[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zuko should've died. Discuss.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 9
File: Zuko_absorbs_lightning.png (492 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Zuko_absorbs_lightning.png
492 KB, 720x480
Zuko should've died.

Discuss.
>>
Nothing to discuss because I'm right.

That's what I thought.
>>
Azula dies at the air temple battle how does this change the metagame?
>>
That would have been a really pointless death that wouldn't have actually added to the story.
>>
You start OP.
>>
Mako should have died taking out the mech
>>
>>78646893
>Mako dies and gets cucked

Come on now. He doesnt deserve that.
>>
The cheery circus girl was the best character, discuss.
>>
>>78646893
I actually agree and I really thought it was going to happen for a second.
>>78646919
He's young and handsome he could easily get pussy anytime he wants.
>>
>>78644841

Zuko blames himself and never reaches his potential and rules while keeping people at arms-length. Even with his daughter her likeliness of Azula torments him and he isolates himself from her.
>>
>>78647340
Wanting to fuck a character doesn't make that character good.

Discuss.
>>
>>78644119
Nah. Zuko dying to save that slackjawed water bitch isn't a satisfying resolution to his character arc. If the circumstances of his hypothetical death were different I'd say maybe, but since that image implies you meant in the fight against Azula, I say hell nay.
>>
>>78647704
Zuko was aware how dangerous and unpredictable his father and sister were and was fully understanding that any member of their group, especially Aang, would likely have to kill them when the time came. He would have moved on to taken the mantle of the throne and clear up his countries name regardless of how many of his immediate family members died.

If you didn't notice they spent an awful lot of time shooting fire at each other throughout their lives.
>>
>>78648187
Hey, if she had time devoted to her, her backstory's probably as, if not more compelling than everyone else's. Her being adorable is a bonus.
>>
>>78644119
Nonsense. If Zuko died there would have been no reliable individual to take the place as Fire Lord and restore the nations honor and help the avatar finally create peace and balance after a hundred years of prolonged warfare. While his arc on who he was meant to be was largely done and he still needed to live to carry out what he had learned.
>>
>>78648355

You act like they were a couple of animals that needed to be hunted. Zuko wants to help Azula because he know she can still be saved.
>>
It would have been really lame to kill Zuko there considering Iroh taught him the lightning redirecting technique, pretty much to show that Zuko could overcome him more talented peers with hard work.

That was kinda his thing he was constant underdog who had to rely on gimmicks to keep up with the cast.
>>
>>78646893
Should've died when hit with the motorbike tbeh.
>>
File: LAZORS.gif (296 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
LAZORS.gif
296 KB, 500x270
>>78644119
a) it was foreshadowed that he learnt that new skill that would save him

b) Zuko's character arc would have been garbage, as it hadn't built up for his death

c) something something lack of heirs to the throne something something Fire Nation propaganda something something HONOR!!!
>>
>>78646893
>>78647454
Mako dying was the original plan. They didn't go with it because they thought it would affect Korrasami ending too much

still the fuckers killed Asami's father. What the fuck.
>>
>>78648905
What? They were at war. They actively attempted to kill each other throughout their many fights. That's how war works. Zuko was aware and while he may have to regret the action I doubt it would have haunted him for very long if at all.
>>
>>78650623

He wasn't fighting to kill, he just wanted to defeat her.
>>
>>78649766
>Mako dying was the original plan.
[citation needed]
>>
>>78650623
Ignore Scrapper, he's the worst "Azula dindu nuffin" fag there is.
>>
File: 42f5ce85.png (356 KB, 658x357) Image search: [Google]
42f5ce85.png
356 KB, 658x357
>>78651208
tbqh this bruv
>>
>>78650865
With fire?
>>
>>78644119
Why? Sokka and Iroh made more sense for a cheap drama finale death
>>
>>78651208
I know but there has to be some sense to the madness. The idea that Zuko would be permanently racked with guilt over a fight he pretty much knew his entire life was mounting up to is ridiculous.
>>
>>78651402

Like he was going to actually burn her.
>>
>>78651441
He was.
>>
>>78651468

I don't think so. Zuko actually cared for Azula. He harbored no hate toward her because he realized she was just a pawn in all of this.
>>
File: 1437711188576.jpg (28 KB, 436x435) Image search: [Google]
1437711188576.jpg
28 KB, 436x435
>>78644119
>Zuko should've died.

If he was just hit with lightening, sure, but he was able to barely redirect most of it before it could kill. Left a nice big scar though.
>>
>>78651522
I needed some blind idealism that wasn't related to religion today. Thanks Scrapper
>>
Katara should never have been there. She should have been out freeing prisoners or disabling ships or keeping guards from interfering, but the fact that she was there was what caused Zuko to get Gohan'd.
>>
>>78651570

It's not blind, there is a reason why Zuko let Azula out of jail. He wants her to better herself.
>>
>>78651627
I don't see how that leads to Zuko being consumed by guilt for his entire life had he killed her. She was blatantly unhinged and bat shit crazy at the time, and he took that as an opportunity to fight her one on one.
>>
>>78651522

Bitch was cray. Sure, she had a fucked up life. Her mother was kind of a dick to her and her dad was a megalomaniacal asshole, but her dad never left a massive burn scar over a third of her face.

Ozai doted on and spoiled Azule and her mother was scared of her and treated her like a monster. His mother doted on and spoiled Zuko and his father was physically and emotionally abusive. One of these two turned into a sociopathic murderer, one didn't. So, unless you're objectively implying Azula is mentally weaker than Zuko, bitch was crazy all along.
>>
>>78644119
Did Zuko ever learned how to shoot lighting? Or will he be forever known as the only bender in his family who was not able to?
>>
>>78651839

How about him feeling bad for her? In the scenario, she needed him more than ever and he wasn't there for her.

>>78651930

>Ozai doted on and spoiled Azule and her mother was scared of her and treated her like a monster

You forget that Zuko was very much like Azula up until the point where Iroh was able to guide him to the path of righteousness. Where was he for Azula?
>>
>>78651974
I think he might have in one of the books. If not, then no.
>>
>>78651974
That really grinds my gears, that in Korra any lucky asshole managed to learn lightning bending. But they lowered the bar a lot in korra so no real harm done.
>>
>>78652030
I know it's ridiculous you argue with you about this but Zuko even from a young age was more empathetic than Azula.

At the strategy meeting he brazenly stood up and demanded the the younger troops be spared from a suicidal attack which earned him his scar.

Iroh certainly set him on a better path but he was a bit more good-hearted from the beginning. The better argument to be made was Ozai vs Ursa parenting.
>>
>>78651427
>The idea that Zuko would be permanently racked with guilt over a fight he pretty much knew his entire life was mounting up to is ridiculous.

Zuko goes through inner turmoils every time he has to take a shit in the morning.

Killing Azula would have fucked him up a bit.
>>
>>78652178
Zuko would have learned lightning in a single day if it hadn't been for his mental issues
>>
>>78652178
Zuko's whole shtick is him being super conflicted. As well as Lightning Bending being a royal family secret. I'm sure there are a significant amount of people who couldn't learn how to do it and still have enough people to show the spread of it.
>>
>>78652186

Ask yourself why is that? Who was the one who was mentoring him? Ursa was. She instilled in him the seeds of morality which Iroh nurtured and Azula was only taught how to bring pain and to hate.
>>
>>78652253
Yes, I mentioned that. Saying it was Iroh that differentiated Zuko and Azula I was saying was incorrect and the better argument to be made was that Ursa favored Zuko while Ozai favored Azula.

But even with that, they favored those children for a reason. Azula definitely wasn't opposed to the lessons Ozai was teaching while she was rather vehemently opposed to Ursa's.
>>
>>78651974
Zuko is the black sheep of the family when it comes to natural talent. I'm not surprised he can't use lightning like the rest of his family. Even if he did manage to, he'll be just like Aang and avoid using it because the technique is known for it's lethal applications. At least he's re-directing of lightning is top notch, so he isn't completely flat-footed against a lightning user.
>>
So is Roses symbol a side ways Diamond Mural symbol to symbolize her opposition of the other 3 diamonds?
>>
>>78652417
Wrong thread friend.
>>
>>78652411
Isn't It funny that Mako essentially Zuko's replacement doesn't give a shit and roasts anybody with lightning.
>>
>>78652320

I'm not saying it was purely Iroh who is the difference maker it's the presence of morals. Ursa favored Zuko because he didn't initially show any signs of prodigy like Azula did. She was able to mold him into what she wanted while Azula showed promise so Ozai made her into the weapon he wanted. Poor Azula at such a young age didn't know understand why one parent loved her while the other resented her. In the beach episode it is shown she has lamented about this and blames herself which is far from the truth. These were circumstances that were out of her hands.
>>
>>78652253

No one is denying that Azula got a raw deal with her parents. LOTS of people have shitty parents and don't turn into psychotic, fire-slinging, manipulative sociopaths.
>>
>>78652474
Insofar as everyone's personality is a bit out of their hands. Genetics do play a role quite a lot and she had more of her father in her.
>>
>>78652411
Zuko had absolutely no problem with killing even in the finale.
>>
>>78652454
One of the few aspects I like about Korra is the fact that on-screen deaths are shown, and are acted upon by the "good" guys, so to speak. And unlike most popular cape/superhero shows, none of the characters act moral puritan on the character resorting to lethal force as the last option.
>>
>>78652513

Yes but they have some sort of outlet or some sort of mentor who has taught them a better way. Azula has only known fighting and might is right her entire life.

>>78652562

If that is true then that is still out of Azula's hands.
>>
>>78652661

That's not even remotely true. I don't think you're quite appreciating how insane Azula was. She was literally a sociopath. Even if it is portrayed inaccurately in the show, that was 100% the intent. She has no empathy.
>>
>>78651522
Jeez, Scrapper.
Your delusions are staggering.

My dream scenario is Azula turns herself into a lightningrod (unintentionally, due to mental state) trying to kill Zuko as a last effort, despite it killing her. Zuko ends up deflecting lightning long enough that he gets up close and hugs her until she stops trying to lash out, and finally admits her loneliness.
>>
>>78652564
I'm talking how Zuko is too worried that he might actually harm someone unintentionally with lightning. It's not the first time where he accidentally injured someone, remember Toph? Zuko is also a victim of being subject to being fried, and knows how incredibly fatally painful it is, I think he'll refrain from using it simply because he knows much a painful death it can be to someone.
>>
>>78652661
Sure her genetics are out of her hands but she's still batshit because of it.

Just because someone gets schizophrenia from some genetic inheritance doesn't mean they have schizophrenia any less. They're still crazy.
>>
>>78652754

How so? A sociopath has no remorse for their actions. Killing a person is as easy as breathing for them. Azula is not like that. She sees herself as a monster and hates herself for it. She wants to be happy but doesn't know how.

>>78652804

You're making me feel for the first time in a long time.

>>78652846

It only means that Azula needs more love and care for her. She needs to stop being a soldier and learn how to be a person.
>>
>>78652625
And that's why it got taken off the air? I mean come on already the last show preached violence isn't the answer. So now let's just resort to killing off people because it's a sequal, and make everything that happened look like a bunch of bullshit.
>>
>>78652873
No she needs legitimate medication. She has some level of mental disorder that needs to be corrected medically, not with just some love and hugs.
>>
>>78652919
Medical drugs can fuck you up even more dude. Just needs a good dicking.
>>
>>78652919

I don't want her to be a vegetable. Counseling can help Azula more than drugs.
>>
>>78652896
I thought LoK was taken off the air because of low ratings, and because Nick didn't want to deal with airing the bisexual ending concerning Asami and Korra directed at an audience mostly comprising of underaged children.
>>
>>78652969
>>78653002
Medications take some time to get situated at the point where they are useful but not harmful. People only see the first few days/weeks and it does suck but then bail back to where they are.

It takes time and they can help a lot, not all medications "fuck you up" or make you a vegetable. And some shit you can't counsel through, if something is chemically wrong in the brain then you need something to get it chemically right.
>>
File: smug_pika.jpg (70 KB, 544x646) Image search: [Google]
smug_pika.jpg
70 KB, 544x646
>>78653002
I think counseling would be good for you too, Scrapper.
>>
>>78653053

Medication is a method of running away from the problem. Granted, there are some cases where medication is needed but in Azula's case there is no need for any type of drug for her to be dependent on. She has to learn to live with herself and extinguish the demons in her if she can. Azula can even get rid of them at her age but if she waits too long they will be with her for good.

>>78653140

Got it. Too late now.
>>
>>78653214
>Medication is a method of running away from the problem.

I am so sorry you have this view of medicine. There are things people are born with that they have absolutely no control over and medicine is the only way they can function as a normal human being. And yet they are running away from the problem?
>>
>>78653686

I literally said right after that there are cases where medication is needed, however Azula does not fit that category. People with severe cases of mental illness cannot function as a human being and thus need to depend on drugs for the rest of their life to compensate for that unbalance in their brain. The fact that Azula has the option to be counseled is proof enough that there are different ways for her to be healed. Azula isn't a thrashing lunatic that needs to be strapped into a bed and administered drugs for Christ's sake. I've seen the people who need drugs and for Azula medication should be the very last resort.
>>
File: 4L_M3amf8s7.gif (1 MB, 392x400) Image search: [Google]
4L_M3amf8s7.gif
1 MB, 392x400
>autistics arguing over psychology without any real knowledge of psychology.
>>
File: Kuroko.jpg (50 KB, 508x476) Image search: [Google]
Kuroko.jpg
50 KB, 508x476
Scrapper I'm gonna say this in the nicest possible way;
You ruin ever single ATLA thread woth your creepy azula pedo-obsession and I hope you get electrocuted or fall into a well.
-love godbelly
>>
File: It's not enough that I succeed.gif (2 MB, 225x156) Image search: [Google]
It's not enough that I succeed.gif
2 MB, 225x156
>>78653214
>Got it. Too late now.
>Too late now
>>
>>78653850
I just dropped by this thread to say that you are a delusional waifu fag who is trying to project his broken bird fantasy onto a 2-dimensional fictional villain who is a canon psychopath and complicit in attempted genocide because you want to put your cock in her.
>>
>>78644119
OPs a fagget and wrong!!!
>>
>>78654132

See you don't understand her character. There was a reason why she broke down. There was a reason why she puts herself down and thinks she is a monster. She has so many issues going on inside her head right now that she is far from being 2-dimensional.

>>78654110

Azula needs to be in an environment where she can be receptive to her treatment. My parents weren't and thought I was fine so I neglected my sessions and that's how I got to where I am. Azula needs to do the opposite and get the treatment she needs.
>>
>>78654260
She is LITERALLY 2 dimensional. She is a cartoon. She is comprised solely of lines in a 2-dimensional universe.
>>
>>78654288

I thought you meant personality. My bad.
>>
File: 1451365373971.gif (29 KB, 168x179) Image search: [Google]
1451365373971.gif
29 KB, 168x179
Zuko is a goddamn traitor anyway no body liked his character that as soon as he turned coat.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.