[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Leaves Disney with a popular show that is still people want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Cast_alex_hirsch.jpg (40 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Cast_alex_hirsch.jpg
40 KB, 640x360
>Leaves Disney with a popular show that is still people want more of to go to Fox and join the Simpsons-Family Guy fray.

Is this career suicide or a good choice?
>>
Gravity Falls had one good season left, at least, and honestly needed it the way the plot's been rushed.

But he was burnt out and done with Disney, apparently, so staying for it might have been career suicide.
>>
>>78846017
What I don't understand is why Alex Hirsh didn't go to Adult Swim with this new idea. Fox is not known for being a good choice.
>>
>>78846389
adult swim is not exactly known for its brilliantly written programming. He can't risk that rick and morty is a fluke (in terms of being selected for AS)
>>
>>78846017
Why do you keep asking for more?

The show is reaching the conclusion its been building upon for years, i dont eant a spongebob or Adventure Time i want the goat conclusion i was promised and i wana be left satisifed
>>
>>78846123
Yeah no. It was planned to have this many seasons from the start and Disney really wanted more but he said no.
>>
>>78846496
>adult swim is not exactly known for its brilliantly written programming
Pretty much all of their original shows are really good.
>>
File: Tron_Uprising_title_card.png (413 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
Tron_Uprising_title_card.png
413 KB, 500x280
>>78846557
Can you fucking blame him? Better wrap it up while he can, too many shows have died prematurely.
>>
>>78846656
Eh, this season was rushed as fuck though. Rather have the feel of what could have been (Like with Tron Uprising) than shitting out episodes to finish, these last episodes would need to make the rush worth it or why bother.
>>
>is leaving a network where cartoons go to die for a network with the most successful cartoons in history a good idea?

Gee, I wonder.
>>
>>78846017
So his talent will be wasted now, fucking great its just like EA sucking up good company's and destroying there IPs
>>
>>78846788
Pretty much everything that's not the Simpsons or has Seth McFarland's name on it dies though.
>>
>>78846496
Adult Swim has tons of brilliantly written programming.

If anything I'd say it probably doesn't pay as well as Fox
>>
>yfw its a ford dimension jump adventures starring JK simmons
>>
>>78846716
They planned it out like this. This season has been mostly plot and it hasn't really been rushed at all.
>>
>>78847531
Yeah this. Fox kills shows over trivial shit
>>78846496
What I dont get is why he didnt choose adult swim. Hes a fan of R&M and knows the creator an they even have refrences to gravity falls in R&M. So its not like theyd turn him down. Their style of programming just seems a better choice for him than "this show lost two viewers last episode better cancel it"
>>
File: murder_police_a_l.jpg (87 KB, 768x433) Image search: [Google]
murder_police_a_l.jpg
87 KB, 768x433
>>78847531
>>78850985
Hell, a friend of Hirsch and Roiland's had a cartoon at Fox and the bastards have yet to air a single episode of it. That's worse than deathslotting a entire season in the middle of the night.
>>
>>78851155
Didn't Alan Gregory get cancelled after one episode? It's not like that was a good show but still. And I bet Border Town had some episodes made for it but they probably won't ever air them.
>>
>>78846017
He's Jewish enough to swing this in his favor. I hope he doesn't get Murder Police'd.
>>
>>78851155
The entire show is just collecting dust because Fox is being a dog in a manger. I bet they could sell it, maybe even start a bidding war between Comedy Central and Adult Swim. But no, for some reason they hate it and thus it sits.
>>
>>78851155
they don't want netflix to buy it. Every station HAS to hold onto it's stuff or deathslot it.

This is television WAR right now. You don't let anything go or be canceled.
>>
It's either gonna be really really good, or it's gonna be awful, but either way, there will be bitter complaints
>>
>>78847531
Didn't King of the Hill stay on there for 13yrs? Isn't it where Bob's Buger shit comes from?
>>
What I'm not sure about is what kind of show it will be. I love Hirsch, but Gravity Falls isn't exactly a comedy that Fox would air, and it has an overarching plot. Is he going to open the door for more animation for "Adults" to have story arcs?
>>
>>78846496
Adult Swim is full of narcissistic cheap asses that never want to put out shitty cheap stoner cartoons like 12 oz mouse or Assy Mcgee in hopes something will stick, & then cry when their bosses tell them to slap an Inuyasha on the time slot.
>>
>>78852072
>they don't want netflix to buy it.
what?
>>
>>78852577
They figured they would rather have Family Guy & American Dad in KoTH's place.
>>
>>78846557
Nope, lol.
2 whole seasons and a movie. Disney didn't want to invest in a feature length GF movie so Hirsch threw a fit. He wasn't content to do a 3rd instead of a movie.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.