[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, what are the good Marvel games? Any console is fine. All
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
So, what are the good Marvel games? Any console is fine.

All I own are Pic related, Silver Surfer on NES, Spider-man vs the Kingpin on Sega CD and I think "Captain America and The Avengers" on NES
>>
>>78785360
Punisher arcade is fantastic. Marvel vs. Capcom series is also excellent.
>>
>>78785404

Oh yeah, I forgot to include MvC.

I won every MvC game, SFvsX-Men, and Children of the Atom.

Punisher Arcade is on my list, but the genesis version is a little expensive.
>>
X-Men Legends 2 and first Marvel Ultimate Alliance are my personal favourites.
Ultimate Spider-Man, Friend or Foe (I liked it, I don't care how kiddy it is.) and X-Men Origins Wolverine are pretty good.
>>
File: 37588-Spider-Man_[NTSC-U]-1.jpg (55 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
37588-Spider-Man_[NTSC-U]-1.jpg
55 KB, 500x496
This is the objectively, undisputed best Marvel video game ever created. The sequel is very underrated as well.
>>
>>78785578
I wish PC had a working version.
You know, the one that allows you to websling on any difficulty that isn't the easiest and doesn't glitch on the Scorpion level.
>>
>>78785360
All the capcom ones
>>
Spider-Man Cartoon maker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfdEPaK5pWk
>>
Spider-Man 2 was fantastic.

I really wish Treyarch and Disney could work out some sort of deal because I've yet to play a Spidey game that I enjoyed as much as I enjoyed this one.
>>
spider man 2 was rad as fuck
>>
X-men Arcade by Konami.

X-men Legends series.

Wolverine Origins

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

List of decent Spider-man games: games based on Spider-man TAS (Spider-man and Spider-man: Enter Electro), Spider-man games based on Raimi's movies (Spider-man and Spider-man 2, avoid 3), Ultimate Spider-man, Spider-man Shattered Dimensions, Spider-man Web of Shadows (very underrated, but very flawed).

Thor game based on the movie for Nintendo DS. By fucking WayForward.
>>
File: ohmprofile.jpg (9 KB, 167x174) Image search: [Google]
ohmprofile.jpg
9 KB, 167x174
My personal faves besides what u listed are Ult. Spider-Man, all the Raven RPGs (x-men legends 1&2, ult. alliance), Marvel Nemesis (fuck the haters, its such a good mindless slugfest game), Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, Spider-Man: Maximum Carnage and Seperation anxiety on Sega Genesis, and the GBA Spider-Man: Mysterio's Menace (crap graphics but a really fun platformer when i was like ten). I've also got X-Men 2: Clone Wars on genesis but i haven't put much time into that one
>>
i played a fuckton of mysterios menace for gba as a kid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjtCAf-0zCE
>>
>>78785736
>avoid 3
This. That game is everything wrong with QTE.
>>
File: GLORIOUS.jpg (74 KB, 849x1080) Image search: [Google]
GLORIOUS.jpg
74 KB, 849x1080
>>78785789
My fuckin mugga. 10/10 childhood taste
>>
The Deadpool game is fun for some run n gunning and hack n slashing
>>
Is Watchmen: End is Nigh any good?
>>
Forgot to mention X-men 2: Clone Wars for Genesis with god tier soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcdWUgNVxPE

And another Wolverine game that's actually better than the movie. Like, seriously, this gem is so underrated.
>>
>>78785965
Yes, but only for the first 20 or 30 minutes you play it. Then it gets really REALLY repetitive.
>>
>>78785965
I've never finished it, played like half an hour. Seemed like a mediocre beat'em'up, might be fun with friend.
>>
>>78785979
I loved Official Game, even though Iceman sections sucked. Nightcrawler was awesome, though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxT72_h1FxM

Now that I remember good games based on movies, the Ang Lee's Hulk videogame tie-in was also lots of fun.
>>
>>78785979
this game was awesome in its very own regard.
it totally deserved a sequel.
>>
YOU WILL BE THE ONE ESCAPING!
>>
>>78785987
>>78786040
Good to know. Thanks anons.
>>
File: generateSize.jpg (325 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
generateSize.jpg
325 KB, 1920x1080
>>78786052
oh shit, now that you mention hulk games, what about the GOAT? Still got mine on PS2
>>
>>78785979
>that Apocalypse boss-fight
Fucking scourge of my childhood.
>>
Spider-Man 2 and Ultimate Spider-Man are not only the best Marvel games, but two of the most fun games I've ever played.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine was surprisingly really good for a licensed game adaptation of a shit movie.
>>
>>78785518
GENESIS VERSION SUCKS! DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!
>>
SNES Spider-Man game based on 90s TAS was great. NES was cool too, but I preferred SNES one.
>>
>>78787944
Forgot video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOMHjueQI2Y
>>
>No one mentions Marvel Heroes - War of Gems from the SNES

I'll punch all of you
>>
Oh, and speaking of SNES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9qaDgx2Xu8
Best BTAS game, People say NES version of the same game is good, but it just makes me feel epileptic.
>>
>>78785360
Xmen Origins Wolverine: Uncaged Edition. Play it, go play it right now, its the Wolverine in all of its gory glory.
>>
>>78786052
That looks like fun. Also, I was wondering how a teleportation game would work and this answered it for me. I like what I see.
>>
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 & 3 are good honorable mentions.
>>
>>78785914
I found it to be pretty boring as a game. Plus it's better played without any sound.
>>
>>78785360
Ultimate Spider-Man for the PS2 is GOAT
>>
>>78787645
tfw piledriving baddies into the pavement from the top of a skyscraper
>>
Anyone plays games today or just remembers what were good and posts itt?
>>
>>78790539
>PC port is terrible kiddy shit that's nothing like PS2 game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWbe6BbICiE
At least you can throw Shocker or any enemy with electric weapons in the river and pretend they got electrocuted to death in Ultimate Spider-Man.
>>
>>78791510
PC has a better Mysterio and even Puma
>>
>>78791568
True, but the game itself is pretty lackluster and was so short I finished it in a matter of hours.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.