[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gunnerkrigg Court
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 15
File: 00001614.jpg (127 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
00001614.jpg
127 KB, 600x849
>Where have I seen this guy before?
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/
>>
SNIIIIIIIIITCH!
>>
Someone make it blushing and also tan.
>>
>"Robot is gay.
>"Someone must tell them!"
>>
>>78655604
He's off to post lewds on /hm/
>>
>>78655756
>HAHA Time to CLANK,jpg
>>
So? Where HAVE we seen this guy before?

If it's just from in a crowd of robots, I'm going to be pissed. Spoonfeed me, /co/.
>>
File: 00000742.jpg (155 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
00000742.jpg
155 KB, 600x849
>>78655801
He operated the ether station back in Spring Heeled.
>>
>>78655801
Badgebot is what we've been calling him. He and Juliette took control of the power station after Jack activated it during Spring Heeled. The badge, a horizontal line with two dots underneath, signifies some rank in Gunnerkrigg Court, and is also worn by the aforementioned Juliette, Shell, and Aata. Possibly the Court's secret police.
>>
>>78655604
>still on Namek
>>
File: 1399765849054.png (148 KB, 517x387) Image search: [Google]
1399765849054.png
148 KB, 517x387
>>78656095
Not everything that takes a while is Namek you know. And even if it is, it's not that bad.
>>
>>78655604

Sooo... this is a toss-up between him telling his Court superiors, or him wanting some flesh-bot hand action to share with Juliette. It can be hard to tell sometimes.
>>
>focusing on mythical creatures and robots nonreal romance instead of developing the REAL homosexual romance of Kat and Paz
Tom, what are you doing? No seriously, what are you doing? This isn't real. No one cares about this. You have a perfect gay relationship you could be exploring with ACTUAL human people that actually means something.
>inb4 rob it's love is real and the same level as regular gay lovers
That's like saying Bizzro and Space Aliens equals diversity. SPOILER! It doesn't. It doesn't count. REAL diversity is about exploring the progressive romances of ACTUAL human beings. Not robots or furries or othe creatures. And if you disagree than you're wrong.
>>
>>78656228
I hope you got it cause that sounds like an interesting development.
>>
>>78656244
Fuck you sperglord, Paz is boring as fuck, this "real, gay" relationship is forced and pretty 1-dimensional, and you are like the single, miserable sack of shit that doesnt like the fantasy/sci-fi elements in a fantasy/sci-fi comics.

"Ironically" shill harder for goonish or roomies or whatever the fuck dull Muh ~~Biracial Intersectional~~ Lesbo comic (tm) and then fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>78655604
this is still going? damn, I haven't read this (or sluggy freelance and two kinds) in like forever...
>>
>>78656370
I wonder if the tiger is still pregnant.
>>
>>78656356
Paz is great though and her relationship with Kat is one of the best ideas he's ever had. And yet he barey does anything with their relationship. It could lead to new progressive areas. Tom has gold in his hands but does nothing with it.
Instead he focus on a boring fake romance between a toaster and a shadow. And I'm sorry but they're love is about as deep as humphries Our Love is Real (which isn't deep. Just weird and pathetic).
Art needs REAL diversity. Actual LGBT and Minorities. Not aliens or fairies or robots with rainbow skin disguised as fake love. That's not progress.
>>
>>78656244
Why does it matter whether they are human or not?
>>
>>78656444
Perhaps he could focus more on the main pair. That doesn't mean that no other relationships are allowed to exist within the story.

And sentient beings are sentient beings, why is it "less real" if they aren't humans? Fiction is fiction.
>>
>>78656481
Because it doesn't count if they aren't human. Robots, Furries, Fairies, Aliens, ect are not good substitutes for actual minorities and LGBT when you are trying to show how progressive you are.
>Yeah! My webcomic is totally progressive! I have a Blue-Skinned person and a shark in love with a spoon! That's totally the same as having different races and gender identities right?
>>
>>78656519
So if Kat and Paz were turned into frog people, would their relationship no longer be valid?

If Robot and Shadow were human, would their relationship suddenly be more okay?

Why does it matter whether they are human or nonhuman? Its already a clearly fantastical fictional story.
>>
>And sentient beings are sentient beings, why is it "less real" if they aren't humans? Fiction is fiction.
This is the dumbest comment ever.
It's like saying planet of the apes has the most people of color. Or that Grouchy Smurf and Green M&M is the most progressive romance in history.
>>
>>78656552
What
>>
>>78656545
>So if Kat and Paz were turned into frog people, would their relationship no longer be valid?
It wouldn't be progressive, impactfull, or important.
>If Robot and Shadow were human, would their relationship suddenly be more okay?
It would mean much more, relate to a larger demographic, be more progressive. and inspire more people.
>>
>>78656588
What if its not meant to be "inspiring" or "progressive"?
What if its just meant to be a relationship in a story and you are just reading too much into it?
>>
>>78656444
>It could lead to new progressive areas.
>progressive
No.

It's just a relationship between two girls. Despite feminism's attempt to pretend otherwise, this has not been progressive for decades. Pretending it's something NEW and DANGEROUS is nothing short of absolutely repulsive in fiction.
>>
>>78656606
Except it is progressive.
Most protagonist relationships in media always boring heterosexual romances and lead being white males.
Seeing LGBT romances in media and more minorities is very progressive and is still new considering how many creators either are afraid or don't care about it. Which is why stuff like Star Wars and Apollo Creed are trend setters.
>>78656605
Then it's boring writing.
>>
File: reconsider.jpg (43 KB, 360x300) Image search: [Google]
reconsider.jpg
43 KB, 360x300
>All these people responding to a troll.
>>
>>78656654
>A story has to be progressive or else its just boring.

Welp, I guess you don't like very many stories then
>>
>>78656661
I can't help myself
I probably should just go to bed.
>>
>>78656661
It's just /vp/ being Butthurt that their furry nonhuman relationships aren't progressive and /pol/ being Butthurt that not everyone is a bigot like them.
>>
>>78656654
>Most protagonist relationships in media always boring heterosexual romances and lead being white males.
This is because globally gays and the ilk are hardly even a percentage point let alone media relevant.
Also whites aren't globally common protagonists just in white countries, which is absolutely fine.
I hope you enjoy your impotent rage, fag. I'll be here watching the pendulum swing back on you with a smile.
>>
>>78656661
>>78656701
See >>78656704, /pol/ being /pol/
>>
>>78656704

>still using the demographics bullshit in spite of the multiple addressals that have runned it to the ground

It's almos tlike homophobes are stuck in a loop, repeating the same lingo regards of where it fits.
>>
>>78656743
>/pol/
So being against forced diversity and social policed quotas to fill for artists is extreme? It's an interesting era when the self professed left are acting like constrictive righties

>>78656765
>in spite of the multiple addressals
I'll bite. Elaborate.
>>
File: tiny.jpg (3 KB, 102x85) Image search: [Google]
tiny.jpg
3 KB, 102x85
>>78656588
>Anurasexuality is not progressive
If that's not progressive i don't know what is.
>>
>>78656786
Honestly, you're either an idiot for indulging that guy or that guy responding to himself. Fuck you.
>>
>>78656765
>there are a lot of arguments against this
>but I'm not going to provide even one
good job convincing me anon
>>
>>78656786
Your /pol/ because you're obvious hate progressive relationships and leads.
Tell me, did it mark you cry when Star Wars the Force Awakens was the best Star Wars movie ever? :^)
>>
(1/2)

>>78656444
Ok, I'm going to go ahead and commit to this bait.

>Paz is great though and her relationship with Kat is one of the best ideas he's ever had.
Give me five, real character traits of Paz that have been shown in the comic. You can't use her sexual preferences. Can you describe paz and Kat's relationship on any real terms that not like "cute," "gay," or "great"? They have had no real development at all. I'm fine with gay relationships, they're like a dime a dozen in webcomics, but Kat and Paz's relationship is really exists in name only. Sure they had a few pages together, but we haven't seen them have much of a memorable conversation besides "the system isn't perfect."

If you want to talk progress and visibility for LGBT individuals in media, that's fine and great, but realize no one gives a fuck about webcomics (they aren't visible to start with), Lesbians/bisexual women are literally the safest sexual minority to write about, and to actually be helpful for the nebulous benefit for sexual minorities you are all twisted up about, the relationships have to actually be well written. Paz/Kat are cute lil chapstick dykes, but are shoehorned together with 0 devlopment for either of them. I mean, for fucks sake, if you've had any real experience with LB women, you would know Paz has all the signs of the lonely het girl who gets a bit of attention from a not-terrifying lesbo and magicallt discovers she's bi. Like, she was so hungry for Matt dick, gets rejected, and then jumps on the Kat train cause it's there. If this shit was even remotely realistic it would not end well. Katt's sapphic development includes a convenient flash back page and being sexually attracted to birds. It's pretty obvious Tom wants lesbos in his comic, but has no idea how to actually write them.
>>
File: 1448911253670.jpg (2 KB, 43x44) Image search: [Google]
1448911253670.jpg
2 KB, 43x44
(2/2)

>>78656444

>Instead he focus on a boring fake romance between a toaster and a shadow.
With much more narrative weight than KatPaz. Still not much, but there was rapport between the two, whereas Paz got fucking iced and put on the blush stickers for the nearby, interested homo. One of the great strengths of sci-fi is the ability to concepts that can shed light on, but don't have to necessarily line up with human concepts. We don't know where the shadow/robot thing will go, or if it will be "fake love," but it's doubtful Tom will just use thier relationship to explore muh gays cause, as you have mentioned, he has human characters for that. It's a similar concept with the Bunny boy, I really doubt he's a straight metaphor for trans, but he could be used to explore the human concept of gender in a way that doesn't have clean answers. I really think you should take the tumblr goggles of because the scope of this comic is much deeper without that sort of rigid world view/monomania you seems to have allows you to see.
>>
>>78656806
Furries pls stop
It's not
>>
>>78656836
>best Star Wars movie ever?
>New Hope with better effects and worse scripts
Jej. I love it because people are already making fun of how poorly written and sued up Rey is.
>becomes fully functioning Jedi who can kill Sith/Dark Jedi in a single fucking day
Next you'll tell me the MCU is good.
>>
>>78656841
>>78656853
Do you ever stop, /pol/?
>>
File: 1432984486209.jpg (163 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
1432984486209.jpg
163 KB, 800x900
>>78656588
>webcomics
>impactful
>>
File: 1420595242362.jpg (153 KB, 568x800) Image search: [Google]
1420595242362.jpg
153 KB, 568x800
>>78656872
>/co/mblr
>calling moderates /pol/

Also, no. No one has forgotten that you claimed to have all this 'evidence' but failed to deliver.
>>
>>78656661
I mean, who else is trying to start a discussion in this thread?
>>
>>78656841
>Can you describe paz and Kat's relationship on any real terms that not like "cute," "gay," or "great"?
Adorable, progressive, and awesome
*checkmate*
>>78656886
Pennyarcade
>>
>>78656872
Okay, bud.
>>
>>78656654
>Seeing LGBT romances in media and more minorities is very progressive
It isn't progressive. Gay relationships have been done, and a story built on the basis of "WHAT IF SOMEONE DISAPPROVES!?" is incredibly flimsy. Particularly in an age where no one fucking cares if you're a lesbian except a minority of religious fanatics and back woods hicks with no teeth.

The only thing that would come of it would be a sacrifice of quality and ultimately setting back the LBGT cause by shoving it in the faces of people who already accept gay relationships as legitimate.

But you don't care about consequences. You just want to be seen putting up the good fight and get your pat on the back. Who cares if shitty methods ultimately harm the cause? You got your feel good points.
>>
>>78656701
>/pol/ being Butthurt
There is literally not a single conservative post in this thread.
>>
So.
What are Kat's long-term goals with this techno-organic stuff? Robot evolution? Robots that can modify their own structure at will? Robot reproduction? Human/animal prostheses?
I'm curious what other in-universe applications this artificial tissue growth could have.
>>
>>78656853
Just because Tom likes writing Robot on Shadow fetish fuel, doesn't make it a impactful or progressive relationship. Only Human relationships can be progressive and deep. Nonhuman relationships are just creepy and weird. And NonhumanxHuman relationships are NOPE
>>
>>78656928
>except a minority of religious fanatics and back woods hicks with no teeth.
>implying most of the world doesn't hate them
>forgetting sand countries hate them
>snow countries ignore them and steppe countries don't pretend they don't exist
>>
>>78656928
>It isn't progressive. Gay relationships have been done,
Not as many times as straight relationships. It's still more rare.
>>
>>78656228
once he goes black, he won't go back to being a robot
>>
>>78656972
I doubt she has any clear, long-term goals in mind right now. She's still pretty young, and I think she's just doing this stuff for kicks, or to see where it goes.
>>
now will Kat-God make Jones a human body so she can finally die?
>>
>>78656886
Millions of people read webcomics. They are becoming more popular than Marvel, Image, and DC.
Especially with webcomics like Dumbing of Age, Questionable Content, and Critical Miss.
>>
>>78656990
>Not as many times as straight relationships
>it would be generous to assume 1% globally
>like 5-7% in SOME real countries
If we're being fair there's already too much. There's no defensible reason to continue.
>>
>>78656974
Jesus, it's 2016, why do we still let bigots like this post on our Salvadorian hug chat safe site?
>>
>>78656913
Color me impressed, you just proved my points way faster than I could have.
>>
>>78656978
The media isn't run by the entire world, degenerate scum.

If you want the 'sand countries' to pay attention to you, go there and campaign rather than trying to ruin a webcomic a small number of people see. I'm sure they'll be entirely receptive of a loud American with no sense of decency, personal space, or basic politeness. It's not like it's well known American tourists can't fathom a way of life other than their own.

I'm sure you'll come home alive with all your limbs attached.

>>78656990
As are gay people.

>Be an infantesimal portion of the population
>Want majority level representation in a CAPITALIST DRIVEN media
>PAY AAAATTEEEENTION TO MEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
File: image.png (177 KB, 530x310) Image search: [Google]
image.png
177 KB, 530x310
>>78657023
>webcomics
>more popular than DC
>specifically dumbing of an age
>>
>>78657023
This is a fair point, and the medium is still young and growing, but QC doesn't really reach the size of audience that most tv shows and movies do. I've only met a handful on people irl who follow webcomics and it's usually strip stuff like xkcd or Order of the Stick.
>>
>>78656895
me, I did
here's some more
badgebot is obviously going off to tell SOMEONE stuff
is he telling the robo community as a whole, the court, or perhaps a smaller group of robots and/or court personnel?
this wouldn't be the first time the court kept tabs on some crazy thing Kat built, maybe they're waiting to see what happens before they confiscate it like they did the anti-gravity thing
>>
This isn't gay at all
>>
>>78656545
>>78656588
>>78656806
>Kat and Paz as froggirls having sex
MY DICK!
>>
>>78657074
>badgebot
Someone mentioned earlier than him and Juliette might be a part of the Gunnerkrigg secret police, and I really like that idea. He's probably telling the court, and not a community of robots, which I am basing off the fact he's only ever been seen with Jules, and not in any of the large gatherings of robots (that I recall).

With the way Tony has talked about the court's surveillance, they're probably keeping a very close eye on Kat and the way she's effecting the robot community, but as we've seen before, probably aren't going to interfere unless its of immediate benefit or shit goes way south.
>>
File: 00001294.jpg (182 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
00001294.jpg
182 KB, 600x849
>>78657190
he's actually been seen in several gatherings, here's one now
I mean he might still be telling the court, he might be reporting on this situation constantly
>>
File: 1206519277944.jpg (119 KB, 565x413) Image search: [Google]
1206519277944.jpg
119 KB, 565x413
>>78657160

Here you go Anon.
>>
>>78657207
order of who he'll report to
the collective of robots
the court
jones
Kat as if she doesn't know about what her son is up to
>>
>>78657207
Oh shit, thanks ohana. I should probably reread the comic, since its been a couple years.

>>78657255
I really like this progression. It would be interesting if Court secret police had a dissenter among them, especially a non-organic one.
>>
>>78656077
>Badgebot
Who?

>Juliette
Who?

>Shell
Who?

>Aata
Who?

>Jack
Who?
>>
>>78656244
This is ironic shitposting, right?
>>
>>78657219
Hey, fuck you, that's clearly Zuko and Katara as frogs having sex, not Paz and Kat!
>>
>>78655604
Honestly, I'll take Robot's Yaoi plot over any more of those unnecessary gross and edgy body-horror pages ealier.
This here is actually fun.
>>
>>78657411
Why do you read the comic, son?
>>
>>78657432
For the romance.

Love is always the est story.
>>
Face it.
/co/ is dead.
>>
This is not news.
>>
>>78657411
Here's your reply.
>>
>>78656228
>Miss Kat... I would like to commission the most glorious Johnson money can buy. Spare no expense, and build for maximum pleasure.
>>
>>78657411
I can't believe you're still trying to push this "edgy gross body horror" thing. That's not what it was, at all, please shut the fuck up forever.
>>
>>78656095
Namek was the best dragonball arc.
>>
>>78658626
No, Buu.
>>
>>78658995
Buu was shit and you know it.
>>
>>78655604

Oh wow, B^U's art has improved a bit.
>>
>>78659846
Wrong comic, buddy.
>>
File: Robin Annoyed.png (46 KB, 646x195) Image search: [Google]
Robin Annoyed.png
46 KB, 646x195
This thread is filled with those kind of assholes complain about Hermoine being black, but insist it's because of some minor bullshit and not because they're racist, isn't it?
>>
>>78660121
Acknowledging the time period and location makes you racist now?

I suppose you're the kind of asshole who thinks half of the Court years should be half full of muslims, despite it dating back 10 years.
>>
Wait, so Robot is in love with Shadow. Back when Shadow was tought how to speak, Annie noted that he sounded like Kat, due to it being her that taught him how to talk. To my knowledge, it has never been mentioned that shadow doesn't sound like Kat anymore. Might this be part of the reason for Robot's love for Shadow? Is Shadow just a surrogate for Kat because Robot knows he can never get her?
>>
>>78660516
Well Shadow has eventually formed a new identity since hes a guy, but I dunno if he still sounds like Kat
>>
>>78660121
No, it's just one mediocre shitposter.
>>
>>78656519
>when you are trying to show how progressive you are
>implying this is tom's goal
>>
>>78656588
>be progressive
>implying this is tom's goal
>>
File: fabulous-kid-public-access2[1].gif (610 KB, 245x184) Image search: [Google]
fabulous-kid-public-access2[1].gif
610 KB, 245x184
>>78658995
>No, Buu.
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 850x306) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 850x306
>>78655604
>meanwhile in a better webcomic
>>
>>78665962
what webcomic?
>>
>>78666247
El Goonish Shive
>>
>>78655801
>>78657359
Badgebot appeared in background here http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1608
and here http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1294

Juliette and Badgebot alone http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=742
>>
>>78655604
Quick, Robot? Seduce him before he has a chance to tell!
>>
File: the-novelty-wears-off-quickly.jpg (31 KB, 290x332) Image search: [Google]
the-novelty-wears-off-quickly.jpg
31 KB, 290x332
Do you think Annie's flame elemental side gives her a high libido? Like it gets to the point where normal masturbation methods won't sate her body and she has to mount and grind against things to make it feel like real sex?

Has Kat ever asked to help so she can get some sleep for the night?
>>
>>78666400
More like el goonish SHITE amirite
>>
I want to touch Zimmy!
>>
>>78669444
Still better than Gunnershit Fail
>>
>>78669161
Yes but they both thought it was a dream
>>
>>78669580
I want a hug from Gamma.
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.