[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any writer in modern comics that writes characters worse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: secret-wars-03.jpg (50 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
secret-wars-03.jpg
50 KB, 612x380
Is there any writer in modern comics that writes characters worse than Hickman?

The dialogue in his books is so dull and lifeless. The characters feel like they're made of cardboard, they have no voice, no personality, nothing that gives them "character." The moments where he does try to give a character a personality moment, with some sort of gag or quip, it feels so forced and unnatural that it's off putting.

Does anyone like him?
>>
Of course lots of people like him.

His Fantastic Four run is amazing.
>>
>>79003422
his avengers run was a convoluted mess. i'm just about to start secret wars now that its over, but the build up to it has made me even more worried than when the premise was revealed
>>
>>79003230
>Is there any writer in modern comics that writes characters worse than Hickman?
Gillen.
>>
>>79003490
Secret Wars is honestly way better than his Avengers run.
>>
all his marvel work plus manhattan projects? hes good.
>>
>>79003230
Literally Bendis. How is this even a question? Did you just type that up about Bendis, then replaced it with Hickman?
>>
Slott.
At least Hickman's characters can be respected as bland as they are.
>>
>>79003929
Bendis is a different form of bad. His characters aren't without personalities, they just all end up having the same personality.
>>
>>79003230
>Is there any writer in modern comics that writes characters worse than Hickman?
Hopeless
Bendis
Humphries
>>
>>79003230
Max Landis
>>
>>79003230
I was almost literally shocked about how he wrote Maker in the end. Holy shit was that bad.
>"I'm getting rid of you because of your weakness for feelings"
He literally turned him into a fucking cartoon villain.
>>
>>79003230
Meredith Finch
Will Pfeifer
>>
>>79003422
>His Fantastic Four run is amazing.

Eh, it was refreshing to see something new but even the FF run has a very bland ending and some of the things like killing Johnny was kinda dumb.
>>
>>79003230
If you don't like him why do you read everything he writes? You sound like a hater.
>>
is slott's new spider-man good?

is bendis's new iron man good? what about international? what's up with this?
>>
>>79005256
Landis's Superman has a personality, even if it goes against your idea of a Superman
>>
>>79005256
"NOT MY SUPERMAN REEEEEEEEEEEEE"
>>
File: Hickman is a hack.jpg (87 KB, 614x614) Image search: [Google]
Hickman is a hack.jpg
87 KB, 614x614
Is there a writer in comics who cares less about the continuity established by writers other than himself than Hickman?
>>
>>79007419
Bendis.
>>
>>79007435
Bendis actively shits on the work of other writers, it's different
>>
>>79007440
In that case... whoever wrote Convergence #6, probably Lobdell.
>Supergirl is Red Lantern
>fits in perfectly, everyone likes her
>BFFs 4ever!
>Convergence rolls in, she's afraid of them
Nigger, what?
>>
File: 07UfOIL.jpg (162 KB, 930x1063) Image search: [Google]
07UfOIL.jpg
162 KB, 930x1063
>>
KSD. Thank god she's gone
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.