[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>YOU DON'T GIVE UP DO YOU >..NOPE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10
File: CQinBkDWsAAjVgM.jpg (63 KB, 600x902) Image search: [Google]
CQinBkDWsAAjVgM.jpg
63 KB, 600x902
>YOU DON'T GIVE UP DO YOU
>..NOPE
>>
Character defining moments thread?
>>
File: widow_nvr6zs5FNR1tlgqkgo1_500.gif (2 MB, 500x180) Image search: [Google]
widow_nvr6zs5FNR1tlgqkgo1_500.gif
2 MB, 500x180
>Was that your first kiss since 1945?
>That bad huh?
>I didn't say that.
>Well, it kind of sounds like that's what you're saying.
>No, I Uhm, didn't. I just wondered how much practice you had.
>I don't need practice.
>Everybody needs practice.
>It was not my first kiss since 1945. I'm ninety-five, I'm not dead.
>>
File: civil war.jpg (54 KB, 682x701) Image search: [Google]
civil war.jpg
54 KB, 682x701
>>
>>78798603
>>Everybody needs practice.

Th-that's not true, is it?
>>
File: tasha.gif (1 MB, 245x160) Image search: [Google]
tasha.gif
1 MB, 245x160
>>78798742
Yes
>>
>>78798781
Still a better ship than Banner/Widow.
>>
>>78798700
For anyone that's read the backstory of Finn, that Stormtrooper is "Nines"
>>
>>78798742
>not practicing on your pillow
HA, I'm NOT the biggest loser! Right guys?
>>
>>78798829
>Fives had a kid called Sixes, had akid called sevens had a kid called eights, had a kid who ran away and became TR-8R the hero we need.
>>
>>78798829
not anymore
>>
>>78798821
That's a pretty low bar to clear.
>>
File: 0000000fng2e8t1ti3kvso1_500.gif (890 KB, 500x221) Image search: [Google]
0000000fng2e8t1ti3kvso1_500.gif
890 KB, 500x221
>>78797674

>What makes you so special?
>Nothin', I'm just a kid from Brooklyn.
>>
Is there and edit of "do it for her" with Steve? Can I request it please?
>>
>>78797674
>Is this a test? I don't want to kill anyone. I just don't like bullies. I don't care where their from.
>>
>>78798700
The fact that this meme took off really fucking blows my mind. Like they tried to set up Phasma as the new Boba Fett - as in, does absolutely nothing and is popular anyway. But it completely failed and instead we get this glorious guy who tried spinning, cause that's a good trick.
>>
>>78798603
need to be friends with benefits
>>
>>78798603
>>78798781
Evans said that this scene felt weird because kissing Scarlet felt like kissing his sister.
>>
>>78804251
Hot
>>
>>78802315
Well Fett gets to follow Han, Leia and co to Cloud City when the Empire loses them, he talks back at Vader, engages in a firefight and gets away with carbonite Han.

He also looked like a badass in Jabba's palace up until the point blind Han accidentally takes him down.

Phasma didn't do shit and gets thrown into the trash, of course she failed to become popular.
>>
>>78802315
Boba Fett's popularity was unintentional right? Phasma replacing him seemed too intentional for it to work. It's probably why TR8-8R took off.
>>
>>78804712
what I didnt understand was why wasnt she the one carrying the stun baton thingy.
>>
>>78805212
That guy got a hole the size of a basketball shot in him. Phasma needs to live for JJ's plans
>>
>>78804476
>Well Fett gets to follow Han, Leia and co to Cloud City when the Empire loses them

This is really his only credit.

>he talks back at Vader
I think just about any bounty hunter would. They're not subject to imperial behavioral regulation and protocol.

>engages in a firefight and gets away with carbonite Han.

Luke never shot back. It was hardly a firefight.

>>78804712
>Boba Fett's popularity was unintentional right?

Largely every badguy's popularity in the OT was unintentional. According to Lucas anyways.
>>
>>78805323
then dont have him shot? not a lethal one at least
>>
>>78805323
>Phasma needs to live for JJ's plans

But JJ is done with Star Wars, thankfully. As far as I know he has nothing to do with upcoming films.
>>
>>78805458
I think JJ wanted someone to be blown to shit by Chewy's blaster to make it more impressive when Kylo-Ren just walks it off.
>>
>>78798603
>>78798781

Nothing stands out more than a plain black baseball cap with no logo. Any time I see one I just assume the guy wearing it is in disguise.
>>
>>78805501
He's producing and has written/defined the overall structure for the next two.

>>78805552
Then shoot someone else entirely. It's not that time consuming of an addition.
>>
>>78805607
TR-8R WAS that addition. He was made to die. Like everyone else says, it was entirely unintentional for him to become so popular.
>>
>>78805724
>This door is two high
>I'll build a window with stairs next to it.

This is how retarded that decision was.
>>
>>78805446
Fett's backtalk really is somewhat noteworthy because Vader specifically stops and points at him before very emphatically saying "No disintegrations," which implies he's NOT a bounty hunter who fucks around. Not to mention Vader's been Force-choking the piss out of everybody who looks at him funny all movie long, and Fett still gives him lip.
>>
>>78805323
She was stuck in the trash compactor of a base on a planet that turned into the sun. Think she might be dead
>>
File: shrug.jpg (23 KB, 500x310) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
23 KB, 500x310
>>78805835
It's the only thing that makes sense given how everything plays out. Would've been better if it was Phasma though. Showcases her as competent yet gives her an excuse as to why she just backs down when Finn and Han show up; still recovering from the blaster wound
>>
File: Red_Skull_002.jpg (137 KB, 1500x996) Image search: [Google]
Red_Skull_002.jpg
137 KB, 1500x996
>You could have the power of the gods! Yet you wear a flag on your chest and think you fight a battle of nations! I have seen the future, Captain! There are no flags!

>Not my future!
>>
>>78806037
This and the pacman sequence were honestly my only complaints about the movie. Everything else had some other problems but nothing I wasn't expecting.
>>
>>78806015
I'm pretty sure her actress is confirmed to be in the Episode VIII cast.

But so is Harrison Ford, apparently.
>>
File: MaulChickenCyborg.jpg (65 KB, 824x696) Image search: [Google]
MaulChickenCyborg.jpg
65 KB, 824x696
>>78806189
They should make him a cyborg
>>
>>78806008
>Vader specifically stops and points at him before very emphatically saying "No disintegrations," which implies he's NOT a bounty hunter who fucks around

No, he stopped and told him that BECAUSE he fucks around. Boba is notably a trigger happy asshole who kills people when he really doesn't need to.

>Not to mention Vader's been Force-choking the piss out of everybody who looks at him funny all movie long

Which were imperial officers who fucked up. Once again, bounty hunters aren't subject to the kind of shit Vader inflicts on his subordinates.
>>
>>78806264
Getting stabbed through the heart is a bit tougher to come back from that losing your legs, I'd imagine.
>>
>>78806275
The point was that Boba was not hesitant to use lethal force, making him a dangerous person to deal with.
>>
>>78806351

No, the point was to try and paint Boba as some super competent badass. Which he isn't.
>>
>>78806275
>Boba is notably a trigger happy asshole who kills people when he really doesn't need to.

Sure, but if you're watching The Empire Strikes Back for the first time in 1980 or whenever, you don't know that. Taken by itself, the line just makes him sound extra tough and ruthless. Although in fairness, I'm not sure exactly when Boba Fett's popularity really started picking up steam or how much EU material fed into it.

>bounty hunters aren't subject to the kind of shit Vader inflicts on his subordinates

Yeah, stuff like that is why bounty hunters in general are usually popular, Boba just got the most attention because he has the most screen time.
>>
>>78805446
Vader didn't a shit about regulation and protocol. Anybody who so much as answered him in a tone he didn't like, he'd kill them. Force choke him like he was crushing ant.

Boba Fett gave Vader lip and Vader didn't do anything about it. After how ever long it took Vader's fleet and a bunch bounty hunters to fail in their search for the Falcon, Boba Fett finds them like it was nothing.
>>
>>78802315
>cause that's a good trick.
I've been conditioned to laugh at this every time I see it.
>>
File: 1418960822520.jpg (33 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1418960822520.jpg
33 KB, 720x540
>>78806608
>>
>>78805446
>I think just about any bounty hunter would. They're not subject to imperial behavioral regulation and protocol.

Few people have the cojones to backtalk Vader he has a reputation outside of the Empire.

>Luke never shot back. It was hardly a firefight.
Whatever it was he was fighting.
>>
>>78806264
Who actually wanted Maul back, and why? He had a few throwaway lines and one drawn-out fight scene that's actually boring to go back to. Dude was the Dark Side equivalent of that one screamy sword guy from Raiders of the Lost Ark except Indy wasn't there to just shoot him.
>>
>>78806851
He had a bunch of EU stories elaborating on him, so the interest was there
>>
>>78804251
Reminds me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRmH-caZqBg
>>
>>78802315
The same thing happened in the Pokémon Fandom. In Gen 4 there was a mon named Lucario who bacame really popular despite not doing anything important in the story. For Gen 5 Nintendo tried to make a discount Lucario named Zoroark and pumped him out everywhere and tried to make him story relevant, yet it never took off and a completely different guy named Scrafty became the cool one instead.

Sometimes it's hard to recreate the same popularity a second time, especially if you try to make it too similar.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.