[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
X-Men comics?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: x-men-header.png (608 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
x-men-header.png
608 KB, 640x430
What was the last good X-Men run? Have there been any good ones over the past few years? Bendis's run was dumb, Lemire's current one is mediocre, Cullen Bunn's Uncanny is laughably bad, though his Magneto is decent.
>>
Everything sucks.
>>
Wells New Mutants

inb4 Gillen. It was marred by Land
>>
>>78886964
Uncanny X-Force. All New X-Men was briefly good after AvX
>>
>>78887096
>>78888089

What about Aaron's run? Peter David's All-New X-Factor?
>>
>>78886964
Main books? Gillen, easy. Subpar art doesn't detract from a good run in my opinion, unless it's literally impossible to follow/differentiate characters, like the Capt. Britain arc in UXF.

Ancilliary? A lot of them are good - PAD's X-Factors, Legacy with Legion, Remender's X-Force, etc.
>>
>>78887096
How tumblr is it?
>>
>>78888736
Not at all.
>>
>>78886964
I grew up on Claremont, liked Morrison and Whedon and don't give a crap about anything else.
>>
>>78888426
Aaron sucked so hard he got retconned to hell and back (admittedly, he didn't suck THAT hard as most of his run between "eh" and "mediocre" but he was kind of all over the place) and PAD only handles satellite books.
>>
X-Men has pretty much sucked since the early 90s when Lee managed to get Claremont kicked off the book. Everything since then include Morrison and Whedon have been dull reminders of how good the X-men used to be.

And now that Marvel doesn't want to promote a property that another company owns I figure the XGhetto will get even worse.
>>
>>78886964
Gillen's UXM.
PAD's X-Factor and AN X-Factor.
Well's New Mutants.
Spurrier's X-Men Legacy.
Carey's X-Men Legacy.
The first 12 issues of Aaron's WatXM. #12 was the best ever. It was pretty bad after that.
>>
>>78892608
Have fun living in the past grandpa.
>>
>>78886964
I liked Bendis' X-Men, but I fucking hate Extraordinary. Bleh. So stupid. I'm liking the current All-New X-Men, though.
>>
>>78893414

>he likes WatX

Opinion disregarded
>>
Nothing will ever compare to Claremont in my eyes.
>>
Is any reliable torrent for all of Claremont's work on the X-Men available?
>>
>>78886964
The last one (that we'll have for quite a while it seems) was Spurrier's X-Men Legacy.
Solo adventures of Xavier's insane son.
>>
>>78893457
Because the future looks so good?
>>
>>78893414
Seconded of WaTXM. /co/ doesn't like it because hivemind, but it was pretty promising until it got derailed by AvX. WaTXM's derailing was as bad a NIGHTWING'S in the New 52. Any plot points got shunted and screwed around by tie ins to the events
>>
>>78888089

>ANX was good after AvX
>A year and a third nothing happens with people ocassionally stopping by the mansion.

X-Men Legacy was decent. For main books Messiah Trilogy was great then it went to shit with AvX. Consequesnces was good too.
>>
>>78886964
After House of M most of the books were good up until Schism.

Both of the PAD X-Factor Runs
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.