[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not New Not Different
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 12
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (185 KB, 1440x1440) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
185 KB, 1440x1440
I'm not reading any of the minority SJW books right now. Is there any hints at legacy characters coming back? I think brown Ms. Marvel is getting kicked off the Avengers soon, and black Spider-man's books are flopping, but is there any thing else?
>>
>>79696222
Steve is coming back but Sam isn't leaving. Ms. Marvel isn't leaving and Miles can't be flopping because he's had one issue and as far as I know the numbers aren't back yet. He was doing well enough to keep an entire universe afloat before so I doubt he's going anytime soon.
>>
>>79696449
I was at the bookstore the other day and they had tons of copies on his book. More than any other book. They also had a lot of his old book on $1 clearance.
>>
>>79696222
>Ms. Marvel
im tired of this fucking meme that people cared about Carol

Kamala did more for the new than Carol ever did and everybody with half a brain knows Mar-vell is never ever coming back under the title
>>
>>79696222
Don't listen to the nay-sayers, you can turn this all around and bring back the perfect Marvel universe of your inaccurate memories if you just complain enough about it online.
>>
>>79696638
Huh?
>>
>>79696449
Miles isn't flopping at all, its Marvel's number one book on Comixology right now and it was the #1 comic on the BC poll that collects data from a number of comic shops

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/07/bleeding-cool-bestseller-list-7th-feb-2016-a-one-two-for-spider-man/
>>
>>79697156
no one gives a shit about Carol so people need to stop making a big deal about Kamala taking over the name
>>
>>79696594
Well that solves it then.
>>
>>79696222
Brown Ms Marvel is genuinely good and better than Carol. And I actually like Carol.
fuk u op
>>
Kamala is actually popular. Don't expect her to go anywhere any time soon. Her getting kicked off the avengers is a plot point, not an indication that people don't like her. Plus Carol won't ever be demoted to Ms. Marvel again. It's too demeaning to go from Captain to Ms.
>>
Thor will return eventually as Aaron's canon already tells us. Jane will eventually succumb to the cancer and we'll learn whatever it was that made Odinson unworthy.
>>
>>79696222
>and black Spider-man's books are flopping
His first issue only just came out last week.
>>
>>79696222
>Is there any hints at legacy characters coming back?
When are their movies being released? Expect them to be back that month.
>I think brown Ms. Marvel is getting kicked off the Avengers soon
I seriously doubt that will last, if future covers tell us anything. And with Carol getting a movie as Captain Marvel, I can't see her going back to being Ms Marvel at any time in the near future.
>black Spider-man's books are flopping
He just got a new issue #1 last week. How are you defining flopping?
>>
>>79696222
>legacy characters coming back
You realize that "legacy character" means characters who took up the mantle of pre-existing heroes, right? Miles, Kamala, and Captain Falcon ARE legacy heroes.
>>
I want Bruce Banner as Hulk back.
>>
>>79697473
Its probably just gonna be something dumb like "Thor kills Jane Foster" what with her being Thor causing her cancer to kill her.
>>
>>79697557
Why? TAH has been great so far. Second best Marvel book after Vision.
>>
>>79697579
>her being Thor causing her cancer to kill her.
Wasn't she already dying of cancer before getting mjolnir? I thought using it has just made it worse.
>>
>>79696222
miles flopping ? hahahaha
>>
>>79697557
I want Pak gone to be honest

Or basically most of the past ten years gone
>>
>>79697423
Not saying it's going to happen, but DC did something similar turning Barbara from Oracle back into Batgirl.
>>
>>79697557
I want Cho to stay Hulk on Earth, but for Banner to have another book with him in K'ai doing barbarian king stuff with his wife Jarella.
>>
File: JUN140667-HULK.jpg (19 KB, 400x553) Image search: [Google]
JUN140667-HULK.jpg
19 KB, 400x553
>>79697557
You have to be more specific, for instance: I want dangerous uncontrollable killer tantrums Hulk back, from the stories where Banner was a desperate fugitive who all sorts of heroes and villians would constantly try to contain or take down unsuccessfully.
Back then he was a force of nature that no one else could ever overpower, that was what made Hulk undeniably the strongest there is.
>>
>>79698124
Don't you have some Star Trek comics to be making in word clipart Mr. Byrne?
>>
>>79697931
Jarella's deader than Gwen Stacy and uncle Ben.
>>
>>79697732
Yes and no, that damn hammer magically removes all poisons from the wielder's body automatically- so no chemo treatments for her. And if she goes to the Asguardians for a simple magic cure they'll find out about the hammer's enchantment over her and Odin will kill her dead for "stealing" a magic hammer. Seems like a stressful situation.
(Bonus for the haters: if nothing changes she's not going to last forever...)
>>
>>79698243
K'ai is also very dead
Also not vaguely interesting since the early 80s
>>
>>79698207
Your words are mean. You're trying to make me angry... You wouldn't like me when I'm angry...
>>
>>79698530
Seriously, both of Johnny boy's runs were about 'let's go back to basics to something that hulk has never really been'

The first one was just brainless Hulk separated from Banner rampaging around the United States as a bunch of characters nobody cared about and Doc Samson chased after it while dying humanityless Hulk kicked the shit out of all the Avengers at the same time
The second was more traditional with Hulk only separated from Banner briefly at the start to kill a bunch of people. Don't know how it's really muh killer Hulk Byrne was rambling about when he himself says the Hulk has never killed anyone and the adventures are very tame but hey it was good
>>
>>79697338
Its the principle of the matter.
>>79697423
Popular with who? Dumbass SoCal teenagers?
>>
File: Saved.png (648 KB, 475x718) Image search: [Google]
Saved.png
648 KB, 475x718
>>79697304
>Only Batman sells
>Literally the only reason people bought the Neal Adams Variant for Det' Comics was because Harley was on it
>all your favorite DC Books are gonna be cancelled once Rebirth launches
Such is the life.
>>
>>79698718
Well, if that story was written by someone not so hypocritically douchbaggy, could you at least see why someone would like the concept?
Because nothing has irritated me more than when they have awkwardly forced this original monsterous condition concept into conforming to the traditional shallow superhero story structure.
>>
>>79699019
But the thing with what you and Byrne are saying, that Hulk was a killer force of nature, it was never true
Desperate fugitive? True
Tantrum haver? True
Everyone trying to take Hulk down and failing because Hulk is the strongest one there is and just wants to be left alone? True and true

But a killer Hulk, a Hulk who takes lives by accident in the destruction he causes, that's not the character and only edgy stuff like Ultimates or Banner or Avengers shit have that. The tragedy of Bruce Banner is not that he's a killer, it's that he's a slave to his emotions and every time he tries to do good it blows up in his face, but he keeps trying to rid himself of his curse and to still help people
>>
>killer Hulk
That was literally never a thing until the Ultimates. Hulk's whole tragedy/schitck was that he was a misunderstood monster who didn't deserve to be called such, when his simpler humanity could make him better than those around him. Or something. Anyways he doesn't fucking kill.
>>
>>79699498
He does kill monsters or ayylmaos
But nobody dies on accident unless somebody removes Banner. This includes soldiers
>>
>>79697579
Haha Holy shit you're right
>>
>>79698722
>Its the principle of the matter.
What principle?
>>
>>79699829
Changing genders or races for publicity and free praise.
>>
>>79699929
Did pic related offend you when they created a black dude to replace Superman?
>>
File: tumblr_m72tj1jj4t1r8v83t.jpg (89 KB, 425x624) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m72tj1jj4t1r8v83t.jpg
89 KB, 425x624
>>79699929
or this? Changing Iron Man into a negro just for publicity?
>>
>>79699273
I see where we differ.
I don't attribute moral responsibility to the harm Hulk does by accident, he's a tragic figure who many times has reverted back to Banner when made aware of having harmed someone he cared for. Hulk is a dangerous threat by his very nature, his nearly unlimited power combined with the diminished capacity to understand the ramafications of his actions, such as throwing a semi truck at a villian, don't allow him control of any violent situation he's placed in. What if the villian dodges that truck? Who could it hit then? What if that truck hits and topples a building? Did the hulk know that would happen? Or if the building had people in it?
On a practical level killing innocent bystanders would be unavoidable if a reckless green behemoth was attacked in a populated area.
That's why Hulk only ever wanted to be left alone, he knew nothing good ever came from any interactions. That others continually forced those massively destructive conflicts was not the Hulk's fault.
He's no hero, and he shouldn't be thought of as one, but that doesn't mean that he's evil.
>>
>>79700010
All publicity stunts disgust me.
>>
>>79700364
So you hate advertising?
>>
>>79700490
Who doesn't? You know besides advertising companies who get like 60% of the damn budget of any project.
>>
>>79700010
Two brutal mass murderers, one illegally cloned ( without consent ) youth-hype-fad douche, and you focus on the hidden face that isn't the skincolor you like as the only thing that really offends you.
...No comment. I'm just recapping.
>>
File: Hulk144_16a.jpg (73 KB, 263x393) Image search: [Google]
Hulk144_16a.jpg
73 KB, 263x393
>>79700272
I understand your pondering
But it's not the case and has never been the case. You seem like you know your stuff, so you know that the Hulk does not go on rampages actively destroying things just because. In all those times, nobody has been killed on accident. It's simply the way things are and should be without comics wanting to be edgy and actually want to make Hulk a monster instead of misunderstood. There would be very little empathy us readers would have for the character if he was depicted as an accidental killer who took countless lives during his many fights.....but he has not, even if you want to speculate that. Also remember that, while Hulk is not a superhero or actively a hero usually, he does not mean bad on anyone who doesn't have him coming. It is, completely and totally in character, in these hypotheticals where he throws a truck and somehow hits a building, that he would stop everything and save ANYONE who is in the building. He has heightened senses and isn't stupid. Might as well say it's not practical for innocent bystanders to be killed in any sort of superhero fight, which you may believe, but you said we differ and I agree. There shouldn't be any senseless killing

On an aside, I don't like the Hulk being on any teams unless it's the Defenders which is long since deceased as everyone is now an Avenger
>>
>>79700364
>>79700490
>>79700651
While superficiality is a scourge upon any culture, isn't comics the wrong battleground for that fight?
>>
>>79700904
No.
>>
>>79700823
Funny you should say that, because I've always thought that if anything, Hulk can work as part of a team. My belief that a chaotic Hulk battlefield can never be controlled or contained wouldn't be an issue if there was a whole Avengers team there to heroically shield the innocents from any fallout.
That's why I just loved him being on that Avenger's World team, that made sense. And the Hulk persona got to be a proactive hero.
Defenders... I never read. I know I should have, I love Frank Cho's art.
>>
File: Defenders002-09.jpg (134 KB, 386x711) Image search: [Google]
Defenders002-09.jpg
134 KB, 386x711
>>79701403
Hulk works perfectly as a part of a team but he's too much of an outsider because most of the shitty heroes who spend all their time in jew york think he's a danger

He does not cause as much damage as you think
The Defenders was a team of outsider heroes led by Strange that treated Hulk like a human being with a bad temper instead of a time bomb and he cooperated with them until they disbanded. The doc would let him crash on his couch and they made him calm down after Jarella died and he was going on an actual rampage

The 70s were a much much better time
>>
>>79701613
>jew york
I would have hoped that was a typoe but we both know better. It's not just the Jewish who get offended by their home being made into a bigoted and denigrating joke for no reason.
Finish your conversation with someone else.
>>
File: Hulk_v2_038_07b.jpg (101 KB, 309x653) Image search: [Google]
Hulk_v2_038_07b.jpg
101 KB, 309x653
>>79702090
ok /co/mblr
>>
>>79702230
>tripfag maymaying with shit opinions and shit image

Can you try not to be a stereotype?
>>
>>79700755
Thanks, now paste it in you're tumblr so I can re-blog you
>>
>>79696638
u muslim, arent u
>>
>>79700823
>In all those times, nobody has been killed on accident.
Stupidest retcon ever. Now Hulk rampages pose very little threat.
>It's simply the way things are and should be without comics wanting to be edgy and actually want to make Hulk a monster instead of misunderstood.
That's not what edgy means.
>There would be very little empathy us readers would have for the character if he was depicted as an accidental killer who took countless lives during his many fights..
You suck at empathy.
>>
>>79702090
You got triggered hard, you faggot.
>>
>>79697931
Totally Awesome Hulk with Cho for comedy and boobies.

Incredible Hulk and the Warbound for space adventures and brutality.

I can dig it.
>>
>>79696222
Miles isn't going anywhere. Especially now that he is in the main continuity. They will drop Peter Parker before they drop Miles.
>>
>>79707639
They're never going to drop Peter, Miles adds nothing new besides being "new".
>>
>>79697304
how is dr.strange outselling everything
>>
>>79696594
Are you retarded? Anecdotal evidence from your LCS means that all LCS are the same? Ever think maybe they had so many copies because it was highly shipped? God damn /co is dumb
>>
>>79697579
This is probably true and also not that bad..could be way worse
>>
>>79708838
The way Marvel incentivies retailers to over order is a lot more damaging to the industry than their half hearted attempts at increasing diversity.
>>
>>79709349
Comic sales are up please stop crying.
>>
>>79696638
Is Mar-vell still dead?
>>
>>79709906
Can't cure cancer anon.

He did come back at one point and have it off with Carol though
>>
>>79698436
I forget, did they explain why cancer isn't removed? Is it not seen as a poison, or is it like Deadpool, where cancer ridden is seen as the 'normal' state, so any healing just reverts her back to where she was before?
>>
BRING BACK DICK RIDER
>>
>>79698722
>Its the principle of the matter.
Well the principle I'm working under is that the character with good stories is better than the one without them.

Sorry Carol fans.
>>
>>79709970
It's not seen as a poison as it shouldn't. Cancer is basically just your cells growing out of control, but the cancer itself is still biologically you for the most part. Chemo on the other hand is straight up poisoning yourself to kill the cancer cells.
>>
File: hulk-377.jpg (257 KB, 602x857) Image search: [Google]
hulk-377.jpg
257 KB, 602x857
>>79698124
I miss Peter David's Pantheon era Smart Hulk. Basically Banner's intelligence, Joe Fixit's attitude and the green Hulk's strength with the occasional rage out and reversion to "Hulk Smash" mode. And most of the Marvel universe had no clue what was going on with him.

>"Inevitably gentlemen, Hulk will smash."
>>
>>79709517
are you an idiot? that was probably the least intelligent thing you could have said in response to his post.
>>
File: 1380893209483.png (325 KB, 581x480) Image search: [Google]
1380893209483.png
325 KB, 581x480
>>79707639
>They will drop Peter Parker before they drop Miles.
>>
>>79710010
I get that, I was just wondering how the healing worked. While chemo is literally poison, and so is removed, it seems a little dumb that the magical transformation can't tell that there's something wrong in terms of the cancer cells.

Presumably Jane gets healed up from her fist fights etc, so shouldn't any healing factor that comes with being Thor likewise be able to tell the difference between a 'healthy' body and a body that's simply free of any poisons?

Like, if Jane falls and breaks her arm, and then transforms, would the transformation fix her arm, or would it be left broken because, biologically, all her bits are there and still 'her'?
>>
>>79707639
They still haven't revealed who the original Miles of 616 was have they?
>>
File: 4391627-ben_reilly.png (455 KB, 466x616) Image search: [Google]
4391627-ben_reilly.png
455 KB, 466x616
>>79710069
It's not like they've not done something similar in the past.
>>
>let's make hulk annoying af!
>let's make thor a woman, that makes sense!
>let's make spider-man black!
>let's make captain america black!
>let's make ms.marvel a muslim!
>let's keep iron man exactly the same as far as i can tell!
everybody hates this shit yet it seems to sell really well. is it really just hipsters and whales buying this up or am i just a proper cynical lad?
>>
>>79709906
Mar-vell will stay dead because the only reason anyone remembers him is The Death of Captain Marvel.
>>
>>79710197
Sorry to burst your bubble, anon, but Tony ain't safe either.
http://www.newsarama.com/27863-mary-jane-picking-up-the-iron-man-armor-in-may.html
>>
>>79710197
>Let's make Hulk grey! And smart!
>Let's make Thor a random guy, called Thunderstrike!
>Let's make Spider-Man a clone!
>Let's make Captain America a paranoid psycopath fan of Steve Rogers who suspects innocents of being communist spies!
>Let's make Captain Marvel a woman!
>Let's make Iron Man a homeless alcoholic deviant!
You're a little cynical anon. You can't place this all at the feet of the boogeyman.
>>
>>79710169
Yeah, I always pictured Miles would one day go down the same road Ben did. What's going to be interesting is what things would look like if Bendis became Editor in Chief like some think he will be and then was able to go about his crazy scheme to replace Peter. I don't know if it'll stick if that happens though.
>>
>>79697860
>>79697423
also shes captain marvel in the movieverse
>>
>>79699929
carol became captain marvel in fucking 2012, they hadnt even conceived of kamala yet
>>
>>79696222
Friendly reminder that it's not wanting diversity of characters that makes someone an SJW, it's the racist and sexist double standards, the demands for censorship, the bullying, the insistence that race and sex issues are more important than everything else, and the demands that everyone who disagree with them be silenced that makes someone/something an SJW.
>>
>>79697423
Wasn't Carol always a Captain?

And I could stand Steve Rodgers being called Mr. America.
>>
>>79712159
What? I have no idea what you're saying about Steve Rogers but Carol's rank way back when she was in the military was above a captain.
>>
>>79710087
good question
too bad Marvel editorial isn't asking it
>>
>>79712211
Then she should be Major Marvel.
>>
>>79712450
But the reason she calls herself "Captain Marvel" is because of Mar-Vell who was a captain and went by Captain Marvel. It's sort of like how Steve isn't technically an actual captain, he's just called that because it sounds cool.
>>
>>79698493
PHG bro you need to leave, the amount of time you spend on the Internet and in lcs talking about comics is blatantly obvious by your annoying, childish, and gay remarks. Please go back to the robot board you elitist piece of shit
>>
>>79697732
She was. Thor offered her magic to cure the cancer. She tuned it down because she didn't want the consequences of using magic. Then she became Thor.
>>
>>79701293
You should go to bed son, your a little rustled. Lights out in 5 or I'm telling your mother
>>
>>79712511
But...Steve actually was a Captain. For quite some time.
>>
>>79709906
Mar-Vell will always be dead because that's all he is good for. Though he has come back like three times in the past forty years to set off some Kree-related event, in which he always dies again during.
>>
>>79713037
>She tuned it down because she didn't want the consequences of using magic
No, she didn't want a magic cure because she didn't think it'd be fair to the other cancer having people on earth if she got her fix it. Then went on to do Thor things despite her acknowledging it exacerbating her condition and killing her off quicker.

Which is pretty insulting in and of itself.
>>
>>79713374
Was he? He wasn't in his army days.
>>
>>79713425
>she didn't want a magic cure because she didn't think it'd be fair to the other cancer having people on earth if she got her fix it
That's also the excuse as to why Barbara Gordon refused any and all offers from DC's superheroes to fix her paralyzed legs (pre-New52).
>>
>>79713430
Pretty sure they afforded him that rank when he actually had the suit on. He was a covert operative.
>>
>>79713561
The difference is Babs wasn't suffering from a fatal disease that has the potential to kill her at any time, and on top of that is using magic of another sort that will kill her off even quicker.
>>
File: 1329605551526.gif (134 KB, 150x256) Image search: [Google]
1329605551526.gif
134 KB, 150x256
>>79702090
what the actual fuck
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.