[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Consensus on The Goliath Chronicles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
I thought it was good. Not season 1 or 2 tier, but still good. The only episode I actively disliked was the one where all the clones were dying and Sevarius created a giant gargoyles son. That was odd. And I wan't a huge fan of the Broadway/Angela pairing.

What did you guys think?
>>
Pretty good. I liked the one where Hudson lost his sight and the one with the Ransom of Xanatos Jr.
>>
I liked it better than the comic continuation. Except for what OP said about the clones of course. That was a waste and unnecessary death for Thailog.
>>
It felt much more like a bad saturday morning cartoon than the previous seasons. Didn't care much at the time, but rewatching it there's a noticeable decline
>>
File: SeeingIsn'tBelieving.jpg (55 KB, 720x542) Image search: [Google]
SeeingIsn'tBelieving.jpg
55 KB, 720x542
Good enough. But I remember one episode where the animation was different and it was very distracting.
>>
I know Greg hated it. But I think now he's come to peace with the whole thing.
>>
Why haven't they released this on DVD yet?
>>
At least they gave it an ending.

Greg woild have kept the thing running forever since he can't really cinceive the difference between a satisfying narrative and an ongoing universe.
>>
It was pretty shit. The stories were simplistically written, Xanatos was a full-blown good guy instead of his gray character, the villains had potential but they were written like 80's rejects. It's just a let-down.

>>78876873
satisfying =/= good
>>
>>78876829
Or better yet, iTunes or Netflix.
>>
>>78874537

It could've been better,
>>
File: Griff.jpg (16 KB, 400x310) Image search: [Google]
Griff.jpg
16 KB, 400x310
I want to cum inside Griff.
>>
>>78880066
Why were the London gargoyles like that anyway?
>>
>>78874615
weisman says that's the one he's heard of (hasnt actually watched them) that he likes best.
>>
>>78874866
yeah aladdin had that studio once or twice too. it's funny how different studios can solidly fuck shit up
and that was a Proteus episode too, so.. having everyone look not-themselves DOESNT HELP
>>78876873
fuck endings
>>
>>78880815
some bullshit about a chameleon mutation gene
given that they reproduce barely above replacement levels, it's bullshit. there can be no selection going on
>>
>>78881020
Source?
>>
>>78882029
station8 askgreg
gotta say, i love a lot of what weisman writes, but he needs an editor.. a lot of his ideas are fucking retarded, and he bends over backwards to fuck himself in the ass as penance for being a straight white male
>>
>>78882211
I'm pretty sure he said someone else runs AskGreg.
>>
Does anyone have a copy of the comics to share?
>>
>>78884815
http://s1132.photobucket.com/user/xGumChewingGunnerx/library/Gargoyles%20Clan%20Building?sort=6&page=1
>>
File: 260px-BrooklynPostTimeDancer.jpg (41 KB, 260x406) Image search: [Google]
260px-BrooklynPostTimeDancer.jpg
41 KB, 260x406
>>78884815
The comics were sort of interesting. He did some weird stuff though. Like the end of it has Brookyln become 99% Cable from X-Men.
>>
>>78885149
Yeah. That was cringy. And he was going to make Lex gay too for that Reindeer gargoyle.
>>
>>78874537
anyone liked the Broadway/Angela pairing

I did, I thought it was cute.
>>
>>78885149
>Like the end of it has Brookyln become 99% Cable from X-Men.

That happened on the show

kinda
>>
>>78887402
Not really. He looked like that in the fake future minus the eyepatch and wore an eye patch on Halloween. In the comic he was actually sent in the future, and came back as an old man looking like that with a family.
>>
>>78877847
>Xanatos was a full-blown good guy instead of his gray character
I wouldn't say that. But I felt it made sense as his character had progressed that way.
>>
>>78887278
This and bringing Griff back made me happy. But the comic ending sucked balls.
>>
>>78889707
Why would that make you happy?
>>
I thought it was kind of funny that Macbeth in Gargoyles was more historically accurate than Shakespeare's Macbeth.
>>
>>78880991
>fuck endings

So you would rather the series just continue endlessly? Unless it took the Jojo approach, by that I mean a new cast of characters every part, I don't see it working out well.
>>
>>78889628
No, his development in the comics made sense, where he's still a manipulator, but he never messes with the Gargoyles because he's actually grateful to them.
>>
>>78890144
I think it's more than Gargoyles, like in real life, there won't be a time where all the evil is vanquished and the characters will live the rest of their lives in quiet. There's always another foe or another adventure to be had until they all day.

I think only one of the proposed spin-offs (Gargoyles 2198) actually took place in the future, where everyone but Demona and Coyote is dead.
>>
>>78876829
Cuz 1: sucked, so low ratings.

2: ABC ain't having it.
>>
>>78884815
I have the whole run in CBR format, but check torrents first. No account at file hosting sites, and don't wanna upload separate issues.
>>
>>78885149
I like that they used Stephen Lostimolo from nethersphere.com for art...but after that, she never did any more art of mah waifu Nebkhamet.
>>
>>78887705
Was Timedancer ever produced?
>>
>>78889707
And adding Coco was great. Would fug boar.
>>
>>78887278
Lex was pretty much gay from the start tho
>>
>>78894138
Confirmed by Greg.
>>
>>78893981
Besides the comic, no. Though better as a comic than just an idea floating around.

>>78894138
People were cracking jokes about Lexington being gay before they knew that. It's kinda obvious now when you re-watch the show.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.