[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Guardians of the Galaxy (2015 - ), Drax (2015 - ) >rocket
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: 322497._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg (60 KB, 360x554) Image search: [Google]
322497._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg
60 KB, 360x554
>Guardians of the Galaxy (2015 - ), Drax (2015 - )
>rocket and groot are alive and well with Kitty, Venom, Ben and co.

>Rocket Racoon and Groot (2016 - )
>rocket and groot are believed dead by Kitty, Venom, Ben and co.

Someone explain me this shit.
>>
pls respond
>>
This is why you don't make multiple books about the same characters.
>>
>>78636224
But then how will Marvel make their extra sheckles?
>>
>>78636224
so you're telling me they already fucked up the post-Battleworld continuity?!?
>>
>>78635645
this comic comes out in like 2 days, why did you have to remind me of my suffering OP?
>>
>>78637166
>this comic comes out in like 2 days
What are you saying, I got it two days ago
>>
>>78635645
>Thinking Marvel cares about anything but pats on the head from media outlets and your money in their pockets.
>>
>>78637230
aside the GIBE MONEY MARVEL meme, I doubt they purposely killed the continuity they just created. I mean, they're not DC. There must be an explanation.
>>
as is often the case, the two books could be taking place at different times, it comes down a matter of events/circumstances happening within the books that may or may not contradict each other
>>
>>78637334
>as is often the case, the two books could be taking place at different times
RR&G first line is literally "8 months after Secret Wars", that's the exaclty same timeframe of GotG and Drax (and Gamora)
>>
>>78637043
Kinda hard not to "fuck it up" when everything that happened pre-SW is still canon. They're going into this with the continuity already "fucked up."
>>
>>78637166
It was released on Friday, bruv.
>>
>>78637401
8 months doesn't specify the weeks. One could be taking place 3 weeks after the other while still being "8 months later."
>>
>>78637401
and there you have it, instead of an editor stepping up and saying ' maybe we should change a few details' they went with ' gotta sell this premise'
>>
>>78637512
>everything that happened pre-SW is still canon
that bothers me too. Secret Wars was advertised as an avent who would shatter Marvel universe. But what really changed, apart some niggers from 1610 moving to 616 to steal women and jobs?
>>
>>78637558
>>78637556
this sounds VERY DCesque...
>>
>>78637561
It did shatter the marvel universe.

They just put it back together again mostly the same.
>>
>>78637561
Old Man Logan, Red Wolf, Captain America 2099, Supreme Power Nighthawk, Squadron Supreme Zarda, New Universe Blur, Weirdworld, and I'm sure some other people/things are now part of 616 also.

Plus there's the whole Universe-8 thing and Reed Richards being DEEEEAAAAAAAD
>>
>>78637627
>Old Man Logan
Old Man Logan is from 1610?!?
>>
>>78637590
In what way? This is how Big 2 cape comics have been operating for decades. It's hardly something new to either company.

If you mean Didio's whole story > continuity thing, that was always just them slapping a convenient tagline onto something that they'd been doing regardless for decades. There hasn't been a single person at Marvel or DC that's cared about lateral continuity since Jim Shooter.
>>
>>78637663
No. He's from Earth-807128. None of the people I mentioned in that post are from 1610.
>>
>>78637688
Oh sorry thanks. I didn't read anything past the death of Wolverine so I'm not really up-to-date on it aside him being a female cosplayer now.
>>
>>78637717
>female cosplayer
I think clones rank a little higher than that.
>>
>>78635645
yet again Marvel copying DC with story>continuity
and they will get away with it, while DC just get bitched about it being confusing
>>
>>78637198
>>78637532
My local comic store wont sell it till Wednesday
>>
>>78637401
That's just a line for the gag. It doesn't have to be taken literally like an autist. Neither we have to think GotG is exactly 8 months after SW. Bendis specifically said in one interview that the events of his Guardians are happening more than one year after Gamora left. That could be even much later than the 8 months post SW, and since Peter Quill will be back after the current arc, all these stories happened pre Bendis GotG.
>>
>>78640689
Your LCS is butts.
>>
>>78637043
>so you're telling me they already fucked up the post-Battleworld continuity?!?
What is special about that? Post Battleworld continuity is the same as pre battleworld continuity only with ADDED bullshit of random alt universe characters appearing everywhere and an added unexplained time leap.
>>
>>78638110
Marvel has always been like this. Nick Lowe has always been like this. Bendis has always been like this. Nothing has changed and all fits in the end.
>>
>>78638110
>story>continuity
this is the shittiest shit in the whole comic industry
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.