[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/co/ do you use guns? I never use guns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 17
File: Batman.jpg (38 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
Batman.jpg
38 KB, 700x350
/co/ do you use guns?

I never use guns
>>
>>78834107
And you're also directly responsible for thousands of innocent lives lost because you let certified mass murdering psychopaths go wild on the street so you can punch them and have something to masturbate to at night.
>>
>>78834387
>People think it's Batman's job to kill criminals
I hate this meme. It's only his job as much as anyone else in Gotham.
>>
File: Batman2.jpg (92 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Batman2.jpg
92 KB, 1280x800
>>78834387
I still never use guns
>>
>>78834434

Of course it's not his job, he does it for free.
>>
>>78834387
>hurrr murder solves crime
why are so many batfags republicans? i mean yeah batman's a pretty shitty force for justice but at least he has the mercy to understand that even someone like the joker is better left alive and can change. even if he is truly wrong, it's a more progressive philosophy than "kill or be killed" and with batman's anger, going murderous would probably lead him down the same path as the villains he's trying to stop
>>
File: Batman_with_a_gun.jpg (26 KB, 320x359) Image search: [Google]
Batman_with_a_gun.jpg
26 KB, 320x359
>>
>>78834107
>>78834474
>i don't read comics

Back to /tv/ with you.
>>
>>78834641
>the mercy to understand that even someone like the joker is better left alive and can change
Is this bait? I can't tell anymore.
>>
File: batmanhasagun.jpg (177 KB, 1333x617) Image search: [Google]
batmanhasagun.jpg
177 KB, 1333x617
>>
>>78834641
>progressive philosophy
Why tho
>>
File: batmanlovesguns.jpg (116 KB, 620x500) Image search: [Google]
batmanlovesguns.jpg
116 KB, 620x500
>>
File: batman_gun.jpg (89 KB, 600x564) Image search: [Google]
batman_gun.jpg
89 KB, 600x564
>>
>>78834728
because batman's supposed to be a force for good in a corrupt system
>>
>>78834434
How many villains has Flash killed?
>>
>>78834641

Life objectively has no intrinsic value.

We only mourn the loss of a potentially good person. Mathematically it makes no sense to spare those with less chance to become good like the joker but condemn his certain victims. He's just really due for a late abortion.
>>
>>
>>78834765
But why is it progressive? You can't just say something is progressive and be done with it.
>>
File: batman_blam_gun.jpg (70 KB, 384x400) Image search: [Google]
batman_blam_gun.jpg
70 KB, 384x400
>>
File: batmangunman.jpg (320 KB, 959x1424) Image search: [Google]
batmangunman.jpg
320 KB, 959x1424
>>
>>
>>78834107
>I never use guns
Yeah, you do. It's called a grapling gun. It may not have bullets but it's still called a gun.
>>
>>
File: batman-shooting-someone.jpg (110 KB, 219x273) Image search: [Google]
batman-shooting-someone.jpg
110 KB, 219x273
>>
>>78834781
>Life objectively has no intrinsic value.
wtf if you actually believed this than why would you want joker dead as penance for all the lives he's taken? it's almost like you actually think they have intrinsic value. typical nihilist, making zero sense
>>78834798
he understands that even the lives of murderers have intrinsic value and that just putting them out doesn't actually solve anything or get society anywhere closer to what makes people murderous in the first place. even if his solution is beating the shit out of people
>>
>Covers every vehicle he owns in weaponry anyways
>>
>>78834679
What era was this in reference to, anyway?
>>
File: Batman and Booster Gold.jpg (1013 KB, 1856x2818) Image search: [Google]
Batman and Booster Gold.jpg
1013 KB, 1856x2818
>>78834679
>purple gloves
my nigga
>>
>>78834772
Isnt Flash a cop technically? He should be killing people
>>
>>78834955
Vampires arn't people
>>
Batman is a psychopath. He really is no better than the villains he hunts down. Don't expect too much of him.
>>
>>78835126
i think he got the whole vampire/werewolf kill strategies thing mixed up
>>
>>78834993
>it's almost like you actually think they have intrinsic value

Their value is not intrinsic, it is determinable.

It's the lives of people less destructive than him, that can work, have families and be less prone to evil.
>>
>>78835045
Golden Age, man. Finger and Kane's era.
>>
>>78835174
Silver doesnt work on Vampires?
>>
>>78834107
You do in Batman: Odyssey. Maybe because Neal Adams might be crazier than The Joker.
>>
>>78835202
i thought that was a werewolf thing
>>
>>78834107
you use a grenade launcher and a scoped rifle in your next movie and have another grenade launcher mounted on the tank you drive, you've had guns in your car since 1989, and you shot your own parents in an alleyway as part of a cockamamie time travel plan to create the perfect crimefighter
>>
>>78835214
>might be
>>
>>78834781
a human life is worth between six millions and nine million dollars, depending on if you're asking the Department of Transportation, the Food and Drug Administration, the Environmental Protection Agency, or an assassin
>>
>>78834772
None, Zoom killed them all.
>>
File: 1442283250524.jpg (1 MB, 2292x3056) Image search: [Google]
1442283250524.jpg
1 MB, 2292x3056
>>78835219
I think it goes for both
>>
>>78835239
Yeah, you're right, Neal is definitely off his fucking nut.
>>
>>78834781
Most people would disagree, faggot. And even if that were true, how is it BATMAN'S job to do the executing, and not the state's? More than anything else, Batman defines crime in his mind as murder. It's the single traumatizing event that defines him as Batman. That's why Bill Finger had him stop killing after his first few appearances, years before the CCA was a thing - it was because it didn't make sense for someone who saw his parents gunned down in front of him as a kid to be a triggerhappy murderer.

>>78834798
Because not wanting to murder people is generally seen as progress towards a better society, but we have to deal with fucks you.
>>
>>78835293
>it didn't make sense for someone who saw his parents gunned down in front of him as a kid to be a triggerhappy murderer.
ur stupid
>>
>>78835178
Joker met all three of those criteria at at least one point in his life - at least, if that story arc where he was temporarily cured is still canon.
>>
>>78835247

The life of some serf tax payer maybe. How much is Obama's? El Chapo's?

The cost of manslaughter seldom equates with the price of proper upbringing, education and the net productivity of a lifetime.
>>
>>78835356
Well, it might make sense if Batman was supposed to be a fucking gothic tragedy like some people make him out to be, but it's not. It's a fucking superhero story. So instead, he makes a clear decision that he wants to be like his father, who saved lives, and not like the man who murdered him. They did a whole story about it even back in the Golden Age, when he finally found Joe Chill.
>>
>>78835293

Batman saved the jokers' life countless times, all he had to do was NOT ensure his survival any more than he does the ones of others. He prevents and obstructs justice.
>>
>>78835178
there's more to people's value than their economic value. we created those systems, they didn't create us. and if we want to maintain them and really evolve, we have to recognize what can make someone like the joker and how to change people like him. "evil" is just a cartoon fear word so republicans won't see the consequences of their philosophy beyond their animalistic thirst for blood

alright i'm going to stop bringing real life philosophy into trite superhero comics now.
>>
>>78835092
He's a CSI, not exactly an armed officer.

>>78835258
That's what Zoom wants you to think.
>>
>>78835473
well yeah the comic has to keep going

batman just murdering every villain would make for a pretty weird ending though
>>
>>78835595

Economic value reflects quality of life better than feelings. We want to provide the best to everyone, that begins by doing it efficiently.
>>
>>78835403
El Chapo never paid taxes in his life and his business interests are necessarily clouded by their nature, so if anything his worth is lower than the average.

Obama's life value depends on whether you cost the operations of the various agencies tasked with protecting him or not, but then those same agencies also have duties to average taxpayers that aren't included in the DoT, FDA, or EPA estimates because they're not from that budget, and an assassin charges whatever a target's worth is at that time in their life, not what the sum total of investment in them has been - in the UK in 2014, a study found the cost of a killing to average £15,000, based on a few dozen killings over a 4 decade period. In USD today, that's something like $22,000, but for the US it may actually be on the high side - guns are easier to come by, especially unmarked weapons, and the cost of living is lower in certain respects. Either way, it's not going to add a significant amount to the value that life has already attracted by way of investment.

While you might expect that killing a US president would be more expensive than killing the average US citizen, there are two examples of this happening for free (or at least, for the cost of the bullets and transportation for the assassin) in the past. Ultimately, killing a president would be a matter of getting into the right place at the right time, regardless of the protections afforded to the office. Having an armored motorcade doesn't make you any less mortal.
>>
>>78835632
Why not make new villains? Be creative and original?
>>
>>78835652
>he thinks the business of comic books producers is to be creative and original
>>
>>78835638
yeah so your solution is to just murder the ones who dont fit without any understanding for why they are the way they are and how to prevent them from doing harm in the first place.

murdering a murderer doesn't fix what they've already done. if anything these people need to be studied and possibly changed instead of just being forfeit from life entirely like that's the more progressive of the two scenarios and doesn't accomplish literally nothing that the former can't accomplish more of

but just a reminder that all of this talk is based on a person that doesn't even exist in real life. if we're to judge the joker's right to life in the context of the batman universe than he's staying alive because batman needs shit to do and the comics need to keep making money off marketable characters. that's all there is to it.
>>
>>78835632
Killing off almost every antagonist in their first appearance seems to work out pretty well for Frank Castle.
>>
>>78835792

Murdering a muderer caught doesn't do anything

Murdering a genocidal terrorist that has empirically been proven to be uncontainable does.
>>
>>78834107
theyre too heavy and prohibited in too many places. and too expensive. oh and too loud. otherwise guns are awesome and I would have one.
>>78835792
i'm all for opening up their skulls and figuring out what's wrong with them. but as long as they have 'rights' we have no choice but to kill them. it's not murder if it's a murderer. just like it's not theft to confiscate stolen property
>>
File: the shadow.jpg (560 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
the shadow.jpg
560 KB, 800x600
>>78834107

All i wanted was a son that uses guns, you are a complete disappointment.
>>
>>78836727
>it's not murder if it's a murderer
yes it is. your sociopathic "people = artificial land/object ownership barriers" doesn't work for me
>>
File: PALADIN.jpg (141 KB, 893x768) Image search: [Google]
PALADIN.jpg
141 KB, 893x768
Fuck Batman

Paladin is better.
>>
>>78834107
> shoots Batman in the head

> bullet ricochets on plot armor and kills me
>>
>>78836915
wut?
a murderer loses the right to live. that's how rights work.
>>
>>78836996
So this is what would have happened if Bruce grew up on Have Gun Will Travel instead of Zorro?
>>
>>78834788
Batman used to a be a bloodthirsty murderer.
>>
>>78834387
Because its not his job to kill, its the justice system
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.