightclops2.jpg (107 KB, 524x593) Image search: [Google]
rightclops2.jpg
107 KB, 524x593
>>79824053
I would have every last inhuman scum erased from the sands of time by a homicidal Beast, who then promptly does us all a favor and erases himself from the timeline.
>>
>>79824061
I just read the origin of Sauron today. He's named himself that because he's a LOTR nerd, no joke.
>Emery Shaub / Butterball
Wait there's a mutant named Schaub? That's my last name!
>>
>>79823907
>your favourite Z-list or otherwise forgotten mutant
Not Z-list by any means, but Chamber.
>how would you pitch an ongoing for them?
After becoming disillusioned with X-Men's stagnation, he forces Toad, who is unable to reconnect with Paige, to steal a school bus, and the two of them take a road trip around the country, visiting various D-listers along the way. If possible, also tie in Blindfold and consequences of Legion's disappearance as Jono's freaky face is directly related to that. I was actually planning on writing a fanfic but damn, my English is terrible.
>>79824011
Longshot is amazing but there's really not much anyone can do with him without completely rewriting his character. He's just a good guy who wants everyone to have a good time. Hell, even his powers are related to this fact. He's a great supporting character and provides colorful contrast to more "grounded and relatable" people but on his own he can't do much. Even Hastings' mini just used Longshot and his powers to show us various wacky situations.
>>
>>79824075
I don't know how to explain it but it's like:

>Black Bolt
>Speech is contained but is extremely powerful when unleashed

>Cyclops
>Sight has to be contained but is extremely powerful when unleashed

>Rogue
>Absorbs powers through touch but has to keep it contained

That's mouth, eyes and skin - loosely, taste, sight and touch. So you could have a themed squad if you had one for ears, nose - hearing, smell - as well.
>>
File: Dubpool.jpg (251 KB, 997x1500) Image search: [Google]
Dubpool.jpg
251 KB, 997x1500
>>79823976
>>79824004
Cyclops has achieved Poochie status at this point, if he's not there everyone's talking about Cyclops. He's in All New as the main focus, where there's a bunch of new villians cosplaying as him. In the other book Sinister made a clone of him, because he's THE BEST MUTANT YOU GUYS.

Lemire has his guys talking about Cyclops more than about Nightcrawler, and it seems that maybe the guy who's babbling incoherently and you're finding severed body parts of lying around might be worth a spare thought or two.
>>
File: dust.jpg (26 KB, 353x420) Image search: [Google]
dust.jpg
26 KB, 353x420
>>79824090
Now that everyone seem to love muslims i want a 2 part arc in ms marvel where she is helping dust againts a mod of mutant hunter or some mutant enemy
>>
>>79824111
I was merely memeing.
I guess the closest thing for ears would be Daredevil with his radar thing.
For the nose it seems to be the Dolph Lundgren dog from that one It's Always Sunny episode.
>>
>>79823907

Technically not an X-man, but a Z-list mutant nonetheless.
>>
>>79824157
Caliban for nose.
>>
>>79824104

Not a mutant, but went to Avengers Academy. Fat kid who's essentially stuck in time. Can never die, age, fatigue, freeze, heat, etc. He can run forever, lift forever, do anything forever, but because he is fat, he can't do much. Body is stuck so he will never lose weight or get stronger. He eventually gets reassigned as a rescue hero since his abilities will never be useful as a fighter and he will just be mind controlled. As a present, Taskmaster, Pym, and I think Constrictor let him take a picture of himself standing on top of them like he beat them in a fight.
>>
>>79824170
Yeah good pick. I just really didn't want to pick Logan or not!Log- I mean Sabretooth.
>>
>>79824177
>As a present, Taskmaster, Pym, and I think Constrictor let him take a picture of himself standing on top of them like he beat them in a fight.
Total bros.
>>
>>79824111
>>79824157
>>79824170

X-23 seems like who you'd pick for smell. Has the Wolverine/Caliban superhuman sense, but also has that one specific trigger scent that makes her go berserk and destroy everything she cares about.
>>
>>79824111
Snot for nose or smell
black bolt is hearing/sound
Toad for taste
Wolverine as team leader with muh heightened senses
>>
>>79824177
I think he really did beat them, in that they beat on him themselves until they were completely exhausted.
>>
>>79824177
His power is really made for him to master one skill over time that doesn't require physical prowess. He could literally learn anything since he doesn't age and could perform very dangerous tasks from his immortality. Pretty cool.
>>
File: unus.png (29 KB, 240x450) Image search: [Google]
unus.png
29 KB, 240x450
GET BACK
GET BACK
YOU DON'T KNOW ME LIKE DAT
>>
>>79824237
Nah, Taskmaster and Constrictor (Pym wasn't there. Pym wasn't even Pym at the time) told a few embarrassing stories to each other and decided that one more won't hurt, for the sake of the kid.
>>
>>79824254
Now that sentence where Bobby said he totally touched Unus the Untouchable has very different ring to it.
>>
File: brotherhood.jpg (53 KB, 450x223) Image search: [Google]
brotherhood.jpg
53 KB, 450x223
Basically the entire Brotherhood. I've had an idea for a Toad/Blob/Avalanche book for a long time now.
>>
>>79824273
Care to share your idea for book?
>>
>>79824254
>Gets his powers back from stolen Inhuman crystals
>Force field is so strong it won't let oxygen in and he suffocates himself

Terrigen. Not even once.
>>
>>79824286
No sterilization and crazy plague on arms? Wow, it's like Terrigen effects were retconned
>>
>>79824300
He just had crystals implanted into himself, he didn't breathe in any mist.

He couldn't even if he wanted to
>>
>>79824273
>>79824285
yes pls share, it sounds like it could be interesting.
>>
File: morrison2.jpg (73 KB, 370x710) Image search: [Google]
morrison2.jpg
73 KB, 370x710
>>79824105
>Longshot is amazing but there's really not much anyone can do with him without completely rewriting his character. He's just a good guy who wants everyone to have a good time. Hell, even his powers are related to this fact. He's a great supporting character and provides colorful contrast to more "grounded and relatable" people but on his own he can't do much. Even Hastings' mini just used Longshot and his powers to show us various wacky situations.
Yeah I entirely agree with that. One of his best characterizations was in Exiles, where he really didn't have to be anything more than an extremely cool guy.

But yeah to go deeper you'd have to reimagine him, which... I'm not entirely against. The Hastings mini did it sort of half-assedly but if you go back to his meta/amnesia/reboot thing you can make more great things. I mean he was sort of created by Mojo to be a main character, but he's never been, and he keeps being rebooted like a bad day Peter Parker.
Wait, fuck, what about a Morrison Mojoworld/Longshot mini?
>>
>>79824285
Long story short:
>Blob/Toad/Avalanche are low on cash and try to do heists
>They think they're like Oceans 11 or some shit but at the end of the day they're just neurotic thugs who get by using brute force
>At some point Toad gets mistakenly labeled as an Omega Level mutant thanks to a botched hacking job
>The Brotherhood become public enemy number 1 and are considered the most dangerous terrorists in the world

It would basically be a combination of superior foes and the stuff Oda is doing with Buggy in One Piece. I really like the concept of low tier characters being perceived as top tier threats and having to maintain that illusion.
>>
>>79824357
I'd read it. Marvel could make neat mini.
>>
>>79824357
I just don't see any of them having the charisma of Boomerang or Shocker to pull it off, they're usually all just sort of douches, although I guess that's on the writer.
>>
File: The Spot.jpg (174 KB, 434x500) Image search: [Google]
The Spot.jpg
174 KB, 434x500
>>79823907

Not an X-men character but I've always had a special place in my heart for The Spot, I could see a mini or ongoing with him being incredibly fun.
>>
CecĂ­lia Reyes.
I would write a comic book based on the "ER tv series" that deals her treating Heroes, villians and civilians.
>>
>>79824428
The Superior Foes versions of Boomerang and Shocker are pretty much exclusive to that book. Before it, they were just "sort of douches" too.
>>
>>79824505
Well Shocker was always a loser, but I guess he got the "lovable" adjective mostly in Superior Foes.
Yeah that's pretty much what I meant by "it's up to the writer".
>>
>>79824428
Well Toad has been written extremely differently from book to book. In some he's just a dick, in others he's a poor guy that everyone treats like shit even though he tries hard. He could totally be made into some relatable loser guy.
>>
File: X-Men - The 198 11.jpg (369 KB, 1024x1586) Image search: [Google]
X-Men - The 198 11.jpg
369 KB, 1024x1586
>>79824353
One can play with the fact that Longshot may not actually have a soul, being a clone (of his own son, even) and all, tying it with the source of his powers, how confidence issues can corrupt a pure heart, how all of it is measured. Or just go back to Mojo and use him as a gateway to exploration of a half-forgotten setting. But all of these subjects are rather tricky, meta probably most of all. It's very easy to delve into wink-wink-nudge-nudge-do-you-get-it-yet but at the same time any kind of subtlety often goes over readers' heads.

It's a personal opinion but I don't think Morrison is a good fit. He wrote some good stuff on this subject but after prolonged exposure it all starts to look similar and there's really no need to do another one.
>>79824428
Avalanche is probably second nicest guy Brotherhood ever had and Blob is loyal to a fault. Toad went back to suffering from identity issues but he used to be quite entertaining when he was a cocky bastard with a redemptive streak. Toad's pretty amazing and has a rich history with all kinds of characters but he's so inconsistently written it's actually one of his powers.
>>
>>79824555
I see Toad as the kind of guy who wallows in self-pity when he's down on his luck, but when things go even remotely his way he'd be gloating about it and rubbing it in everyone's face.
>>
>>79824505
"Deadly Foes of Spiderman" Shocker was pretty loveable (or at least sympathetic, dude was afraid of EVERYTHING), and
Boomerang was actually a pretty stand up dude there too. He refused to testify against the rest of the Foes because they're his TEAM and he's a team player.

That changed a lot in Superior, thinking it over.
>>
kiden Nixon. first we give her a name of a super hero. people don't like to be kidded and they don't like Nixon. time killer. i can some up this series in two words :ultra violence. no, three words ; super ultra violence. suppose she punches some guys in the head in the slow time and it pops like a balloon full of confetti... maybe it could be bendis. what if she went on rogue... who could stop her? we can also kill bendis for real.
>>
>>79824629
Pretty sure the change started as early as Thunderbolts, starting from new costumes. Boomerang played a minor role but his portrayal was very close to his Superior version. Him backstabbing his old self to get his own old gear was hilarious.
>>
>>79823907
Be careful what you wish for. Cypher was my favourite Z-lister, and look what happened when they brought him back from the dead.
>>
>>79824674
He became great again but this time he didn't have to die because of it? Wow, I feel so bad for you. I have no idea how I'd feel if both Wells and PAD wrote my favorite character.
>>
I am reading new mutant vol 1 and Rahne is a cutie, sad she doesnt appear more
>>
>>79824697
>He became great again
Did Cypher make a third comeback? What did I miss?
>>
>>79824745
She was great in PAD's X-Factor.
>>
File: X-Fator-Zone 010.jpg (814 KB, 1280x1968) Image search: [Google]
X-Fator-Zone 010.jpg
814 KB, 1280x1968
>>79824753
Zeb Wells' New Mutants and PAD's All-New X-Factor. Both have Cypher go through some crap but both make him come out on top and he's portrayed in sympathetic light. In ANXF he's probably the only character with clean moral ideals but the contrast doesn't make him look like a fool, which is a rarity in these kind of setups.
>>79824776
Her transfer to X-Force and consequences of PAD's stroke kind of messed her up though. Still, it's a great read.
>>
>>79824090
Why you people hated beast so much?
>>
>>79824090
Excuse my stupidity but is that an edit?
>>
>>79824169
ghost rider is mutan?
>>
>>79823907
why bother? most of z-lister are no longer mutan anyway
>>
File: El-Guapo.jpg (142 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
El-Guapo.jpg
142 KB, 1200x600
>>79824913

No, but El Guapo is!
>>
File: Sunfire.jpg (131 KB, 598x1066) Image search: [Google]
Sunfire.jpg
131 KB, 598x1066
>favourite Z-list or otherwise forgotten mutant
Sunfire

>pitch an ongoing for them?
I dunno, him against the Hand?
>>
>>79825403

I don't think Sunfire is Z-list. He's D-list at worst.
>>
>>79824357
You. I like you.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.