[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Superman: The Animated Series is fantastic. I'm re-watching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 25
File: 6811199987995.png (571 KB, 726x549) Image search: [Google]
6811199987995.png
571 KB, 726x549
Superman: The Animated Series is fantastic. I'm re-watching the show.

Animation, soundtrack, dialogue -- All of it holds up well!
>>
>>79173604
Yeah it was tops. well written, decent sorta story progression even if you only notice it watching in order..
>>
yeah it's pretty good
>>
>>79174747
Haven't gotten around to re-watching it. Does Lex get more and more desperate as time goes on or something?
>>
Is it better than Batman TAS?
Because that seems like a strong possibility.
>>
>>79173604
I'm currently on an endeavor to watch the DCAU in its entirety (excluding Static Shock and The Zeta Project, probably) and I can't wait to get to this show.

On Volume 2 of BTAS now
>>
>>79174781
he gets more enterprising and creative. and there are even interesting moments where he has to work together with lois and clark on something. desu his character arc doesn't finish until justice league, where he gets even more development than he did on this show.
but brainiac has an interesting series of appearances.. plus the whole kryptonite arc kinda works in a neat way. there's multiple episodes in a row featuring it centrally
then you have stuff like the police battlesuit being kind of a prototype version of Steel, and even more interestingly... if you watch in order, the Weather Wizard episode ends with his weather machine just dissipating a bit cloud into the air, unceremoniously. Then the very next episode, a freak storm creates Livewire.
>>
the last scene in the last episode is legitimately beautiful
>>
>>79174860
dude me too, that exact viewing (except i included the static shock crossover episodes just for laughs). I'm currently on season 3 of batman beyond. Have a good time. also good luck figuring out what order to watch TNBA and STAS in. they overlap irregularly.
>>
>>79173604
You know hindsight is 20/20, but even I would keep a radioactive space rock in a lead container when not in use. The worlds smartest man carries this thing around on him like a wallet and gets cancer
>>
>>79173604
Clancy Brown best Luthor
>>
>>79174818

Batman has higher highs but lower lows.

STAS stays around breddy gud the entire run. A couple duds but nothing downright terrible.
>>
>>79175062
>Lex Luthor
>World's smartest man in DC
>>
File: Metallo-animated.jpg (53 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Metallo-animated.jpg
53 KB, 400x400
There were some great episodes with Metallo in it
>>
>>79174860
>>79174991
>good luck figuring out what order to watch TNBA and STAS in. they overlap irregularly

You could watch them by the airdate order but there's no point, they don't really crossover in any meaningful way.

I'd say watch all of TNBA first followed by all of STAS because the latter leads into Justice League better.
>>
>>79175062
we find out in World's Strongest that the "jade dragon" was considered cursed because its owners kept dying prematurely. lex neglected to research that I guess, but batman knew it all along.
>>
>>79175130
well they kind of do, a little.
and the airdate order is a little wrong sometimes too.
the crossovers matter because like, in Joker's Millions part of the plot is that the fake joker forgets that he has just recently met bruce wayne in metropolis and threw him out of a window, in World's Finest. so that has to go first. meanwhile Knight Time sets up something about Brainiac's next appearance, though I forget what exactly.
then you just have the 'all the girls together because i am bruce timm and i like pretty girls' crossover episode which didnt matter for shit
>>
>>79175130
>leads into Justice League better.
wot, and save batman beyond for the end? I guess that's the right chronology but I just can't. Gotta keep my nostalgia in order or I could scramble something.
>>
BTAS had some really inconsistent animation styles.
>>
It's an okay cartoon, but the portrayal of Superman was awful. If it was called something else it probably would have been better
>>
>>79175330
swrong with him? I liked him
>his powerset wasn't too OP
>his personality was under control. he didn't have a bleeding heart but he still clearly gave a shit
>he didnt make big speeches at enemies, just the occasional snarky comment. something Elisa Maza might say.
>he made friends (which made the betrayal by professor hamilton hurt even harder) easily.
>he was pretty smart but not ludicrously so.
>he used his powers in sensible ways. like if he just needed to BE somewhere, he'd fly standing up and appear there. None of that "oh shit he has a hostage" crap.. he'd just fucking appear and disarm them, or eyelaser the gun.
>no goofy extraneous powers like ice breath or hypnotism, but creative uses of the powers he had (spinning like mad to bore through shit, create air funnels, or throw off something clingy with centrifugal force; using super senses to grab something moving quickly; clapping hands together to put out a fire with the shockwave)
>>
>>79173604
I'm going to start rewatching STAS pretty soon too. Is there any way to get it in 720p or 1080p?
>>
>>79175330
what was particularly bad about it? All I can pinpoint is how they tried too hard to show he could be in real pain. I get they were trying to make him not seem unstoppable, but then the best episodes end up being the ones where he doesn't get into big fights anyway.
>>
>>79175583
I liked that. We actually got some good insight into his regenerative power by seeing him get SOLIDLY hurt from time to time.
What's more, this (and a bit in justice league) gave you a real sense of how his powers work in general. The whole radiation thing.. his cells soak up radiation like mad, so yellow sun powers him up almost instantly, but red sun powers him DOWN almost instantly.. He can apparently use fluorescent bulbs in a pinch (when he was in prison). The red sun makes him less vulnerable to kryptonite (Kara states that the red sun of Skartaris kept that gigantic kryptonite meteorite from insta-killing her) presumably in the way that taking iodine pills protects you from radioactive iodine absorption. It's all fascinating really.
I even surmise that his flight is somehow based on interacting with the EM field of the earth, because (with only one exception I can remember, and it had some air around for him to push against at least) he needed his spacesuit's rockets to fly in space
>>
>>79175220
you could always go Batman, Superman, Batman 2, (post redesign) then just watch select episodes of JL and JLU, and head to beyond. not all of the JL shows episodes were great, and both Superman and Batman suffer heavily in their characterizations.

not that JL is really relevant to beyond, since beyond came first
>>
>>79176157
all the more reason why i'm binging all of beyond first, THEN Justice league. as long as I do it in a short enough timeframe I can piece together the chronology in my head well enough, but watching things in production order gives me more of a feel for how it was developed.

.. though i did watch mystery of the batwoman right after TNBA. mainly to get it out of the fucking way
>>
>>79175114
I think of the one with him and the kids as a not horrible I've Got Batman in my Basement
>>
>>79175564
Netflix
>>
>>79175330
I thought he was good in STAS and ok (not great) in JL, but then went all the way to shitty in JLU.
>>
>>79176561
Yeah
God damn that was a bad episode. and the sad thing is the kids were great. I loved those kids. I fucking want those kids as my kids. It was the penguin and his oafs that ruined the episode.
but yeah 'kid stuff' was a lot better. Plus it was nice to see naked metallo, he was fantastically animated in just a subtly inhuman alien way.
it's a shame he apparently contracted a fatal case of MARKETING RECOGNIZABILITY and reverted to the half-torn-off false face look later. There's just no logical reason for that. I would like to have seen the corben face become a removable attachment or something that he takes off in battle so it wont be damaged. He'd just be like the Evil Usses from Bill n' Ted and peel it off and tuck it away
>>
File: 53a24ba645e7b.preview-620.jpg (75 KB, 620x917) Image search: [Google]
53a24ba645e7b.preview-620.jpg
75 KB, 620x917
Lori Petty and Gilbert Gottfried are the best Voices on the entire cast prove me wrong. protip: You never will
>>
File: 1350929226240.gif (2 MB, 162x179) Image search: [Google]
1350929226240.gif
2 MB, 162x179
>Two-Face's husky voice when he says "Big Bad Harv"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdiclltfliM
>>
>>79176582
in terms of looks he was worse in JL but in terms of personality yeah they derailed him a bit in JLU just to make some points. but it did kind of fit his character arc. He fails to redeem himself in the public eye, and now ALL heroes are unfairly getting shat on and feared, even ones who DIDN'T get brainwashed into waging war on civilization once. and he knows it's all luthor's fault, and suddenly their previous relationship has its tables turned. now it's luthor pulling the strings, foiling superman at every turn, slowly wearing down his public image. I'll never understand how in their setting you can run for president as a convicted mass murderer, but whatever.

so what do you guys think of the aborted idea where, while brainwashed, Lashina fucks him, and in the Beyond future he has a son who topples darkseid? beats the fuck outta damian in my eye
>>
>>79176652
Was Luthor ever actually convicted before running? He usually got away with shit, even when his plans failed. Which is a pretty great component of the character honestly.
>>
>>79173604
While STAS is very good, it suffer the similar problems like most Superman stories? most of the episodes has no stake at all. Even most fights are overly long. Superman throws punches, big bad throws punches then it is over. Also it lacks memorable villains. Luthor, Livewire is great of course but the rest are pretty boring.
>>
>>79176742
yes he was, can't remember if it was for anything during STAS or if it was something during Justice League prior to the Justice Lords episodes though
>>
When kryptonite makes its second or third debut, in the batman crossover episode with the dragon kryptonite statue, bruce gives it a basic scan in his cave and in the first few seconds sees it emits harmful radiation, which is what killed the statue's previous owners over a several years.

Then how come Lex never knew about this? His guys did the same tests, he probably spent months analyzing the thing himself, even turning it into a power source.
>>
>>79176757
I loved Toyman, Metallo and Parasite.
>>
>>79175330
Shut up fag.
>>
>>79176855

That Toyman is my favorite interpretation of Toyman. Not that that's a difficult proposition, considering how Toyman is usually portrayed.

I liked how he got to kick some ass later on in JLU.
>>
>>79175150
how could they be so careless as to not put a geiger counter next to it just to check?
>>
STAS gave us the best Lobo
>>
>>79173604
To this day I still think the intro to Man of Steel should have been a straight up rip of the Superman TAS intro.
The fact that they neglected to show Braniac confounds me.
>>
>>79174818
STAS is more consistent
>>
>>79175111
He is overqualified to navigate the source wall.
>>
>>79174818
I'd give BTAS the edge simply because the highs are really fucking good. STAS is more consistent per total. How do they fare versus JL and JLU tho?
>>
Luthor wasn't an evil genius in STAS, he's just a ruthless businessman who's ideals contrast with Superman.

I always like this approach more than the usual super genius.
>>
>>79175443
He didn't have a Midwestern accent.
>>
>>79176570
It might be on Prime, it's not on Netflix. I had to stream it off a tube site, there are various ones but the quality isn't great - and certainly not 480 or 720. I think WB has them on You Tube if you pay, not sure if they have a plan that entitles you to all their product on there.

>>79176582
>>79176652
They (the production team, in particular Timm since he's pretty well known as a bat-fag) got a lot of shit for how he was depicted early on. They were trying to power him down so that he wouldn't make the rest of them (except for the Lantern) seem redundant and pointless BUT then they also did stuff like make Diana able to fly and beat people up and made a number of other choices.

>>79176757
Metallo was good and they did a good job with Bizarro.

You are both >>79176855 ignoring Brainiac and Darkseid. While you might argue that Darkseid isn't a Superman villain Protip: you'd be dead wrong, Brainiac, especially in STAS definitely is.

>>79179003
You can go to You Tube and find the trailer set to the STAS music. It works well.
>>
File: Syndrome.jpg (79 KB, 817x409) Image search: [Google]
Syndrome.jpg
79 KB, 817x409
>>79173604
I'll start watching it from the beginning right now after like, 5 years? I remember loving Metallo's character and Clark/Lois banter. For some reason I still remember a scene where Lois tries to rush off to report a train accident where someone was standing on the tracks, but she can't get the elevator to work so she says she hopes that the person who build the elevator was the one who got hit by the train. I don't even know if that's funny to anyone, but it always makes me smile how they could make light of potential suicide back in the day.
>>
>>79173604
Honestly watching, BTAS & STAS at the same time, I really have to give it to Superman.

I realize its probably nostaglia & the fact stas was my first real intro to Supes, but it just feels like one of the better interpretations of Superman. He can be a smartass without being an asshole, He makes an effort to let people know he's on their side, and his relationship with Lois felt pretty natural all things considered. The fact it 'starts' also helps. All of the goons using ridiculous tech like jetpacks & laser guns also does a nice job giving the setting a nice does of fantasy to contrast with how average things usually are.

Compare that to BTAS that starts with man-bat and really waivers, first season alone, on its VA work & general art.
>>
>>79176811
as we saw, lex doesnt listen to his scientists. they fear him and he has trained them to give him very brief and to the point information. he interrupts and shrugs them off if they try to warn him about diddly squat.
>>79178769
and the best brainiac by far.
>>79182166
well he was xanatosesque. He had an eidetic memory too.
>>79182296
ahh good point
>>79182538
yeah making wonder woman fly pisses me off. at least say it's her armor.
>>
The comic version was better though.
>>
There's people posting on this board who havent seen any of the DCAU. Absolute madmen.
>>
File: 1423022069785.png (511 KB, 852x526) Image search: [Google]
1423022069785.png
511 KB, 852x526
>>79184301
>person on a podcast I enjoy doesn't like Superman
>turns out he just doesn't understand Superman
>Finally comes out that all he's actually seen with superman is Part of All-Star
>He refuses to watch any of the DCAU or read anything else
>>
>>79175234
The first season used like five different animation studios, with AKOM being the worst and TMS being the best (they did part 2 of feat of clay, for example)
>>
>>79175564
Pretty sure it wasn't made with those resolutions in mind, they'd have to remaster it like they did with JLU
>>
File: supes mind blown.jpg (192 KB, 540x904) Image search: [Google]
supes mind blown.jpg
192 KB, 540x904
>>79174971
>Weather Wizard episode ends with his weather machine just dissipating a bit cloud into the air, unceremoniously. Then the very next episode, a freak storm creates Livewire.

Fuck that's cool.
>>
>>79184564
every time i watched it i was like 'come on. lightning hits superman, and then a human, and that turns them into basically electric blue superman? I could even see lightning powers, following the same 'whatever you touch you become' rules that created Blight and Earth Mover, but being able to TURN into lightning and make clothes out of ionized air?' it strained belief a bit more than the rest of the show.. but now finding that out (From tvtropes no less) it makes just enough sense. The weather machine was crazy technology, plus it was explicitly powered by superman and the flash building up 'high velocity ions' or whatever. fucking speed force can do whatever it wants.
>>
File: superman.gif (1 MB, 260x195) Image search: [Google]
superman.gif
1 MB, 260x195
>>79175796
I would read your blog about the show.

At the least some of these insights should be on the imdb trivia page for the show.
>>
File: jeremy hillary boob phd.jpg (23 KB, 565x575) Image search: [Google]
jeremy hillary boob phd.jpg
23 KB, 565x575
>>79184668
blesshu anon
if only I could control when that kinda insight comes out. all i gots is anonymous imageboardery. i've never been a blogger. most of the time i TRY to write shit, even in school as I recall, it is/was just succinct straightforward boring sentences.
>>
>>79176652
>in the Beyond future he has a son who topples darkseid
Is this in the comic? I don't remember it from the show.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpFplmMcjOE

best version of the character
>>
>>79182296
I've never considered this before. Now all I can hear is Supes talking like he's from Fargo.

"Oh hey there Lex, whatcha doooin? Ya need help with that there machine ya workn' on?"
>>
>>79176855
Those were based villains. Makes me mad that every Superman movie up till now has either been Lex or Zod as the villains. It's like if every Batman movie had the Joker in it other than a couple times where Two-Face was the villain.
>>
>>79184386
>listening to podcasts run by absolute pleb casuals
you did this to yourself, familia
>>
>>79184386
I find this is true of pretty much anyone who doesn't 'like superman as a character'.
>>
File: super gay.png (135 KB, 245x400) Image search: [Google]
super gay.png
135 KB, 245x400
>>79184733
Just keep a running text file or pastebin.
>>
I like how Superman conquered worlds for Darksied and he never went back to liberate them.
>>
>>79176757
brainiac was great in it
>>
File: Loboava.gif (10 KB, 200x149) Image search: [Google]
Loboava.gif
10 KB, 200x149
>>79184843
lobo was great
i loved the episode where everyone thought superman was dead.
lobo shows up to 'help' and he fights against kalibak. and he beats him and makes him say uncle by trowing more and more cars ontop of him
>>
>>79184907
I know but I can't stop

>>79184918
Its a shame, I feel like STAS handled the Clark/Superman dicotomy really well.
>>
>>79184952
Were they Earth?
>>
>>79185087
Some unnamed alien world. Superman broke their final stand and they submitted to Darksied.
>>
>>79184799
like i said, it's an aborted idea they had
honestly i think that's something they never could have gotten away with.. having someone sire a child while brainwashed.. that's a bit too edgy.
>>
>>79174860
>excluding Static Shock

Why? That one was pretty good as well.
>>
>>79184945
of just ramblings? isn't that kind of the act of a madman?
no what i need is a fucking podcast..
>>
>>79185078
>I feel like STAS handled the Clark/Superman dicotomy really well.
Yeah. When I got hard into Supes a few years ago it was one of the highlights.
>>
File: 1.jpg (159 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
159 KB, 1920x1080
>>79185588
ok
>>
>>79184952
well how's he supposed to find them? he has no memory of it.
>>79185620
yeah. let's see if damian ever appears on tv
>>
>>79185588
You mean like Damien?
>>
>>79185630
>>79185629
and really, even then. that's BATMAN. that's different. Superman we assume is a virgin.
and talia didn't brainwash bruce, they just had some times together, right? or she stole his DNA or something.
but either way we won't see damien on tv anytime soon I don't think. wait, is it ian or ien?
>>
>>79185629
He remembered everything Darksied did to him. He regained his memories. That's why Granny was the first stop
>>
>>79185650
he didn't though. that's the premise of the episode. he was only vaguely aware that something had happened to him. That's why it was plausible that he could have a son he didnt know about with lashina
>>
>>79185649
>Superman we assume is a virgin.
You're insane
>>
>>79185678
well okay i was also wrong about his age. he came off like fresh out of journalism school but if the jade dragon is 30 years old then he has to be at least that age. still, he's a good country boy. he hasnt been married, he's not fucking around. probably feels similarly to batman that he CAN'T because he wouldn't relate well enough. except at least bruce is willing to Captain Kirk/James Bond some ladies once in a while when required.
>>
>>79185673
That's because she would have been very early in pregnancy. Superman remembered everything he did on Earth, and all his time on Apocalypse. That's why he was so familiar with Lashina, that's why he first went for Granny. Why wouldn't he remember? The only thing that changed is that the brainwashing wore off and he remembered his past. He didn't actually lose even more memories, that makes no sense. You might be referring to the very first minute when he woke up and was all dazy.
>>
File: shield surprise.jpg (179 KB, 656x721) Image search: [Google]
shield surprise.jpg
179 KB, 656x721
>>79185704
>>79185678
>>79185649

Pretending like Clark didn't x Lana back in the day
>>
>>79185740
iunno dude I'm not convinced.
but if he did remember it then who's to say he didnt go visit those planets in his spaceship later? or maybe they're out of range of that ship, and he can't reach them without boom tubes
>>
>>79185785
third base, max. and even then he was too nervous about tearing them right off of her chest to enjoy it.
>>
>>79176561
>I've Got Batman in my Basement
I've always loved that episode despite what any of you say.

>24 years old
Still no porn of Roberta
>>
>>79185797
>who's to say he didnt go visit those planets
Because it's never mentioned. Could be a comic book plot or something, but it's still funny. Also the risk of retribution on Earth. New Genesis was protecting Earth, but if Earth became a threat to Darksied then that thing is off. Superman wouldn't risk that. Poor niggas. While Superman will be hailed as a savior and a symbol in the far future, a few planets will curse his name for their dark age
>>
>>79185826
Clark loses his virginity to Lana in every modern continuity. You're just making shit up now because you're addicted to your headcanons.
>>
>>79185826
I would say he at least got an awkward handjob that was pointed into space.
>>
>>79185935
sources...you know....for the scientific study of kryptonian physiology?
>>
>>79185973
and THAT's how he had a son!
>>
>>79185973
>In the year 4,000 Brainiac finds Kryptonian sperm orbiting earth and unleashes the greatest threat to the galaxy yet
>But first, this is the origin of the sample:
>>
>>79178750
Wasn't it spelled out in the episode where he's diagnosed that no one could definitively say it didn't cause cancer because its magic alien radiation?
>>
>>79186073
it's funny too, there are a lot of ways he could solve that. even if his super science can't cure cancer yet, he can transfer brains.. AND he can clone people. i'd be amazed if he couldn't combine the bizarro and metallo techniques to put himself into a clone of himself.
but that's just one of those things you have to accept for the sake of the story.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 638x478) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 638x478
>>79173604
So many great moments in that show.
>>
>>79186191
Itkadash ishma shmeh rabah
>>
>>79186191
honestly I felt like he brought it on himself.
standing up to darkseid? awesome. though superman would have defended earth either way, and new genesis would have literally deus ex machina'd either way...
taunting him as he left? he ASKED for that. you don't taunt the loser.
>>
>>79186191
>Among the attendees of the fictional funeral in the original TV airing were some of Kirby's Marvel comics creations, such as the Fantastic Four and Nick Fury, as well as the likeness of Kirby's frequent collaborator Stan Lee (these were edited from the DVD release to avoid infringement issues with Marvel)

man
>>
>>79186358
nevermind that's trademark, which is a lot easier to get away with if it's just a brief cameo

i actually heard that marvel pressured dc not to use the Terrific Trio even.. which is blatantly not how the law works as they are clearly parody and totally distinct.
they're also depressing though
>>
File: legacy.jpg (29 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
legacy.jpg
29 KB, 640x480
>>79186191
Had I known one humans death would pain you so, I would've killed more
>>
>>79186999
darkseid fucking ROCKED that outfit. I'm not sure how. It's such a completely bonkers outfit but he totally rocked it
>>
>>79173604
>There are people out there that wouldn't have sex with that version of Lex Luthor
Fucking fags I tell ya.
>>
File: image.png (477 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.png
477 KB, 640x480
>>79186999
I am many things Kal-El, but here I am God
>>
>>79187151
i like that he didnt immediately give up. kara had to convince him to just cut his losses and go home..
I feel like if he had stayed around and, oh I dunno, launched darkseid into the middle of a star.. he would have saved countless lives.
>>
>>79187219
That would have ruined both Superman as a character and the theme of the episode.
This time Clark had to take responsability for his actions( even if he was brainwashed) and try to rebuild his reputation. So launching an already defeated Darkseid in a star would have only proven to the people that he isn't better than anyone and didn't deserve his powers
>>
>>79187389
Eh.

Tell that to all the people Darkseid wiped out afterwards.

oh wait you can't!
>>
>>79187432
I don't hear them complaining.
>>
>>79187050
>Finding a black man wearing whiteface attractive
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 400x213) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 400x213
>you will never be brainwashed into Darkseid's son
>>
You know, there's just one thing I don't get
what is the deal with alternate supermen wearing weird angular non-versions of his symbol? Why would he still wear a symbol the rough shape of his old one but with some new nonsense design? justice lord superman still had the normal one, so why didnt dark-alternate-universe-working-with-lex superman, or the Beyond-era one?
>>
>>79186999
Attitude is everything
>>
File: This Guyzoch Serious.jpg (22 KB, 476x456) Image search: [Google]
This Guyzoch Serious.jpg
22 KB, 476x456
>>79182538
>BUT then they also did stuff like make Diana able to fly and beat people up and made a number of other choices.
Oh, so like the comics?
>>
>>79176570
Fuck netflix. None of the children's cartoons I'd like to watch that are supposed to be there, are available at my region.
>>
Livewire is cute, CUTE! Also, do any villains from either series get fucked over by JLU in terms of characterization?
>>
>>79187895
Well it depends.

Its agreed DCAU Sinestro sucks, but he doesn't really contradict that characterization in any episode.

I'd say Volcana does, but she fought Supergirl for some reason in Girls Night Out, so, that doesn't really count either since that just means she got bored of the island.

Doomsday had a total asspull in motivation between A Better World and Doomsday Sanction though.
>>
>>79188080
Is that it? I've heard that Parasite stops being fun ole' Rudy and turns into a crazed monster or something in JLU.
>>
>>79187895
most of them, unfortunately. They didn't have the time to depict them carefully or properly. They were just kinda straight up evil. One assumes luthor and grodd had something to do with this, either mindcontrolling people or just influencing them with money and a decent chance of actually SUCCEEDING for once.
>>79188080
Volcana was in Girls Night? I thought that was just livewire, harley, and ivy.
>>79188276
you are probably confusing that with his brief appearance in the Beyond future where he's got a different shaped head and it may or may not be the original Rudy
>>
>>79188314
Volcana made a brief cameo when Supergirl was talking about all the shit she did during the summer. She fights Volcana for like 30 seconds. It's her only other pre-JL appearance.
>>
>>79188830
what a shame. i think we all wanted her to reform
then again we also wanted harley to get better, in that adorable episode where she got out on parole for a while and genuinely seemed better... and then return of the joker fucked THAT up forever. There's no coming back from what she did to Tim.. and yet somehow granddaughters.
>>
>>79173604

Love Greek Luthor.
>>
>>79173604
The one thing that bugged me is how jacked Luthor was.
>>
back when i was a horny teenager lois lane was the only reason i watched the show, re-watching it now and im actually impressed.
>>
>>79185078
Why do modern writers struggle with the whole Clark/Superman thing?
>>
Lois Lane's giant apartment confuses me a little.
>>
>>79191056
Isn't Metropolis supposed to be a Modern American City mixed with some futuristic technology?
>>
>>79191009
They don't really.
>>
>>79190720
hell yes
>>79190735
well we saw his team of personal trainers and stuff. he was all about keeping himself at flawless perspective.
>>79190851
she had tude alright
>>79191056
yeah i feel like the artists just fucked it up. in one shot her bed is fucking MASSIVE
>>
>>79187720
There are browser extensions to get around that, but they're cracking down on them supposedly. Of course, there's always The Pirate Bay
>>
File: JLUMercy.jpg (25 KB, 250x313) Image search: [Google]
JLUMercy.jpg
25 KB, 250x313
>Mercy fucks Lex over in Justice League
>Returns as his lackey bitch much later in JLU for like a second
Why?
>>
>>79191833
I know and I've used extension based proxies previously, but those are kinda wonky and sometimes require fiddling with to get to work, and at that point netflix has lost the convenience factor that makes me use it over torrenting.
>>
>>79192001
is that right? i don't recall her coming back
>>
>>79192237
She shows up in Clash for just a moment and has like one line. That's what the picture is from.
>>
>>79175062
Just goes to show how far his obsession with Superman went.
>>
>>79175062
i guess he was hoping he'd walk by his secret identity and watch the guy suddenly get sick
didnt occur to him 'shit what if i fall off a building and he cant save me'
>>
>watching stas for the first time
>oh hey hes gonna race the flash, i loved that guy in justice league
>flash speaks
>wut
>>
>>79192489
he also has a tan
but whatever, his personality was roughly the same.
Now hearing Steel in JLU with phil lamarr's voice? THAT was jarring. I realize you can't get michael dorn in for just one quick line, but.. that was your best replacement?
>>
>>79176643
Richard Moll is such a good actor. Shame that he resembles a ten-foot tall bridge troll, or else he could've gotten some real acting jobs.

I mean, I love me some Night Court, but... man...
>>
>>79184129
Autism.
>>
>>79192611
you don't think he's handsome?
>>
Easily my favorite version of the Superman theme, love hearing it
>>
>>79193073
the batman superman adventures theme was also pretty fucking great. beat the hell out of the 'adventures of batman and robin' theme
>>
man, why did they have to drop Zeta's IQ by like 80 points when he got his own show?
>>
File: Pan10.jpg (33 KB, 640x340) Image search: [Google]
Pan10.jpg
33 KB, 640x340
>>79186191
Episodes also featured appearances by Toby Raynes Maggie's girlfriend at the time.
>>
>>79198079
you just keep telling yourself that, and i'll keep denying it. we'll get along just fine.
>>
>>79175114

>"Excuse me superman, I have some business in the hood"
>>
>>79198564
LUNCHINGTONS UPVOTED
>>
>>79186391
>Marvel: Can you please not use the Terrific Trio?
>DC: What, don't like parody?
>Marvel: No, it's just... Jesus, this show, the fate of the villains... Are you okay? Do you need a hug?
>>
>>79199112
hehehehe
>you don't understand. they're not even letting us show BLOOD anymore. all the punches have to be impact-flashes. this is all we have.
>>
>>79184870
>North Dakota accent
>Clark grew up in Kansas

Are you European, by chance?
>>
>>79190735
Would you rather he be fat again? Or skinny like Smallville Lex?
>>
File: brainiac.jpg (28 KB, 533x400) Image search: [Google]
brainiac.jpg
28 KB, 533x400
This was the best version of Brainiac

Also perfect voice casting
>>
>>79201166
so utterly true. not that it's much of a context, who cares about brainiac as a green pantsless alien?
it's funny this continuity still gave us a braniac-5 in the future, they just made him blue.
>>
there is seriously nothing like DCAU-binging and working out all the connections. in ROTJ we find out the US government has death-laser satellites for shooting down enemy missiles.. in other words reagan's 'star wars'. As a kid this never registered to me, and when people described star wars it sounded like a great idea. why SHOULDNT the US be able to stop anyone from nuking anyone from orbit? and now I'm a bit older and I understand the rules a bit better, and now it's like holy shit what kind of future is this..
and on top of that, in JLU we have the whole plot about the gubmint being unduly suspicious of the league having their own orbiting death ray.
>>
BB > BTAS = STAS > JLU > JL
>>
>>79198079
No, anon that's just her close, platonic heterosexual friend whom she's an intimate bond with. Homosexuals don't exist in children's cartoons, silly.
>>
>>79173604
I just finished watching it for the first time, and I didn't particularly enjoy it. It just never seemed like there was a threat, even when Darkseid invaded Earth. I'm moving on to Justice League soon, and I think I'll like it better.
>>
>>79201334
>Come on, it's schway!
>It's schwarbage, let's move
>>
>>79201904
i'll say this, appropriately enough that show has aged the best. everything about it that seemed terrible, from the premise to Terry was eventually made into a masterpiece. It took a movie and Epilogue to do it, but it did it.
>>79201707
it's funny how some people (including someone else in this thread) complain he's too invincible and so there was 'no threat', while others say he was too weakened for plot reasons
fuck I thought it was just right. He can bleed if you're REALLY REALLY GOOD or if you manage to weaken him properly, but regardless of the matchup he'll have the same determination against a god that he would against some thug pointing a gun at an innocent.
>>
I actually think it had better villians than BTAS more variation in powers and personality
>>
>>79201334
Have you watched Batman Beyond recently and not just relying on child memories? It's a pretty shitty show overall with about ~5 standout episodes. Becomes totally unwatchable when proto-SJW with tumblr hair gets forced into the story and becomes a main character out of nowhere.
>>
>>79202106
10/10 bait
>>
>>79202124
It's not bait. The character Max was forced into the show from above the creators' input to make the show more "appealing" to girls. Go read about it.
>>
>>79202100
Well he is pretty inconsistent. One episode he struggles to lift a train, the next he punches through all of Darkseid's heralds then beats him down with brute force.

I did quite enjoy the casting, the Mr.Mxyzptlk, and Lobo episodes though.
>>
File: big boss salute.jpg (20 KB, 603x380) Image search: [Google]
big boss salute.jpg
20 KB, 603x380
>>79186191
>Turpin stood up to Darkseid when nobody else would
>>
>>79202106
You know the executives wanted them to make Matt into Robin. Even knowing he's also Bruce's son, that is so fucking retarded it manages to still be scary even though the show's over and it didn't happen.

and yet... couldn't you just see him becoming a supervillain someday? a little bit of his intellect kicks in, a bit of hatred for his brother for leaving him so soon (one assumes he doesn't stay around the house after he turns 18) after barely getting to see him his entire life due to juvie etc.. no father in his life..
>>
>>79202151
get your shit right before you blather such inflammatory shit. She wasn't forced into the show.
she WAS however forced to become a main character, so that terry would have a secret-keeper. that is the only reason. and I liked her okay. Terry and bruce kept her in her place. It gave Terry someone to be better-than and more mature than.. Meanwhile she got to play Oracle a bit, and get kidnapped a couple times.
also she dressed as Radical Edward a few times, and that is shway.
>>
>>79202106
I am literally watching it right now. The only bad episodes I've seen so far are with the ones Royal Flush gang which I immediately skip, and the weird one I'm watching right now where (Out of the Past)
>>
>>79202224
At least use punctuation so it's not so obvious you're the same sperg every time.
>>
>>79202229
Also I have no idea what happened in the background, but I thought people liked Max. I mean, aside from irrelevant production trouble which isn't really reflected in the show (barring maybe Max' entrance episode) she's a pretty cool character
>>
>>79202269
I just found it interesting that the girl with the shitty ghetto parentless upbringing was a computer genius while the girl with the strict asian parents was a fucking blockhead. She was cute though. nobody hates Dana.
>>
>>79190735

I like it when Lex is ripped. I see him as being the epitome of human achievement; built like Adonis, fiercely intelligent, and unwaveringly driven in the pursuit of his goals. If you just look at the surface layer, Lex Luthor should be what all men strive to be--save for the fact that he is also completely lacking in any human virtues.
>>
>>79202330
he and kingpin are like the only 'normal' villains i give two fucks about. they go above and beyond just some guy in a suit that heads up crimes. They have CHARACTER. they have heart.. at least a lack thereof.
the Spectacular version of Tombstone was the same since he was a kingpin stand-in
>>
I legitimately like the theme song better than Williams' movie theme.
>>
>>79202330

Yes but Lex should only be at the peak of human achievement because Superman is around. I always liked the Irony that Superman was supposed to be an ideal to strive towards and the one he has inspired the most is his greatest enemy
>>
File: 63476356.png (235 KB, 480x357) Image search: [Google]
63476356.png
235 KB, 480x357
>>79184843
Had to.
>>
I get its a different show, but honestly Btas is a slog ti get started. I'm halfway through season 1 and the best so far has been the harvey dent two parter heh.

Supes season 1 was way more consistent quality-wise all through season 1 and 2.
>>
>>79188314
I think the creators confirmed that Beyond Parasite is a different person
>>
>>79182296
I figured Supes would have intentionally do that so it'd be harder for people to figure out who he was. Humans can change their accent, I'm sure a Kryptonian could.
>>
>>79187593
It's Kryptonian stylized.
>>
>>79202330
same the work out scene in All-Star Superman is fantastic in showing Luthor's philosophy regarding humanity(well really that entire issue)

>>79190720
Clancy Brown is best Luthor, love that they brought him back to play Luthor in LEGO Batman 3, conversely Brainiac's voice in that game is awful compared to >>79201166
Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.