[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm fucking talentless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Okuyasu 1.png (53 KB, 167x139) Image search: [Google]
Okuyasu 1.png
53 KB, 167x139
So I have this great idea for a story, and I've got a lot of it written out. Now while I'll admit I'm not the best writer, I'm not some dipshit either. But after recently proof reading a part I worked on I realized how much better it would be as a comic and I felt fucking awful because I can't draw for shit, and that in turn makes me less motivated to write. Tips anyone?
Pic related, Jojo is one of the inspirations I used while writing.
>>
File: suprise.png (105 KB, 650x598) Image search: [Google]
suprise.png
105 KB, 650x598
>>78942019

Tell us about your idea in simplest of sentences.
>>
File: 1438752058260.png (238 KB, 217x448) Image search: [Google]
1438752058260.png
238 KB, 217x448
Just hire an artist Okuyasu ya dum dum.
>>
>>78942019
Get someone to draw it for you. You can collaborate and bounce ideas off each other and make sure things make sense.
>>
>>78942019
Learn senpai. If you're totally down with your story then go for it.
>>
1. Make a friend who happens to be a desperate artist and ask them to draw your ideas.
2. Find a desperate artist and pay them to draw your ideas.
3. Learn to draw. "Anyone can cook" and all that.
4. Don't learn to draw, but draw anyway. If you're good enough, people won't care. They might even find it "charming" or whatever.
>>
File: suprise.png (86 KB, 650x598) Image search: [Google]
suprise.png
86 KB, 650x598
>>78942206
>4. Don't learn to draw, but draw anyway. If you're good enough, people won't care. They might even find it "charming" or whatever.

Why is your last option sound like you are a bitter ass critic that hate amateur artists? No offense...
>>
>>78942098
>>78942132
Yeah for real, artists need work. Seek gainful employment and then put aside some tablescraps and it'll be enough to buy an artist's very soul.

Or learn.
>>
>>78942019
I'm very similar, though I think something visual would work better with my writing as it relies heavily on facial expressions, but sadly I'm a drive-less asshole whose still trying to make ends meet every month with work than trying to make my ideas come to life.

It sucks.
>>
>>78942019
Nigga just hire an artist, its what I do. Though I don't have the dosh to constantly pay my guy we usually work stuff out.
>>
Just learn some paneling and visual story telling. You don't have to draw perfect figures and background, or have clean or realistic art.
>>
>>78942019
>Now while I'll admit I'm not the best writer, I'm not some dipshit either
This is hard to believe, because most people who say "I can't draw but I can write!" can't actually do either.
>>
>>78942019
You have three options
>1. find some artist friends to collaborate with. If you don't have any irl, find them on the Internet by being active on different sites (creative forums, writing sites, deviantart, tumblr) - post your stories, comment on other peoples work, have conversations, socialize.
>Tell people you would love to collaborate but don't be the guy that asks everyone for free art.
>when you find someone willing to collaborate, dont whip out a script of LOtR proportions. Start with a short story just a few pages long.
> webcomics work best for collaborations. try to assemble a team of people so that work goes faster.
>when you collaborate you have to be willing to share any recognition or earnings you get, it's best to talk it out beforehand.
>just like soloists in rock bands, the lead artists tend to get the most praise, even when there are four more people working on the project.
>>
>>78949211
>2. Save up enough cash to illustrate a pilot issue, short story. It has to be entertaining as a oneshot but leaves the reader interested in the characters, setting.
> calculate how much money you would need to illustrate the full story, how long it would be.
>pitch it to any publishers, investors, Kickstarter, conventions etc.

>3. Illustrate it yourself, publish it online.
> hope it's good enough to be the next One Punch man.
>>
>>78942019
Just do what ONE did, if your writing really holds up you can make a visually simple version and someone with art skills will offer their services to get on board and adapt it while you practice your art.
That is if your writing really holds up and you're not blowing your own horn.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.