[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /co/ think of Megamind?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5
File: 1605734-megamind.jpg (37 KB, 632x640) Image search: [Google]
1605734-megamind.jpg
37 KB, 632x640
What does /co/ think of Megamind?
>>
>>79088189
Great movie. Roxanne was /thick/
>>
Underrated fun flick.
>>
>>79088221
But the romance was /trash/
>>
It was okay.
>>
the rare dreamworks movie where they decided to actually step it up and write a good script
>>
Hair Animation is really damn wavy and straight. The Villains were good, Comedy was good. The Cycle of a Villain Becoming a Hero, Hero becoming a Civilian, and Civilian becoming a Villain was pretty damn cool, man. It had those awkward scenes with the Reporter and Jonah Hill, literally every line between those two.
>>
criminally underrated film.
>>
Pretty much a Superman plot but with 2 aliens.
The voice acting was great. Some of the Jokes were hilarious too.
This was the most hype moment ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehc2x4BleQI
>>
>>79088189
Fabulous, great to watch with family, friends, and fuck buddies
>>
I didn't enjoy it. Didn't like the designs and found the plot quite cliche. I enjoyed Monsters V Aliens more.

But then I also didn't like Coraline, Wakfu, Winter Soldier or Rango so what do I know.
>>
>>79088794
Lol
>>
>>79088833
What do you like?
>>
>>79089177
Name a genre.
>>
>>79089202
Comedy.
>>
>>79089245
You're going to have to be more specific but
>Monsters V Aliens
>Toy Story
>Year One
>Happy Gilmore
>Cars 2
Eh, want more examples?
>>
>>79089280
No, stop now before you hurt somebody.
>>
>>79088189
I liked the presentation.
>>
>>79088189
It was great tbhfam
>>
I enjoyed it with only small issues.

I didn't really like how incredibly stupid they made Metroman's ideal career. I would have liked him actually getting some sort of respect from the movie instead of it being played for laughs.

Also hero always gets the girl was pushed too hard.

Also space stepmom is best character and waifu of all waifus
>>
...and I don't get the girl.

Dem feels.
>>
Underrated Dreamworks movie.
>>
>>79088800
"there is no queen of England" still gets a chuckle out of me.
>>
File: presentation.webm (3 MB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
presentation.webm
3 MB, 1280x544
>>79088189
I think it's a crying shame that it didn't get a sequel.

>Megamind joins a Justice-League-esque organization
>>
>>79088189
It's good, but I don't like the ending. So stupid.
>>
>>79089576
In what regard?
>>
It was pretty good.
>>
>>79088221

She really wasn't. She was just fucking terribly proportioned. Worse than the Incredibles.
>>
>>79090105
>i have shit taste and i'm 14 yo the post
>>
>>79090154
not that guy but her facial proportions look retarded, in all honesty, familiar
>>
>>79090378
Okay, I'll agree that her face is weird, but that's it

You're lucky I can't find a good picture.
>>
>>79088189
>What does /co/ think of Megamind?

I found it to be pretty uninspired with a mess of a plot and Brad Pitt phoned that shit in.
>>
*RECORD SCRATCH*
>>
Despicable Me did bad guy turns good better.
>>
>>79090597
It does, but Megamind is just a vehicle for good jokes whereas Despicable Me was a proper story.
>>
>>79089975

The dance number I'll bet.
>>
File: let me vomit a little more.jpg (46 KB, 312x312) Image search: [Google]
let me vomit a little more.jpg
46 KB, 312x312
>>79090597
>>79090708

>Despicable Me
>proper story
>>
>>79091099
I didn't say it was good, but it doesn't feel like the disjointed mess that is Megamind
>>
>>79091164
Despicable me is literally the definition of disjointed mess

The prime example, he didn't need to "adopt" the girls to get his shrink ray back

Please give me an example of how megamind was more disjointed than that
>>
>>79091190
The pacing and exposition of Megamind feels really weird, like there wasn't any breathing room around each phase of the movie.
Disjointed probably wasn't the best word for it.
>>
>>79091257
'breathing room' is an excuse for nothing happening. Megamind had plenty of downtime, but still used that downtime to advance the plot.
>>
>>79091257
again i invoke Dispicable me

He adopts them just so they can get close to a building, and they get their order IN A DAY
He can't just wait A DAY to steal the moon, AND GO TO THIER RECITAL

please give an example of Megaminds rushed pacing, INSTEAD OF JUST ASSERTING IT
>>
it had excellent PRESENTATION!
>>
>>79091286
>>79091292

It goes from one scene to another too quickly, the plot is coherent but it comes across like some jumpy kid excitedly reading the plot from Wikipedia without drawing breathe. Despicable Me does not. This is the only comparison I am drawing between the two. Relax.
>>
>>79088833
>>79089280
Good Lord that is some bad taste.
>>
>>79089564
It was mediocre. That webm was the best scene altogether.
>>
>>79091408
Your just asserting it again, without any example, after being asked twice

Get the fuck out
>>
OP i bet you saw my megamind posts on tumblr and started this thread
>>
>>79091469
My 'just' cannot assert, it does not even exist. Nah, I don't think I will. I have stated that in my view the entire movie suffers from this, therefore the entire movie is the example. If that's not good enough for you, fine, but that's your problem to deal with.
>>
>>79091567
All you are doing is now demonstrating that your are retarded relative to explanation and persuasion, regardless of my common spelling mistake

I reiterate:
Get the fuck out
>>
>>79088189
I found it shit when it came out and I usually love anything big budget animated. Watched it for the second time a while ago and it was much better but still don't like it.
>>
>there will never be an Incredibles/Megamind crossover
>There will never be a Monster vs Aliens/Megamind Crossover
>MvA got a tv-show but not Megamind

JUST
>>
>>79091586
The pacing feels weird to me and I don't need a specific example to know feel that way. I'm sorry that you're so pedantic that you require specific examples but again, that is your problem, not mine.
>>
>>79091567
>the movie is evidence that the movie is poorly paced
this is like saying the bible is evidence that supports the bible being true

why not just give him an example, that is in the movie?

you can't be this dumb
>>
>>79091652
>feels to me
>I don't need examples
>assertions without support are your problem not mine

Seriously Get the fuck out
>>
>>79091680
>wanting objective proof of subjective pov

Does the movie's pacing feel rushed to you? No? Then why do you care that it does to me. I cannot make you experience things the same as I do, that's ridiculous, therefore making it your problem, not mine.
>>
>>79091748
Except you didn't even try, you jumped strait to an editing issue in the post, AND you though a movie with WORSE pacing by your own standard, that you didn't even deny, when an example was given

>objective
>proof
you don't even know what support means
if you go down that retarded argument, nothing is truly objective, not to mention I USED YOUR METRIC IN MY EXAMPLE

>I cannot make you experience things the same as I do, that's ridiculous, therefore making it your problem, not mine.
this is literally SJW idiocy level argument
why even make statements you refuse to support?
>>
>>79091806
>Except you didn't even try, you jumped strait to an editing issue in the post, AND you though a movie with WORSE pacing by your own standard, that you didn't even deny, when an example was given

re-read >>79091408 also probably re-read your posts before hitting post, pretty hard to understand exactly what you're getting at there.

You're questioning what specifically about the movie makes me feel that the pacing is rushed, I'm saying that specifically I do not have an example, only the feeling that it is rushed. You want something objective (scene from movie) to analyse and contrast with something subjective (my opinion that the pacing is rushed). The closest thing to the objective component is the entire movie which isn't good enough for you (apparently) to contrast with the subjective. There is literally nothing I can do to help you reconcile the objective with the subjective, such an exercise seems futile, especially in third-person. It seems to me though that you're not actually interested in that at all and would rather engage in some pedantic meta-debate. If that's the case then I concede, I declare you the winner.
>>
>>79088331
>I only watched post-Shrek 2 pre-KFP DW
>>
>>79090597
Except DM was cookie cutter.

MM focused less on bad becoming good guy and more of "what should I do now?", which is something hero stories rarely cover.
>>
Megamind>Despicable me

Minion>Brainbots>>>chicken from RTTE>>>>>>literally anything else>>>>>>>garbage>nothing>>minions
>>
File: 911.png (20 KB, 111x86) Image search: [Google]
911.png
20 KB, 111x86
It was way better than I expected, but I went in expecting it to be utter shit. I find that to be the best approach to movies these days, so even when they're average / slightly above average like Megamind you're pleasantly surprised.

Case in point: I got suckered into the hype and expected Episode VII to be good. Severely disappointed.
>>
PRESENTATION
>>
File: 1449787949347.png (238 KB, 396x335) Image search: [Google]
1449787949347.png
238 KB, 396x335
>>79089280
>cars 2
>>
>>79089280

This post right here is the real comedy.
>>
>>79091806
>>79091680
>>79091586
>>79091469
Why are you so mad how embarassing.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.