[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong /co/? You used to love me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 27
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 512x287) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 512x287
What went wrong /co/?
You used to love me
>>
>>79645048
You were too afraid to break out of the Status Quo.
>>
It just isn't as good as it used to be.

Also the cuckening
>>
AT is like dating someone for years, but your never progress past kissing and some petting. There is never any real, satisfying progress; a few things may change, but at the end of the day the status quo will never truly shift.
>>
It's not funny anymore. The characters aren't likable anymore.

When it's not boring, it's creepy or outright mean.
>>
>>79645177
But mean and creepy are fun.
I have no idea what you mean by mean. What are some episodes as examples?
>>
>>79645048
Sugar was the only one who could do feels convincingly. But then she left to do FEELS: THE CARTOON, and the remaining team filled the missing void with 1) awkward teen spaghetti that was less endearing than irritating, and 2) artsy transcendental baloney. Which is fine sometimes, but then it runs right up against all the poopy farty noises and it's just jarring.

Also, Pen gave his boarders too many liberties, and the inmates wrecked the asylum.

>>79645218
Not that guy, but the "original" Jake being trapped forever to keep Prismo alive was a little fucked for me. Mind you, I haven't really watched since then.
>>
>>79645048
they are trying to be a thing. trying to be this deep hipster feel fest but still throw in a "joke"every once and a while.
>>
I fucking love it , please make more.
>>
>>79645048
the fun was no more and every episode was trying to be 2deep4u very hard , failing in the process.
>>
>>79645048
I do still love you you flaky bitch, way more than you deserve.
Air the next episode already you cheap whore.
>>
>>79645854

>the fun was no more and every episode was trying to be 2deep4u very hard , failing in the process.

you need eyes to see , m8

I may be biased because I usually watch it stoned , but it becomes an engine of allegory

I can appreciate the works and can definitely say it isn't trying

It's doing
>>
>>79645048
Still kinda do, current season is an improvement compared to 5th and 6th.
>>
>>79645288
And the original you had been dead for billions of years but don't let it get you down, you'll be there again soon enough chum.
>>
>>79646437

The show was originally "fun and adventure with off-key humor and a healthy dose of creepy". The recent seasons were "Sartre with candy people, characters acting weird just to be weird." I really think the lack of comedy did a disservice to the characters. Without the silliness, there is less personality.
>>
You fell for the strong wymen, beta men pitfall.
>>
I'm not even a fan of the show, but I felt unclean when I found out who Betty's VA was.
>>
Is it Sunday already?
>>
dying a hero, living a villain and so on and so forth
>>
The genderqueer lamp was the last straw for me.
>>
>>79645080
>>79645127
Old answer, but I think it's pretty much the case. There was a lot of interesting build-up to things that kind of petered out over time.

Not terrible or anything, but it's kind of split between being appeasing those who want it to be serious and psychological or just lighthearted fun. Maybe they'll find what direction they're comfortable in this new season.
>>
Finn's decline into whatever he was during season 6 while Marceline and Princess Bubblegum got "better and better" despite doing shady shit in the past.
>>
>>79645048
You started trying to please part of your fanbase too hard instead of having fun doing your stuff like you used to do. Then when the consecuences of your actions got out of your hands and didn't know how to manage it anymore you pretended it never happened.
>>
>>79647730
Why did you make me look this up? Son of a bitch.
>>
>>79647940
I would have went with a mix of adventure of the week episodes and relegated more story oriented episodes.
>>
>>79647843
You dropped the show under a false premise.
>>
>>79648254
He was going to drop the show anyways, lamp or no lamp.
>>
>>79645048
Well, you disappeared for awhile and now Cartoon Network runs Titans Go seven hours a day whereas you're lucky to get a half hour every four.
So I mostly stopped watching your channel.
Sucks for you.
>>
>>79645048
Like everything /co/ loves and later abandons, you just got too old.
>>
The hype just died. Nothing can live forever.

God, I miss 2011 AT threads so much.
>>
>>79645048
But Anonymous... Everyone hates you.
>>
>>79645048
I still love you and the only time you went wrong was during two or three episodes during season 5. All th rest you have been awesome.
>>
File: maggie-dark.png (140 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
maggie-dark.png
140 KB, 800x800
>>79648758
>God, I miss 2011 AT threads so much.
You'll always have me.
>>
On Season 6 now, why is Jake so absent from so many episodes?
>>
>>79651086
They didn't know how to write the main characters
>>
>>79651119
It's a shame because Jake is great, just about all of the show's best bits and jokes come from him.
>>
>>79650008

FUCK OFF SPOON!
>>
>>79648758
>>79650008
can we have an AT thread that everyone pretend it's 2011-2012
>>
>>79651086
He's hard to write.
>>
>>79651129
>just about all of the show's best bits and jokes come from him
>show has trouble with jokes now
ergo. they make more episodes about super serial characters.
>>
>>79652028
That meant Marceline was really a bitch to capture.
>>
File: 1447625301879.png (4 KB, 298x302) Image search: [Google]
1447625301879.png
4 KB, 298x302
Everything that will ever happen in the show will never have any permenant consequences.
It'll return to Jake and Finn going on some wacky adventure involving princesses while trying to add some deep plot that will go away after ten episodes almost like it never happened at all.
>>
>>79646437
You give stoners an even worse name then they already have
>>
>>79652467
Yeah they could only do a miniseries about her after she'd been thoroughly boring-ized, compared to the original. All the season 1-2 characters were so vibrant, must have been a hard drain on their writer juice.
>>
>>79645048
I dropped it once when flame princess broke up with him (those dreams were retarded...) and then I super dropped it when betty cameback and finn stood in the background and smiled instead of freaking out about seeing another human being
>>
>>79652706
seems like Finn's interest in other human beings (in a general sense) is another thing that lived and died with Sugar.
>>
>>79652847
I mean he was pretty crazy about getting to know Martin, but once Martin burned his ass harder than Bubblegum dropped their relationship Finn wanted nothing to do with him.

He could've showed more emotion to Betty coming to their world, but I guess Marceline was their first priority.

Fuck man she could've been the one to give Finn relationship advice, but they flushed that down the toilet and made Magic Man Normie Man.
>>
>>79652922
Finn just doesn't give a shit about anything anymore, if Jake were to die in front of him, he'd say something like "oh okay"
>>
>>79652974
>hasn't seen The Comet
Kid has a lot of emotions pent up inside him. The problem is that he isn't as enthusiastic as his kid days because of the arcs that did shit in his favor.

I will concede that the writers are slowly making him more vibrant this season. That's is a plus and a step up from last season.
>>
>>79652922
>she could've been the one to give Finn relationship advice
the ultimate taboo right there. can't have those two talking. even though she's half human and probably understands his problems pretty well. Bubblegum is ayylmao in comparison, maybe that's why he prefers her. exotic.
>>
You changed, man. The artistic direction behind you shifted, and you failed to hit the mark, leaving all past admirers spiteful- their hatred only intensified by the fun, old you that still lingered in their memory. Let's hope that your renewed efforts in the future will allow for you to walk a fine balance between the old and new, satisfying past viewers whilst still keeping things innovative and fresh; without going so far as to alienate your main demographic, in the manner of the mistake you made so many seasons ago
>>
>>79653035
oh sorry, you meant Betty. that might have been a little weird but damn she's a scientist and shit, she could've told him so much cool stuff about the planet, history, etc. really really don't get the point of Betty at all.
>>
>>79646437
>DUDE WEED LMAO
>ADVENTURE TIME IS SO TRIPPY MAN
>THE ANIMATORS MUST BE SOOO HIGH
>YOU GOTTA WATCH IT STONED TO TRULY GET IT
>>
>>79653086
Either one would be fine. It's like putting a box on Finn's head and having him walk down 12 flights of stairs.
>>
>>79653420
yeah the forced ignorance/naivete with Finn rustles me fierce. why do writers who were clueless pathetic teens themselves so little sympathy? even Ice King could help with Finn's emotional/practical problems but they'd rather he stay in stasis and pretend he's wise and shit when he hasn't grown at all.
>>
>>79646437
What is Adventure Time doing, or better yet what else are you doing besides smoking marijuana. Do you even have the ambition to wash your hair or trim your nails? I believe Adventure Time has done nothing and you being a autistic man child emulate any media you consume as a result you have followed suit and done nothing not today not yesterday not tomorrow. So please go enjoy your addiction outside don't want to stink up your ta paying parents home.Have a wonderful afternoon!
>>
I saw Time Sandwich again recently, and god help me, I cracked up.
>>
>>79645048
Comet thing should have never happened. PB being a normalfag is boring she should have been kidnapping people and experimenting on them for entertainment.
>>
File: tumblr_mepadn66tX1rud8z1o1_500.gif (274 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mepadn66tX1rud8z1o1_500.gif
274 KB, 500x250
>>79647070
THIS is why I stopped watching. It stopped being funny/entertaining.

I mean I can let status quo slide if it's at least FUNNY, but it just became boring. Hell, the characters THEMSELVES seem bored now these days. I think it was in Red Starved where I noticed, how Finn was exploring this cool underground city and was just like "Heh, okay, whatevs".

Though this new season seems better, I enjoyed the episodes I've caught, including the Stakes miniseries. The BMO cowboy episode was fucking great.

One thing I miss from season 1 was the designs for the show. I dunno, I feel like the look got even MORE simplified after season 1.
>>
Personally I never could get into AT. I'm not sure why. I think it was maybe just too episodic and non-sequential for my tastes.
Steven Universe, on the other hand, I absolutely love every episode. I only got into it relatively recently and binge watched it, loving every second. I only mention it because it surprised me how much one clicked with me when the other didn't, considering how similar they seem at first.
>>
>>79654257
Only manchildren actually enjoyed the first three seasons of AT, AT became good the moment it started getting real interesting plots.
>>
>>79654257
it's just not the same without ghostshrimp.
>>
>>79654494
>>79654538
b8 bonanza
>>
>>79654538

Wow, I can tell you're a really sophisticated guy, watching cartoons for children.
>>
>>79645048
The fun and charm is gone. I don't remember exactly when it happened, but it's correlated directly with how much lore the writers try to show. I don't think that's the cause, though, as much as it is a symptom. Bringing the lore to the forefront doesn't sound like a horrible thing on its own. It's just that the lore is a series of anticlimaxes that takes itself too seriously for that kind of thing to be funny. It also can't be taken seriously by the viewer because hardly anything sticks. A few cool things survive the status quo but ever since Mortal Folly there's been a pattern of backtracking from major developments before they even have a chance to be fleshed out. I still don't know what Martin's purpose was. He was just kind of a dick and then fucked off. Finn probably learned something or whatever but the show made him seem so important but he really wasn't. And don't get me started on the Lich.

I still catch every episode as they come out because I'm far too invested not to see this through to the end, but if the show had been at this point back when I first watched it, I would never have been as excited for it.
>>
>>79652028
Nigga what, Jake is the easiest character to make gags for.
He was just gone for a while because they were focusing on other characters and Jake's humor wouldn't really have been appropriate for some of the episodes they were doing.
>>
File: tumblr_nd019x4EUp1tjvt6so1_500.jpg (35 KB, 432x395) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nd019x4EUp1tjvt6so1_500.jpg
35 KB, 432x395
>>79645048
>>
File: 1423016869163.gif (428 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1423016869163.gif
428 KB, 500x281
>>79655487
3 years later
>>
File: finn gets rekt.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
finn gets rekt.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>>79655516
and 1 year after that
>>
>>79645048
Finn and Jake's genuinely loving, fun, and endearing relationship was the heart of the show. The entire thing was based off of those two goofs stumbling into crazy shit and kicking ass, and it really worked well.
It really helped to unify the show even when so many wacky things were always happening, we always had those two at the center of it.

Later the show wanted to expand, which yeah is fine after a few seasons you gotta expand or die, but Finn and Jake increasingly stopped being the center of the show, and it just doesn't work as well without them like that. Plus they both got kind of more boring as time went on which sure as shit didn't help.

I miss Finn and Jake from seasons 1-3 so much, those were some rad guys.
>>
File: FinnHorror.gif (1 MB, 318x178) Image search: [Google]
FinnHorror.gif
1 MB, 318x178
>>79655487
>>79655516
>>79655543
>It's been over four years since AT was good
>>
>>79655603
as it goes
>>
>>79655598
Jake was a real shit early on. Just a lazy asshole that ended up landing Finn in shit or refusing to help till things turned desperately bad.
>>
>>79655654
Nah man, Jake was a bit of an ass but he cared about his little bro and being a hero/good person (sometimes). He was just a more cuddly, less dickish K'nuckles.

He would always help Finn out and offer advice, even if it was bad half the time.
Remember Evicted man? That was like an entire episode of Jake trying to cheer up Finn while subtly keeping him from getting murdered by a vampire.

Jake's always been a little bit of a cunt but that's his charm.
>>
I don't think I've ever seen a show pull something as weird as what this did with Flame Princess.

>Introduced, made to be a big deal
>Disappears for like 6 months and is suddenly dating Finn
>Appears all of like two other times for the next year and a half or so
>She and Finn break up over Finn being a horny asshole, even though it seemed like they were gonna have conflict over how Finn wants her to be good but she can't really measure up to those standards
>Becomes King and after Finn embarrasses himself a second time they still haven't interacted after that

The entire way they did Flame Princess is odd as hell. I'd figure other shows would at least milk the stuff for a bit more drama but with AT they're just like "Yeah we'e done with that, those two are never even gonna glance at each other again."

Also, remember that time they had that comic come out where Finn and FP were crazy in love and stuff just a month before they broke up because Finn jerked off to her almost being murdered by the Ice King? Amazing timing show, top form.
>>
>>79655543
I haven't watched this in years but what the fuck did they do to Finn holy shit
>>
>>79645218
That time Finn had that dream that flame princess was beating someone or something then proceeded to trick FP into beating the shit out of Ice king multiple times just so he could get off on it.
>>
File: 1451701971950.gif (427 KB, 200x198) Image search: [Google]
1451701971950.gif
427 KB, 200x198
>>79655871
>>79655992
>All the Little People airs
>Finn's a dick with the Little People, but at the end he learns that controlling and manipulating others against their will is horrible
>Does the same fucking thing in Frost & Fire and gets dumped over it
>mfw wasted development
>>
>>79655992
>>Cinnamon bun cucked Finn
I still can't get over this. Now Finn has no one. NO ONE.
>>
>>79656082
no man you don't get it, like, it was showing how terrible finn truly was. like, he was so horny for seeing that bitch get beat that he totally ignored the fact that this is a shitty thing to do and he learned it before, ya know?

or maybe the writers forgot and just wanted finn/fp to go down in flames so said fuck it. ya know how it be.
>>
They decided to add an overarching plot and most of it was entirely new content and the rest was random bits and pieces of previous episodes.

FP and the way they handled her, PB's backstory, Betty, the Lich, and most things involving the Mushroom War all felt really hamfisted.
>>
>>79654112
Thought that was a fun episode.

One of the issues I've had with the series is that they seem to have a hard time bringing in side characters without making them the major focus, so characters like Marceline or Flame Princess would get an episode or two and disappear for the rest of the season. Time Sandwich was a simple but clever side-story that managed to bring in several characters for a humorous little dynamic. Wish characters had more chances to interact as a group like that.
>>
>>79645048
You stopped being about the adventure.
>>
File: jinn-sin-finn rapunzrl finn.png (208 KB, 1280x1810) Image search: [Google]
jinn-sin-finn rapunzrl finn.png
208 KB, 1280x1810
>>
>>79645048
You gave up the dream for glory and it killed you.
>>
>>79655543
Finn should just get on with Marceline
>>
File: people make mistakes.gif (2 MB, 540x302) Image search: [Google]
people make mistakes.gif
2 MB, 540x302
>>79657952
Nah. Once he got PB and Marcy on the same page again it was over for him with either of them.

Give life an inch and it takes a mile. Poor bastard.
>>
>>79655543
Pay close attention and notice Marceline doesnt move his arm at all meaning she likes it, Marcy isnt into Finn yet because his nuts havent dropped yep, they say he is 16 but he shows no signs of puberty all because AT creator is a lazy asshole. Marcy is gonna be slurping on Adult Finn's cock big time.
>>
>>79658720
Sorry mate she clearly takes her hand off him after that gif ends. Although not like a dick like Prubs does
>>
>>79659653
Im not a shipping fag Im talking reality, once Finn gets hot in adulthood Marcy will all over his cock.

Bubs is an autist that should die alone.
>>
>>79659927
It's ogre Finncelinebro. I'm a Fubblefag and the yuri spike in the fanbase will be the death of both of us
>>
File: fangcovenly- Dark Purple.jpg (59 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
fangcovenly- Dark Purple.jpg
59 KB, 540x540
>>
File: tumblr_nmb5xr2YQG1s4wjg6o1_500.png (203 KB, 468x674) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmb5xr2YQG1s4wjg6o1_500.png
203 KB, 468x674
>>
>>79645048
I always hated adventure time the dialogue always sounded like they trying way too hard to be hip
>>
File: marceline.png (75 KB, 1629x396) Image search: [Google]
marceline.png
75 KB, 1629x396
>>79645048

Well, I can think of one thing that went REALLY wrong.
>>
File: oh dang.png (83 KB, 442x221) Image search: [Google]
oh dang.png
83 KB, 442x221
>>79663192
>>
>>79655434
one thing I noticed is they increasingly want to make his stretching powers into a joke instead of just a useful thing he's always using, so if they can't think of a new and hilarious use for his powers, he'll stand around doing nothing.
>>
>>79655487
>literally the only time Finn stands up for himself and does his own thing like a badass
based Sugar, you were too good for this world.
>>
>>79645048
Wonder how many kids who grew up with Adventure time will grow a cuck fetish.
>>
>>79645048
It's not me, it you
>>
File: why tho.png (169 KB, 556x352) Image search: [Google]
why tho.png
169 KB, 556x352
>>79655543
who thought this was funny? I need to know.
>>
>>79663644
I mean, that always has been both since the start. It was a great tool but also just something Jake used to be lazy and for shits and giggles.

Jake still pulls out interesting and actually useful stuff, like when he saved everyone with his house design and stuff.

Yeah he does just stand around more often but that happens with Finn too. It's just the writers being lazy when the episode isn't focused on them/they don't want them to save the day.
>>
>>79655871
It's a legendary case of writers conflict. Most didn't care about FP and some seem to oppose the idea of Finn dating at all, so she had no chance in the longterm.

> remember that time they had that comic come out where Finn and FP were crazy in love and stuff just a month before they broke up because Finn jerked off to her almost being murdered by the Ice King?
I still can't believe that, since they were so anxious to get her out of the show, they put in all much effort to make their breakup as nasty and disgusting as possible. Why not just have Finn say it wasn't working? That would've been refreshing.
>>
>>79664284
Because his punishment must be more severe anon.
Crippling the protagonists's happiness and confidence while making the audience hate him all in one fell swoop couldn't possibly be a bad idea.
>>
>>79663949
Steve "I didn't like Finn until recently when it's too fucking late to undo the damage" Wolfhard
>>
>>79655871
She was introduced to give Finn a love interest who could go on adventures with him, but Sugar was the main drive for that, and she left to make her own show.
>>
>>79664609
But every Finn/FP episode Sugar wrote was about them drowning in each other's tears because of their relationship problems.

She must have been planning to stick around on the show for years and years if that was the plan since they would have needed to sort their shit out before they could actually do stuff like that. Then I guess she was like oh SU got picked up nice, I'm out ya'll.
>>
>>79664609
Do you think any of the other people on AT hate her for what she tried to do? Do you think they hate how SU is the new hotness?
>>
>>79664661
All I'm wondering is what was Sugar's reaction to her characters being shittily handled by the AT crew

I'm sure she wouldn't say it out of being professional, but she must harbor a bit of disappointment, right?
>>
>>79664735
It's like nurturing two babies, but when she left one alone to care for the other it got abused when she had her back tuned.
>>
>>79664661
Looks like she thought a dramatic introduction for the new gf was necessary because Finn was insane with love for PB and needed to be broken of that before he'd spend the majority of his time with another babe. So I don't blame her for the tears, I thought it made sense.

But yeah I guess she had a very longterm plan to go along with the first three eps that we never got to see. Something about him trying to change her evil nature.
>>
>>79645048

DRAMA

ARCS

KEKING

NOT ENOUGH ADVENTURING
>>
>>79665058

>keking

This fucking mods...

c0cking
>>
>>79645048
I don't really know

As much as I hate it, I think when a show starts to lose its original writers and producer, it's time you write its finale.

>>79648758
Can't even count how many "No really the show is great and this is why" posts I've written for a "AT is shit" post

I'll say it again from a SU comparison thread, AT is probably the greatest platform for storytelling, which is why it was so great, the writers could go anywhere and they did. When a show can have legitimate experimental episodes from guest staff, and still have it fit into the show, you know you can get away with anything.

But that freedom seems to have stiffened where the show was going.
>>
>>79665058
Arc were a good way to keep the show alive, in theory. The 52 episodes of season 5 were mostly episodic "adventures", still mostly crap.
>>
>>79645048
Please post threads like this somewhere else, or tell them in real life. This board is for comics and cartoons, not love and romance issues.
>>
>>79645048
I watched it for it's simplicity and fun attitude. I thought it was funny, and I liked how it had an established world, but simplistic settings. Then it got very, very complicated, and just decided to placate hipsters. The show that originally didn't seem to care suddenly had to appeal to a very certain demographic--the exact thing I liked this show for NOT doing. So when it did, I said "Fuck it. If even this fun show is going o pander to some cry-babies, might as well read comics again."

Then the New 52 happened, and I hate both cartoons and comics, yet I post here anyways. Usually to remind myself that there are people who agree with me, and that they can help show me the light in a lot of the garbage we watch today.
>>
File: l89k76j5h.jpg (10 KB, 284x178) Image search: [Google]
l89k76j5h.jpg
10 KB, 284x178
>>79645048
Leaks
>>
nobody making the show cares

In any way, people making the show to be a funny non serious show don't care

The people to make it a drama for teens don't care or left.

CN keeps it alive because it makes them merchandise money.
>>
>>79665269
Love and romance issues in the cartoon
>>
>>79645048

Finn being a beta.
>>
>>79648470
This
>>
File: 1453069676410.gif (3 MB, 264x240) Image search: [Google]
1453069676410.gif
3 MB, 264x240
>MFW Ice King will get his bitch back before Finn does
>>
>>79670506
Damn
>>
File: finn rage.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
finn rage.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>>79670506
>>79670623
>Betty gets to reverse Simon's old age and makes him young again
>Fucking Bubblegum and Finn couldn't happen because of their ages
>Couldn't stay 13 and have adventures with him cause they didn't know how to write her into the plot
Fucking HYPOCRITES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>79665091

Maybe you should try learning real words.
>>
>>79670887
>>79659927
>>
>>79671226
Bro her and Bubblegum a're gonna fucking scissor while A) Finn gets a new girl straight outta nowhere cause they ran out of time developing side characters over the main protagonist or B) he's crawling back to Phoebe.

No matter what they do with him he loses.
>>
>>79671374
A) isn't too terrible to me, as long as he's shown to be happy. I know they're too chickenshit to develop his relationship with his woman on screen. so whatever. The worst would be if they deny their own implying implications and put him with Bubs right at the end, probably in a vision of the future to make it less ridiculous. That's just like these writers. Tease lesbians to get ratings but call us immature for assuming they were any more than friends.

I hope to god B) is not a thing, that would be exhausting. It would make the time wasted on her more worthwhile I guess but eh, don't throw good money after bad. Seems unlikely because they have always hated FP, but it's not like the show is logical.

Fuck relationships anyway. It is 2000 fucking 16, and for the show add a millennium more. The ideal is to let him get laid when he wants like a good adventurer. And forced molestation doesn't count. Assholes.
>>
File: science.gif (175 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
science.gif
175 KB, 480x270
>>
>>79672371
Although if PB was bisexual or something and loves both Marcy and Finn, that would be progressive and fitting to the show. Our outdated mentality tells us it has to be one or the other but Peebles is not even human so who knows what she feels about anything?
>>
>>79672498
That's forbidden love anon!
>>
>>79664284
>I still can't believe that, since they were so anxious to get her out of the show, they put in all much effort to make their breakup as nasty and disgusting as possible. Why not just have Finn say it wasn't working? That would've been refreshing.

This happened because Jesse Moynihan had just done something similar which destroyed his relationship, and he decided to write it into the show.

One thing that a lot of people miss is that Pen's insert character is the ice king. That episode where the Ice King brings his house to life and all of his new friends being condescending 2deep4u doofuses more interested in having pretentious discussions about philosophy than enjoying his fart jokes was very telling about how Pen feels about what had happened to AT's writing staff
>>
>>79672498
I don't really see that happening in the show (Pajama War doesn't really negate how utterly uninterested PB was for Finn for everything past season 3) but it would be neat for them to go like that. Maybe when he is older and they've bonded closer I guess?

There's a fucking phenomenal fanfic that sort of goes that route, it's pretty amazing.
>>
>>79672754
I haven't seen anything indicating Jesse had to do with Frost and Fire man. Though thinking back on it, Xayaphone and Luke Pearson don't really seem like the kind to be interested in that sort of stuff (maybe the abstract dream aspects but not Finn being horny and destroying his relationships) so maybe Jesse and others were behind it in the backroom dealings and what not that go on.

That Ice King point is interesting but I'm not sure it's on point. From what he says and stuff Pen seems to be really behind all the crazy artistic endeavors his staff is going for, he personally just got burnt out of the show from dedicating so much of himself to it.
I guess he could be lying but we'll never really know.

Plus I'm not sure Pen would have that much control over an individual episode like that.
>>
>>79672754
Xayaphone wrote all the FP episodes. I think you're confusing it with Breezy, which was apparently based on Jesse's experience slutting it up to fill his existential void. It didn't help him, so Finn also gets trauma for a first sexual experience, awesome.

Surely though, the decision to break up Finn and his gf was a big unanimous decision?
>>
These are not my teardrops, daughter dear
But just the sheen of dew that lingers here
Beyond other fields where other fathers lie
Who kept their daughters better far than I

It hits me deep, man. Four lines with a world of story in them.
>>
>>79673290
Was a really out of place line for the episode it was in but I kinda liked it too.
>>
>>79645048
You immediately retconed any changes you made. I lost interest.

It's clear to me now, you only liked the idea of change. Any time real change happened you where just too afraid to keep it and ran back to what you knew. You dissapointed me. But I'll still watch you if you're on.
>>
>>79672758
Name?
>>
>>79675410
Hey, I'm back.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/766920/chapters/1437571

Few warnings:
>Is Bubbline with decent shades of Finn/PB and a touch of Finn/FP and Finn/Marcy
>Is actually a sequel to two smaller stories, so should probably read those first

But this story is really, really freaking good. Fantastic attention to detail, very imaginative choices by the author, writes the characters better than they've likely ever been in the show, some amazingly intense political maneuvers, stuff is so good.

Aside from all those this is like one of the only Bubbline stories I've seen where Finn is an important character, it's really nice having the trio be there and equally as important. I love this story so much.
>>
>>79648213
I'm sorry. I wasn't happy, either.
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 923x790) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 923x790
>>79676620
>Bubbline
Trash it
>>
>>79677549
this

I had such hope
>>
>>79656082
If you think of it as deliberate escalation it's kind of cool. Runaway pervert, no brakes on this train.
>>
>>79645288
>artsy transcendental baloney.
This. I can't watch a single episode without cringing HARD
>>
>>79677549
If you're gonna ignore what is literally the best fic this fanbase has to offer because you're pissy about a ship then be my guest man.
PB and Finn are awkwardly flirting for half the thing anyway.
>>
File: 1450158534568.jpg (194 KB, 1024x1457) Image search: [Google]
1450158534568.jpg
194 KB, 1024x1457
>>79679480
>PB
>flirting with Finn
my suspension of disbelief can only take so much
>>
>>79679695
PB in that fic is less autistic than canon PB.
She's also half trying to get someone to fuck her so she can have get pregnant and have a heir to run the kingdom and Finn's a pretty nice candidate for that.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 342x363) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 342x363
>>79679480
>>79679766
>best fic in the fandom
Doubt it. Also Garbage.

>79679695
And fuck you too.
>>
>>79679480
Stop shilling your shipfic..
>>
>>79680020
>>79680047
I don't even like Bubbline but I love well written stories, and if you can't get past that then you have my sympathies. You're missing out.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 512x288
"This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow, to high five you yesterday my friend. Peace"
>>
>>79680061
That's great faggot. Now get out.
>>
>>79680148
Nah.
>>
Just ignore the Bubblinefag.

>>79680131
That's got to be one of the most memorable monologue's from the shoe besides the Lich's "FALL." speech. I also love how it came out of fucking nowhere.
>>
>>79645048
They put romance over adventuring because fandoms are cancer
>>
>>79645048
at this point, with CN having decided that the best way to get people to watch their shows is to not have them on tv except in week-long blocks ever three months, i'm surprised anyone is really watching any shows at all.
>>
>>79659927
>>79658720
Finn is almost 18 at this point
>>
>>79680487
yeah but he hasn't had the mythical magical growth spurt yet. their canon version of adult Finn is a big bearded pile of muscle. At this point, he'll have to suddenly pop into it overnight...but on that night, Marceline will materialize in his bed.
>>
>>79658720
>they say he is 16 but he shows no signs of puberty
he has a mustache but BMO tweezes it for him :^)
>>
File: 1360971852185.png (553 KB, 3307x2835) Image search: [Google]
1360971852185.png
553 KB, 3307x2835
The fandom took over. This extends to the writers changing who were part of the fandom and decided to infect it with their cancerous desires.
>>
When will Finn be awesome again?
>>
>>79680656
here and there, but never consistently again. for one thing the voice actor seriously cannot muster any enthusiasm anymore, which makes Finn seem to lack confidence no matter what he does. Technically Finn does all the same shit he used to do... dicking around Ooo but also being lazy a lot, saving some people here and there in service of Bubblegum. He can even save the world if it's the season finale. But his attitude is everything and he's probably gonna be dull and listless forever now.
>>
>>79652537
>It'll return to Jake and Finn going on some wacky adventure involving princesses
When was the last time that happened
Or even anything remotely similar
>>
>>79681278
Breezy
Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.