[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scott Snyder is leaving Batman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 14
File: Batman 50.jpg (252 KB, 774x1200) Image search: [Google]
Batman 50.jpg
252 KB, 774x1200
>Batman writer Scott Snyder has announced that he will be leaving the title with April's #51. The writer revealed it in an interview with ComicVine discussing what readers can expect with March's Batman #50.

>"Just that Greg [Capullo] and I have had a blast together on this run. It’s our second to last issue together. 51 is my last issue as well on Batman," Snyder said. "For me, 50 is the quiet issue and 51 is really just a letter to the fans from us and a letter to Batman. It’s the lightest I’ve ever written. Not lightest as in happy but light as in not as many panels per page. It’s really really open. It’s a chance for Greg to draw the close before we take our break. 50 we wanted to be the opposite. We wanted it to be the most explosive, jam-packed sort of blockbuster crazed issue we’ve ever done. I hope it delivers in that regard."

>Snyder posted on Twitter that he's currently writing Batman #51.

>The Tweet: Truth: I've been delaying writing the last pages of Batman #51 - my final issue on the series & last comic w @GregCapullo for 6 months.

>Capullo is leaving Batman to work on an as-yet-untitled creator-owned project with Mark Millar, but has confirmed that he and Snyder have another DC project following that. Neither he nor Snyder have disclosed what that is.
>>
How did that issue with Bloom end actually?
>>
File: image.gif (261 KB, 328x272) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
261 KB, 328x272
>>79748777
There is a god.
>>
>>79748777
At last
>>
>>79748777
Good. Court of Owls was the only decent thing he did on this run.
>>
>>79748777
So we can expect fewer word bubbles and narration boxes
>>
>>79748803
It hasn't ended exactly. Bruce just got his memory back or something on the end of today's issue.
>>
>>79748871
"My father once told me..."
>>
>>79748777
>but has confirmed that he and Snyder have another DC project following that. Neither he nor Snyder have disclosed what that is
Wonder Woman pls
>>
>>79748777

God, I'm going to miss Capullo
>>
>>79749558
The only thing to miss about this run. DC REALLY needs to bring it with whoever they get to draw this book next. Perhaps someone with a really unique style continuing the weirdness of Quitely/Irving.
>>
>Snyder/Capullo's Batman is the only book I'm actually still buying from DC

Guess I'm done with DC now.
>>
>>79749755
Get some better taste
>>
>>79749755
You don't like Midnighter/Grayson/Omega Men?
>>
>>79748777
Shit guys
I'm kinda scared of Snyder leaving
I mean he wasn't that good, but at least he wasn't the worst one
Imagine somebody like Slott, who hates character, running Batman
>>
>>79749793
I don't like faggots.
>>
File: Primekek.png (77 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
Primekek.png
77 KB, 292x257
>>79749808
>Imagine somebody like Slott
>Slott
>On DC
Sure thing man
>>
>>79749808
John Green as the new Batman writer. Fund it.
>>
File: JLA_Classified_Vol_1_33.jpg (100 KB, 436x672) Image search: [Google]
JLA_Classified_Vol_1_33.jpg
100 KB, 436x672
>>79749849
Yeah, never heard of that one before. Also, he said LIKE Slott. Idiot.
>>
File: 1320823.jpg (125 KB, 600x936) Image search: [Google]
1320823.jpg
125 KB, 600x936
>>79749808
>>79749849
Already happened and it was good.
>>
Is there any info yet on who'll be taking over the book after Snyder and Capullo?
>>
>>79749927
The rumor the other day said Tom King
>>
>>79749927
All roads lead to the King
>>
>>79749821
You could have just said you were a tasteless cunt and left it at that.
>>
>>79750048
Stop supporting child-raping degenerates.
>>
>>79750048
He's just trolling you.
>>
>>79748777
Ding dong!
The witch is dead
>>
So what other writer/artist changes are confirmed?

> Jensen off Flash, no upcoming DC projects
> David Walker not writing Cyborg
> SeeKing off Grayson (temporarily?)
> Billy Tan off GL
> Brad Walker off Sinestro
> Johns and EVS working on Rebirth
>>
>>79750552
>Finches are worse than any of the big 7 solos
>tfw they aren't confirmed to leave yet
>>
>>79750552
Lobdell/Pfeiffer off TT
Pak on TT
>>
>>79748945
Im a mixed bag of dread and anxiousness
>>
>>79751669
Can't be worse than the Finches.
>>
>>79748853
Year zero was good especially the back parts
>>
>>79749808
You mean like earth one?
>>
>>79751749
>le johns hates batman may may
that scene of Batman talking down power ring showed more understanding for the character than any of morrisons issues ever did.
>>
>>79751935
>this is what Johnsfags believe
>>
>>79751935
Don't counter a meme with a shitpost.
>>
>>79749962
>>79749963
>No Tom King GL
;_;
>>
>>79748777
Posting the first-ever interview under the ComicVine-Gamespot partnership.

>COMIC VINE: The issue opens with a look at a different Bruce Wayne and Council of Owls. How much of that backstory did you come up with?

>SCOTT SNYDER: We actually came out with a lot of backstory and scenarios—me and James [Tynion IV]. He’s a real world builder like in Batman and Robin Eternal. He loves that stuff. The idea was to try to create scenarios that weren’t just fun things, but something that would really show us a sense of another opportunity for who he was. Here the idea was with the Council of Owls, Joe Chill being in the cave, the possibility of his villains being his helpers…all of it. We really wanted it to be something where it felt almost like a possibility he would want somehow. The Manor moves to the top of Wayne Tower and so on. This is Bruce as a well adjusted Batman—if he was over the trauma. If he was able to get over the scar, he’d still have all these abilities to be Batman. Here, what we wanted to do was say, is that possible? Would that make for a better Batman? Batman would still be the same pathologically driven detective character we know. Instead he’s able to overcome some of the scars of his life.

>CV: Do you think you’d ever want to fully explore this version, or the others seen here, at some point?

>SCOTT: I’d love to! I have so many stories in my head for all these different things. The ones we did here are sort of glimpses. You’ll notice, one of the themes I love to do, I’ve done throughout this run, is to try and see how far I can extend the mythology in my mind in different variants. Like in the DETECTIVE COMICS #27 short with Sean [Murphy], that reality where he clones himself and became Batman for hundreds and hundreds of years, we’ve sort of introduced that into continuity.
>>
>>79752370
>Also in Endgame, there was all the different ways he could die when he was exposed to the fear gas. I love doing moments where we get to see insane conventions of the mythology and push the characters to their limits. The thing that’s amazing about it is when you do—any of these things I’d be happy to write. I’d love to write Batman, Bluebird, and Lark like we saw for a moment at the beginning of Endgame—fighting aliens or whatever. I know we could make it work. Not because Batman is flexible or rubbery, but because at his core, there’s that one thing he has to overcome to bring meaning to it all. That could be touched on in so many different ways. There could be Bruce Wayne adopted by the Kents, Bruce Wayne if his parents had lived, there’s just so many. There’s so many different story possibilities I’d love to write.

>CV: Who came up with the white suit design of this Batman?

>SCOTT: I suggested it. I asked for something that’s bright and kind of regal and a little more like the sun. The bat symbol here is the sun that lights the city. I suggested it to Yanick [Paquette] and he really came up with a killer design. I’m so thrilled with what he’s been able to do.

>CV: Julie Madison drops a pretty big bombshell about what she knew. Will you explore that later?

>SCOTT: Yup. For me, one of the things about this arc is defining a lot of the conventional troupes and try to avoid things that look familiar. We wanted every turn to be something unexpected, even if we’re taking characters that would make a really good plot reveal and play them differently in ways that might be more subtle. For example, in the beginning, I think everyone expected Geri Powers to be a big villain and Julie Madison to secretly be Bloom and stuff like that. There’s twists like that, and you’ll see in 50 there’s some fun things coming up that’ll surprise you.
>>
>>79752406
>Ultimately I think this arc has been not just about defining plot conventions but taking these characters to places you haven’t seen emotionally and psychologically. With Julie, it was about making her a real and viable partner—making her someone Bruce admires and looks up to and inspires him. She also understands him better than he understands himself. In that way, I wanted it to be something where she’s the hero. She also makes a big sacrifice. She also plays the part of her father by pulling the trigger or providing the trigger. She provides the ‘gun’ that will kill this Bruce to bring back Batman.

>CV: Alfred doesn’t want Bruce to go back to being Batman. Will he still be willing to perform his role in assisting Batman?

>SCOTT: You’ll have to wait and see! I think it’ll change their relationship in some ways. You’ll hear a little about it in 50 and I think 51 and so on. We’ll definitely address it. For me, Alfred is the father figure for the son that doesn’t understand. It’s a really rough road. I think about it a lot. What if my son wanted to be something that puts him in the line of danger that I hate seeing him do, but I knew deep down it was the only thing that would make him happy. That’s what Alfred is going through.

>CV: Will you touch on Alfred’s role in We Are Robin at all?

>SCOTT: No, I’m not going to really touch on that in Batman itself. I’m trying to give everyone enough room to wrap up their stories and do what they do best, you know? Like stuff in Justice League, We Are Robin, or Batman and Robin Eternal, I’m trying to steer clear of and let everyone have the space to finish their stories. I want them to have the pieces they need and make Batman pretty singular.
>>
>>79750393
My feeling exactly.

His cardinal mistake was to make Batman boring at the end -- at least during the past year there hasn't been much enthousiasm concerning new issues (either postive or nagative)
>>
>>79752427
>CV: If Bruce can get his Batman memories back, will he have to train his body again to perform the moves he might remember being capable of?

>SCOTT: Spoiler! I don’t mean to spoil 50, but we end Bruce’s emotional arc here with a big revelation that he found a way back and has a bunch of tough decisions and Jim’s story is still going. Jim’s really the protagonist of the arc. His biggest challenge is coming. What that means for Bruce is that now it’s time to have fun with it. Bruce is now going to be the most awesome Batman you’ve ever seen. For me, the idea is if he becomes Batman again, we’ll bring him back healed. He’ll be faster and stronger than he’s ever been. No more scar tissue. No more wear and tear. He’s like Bruce physically 25 almost. Not the age but his body is healed. His body is perfect. At the same time, he’s got all the skills. You should prepare to see him kick some serious ass.

>CV: What can you tease about issue 50?

>SCOTT: Just that Greg [Capullo] and I have had a blast together on this run. It’s our second to last issue together. 51 is my last issue as well on Batman. For me, 50 is the quiet issue and 51 is really just a letter to the fans from us and a letter to Batman. It’s the lightest I’ve ever written. Not lightest as in happy but light as in not as many panels per page. It’s really really open. It’s a chance for Greg to draw the close before we take our break. 50 we wanted to be the opposite. We wanted it to be the most explosive, jam-packed sort of blockbuster crazed issue we’ve ever done. I hope it delivers in that regard.
>>
>>79748777
And finally you forgot sauce for your pasta: http://www.newsarama.com/27923-scott-snyder-leaving-batman.html
>>
>>79751935
>johnsfags are this deluded.

Nah it just shows that Johns watched JLU. Johns isnt a batman writter, is not a batman fan, and didnt read batman when he was a kid/teen.
>>
>>79752544
>didnt read batman when he was a kid/teen
He did actually, he gifted one of his old Batman comics to Brubaker.
>>
>Inb4 whoever they get to replace Sender gets deemed to be even worse and /co/ starts clamoring for Sender's return

Screencap this shit now, this will happen
>>
Is Synder's run something worth getting into, or no?
>>
>>79752927
Once Snyder will be off the book the shitposting will die down
>>
>>79752890
He had comics, that doesnt mean he was a batman reader.
>>
>>79753117
That's fucking retarded. Why would he buy Batman comics/ask his parents to buy them if he didn't read them? Do you realize how moronic you sound right now?
>>
>>79752954
It is.
>>
>>79752954
It's a great run.
>>
>>79753350
>Do you realize how moronic you sound right now?

UNCLE.
>>
>>79753350

I have FF, comics, like 30, i'm not a FF reader, but my guess is that you are not a batman reader either.
>>
>>79750552
where did you see david walker not on cyborg
>>
>>79753796
>I have FF, comics, like 30, i'm not a FF reader
You're a fucking idiot then.
>but my guess is that you are not a batman reader either.
Kid, I'm pretty sure I've read more Batman than you have.
>>
>>79752977
I think it's really funny that you think that.
>>
>>79753869
Nah, if you say johns gets batman better than morrison you show how dumb you are, if you like Earth one better than legends of the dark knight it's pretty clear that you are just a Johnsfag.
>>
>>79752977
No, being on Batman will cause /co/ to hate the new writer.
>>
>>79754028
>if you say johns gets batman better than morrison you show how dumb you are, if you like Earth one better than legends of the dark knight
When the fuck did I say either of these things? I despise Earth One.
>>
>>79754032
I wasn't on /co/ before 2011, >inb4newfag, did /co/ shit on Morrison when he was in charge?
>>
Alright /co/ Didio has put you in charge of getting a new writer for batman, who do you pick?

Hardmode pick a female writer
>>
>>79754148
A little yeah, his run wasn't without controversies (the idea that EVERY Batman story is canon, pushing Damian, "killing off" Bruce, etc)
>>
>>79754148
There was always shitposting during his run. Less during Batman and Robin, but there were always people claiming he's "ruining Batman".
Also, related, during the first 7-8 months of the new52, the popular opinion on Snyder was that his Batman run was amazing with plenty of people saying his run might end up being better than Morrison's.
>>
>>79754189
Genevieve Valentine or Becky Cloonan.
>>
>>79754189
Valentine
>>
>>79754189
Valentine.
>>
>>79754253
>during the first 7-8 months of the new52, the popular opinion on Snyder was that his Batman run was amazing
Well for the first 7-8 issues it was. Things didn't go to shit until DotF
>>
>>79754352
Not even that far ahead, the last two issues of the CoO thing certainly soured some people back then.
>>
>>79754352
Zero Year was a better arc than CoO. Besides, you get plenty of shitposters now claiming it was shit from #1.
>>
>>79754411
Probably an unpopular opinion on /co/ but I think the extent to which CoO's ending was "ruined" was vastly overstated. It wasn't the same level of quality as the beginning, but it definitely didn't tarnish the rest of the story.
>>
>>79754454
I can't totally enjoy Zero Year because the autist in me can't look past it "replacing" Year One, which is way better.
>>
>>79754238
>the idea that EVERY Batman story is canon,
How the fuck did he pull that off?
>>
>>79754522
The weirder ones were hallucinations.
>>
>>79754481
I liked the last issues. It's the issue before that wasn't as good because Owlman spends half of it going "Who am I? Who am I? Who am I?"
>>
>>79754522
Some of the more out-there stories were either hallucinations he experienced in Dr. Hurt's isolation chamber or documented in the Black Casebook.
>>
>>79754517
Well, that is pretty autistic.
>>
>>79754630
Also autistic is giving James Gordon's coat its own tragic origin story.
>>
>>79754559
Or were they?
>>
>>79748853
CoO was shit from issue 8 on Zero Year is by far the beat part. Shit Black Glove rip off
>>
>>79754189
Gerard Way
>>
Personally I've really enjoy Snyder and Capullo's run on Batman.

Have they produced the best Batman stories? No.

Have they consistently produced good Batman stories? Yes.

For a monthly series having good stories, and some of the most beautiful Batman art I've seen in years has been absolutely spectacular. They haven't tried to reinvent the wheel with Batman, but they haven't been completely derivative and have actually been doing new things with Batman while being true to Batman.

Also, and this is a personal thing, I liked Harper Row and felt like she was a better realised version of Tim Drake (who has always been my least favorite Robin).

I'm interested to see who they get next but they'll have big shoes to fill as before Snyder and Capullo it was Morrison. Good luck new Batman writer.
>>
>>79756602
>Have they consistently produced good Batman stories? Yes.
I would disagree that Death of the Family and Endgame were good stories

>They haven't tried to reinvent the wheel with Batman
Regardless of whether you thought it was good or bad, that's literally what Zero Year was

>but they haven't been completely derivative
Morrison would like a word

>I liked Harper Row
>>
>>79754189
Is hard mode really all that hard? Valentine might do alright
>>
>>79756795
It'd be hard mode if he said no Valentine since that's what literally everyone is answering.
>>
>>79751606
I think Pak is only doing that one TT arc as a fill-in

https://twitter.com/gregpak/status/694544630591918080
>>
>>79756602
>Have they consistently produced good Batman stories? Yes.
Death of the Family and Endgame say hi.
>>
>>79749755
Pleb
>>
>>79756744

Zero Year wasn't reinventing Batman. The core of Batman was still there, and Batman Year One wasn't canon anymore. It still has Bruce going overseas to learn how to be a badass, coming back to Gotham and fighting as a vigilante only to fail because he doesn't understand what he needs to do until he sees the Bat.

I think it's very reasonable to disagree with Death of the Family and Endgame, but personally I thought they were great.

I understand that me and Snyder are like the only people in the world who like Harper Row, that's my cross to bare.
>>
>>79748945
Green Arrow
>>
>>79757853
That would be a waste, the new run doesn't piss anyone off. Put Snyder on a book that needs saving.
>>
>>79757952
What if Snyder got put in charge of a Jason/Tim book?
>>
>>79757986
That would be a waste as well. Fuck those two.
>>
>>79757986
he would never be put in charge of a jason/tim book so what does it matter
>>
>>79748777
Oh no he's leaving. Now I'll go have five seconds without looking at the Joker. How terrible.
>>
>>79760168
Batman's actually getting cancelled in Rebirth. It will now be replaced by "Joker and Batsy"
>>
>>79750393
Don't ya mean Wytch?
>>
File: 2016-02-10-20-22-40-1641753316.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-10-20-22-40-1641753316.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>>79748777
And nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>79748777
>le batman and jokah are like gay couple lmao xD
Glad he's gone
>>
>>79757986
They aren't gonna downgrade him from a Batman book to a Robin book. Especially a Robin book about the Robins Dc cares about least.
>>
>>79761100
Every book is a downgrade from Batman in terms of clout and importance
>>
>>79761138
>Every book is a downgrade from Batman in terms of clout
lol
>>
>>79756888
>https://twitter.com/gregpak/status/694544630591918080
he says "secret stuff", that could easily mean he's doing more TT but can't talk about it yet
>>
>>79749755
You'll be called a Plebian here, but there are thousands of readers like you.
>>
>>79761337
>SeeKing take over Batman
>yfw Batman sales drop because they're literally whos
>>
>>79761460
the sales would drop but probably still stay good, like 60-70k
>>
>>79761556
DC might as well commit suicide then.
>>
>>79748777
oh god..soo good!
now do it with slott.. come on man!
>>
>>79748777
Thank god. His run was crap.

And Superheavy's been pretty horrid outside of the little girl getting Bloomed Up.

Put Tom King on this book. He's a better writer period than this overrated hack job.
>>
>>79761625
Nah, that's what it was like during Morrison's run when Batman and Robin and Batman Inc were running and Daniel was doing whatever on Batman. If anything they might give Johns another book along with JL to boost the bottom line.
>>
>>79761556

>Batmans readership will drop by half

No
>>
>>79761698
That's how much it sells when there isn't a big name on the book.
>>
>>79761720
Unless it's a spectacular bad first arc, I don't see the sales dropping below 90k.
>>
>>79748777

Didn't he announce that he's moving from Batman straight to Detective Comics? As in, moving from one Batman solo title to a different but for all purposes identical Batman solo title?
>>
>>79761696

Johns is a terrible idea for batman. Also he doesn't get books, he has the power to write anything he want he just doesn't have the time
>>
>>79761833
>Didn't he announce that he's moving from Batman straight to Detective Comics?

https://twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/status/697173191907737601
>>
File: Hulk_Vol_2_41_Textless.jpg (273 KB, 900x1367) Image search: [Google]
Hulk_Vol_2_41_Textless.jpg
273 KB, 900x1367
>>79761460
Nah, they'll get Jeff Parker to do it.

The guy everyone gets when they need to an intermediary writer to sift through the ashes of a mega story arc and act as a scapegoat when they need someone to blame for the exhausted readership going elsewhere.
>>
>>79761833
The Tec move was a Bleeding Cool rumor
>>
>>79761690
>And Superheavy's been pretty horrid outside of the little girl getting Bloomed Up.
I dunno. Bloom's monologue last issue was pretty neato.
>>
>>79761850
I didn't say he'd get a Batbook, just that he'd be allowed another ongoing now since he generally sells ok. It would make up the difference in what you lose with Snyder off Batman.
>>
>>79761871
To be fair, all of their Rebirth rumors have been true so far.
>>
>>79761900
I don't think johns is allowed to write more than two books at a time.

JL is one and Batman Earth One is the other.
>>
>le king meme
Let the man finish a good run before you put him on the biggest book, overstretch him and completely ruin him
>>
>>79761923
literally nothing has been confirmed yet to make you think it's true
>>
>>79761966
I'm kind of lumping "rebirth" and "shit that's happening around issue #52" into one category.
>>
>>79761923
We don't even have any Rebirth info.

Just that most of the A lister solo creative teams are all leaving. And most people expected this by #50 or #52.

>>79761956
Yeah we don't even know if King is good with endings yet. Grayson seems to be one long story and Omega Men and Vision haven't finished yet.
But Robin War had a nice pace and ending.
He might be another Snyder for all we know.
>>
>>79762001
He wrote a capeshit novel.
>>
>>79762001
>But Robin War had a nice pace and ending.

Really? I was super invested for the first couple issues, but by the end of the event I just didn't care at all.
>>
>>79762034
Did it have a good ending or did it just kinda fizzle out and leave you blue balled?
>>
>>79762067
I was talking more about King's issues since I didn't read the storytimes of the others.
And somebody did a storytime of King's issues and I could understand mostly everything, so that's good.
>>
>>79762071
I personally liked it.
>>
>>79754189
For a non-Valentine answer:

Marguerite Bennett. She literally studied under Snyder and already had a Batman issue during Snyder's run (Annual #2). Plus, main writer of DC Bombshells.
>>
>>79762135
Why do you want Batman to be even worse?
>>
>>79756888

Titans are getting reshifted.

Titan's Hunt will end with the classic line up and SeeKing on writing. Rebirth won't be Nightwing Rebirth but Grayson will relaunch as Nightwing also with SeeKing on writing duties covering the Court of Owls arc.

Tim's team will take a break but eventually be relaunched with a back to basic's approach. Probably Tim/Con/Bart/Cassie and maybe another character after a brief hiatus. Tim, however, gets a solo book so he has a place to go until they relaunch a team for him. Probably Young Justice in hopes to get the shows fans.

I just feel it in my bones. There have been enough small hints about all this that I know it's coming.
>>
>>79762135
[UNSOLICITED OPINIONS ON WHETHER BATMAN SHOULD KILL THE JOKER???]
>>
>>79762180
>Young Justice by Pak
I'd buy it.
>>
>>79762180
>/co/ hyping up for what they think is SeeKing on Batman
>SeeKing is revealed to just be on Titans

The reaction would be funny but either of them being wasted on such a hamster wheel of a franchise would be horrible

A Titans book is definitely coming though
>>
>>79762180
>SeeKing on Titans

what a fucking waste
>>
File: shitty jason.png (46 KB, 112x146) Image search: [Google]
shitty jason.png
46 KB, 112x146
>>79762180
>King on Titans
>King going from having more control over his writing to having what will probably be Berganza's hand up his ass
>>
>>79762180
Would that cause /co/ to hate King and Seeley or /co/ to hate the Titans even more?
>>
>>79762552
I would just be generally bitter. "Follow the creators" can only go so far, I have zero fucking interest in reading Titans shit.
>>
>>79762732

They might be able to break the curse.

Can't we have a little bit of optimism guys?
>>
>>79763166
No.
>>
>>79763166
But it's been 84 years...
>>
>>79763166
They probably don't care enough to put it under a non-shitty editor, so no.
>>
>>79763166
fuck you
>>
>>79763355

It almost had a TV show and might get a movie and it's one of their most popular brands.

If DC wants to fix their shit they need to get Titans shit together.

This is the perfect way.
>>
File: joker is quite a why's guy.jpg (26 KB, 361x592) Image search: [Google]
joker is quite a why's guy.jpg
26 KB, 361x592
>>79748777
>to work on an as-yet-untitled creator-owned project with Mark Millar
> with Mark Millar
>>
>>79765200
because it's basically guaranteed to get optioned
>>
are you ready for tynion batman
>>
>>79763510
>It almost had a TV show

It ran for 5 seasons, dude
>>
>>79767970
He's talking about live action show that was being developed by TNT, not the 2003 cartoon.
>>
Snyder is moving to Detective Comics

And

Marc Silvestri is taking over Batman.
>>
>>79762001
Just like how you can kow Snyder is shit at endings before he finished his Batman run.
>>
>>79754189
Azarello or Valentine
I actually want King to write GLC or Supes.
>>
File: 5btTIQ8.jpg (2 MB, 2982x2292) Image search: [Google]
5btTIQ8.jpg
2 MB, 2982x2292
>>79748871
Is Scott Snyder DC's Brian Michael Bendis?
>>
>>79768341
no that's tomasi
>>
>>79768341
Not really.
Snyder mostly overuses speech bubbles at the end of the arc to explain everything that happened and to have the villain rant about his plan and relation to the hero.
He's pretty normal besides that.
>>
>>79768362
>every plot is the same big event
>bad characterisation
>can't write anything except his bad OC and pet characters
>in your face writing
>>
File: journey.jpg (80 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
journey.jpg
80 KB, 540x720
>>79748777

He was ok, he made Riddler to mega though, would have kept Riddler as a two bit and sneaky snidey gang member, myself. Bon voyage Snyder.
>>
>>79768429
Talking about his writing senpai

Snyder doesn't do bendis speak
>>
>>79748803

Batman Bruce is back, and wants the batmobile.
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 639x663) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 639x663
Simone on a Zatanna book, or something magic related maybe?
>>
Apparently Venditti is off Flash? Jensen said he's doing 50-52 alone and then he's off

https://twitter.com/van_jensen/status/697797274034925568
>>
>>79748777
Man, I just started sorta liking it. I mean, I hated it, but it was also extremely entertaining. I hope the new writer is someone not boring like most of the writers at the big two. Anyway, good luck, Scott. I hate you so much.
>>
File: image.jpg (379 KB, 1031x1566) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
379 KB, 1031x1566
Starfire ending at 12

http://comicsalliance.com/palmiotti-conner-starfire-cancellation-interview/
>>
>>79768525
>not told us to tuhs pu

Ya fucked up
>>
>>79748777
checked

>tfw the only comics I'm reading now are JL and batman
tfw just one comic in my list now, from 20 to one in 12 months

the industry is going downhill

RIP capullo, I loved his art.
>>
>>79768525
secret six is just using magic characters right now
>>
>>79768883
I'm going to parrot everyone on /co/ and tell you to read Grayson
>>
>>79768883
you need better taste
>>
>>79769079
She said she has a new book announcement next week, that's what the tweet was about I thought
>>
>>79762552

Probably the latter, because if Berganza is the editor I don't think they stand a chance, even if they are a crack team.
>>
>>79761866
The Red Hulk run was better than it had any right to be.
>>
>tfw you've been waiting years for Steph Brown to be back and bring a semblance of fun to n52
>She appears in Eternal
>It's shit
>Old Steph appears in Convergence
>It's even shittier
>Meanwhile Bryan Q. Miller stuck in Smallville comics
why can't we have a lighthearthed batfamily book
>>
>>79762180
>Tim, however, gets a solo book
Delusional Timfags, par for the course
>>
>>79774937
people with shit taste don't deserve anything.
>>
>>79774937
steph is a shit character, the bat family is to god damm big at this point, she needs to go away forever.
>>
>>79775100
I rather have her than fuckin Bluebird.
>>
>>79775076
Yet we still have Red hood/Arsenal
>>
>>79749962
>>79749963
So the guy who's at the moment writing the best Marvel and best DC comic is gonna get on Batman? Sounds hype as shit. He's done a pretty good job on Grayson, too, so hopefully he brings the awesome to Batman.

Always thought Snyder's run was a bit overrated doing the same old ideas for the most of it (though Capullo's art was top tier), so it's gonna be a welcome change if true.
>>
>>79775218
even snyder at his worst looks good because of capullo. Man I'm gonna miss him.
>>
>>79775163
good god, i hate that dumb bitch also.
>>
>>79754189
Kathryn Immonen because why not
Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.