[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Felix make his comeback?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 389x389) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 389x389
Will Felix make his comeback?
>>
All I know is that Dreamworks owns him now. They gotta do something with him.
>>
>>78642764
The only plans Dreamworks currently has with Felix is to turn him into a clothing brand.
>>
I really wish they'd do another series in the key of Twisted Tales.
>>
Woody Woodpecker reboot when
>>
>>78642764
Dreamworks could possibly use him as their mascot to try and compete with Disney in a way

Dreamworks did come to be from a disagreement among the creator and his ex-co workers over at disney
>>
>>78647325
I think Shrek does a better job at that.
>>
File: Felixthecatcgiserieslogo.png (17 KB, 350x247) Image search: [Google]
Felixthecatcgiserieslogo.png
17 KB, 350x247
>>78642710
They've tried for years, decades now...so probably not
>>
>>78643462
Yes
>>
>>78642710
>Went to Macys store in NYC last week
>Felix the Cat shit fucking everywhere
>Shirts, plushes, jack in the boxes, fucking tons of them
Is he in the process of making a comeback now or is there somebody that's just incredibly out of touch?
>>
>>78643462
same

>>78652960
I saw the same shit in downtown Chicago the other day. I think the significance is due to a FtC balloon being the first balloon in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade - though why featuring him now beats me, having him back in 2009 for the character's 90th would've made more sense.The heavy merchandising has been a thing since Don's ownership - Felix merch and branding became huge in Japan for whatever reason, and Don was focusing purely on that for the longest time after Twisted Tales was done.

The Christmas special was a fucking embarrassment; however toward the end of his ownership, a new animated series was in the works and had character designs that were fairly true to the 50s-60s toon. I think they got as far as creating a crudely-animated title sequence and lost interest.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.