[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is not a cartoon. It is a time portal back to 1993.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9
This is not a cartoon. It is a time portal back to 1993.
>>
You say that like its a good thing
>>
>>78631565
"He's said portal!"
>>
The early nineties were seriously awful.
No longer eighties enough, and not yet late-nineties enough.
An awkward transitional period.
>>
DUDE SEX LMAO
>>
>>78631585
>Not wanting to spend all day watching TV and eating nachos

>>78631669
Eeheehee, hehehe, um what, heeheehee
>>
>>78631596
All of the 90s were awful.
>>
File: IT WAS A GOOD SHOW.png (898 KB, 1292x1022) Image search: [Google]
IT WAS A GOOD SHOW.png
898 KB, 1292x1022
>>78632031
>>
Things wrong with the 1990s:

- no proper broadband internet
- no proper cellphones
- no proper touchscreen devices
- no proper 3D gaming
- no proper CGI in movies

We were on the brink, but not quite there yet.
>>
>>78633087
All that shit makes 2015 suck though. I'd rather live with landlines and vhs than stay awake late at night on my phone on a shitty 3d game's websites or craving updates of a shitty cgi show.
>>
>>78631596
>and not yet late-nineties enough
But the late 90's and early 00's were awful. The late 80's and early 90's was the best.
>>
>>78633087
>- no proper CGI in movies
I can't really say that CGI is proper today either. Every movie just looks like a videogame. At least the old practical effectd looked real when they were done good.
>>
>>78631596
Only thing about the late 90s that wasn't shit was the video games and the internet. Despite being on 56k it was awesome to have a non-centralized internet without "social media" faggotry.
>>
>>78631565
Honestly, this show is insanely charming in retrospect with how dull their exploits are. I dunno quite how to explain it, but there was something magical abut how Mike and the other people working on the show could come up with such short, simple stories where Beavis and Butt-Head try to do some simple task and fuck it up tremendously.

>That episode where they try to kill a fly with shovels and hammers and wreck their house in the process.
>That episode where they get asked to change the oil in the fryer at Burger World and they use fucking motor oil causing the place to burn down.
>That episode where Tom Anderson asks them to wash his dog and they put it in a washing machine, think the dog is high because of how dizzy it is afterwards, get in the washing machine themselves to try it, and then fucking barf on the dog when they get out.
>That episode where Beavis gets his arm stuck in a blood pressure machine and Butt-Head tries to get him out by sawing his arm off because he can't read the words "Emergency Release" above the button.
>That episode where they try to dig for oil in the back yard and think they've hit it big when Beavis breaks a fucking sewer pipe and shit sprays all over the place.
>That episode where there's a blackout and they're asked to help direct traffic, are unable to follow the basic instruction of "Wave the traffic through in one direction, count to 50 and then change" because they can't fucking count and keep distracting each other, causing a ton of cars to crash.

I could keep going but I'd be here all day. There's just so many episodes that remain funny to me now matter how much time passes. Yeah, the music videos date the show pretty badly, but for a show that caused such outcry at the time for being a bad influence, it was actually written pretty well when you look at it.
>>
>>78633648

Lord knows the toys sure were at that time.

Pretty much all toys since the mid to late 90s have sucked ass. I feel bad for modern kids.
>>
>>78631565
>>78635096
Old guy here.

B&B was THE most true to life cartoon of all time. I can not possibly put into words how accurate that show was. If you were a teenager in the 90s living in the suburbs or a small town that show was literally your life. The whole reason it was so huge is because of how much of a shock it was seeing yourself and your friends on screen like that. The 90s was such an incomprehensibly shitty time to the point that you'll never understand how bad it was unless you were late teens or adult at the time and it was refreshing to have at least one show on tv that didn't lie about what the world was like at the time. Because I'm telling you from experience that the 90s summed up in one phrase was "blissful ignorance". It was the decade where America went from trying to solve social issues in the 60s/70s and crime in the 80s to a total 180 and just deciding it would rather pretend those things didn't exist and obsess over media/entertainment instead to take everyone's minds off how shitty everything was.
>>
>>78631596
>not yet late-nineties enough

yeah the decade really hit its stride once bands started playing ska music and dudes were wearing bowling shirts and bleached spiked hair and puff daddy was putting out 8 minute long music videos

no wait all of that was fucking awful and if you had been born before 1993 you would realize that
>>
>>78635096
Theatre major here. I always try to explain how Mike Judge's shows are sublime pieces of art but everyone just thinks that Beavis & Butthead has bad writing?? But how?? The shows funniest moments stem organically from these simple, wrong thoughts and objectives that the characters have.
>>
>>78637545
Don't forget the Creed/Limp Bizkit/Papa Roach years
>>
>>78637545
Ska revival when???
>>
>>78637655
Ah, yes.
When rock and roll truly died.
>>
>>78637683
now, brother.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyM6VqRGwCY
>>
>>78635096
>it came back but wasn't popular, despite being just as good as before
>because fucking Beavis & Butt-head was too intelligent for 2010's audiences
>>
>>78631565
It's weird how little has changed.
>>
>>78637545
1996 and forward was great.
Get some taste, nerd.
>>
File: life is strange prequel.jpg (66 KB, 807x538) Image search: [Google]
life is strange prequel.jpg
66 KB, 807x538
>>78631565
Is this the only show where a background character had a good spinoff ?
>>
>>78635096

David Letterman absolutely loved Beavis and Butthead though. He was one of the few media personalities that was always so positive about the show despite news reports about some kid burning his house down
>>
>>78635096
"Oyi. I've got me finger stuck in me bum!"
"Huh-huh-huh"
"Heh-heh-heh"
"Oyi. I should a never told that little dutch boy about the dyke."
"..."
"..."
"And now I've got me finger stuck in me bum."
"Huh-huh-huh"
"Heh-heh-heh"

Ah... I loved B&B and I loved the reboot. A shame it didn't get to continue on :_( fortunately by that time in life I'd gotten used to disappointment.
>>
> I am the great cornholio !
> I need tp for my bum hole
>>
File: 1231321312321.jpg (5 KB, 253x172) Image search: [Google]
1231321312321.jpg
5 KB, 253x172
>>78639872
>forgetting about based cory.
>>
I love Beavis and ButtHead music video commentaries. I realized they're just 90s LP's.
>>
>>78640589
Did he ever fuck that foreign chick?
>>
>>78639872
Without a doubt my favorite show. I started watching it as a Freshman or Sophomore in Highschool and loved every minute of it.
>>
>>78640747
he fucked the president.
>>
>>78640774
Ikr. What is this a show with teenage girl that isn't just about getting boys and cute clothes ? Do my eyes deceive me ? Daria was a really great show and the music is just 90sgasm we don't really get many good female character like her
>>
>>78640871
Wasn't he Mexican?
>>
File: Daria - The Game.gif (7 KB, 500x448) Image search: [Google]
Daria - The Game.gif
7 KB, 500x448
>>78640896
I really wish I could see the uncut versions. All I've ever seen are the DVD episodes with generic background music.

I know there's the Daria Restoration Project where they're trying to redub the DVD's HQ episodes with old tapes, but I can't for the life of me find any decent torrents for more than the first season.
>>
>>78641136
You ever actually play the real Daria video game that was out on PC? It was weird as fuck but it was pretty cool.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daria%27s_Inferno
>>
>>
>>78635096
Man the mvs are the best part for me, it really is like a portal to the early 90s and was amazing on the reboot to have them comment on Katy Perry and MGMT.

Too good for the 2010s.
>>
File: Its my money and I need it now.jpg (14 KB, 317x236) Image search: [Google]
Its my money and I need it now.jpg
14 KB, 317x236
>>78633087
>Not enjoying the crude internet of the 90's

Nigga that was the last true frontier until we get to conquering planets. Murky FTP sites holding treasures ready to be uncovered, trading media on copied floppies on the playground, that rush of first contact when you join an IRC network or forum with real human beings on it, realizing you can discuss whatever you want whenever you want, finding early websites through word of mouth and webrings instead of just being able to google everything.

If you missed out on this I truly feel sorry for you. It's not even nostalgia, the early years of any new media are incredible, and some of us were fortunate to live through it.
>>
File: 1451855549570.jpg (81 KB, 403x444) Image search: [Google]
1451855549570.jpg
81 KB, 403x444
>>78638357
Because MTV is too busy airing reality TV shows and bad music to care about cartoons anymore.
>>78644581
I may not have experienced it, but imagine how mindblowing Newgrounds must have been for someone in the mid to late nineties.
>>
>>78643985
>Tumblr

Oh god. I am now somewhat grateful that the reboot didn't last long.

Can you even imagine what this show would be like if that Website had any influence over it?
>>
File: BEAVIS PIANO.gif (976 KB, 490x353) Image search: [Google]
BEAVIS PIANO.gif
976 KB, 490x353
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UBESr0O71U
>>
>>78639872
Daria was a background character?
>>
>>78640040
Patrick Stewart's a fan to.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.