[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jeph Jacques Jeneral
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8
I for one welcome our new anatomically-inept overlords.

>what is a gun?
>>
>>78941489
Nah man, it's clearly just him trying to draw The Patriot.
>>
Nigga, that's clearly a camera.
>>
Is that an attempt at foreshortening?
>>
>>78941489
>Complete lack of implied motion

It's like she's moving in between panels like a weeping angel or something

>Posting Alice Grove
You're doing God's work, anon.
>>
>>78941489
Thumbnail made me think she was wearing a very large and very strange looking bra. Zooming in helped, but not very much.
>>
>>78941489
Why does the gun have tits?
>>
>>78941489

Aww yeah, I fucking love Alice Grove. It's a bizarre tragedy; what Jaques clearly wants to actually do, but can't because he's chained to Questionable Content and the dude's unable to be industrious. Plus, he can never focus on it because QC is where the money is at and AG isn't good enough to keep people's attention.

Dude just wants to make Ghibli movie style comics about being pro - environment in a post catastrophe, anti technology period.

As for the comic; as >>78944268 the lack of implied motion is really disconcerting. Jeph needs to invest in a ruler and possibly some of those circular templates for his mechanical drawing. I am glad for him that he's attempting a more dynamic sense of motion, and considering his lack of poses in QC I'll forgive him for the poor anatomy.
>>
>>78944296
Looks like a C-mag to me, though the gun makes no sense. Maybe some hypervelocity deal, big caseless cartridges and tiny projectiles?
>>
>>78944666
I suck dicks, didn't bother to zoom in. Looks more conventional, just wonder who put internal lighting in the barrel.
>>
>>78941489
Go ask /k/

But it looks like the "artist" drew an airsoft or blank firing Mac 10 with C-Mag looking thing...though in real life a C- mag is a rifle caliber magazine and the mac 10 uses pistol caliber magazines.

In real life none of these would fit together.
>>
File: patriot.jpg (15 KB, 381x193) Image search: [Google]
patriot.jpg
15 KB, 381x193
>>78944694
>>78944666
>>
File: This.gif (1 MB, 400x286) Image search: [Google]
This.gif
1 MB, 400x286
>>78941831
>>
File: DSCF4360.jpg (137 KB, 800x885) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4360.jpg
137 KB, 800x885
>>78944694
>>78944666
>>78944751
>>78944738

Looks like the Patriot to me too.
>>
>>78944738
>Real life

There's your problem.

I can't find the image about adding a larger magazine to a revolver to make it automatic. But you get what I mean.
>>
>>78941489
Find the differences /co/!
>Drab bush in panel 2 left hand side
>Pine tree disappears
>Rock moves in front of the fallen tree
>Fallen tree shrinks
That's all I could find..
>>
Do you remember when every panel in a JJ comic had a background?

good times
>>
>>78944779

So why did he make it look like a cock-and-balls?
>>
>>78946427

In fairness to Geoff Jacks the two top panels do look like they were drawn independently of each other. So at least he's trying.

As for the bottom panel I think a lot of mangas forgo backgrounds in their maximum action - motion line scenes, but here Jackery hasn't done enough line density to justify the lack of background .
>>
File: freud-1.jpg (636 KB, 1412x2000) Image search: [Google]
freud-1.jpg
636 KB, 1412x2000
>>78947294

Tell me about your father, Anon.
>>
>>78947414

He has a tendency to yell obscenities at inanimate objects.
>>
>>78941489
>gun
Drum mag
>>
File: uzi_9mm.jpg (11 KB, 208x150) Image search: [Google]
uzi_9mm.jpg
11 KB, 208x150
>>78947658
maybe something like
>>
>>78947658
Jesus, why!? What's the point of having that many bullets if the extra weight guarantees that you will never hit anything?
>>
>>78949886
It's just some metal and gunpowder, not that heavy. I'm sure you can hold up a 5kg piece of metal in front of you for a while
>>
I swear, his art's getting worse and worse recently.

And is anyone even reading alice grove? I knew haques has a bunch of readers hooked on QC with a "maybe it'll get good next week" premise but I have heard literally no one talk about alice grove.
>>
>>78949940
Not really the point. Yeah, you can hold it, but that weight is going to fuck up your aim, especially in a handgun.
>>
>>78949985
yeah, but how are you going to wield your phallic weapon without a huge set of balls?
>>
>>78949985
added weight generally helps with followup shots
>>
>>78951145
It would help with the recoil for the uzi - >>78947674
But look at the handgun. The drum magazine is at an angle. You'd be fighting gravity in order to keep the barrel level. After a single shot the gun is going to orient itself with the barreling pointing up at a high angle due to the magazine coming to rest on a level plane. And you can't counter-act that quickly since there's no forward position for your hand to hold the barrel down.
>>
>>78949949

I think it's mainly because he's trying things, so we can see how shit he is outside of stock 3/4 angle standing poses.

I read Alice Grove and I try posting about it but it usually gets drowned out by people telling me to take it to the QC thread and then when I do it gets totally ignored because people would rather tall about fucking the trap.

That aside, it's also not very good, but not in a 'has a mass following and associated drama' way, so there's less tertiary discussion to be had.
>>
File: Dracula_Dialogue.png (20 KB, 95x109) Image search: [Google]
Dracula_Dialogue.png
20 KB, 95x109
>>78941489
>what is a gun?

A miserable little pile of metal! But enough talk, have at you!
>>
I looked at his patreon and he's getting only 7500 USD per month. It was not too long ago he was getting 10000 USD monthly.
Looks like people are getting tired of his shenanigans and lack of skills and it took only 12 years.
>>
Can you faggots stop giving the talentless hack exposure?
>>
>>78953019

Technically by posting the comic here he gets less exposure because less people have to go to it directly.

Also, if you think posting on /co/ is helping this reach its target audience you're a fucking idiot.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.