[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Catscratch weird hidden message
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1450749505136.jpg (113 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1450749505136.jpg
113 KB, 1024x768
I know you guys probably don't care, but I shit you not, there's an episode of this show that has some sort of subliminal message. It's called "Scaredy Cat", it's the Halloween one with the aliens.

At the scene where they're in space, Gordon talks to his brothers about how evil has come to cocoon them on Halloween. While this is happening, a small picture of Hovis dressed up as a rabbit (this was a scene in another episode, surprisingly) pops up for a few seconds. It's really odd and random.

Can someone pull up a link to this episode? Somebody try screencaping this part.
>>
>>78823249
These character designs just get uglier and uglier with age
>>
>>78823249
I looked at an episode link on YouTube and the message isn't here. Maybe they scrubbed it out of later airings or something.
>>
>>78823270
I like them still, they are better moving then the OP pic admittingly
>>
File: 1396380564618.gif (646 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1396380564618.gif
646 KB, 320x240
>>78823300
Seems like it was just an error. If there was subliminal messages it would be a cross or something not a clip from another episode.
>>
>>78823249
>what is comic relief
>>
>>78823359
It wasn't a clip from another episode, it was more like a still from another episode.

It was fucking weird.
>>
>>78823249
SPOOKY
>>
>>78823249
This looks like a job for /x/, OP.
>>
>>78823369
>>78823389
I'm not lying about this. It was on the episode back when I saw it on TurboNick, but when I saw a more recent rip from Nicktoons Network, it wasn't there.

Here's proof that it exists:
http://www.tv.com/shows/catscratch/forums/subliminal-message-in-scaredy-cat-20036-199391/
>>
File: wak.webm (88 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
wak.webm
88 KB, 480x360
>>78823249
>subliminal messages in a children's cartoon

there is no subliminal messaging in children's cartoons
>>
>>78823368
>it was more like a still from another episode.
So, it was a quick freeze framed flashback? How nostalgic.
>>
>>78823359
>If there was subliminal messages it would be a cross or something not a clip from another episode.
I dunno, using a meaningless image from another episode reminds me of The Young Ones, where they had "subliminal" freeze frames of totally mundane images. You'd see something flash onscreen & get excited because you thought it was a hidden message or something, then when you went back and paused it, it'd turn out to be a stock footage frame of a faucet or something.
Wouldn't surprise me if this was meant to be a similar joke: you see a 1-frame easter egg, assume it's something special, then it turns out it's just a recycled image from an old episode. Sounds like something they'd throw into a Halloween episode, as a parody of subliminal messages.
>>
>>78823270
For an 00's show, you could do a whole lot worse
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.