[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman Beyond
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: beyond2.jpg (332 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
beyond2.jpg
332 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone have that interview with Bruce Timm on the creation and production of Batman Beyond? Can't find it anywhere.

Also Batman Beyond thread.
>>
>>78874135
i'm pretty sure it was on Fatman on Batman. at least that's where I heard it. I think. Pretty sure. Pretty neat story actually, yknow? that the execs wanted to do something retarded, but had just enough brain cells left to run it past the guys who did batman right
>>
>>78874590
I know that part where WB execs were like "put Batman in school!", I'm talking about an interview I've seen posted a few times just as a series of images. It was pretty in-depth about Return of the Joker's censorship and had a few Timm drawings throughout.
>>
>>78874700
Google "Modern Masters v3: Bruce Timm"
>>
File: beyond3.jpg (710 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
beyond3.jpg
710 KB, 1920x1080
>>78875512
Thank you, Anon!
>>
The Batman Beyond movie Joker is probably the best iteration of the character in cartoon form. At least when it comes down to the design, voice and animation.
>>
File: deedee.gif (128 KB, 600x460) Image search: [Google]
deedee.gif
128 KB, 600x460
Why isn't there already an Arkham Beyond game?

>Will Friedle Terry with Kevin Conroy Bruce talking to you over radio
>Max can be your Oracle maybe, I don't care if she is or not
>Lots more verticality with flying mechanics
>Open-world Neo-Gotham with locations you enter as part of the story
>Cool electronic/rock music like the show

>Frequent enemies are the Jokerz, splicers, petty criminals
>Certain types of splicers could be more difficult enemies
>Villains from the show would obviously serve as boss battles
>Shriek fight where he fucks with sound cues that you've learned through playing to that point
>Spellbinder fight something like Scarecrow levels in Asylum, maybe receiving instruction from Bruce as he can see the reality of the situation
>Inque fight where you need to get her wet somehow
>Mad Stan hostage situation where you can't be detected or he blows some building up
>Jokerz gang from the movie can all fight you at once, Woof obviously having very different attacks than the others, Dee Dee coordinating their attacks, Ghoul being completely useless
>>
If I won the Powerball lottery, I will front the money for a Batman Beyond movie only on the condition that Kevin Conroy plays old Bruce Wayne
>>
>>78876630
eh, the costume was entirely a non-aspect. I get that it had to be something Tim wouldn't notice anything odd about wearing under his clothes but it still detracts from the design
>>
>>78876630
Wouldn't call him the best, but that movie did capture the essence of the characters and what it means to be Batman than most of the other adaptations did
>>
>>78877097
I kind of liked it. It's like Joker's idea of the fashion of "The Future" where everyone wears reflective one-piece jumpsuits. The slicked back hair and red eyes were apparently inspired by Hannibal Lector, or at least so I've heard.

It also helps that they changed his face from TNBA.
>>
>>78874135
How did Beyond get away with all the shit it did? It was way too dark for a Saturday morning cartoon, it was mostly PG-13 in tone and content.
>>
>>78877350
It was made before 9/11. After 9/11, a lot of things in general got anal
>>
>>78877567
Think we could ever get a cartoon like that again? I mean in the first episode we have someone experimenting on humans with nerve gas and killing the MC's father.
>>
>>78877686
Probably not. Beware the Batman didn't even use real guns.
>>
>>78877686
I'm pretty sure that Saturday Morning Cartoon are dead and the internet and youtube has replace cartoon viewers. Hell, my young niece is watching cartoon and random videos in youtube instead of the tv.
>>
>>78877972
Which is weird because it actually did some fucked up shit without needing guns.
>>
>>78876965
seriously. he even has the goddamn chin. this needs to happen
paul dini tried but he just couldnt come to an agreement with WB that they could both enjoy
>>
File: smugster.png (1 MB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
smugster.png
1 MB, 900x900
Been rewatching it. Kinda sad to think we'll probably never get anything of this caliber again (but somehow Spongebob shattering Squidward's toenail in 1080p is A-okay).
>Hooked Up
Great episode, especially coming off of the whole illusory SR crap that Gravity Falls spewed in that last Weirdmageddon episode.
>>
>>78876928
>heavy_breathing.PNG
We include the royal flush gang, Blight, Ace around the mansion, cameos from the justice league, Commissioner Barbara Gordon, and shit. Play as Kevin Conroy Bats in DLC/flashback sequences
>>
File: 525.png (90 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
525.png
90 KB, 300x300
>>78876928
>>Inque fight where you need to get her wet somehow
>>
>>78876965
>Not Clint Eastwood
>>
>>78881360
Why didn't Terry just pee on her?
>>
>>78882022
I can't remember Inque very well but couldn't she have done something funky to his dick ?
>>
>>78882117
She can do something funky to my richard
>>
>>78881360
l-Lewd?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.