[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will there ever be a live action Batman who's even remotely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: batman_68653.jpg (22 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
batman_68653.jpg
22 KB, 600x300
Will there ever be a live action Batman who's even remotely as good as Keaton?
>>
Guess we'll find out in March...well no, not really
>>
File: 1310881272310.jpg (126 KB, 699x843) Image search: [Google]
1310881272310.jpg
126 KB, 699x843
>>78876518
>thought the role was stupid
>refused to read the comics they asked him to
>read books about bats instead
>screamed at Jack Nicholson "What the fuck are we doing here? We're grown men!"
>blamed Batman for ruining his career
>sleepwalked through two movies
>/tv/ thread in /co/
>>
>>78877799

Yeah, and he still did a fantastic job. That's what professionalism looks like. You do the job that you're hired to do to the utmost of your ability.
>>
>>78876518
i like what i've seen of batfleck so far.except the gun.what the hell
>>
West, Bale and Kilmer, and with Affleck looking like he'll surpass
>>
>>78876518
I liked Bat Manlet as a kid and i still think he was decent, but that's about it. Gonna go with Affleck on this one. Plus he actually looks like Batman, unlike you know, every other on screen Batman.
>>
>>78881598
Oh and Birdman kicked ass.
>>
>>78876518
Anon, Batman v Superman comes out in March
>>
>>78877799
You're probably one of the children who think Affleck will do better because you have a hrd on for lame shit. How many Batman comics do you think Bruce Wayne has read, faggot? How many books on bats has he read? Quit pretending you know shit about getting into character.
>>
>>78879675
>except the gun.what the hell

It's a sticky bomb gun or something. Non-lethal. Your batfu is untainted. Until Man of Murder shows him how fun killing can be.
>>
>>78881598
You're going to call him a manlet, yet favor a franchise who has a Joker who's 4 inches shorter than Keaton. You're a fucking faggot. a dumb faggot, at that.
>>
>>78882196
huh?, Leto's the same height as Keaton
And TLJ and Ledger were both 6' and 6'1"
>>
>>78876518
Keaton was the worst part of those movies
>>
>>78882196
You triggered, faggot?
>>
>>78876518
I don't recall being particularly impressed by his performance. I saw it for the first time about a year ago though so perhaps the standard for cape performances was lower back then.l
>>
>>78882690
Idk I saw it as a kid and was never impressed with him, and as I've grown up I've still never liked Keaton in either of the two.
>>
>>78882690
Well, pretty much big budget cape preformers were... Christopher Reeve as Superman. And that was it until Keaton in Batman.

So, yeah.

Until Blade came out, The Superman and Batman franchises were all there were.
>>
>>78876518
Imagine the Nolan Batman films with Keaton.

Keaton would have been so at home in that.
>>
>>78877799
Sources? He read TDKR
>>
>>78882627
No, i just don't like gay ass autistic shit. Being one of the only people who's into gay shit shouldn't hurt your feelings so bad, either. Not everybody can be cool. the world needs it's juggalos... I can smell your tears through my keyboard, pussy.
>>
>>78882584
They say that. He's actually 5'5 to 5'6 IRL...
>>
I didn't like his Bruce Wayne that much, but his performance as Batman was the best until Bale. Now I think Batfleck will be the greatest.
>>
>>78876518
Best Batman

Shit Bruce
>>
File: 1447518549197.jpg (181 KB, 756x972) Image search: [Google]
1447518549197.jpg
181 KB, 756x972
>>78889869
>Shit Bruce

Why?

Fuck, i hate this "good Y, bad X" meme, it's the same shit with the Spiderman movies, now i'm just waiting for people to go "Cavill is a good Supes but a shit Clark" or viceversa
>>
>>78876518
Only batman who didn't fuck around and killed people.
Love it
>>
>>78882149
Its seems highly toyetic since he normally just throws batarangs with bombs
>>
>>78890239
Why do you feel that way? Bruce Wayne and Batman are two different personas. There are even two Bruce Wayne's, one is the public playboy-type and the other is the one that closer to who Batman is.

Problem I had with Keaton is that he's socially awkward and a bit of a wuss as Bruce. In my opinion, Bruce should be a suave motherfucker and still have that jock-playboy thing going on. Bale pulled that off, Keaton didn't, but Keaton was more mysterious and aloof as Batman, which I personally liked.
>>
>>78890239
this reaction image has been posted in eight different threads still on the board. you fucking suck man. expand your library
>>
>>78892170
Eh, i've noticed that too, i've only used it here tho

>>78892135
I just noticed that most of the time the argument comes down to "not muh" way too easily, but no disrespect man, i see what you mean
>>
>>78892135
Yeah that's what you get into with characters with multiple personas who act out different roles in different circles on top of that. To split it up further, I felt Keaton had a good 'private' Bruce going, the kind of guy he is when he's just at home with Alfred and ditches the playboy act: all the brooding of Batman but none of the menace.

With a character so old and having been interpreted in so many ways, it really comes down to individual taste and 'not muh' a lot. Ideally we can grab pieces of individual performances and patch them together into one ideal image of the character in our heads.
No two of these images will be exactly alike and I do kind of love that.
>>
>>78893982
I agree completly. I also don't like the "muh" type criticism of various actors who've played batman, or various authors either.

Just like you said, everyone does their own take of a character and that's just fine. Not all of them will be equally good of course, but "muh" arguments really annoy me too.
>>
Ben Affleck
>>
>>78877799

>implying a good actor needs to read the comics
>implying it's not up to the director to specifically tell the actor how to portray the character from his or her vision
>>
MY POWER

MY PLEASURE

MY PAIN
>>
>>78895895
This
>>
>>78876518
I love this image, is what batman is.
>>
>>78895895
>>78897723
This is why he left the role. Because they removed Tim Burton, and Keaton said he liked his direction.
>>
>>78881509
West and Kilmer were great Bruce Waynes at least, the best
>>
>>78883042

I truly believe this. Bale was not a good Batman.
>>
>>78900300
I believe Keaton has said they (he and Burton) wanted to go a similar route with Batman that Nolan took. They wanted to do Year One I believe.

But Keaton in the Nolan films (at the age he was in Batman 1989)? I would kill to get to see that.
>>
>>78889869

How on Earth was he a shit Bruce? He's probably one of the most believable versions of the character out there. It really came across how damaged and disturbed he was, how he could barely talk to or be around other people, and clearly wasn't in his right mind.

I think it fit perfectly with actually BEING Bruce Wayne; someone that NEEDED to put on the costume in order to try to make the world make sense again.
>>
>>78877799
>invented "I'm Batman"
Seriously, he's done more for Batman in pop culture than several writers with full runs.
>>
You mean the guy with the goofy ass mouth?
>>
>>78905686
No, that's Kilmer.
>>
>>78892135
I actually like that his Bruce comes across as this absent minded, kinda foppish guy who is just disconnected from the world by virtue of his excessive wealth as it helps to sell the "there's no way this guy could be Batman!" angle.
>>
>>78877869
So...Spider-Man 3 was not professional?
>>
>>78910561

Christ no.
>>
I want Conroy to portray Bruce in a live action Batman Beyond movie
>>
>>78885746
Yup, you triggered.
>>
>>78877799
You forgot:
>starred in a Best Picture-winning film about how superheroes are stupid
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.