[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What're you reading?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
What're you reading /co/ and what do you think of it?

I'm 51 issues into Sandman Mystery theatre and I'm loving. Art is always superb, by this point they have the characters personalities nailed down, and the dream sequences are especially well written and refreshing. A bit formulaic at times, but the relationships feel organic and the world feels alive.

I also finished James Robinson's Starman and Azzarello's WW, both of which were good reads. Particularly Starman which had me crying like a bitch at the end.
>>
>>78628722

Good taste anon.

I'm not really reading anything.
>>
File: Marshal Law 02.jpg (79 KB, 400x616) Image search: [Google]
Marshal Law 02.jpg
79 KB, 400x616
>>78628722
Recently bought the Complete Marshal Law collection from DC and I dunno if I'm getting old or if the last few years of superhero comics have really turned me off but I enjoyed the fuck out of these 200 or so pages of "Fuck You. And your cape." Very cathartic.

Also been re-reading some Judge Dredd, especially the stretch of the late 90s-early 00s, which I'd never paid much attention to. Some very awesome stuff there, especially with Wagner back.
>>
File: TRyCoUi.gif (161 KB, 550x800) Image search: [Google]
TRyCoUi.gif
161 KB, 550x800
I'm reading IDW Transformers. Mtmte is starting to get good again.

And I thought Atomic Robo looked interesting, so I'm giving that a go. Looks interesting so far
I'm only 3 pages in
>>
>>78628868
I caught some of Marshal Law in the storytime the other day, and I really need to go back and read all of it. I love good satire.

Also, seeing as you're the resident Dredd expert, should I just start with the complete case Files vol. 1?
>>
File: 2000AD - A Night 2 Remember 02.jpg (768 KB, 1098x1684) Image search: [Google]
2000AD - A Night 2 Remember 02.jpg
768 KB, 1098x1684
>>78628952
Yes. Mind you, those early strips can be a bit rough and sketchy, so if you want a more polished product I'd recommend starting with Case Files vol 4-5.
Or if you want something more modern, check out The Pit.
>>
Reading Transmetropolitan, Morrison's JLA, and Secret Warriors. I'm into all of them; not liking Transmetropolitan as much as Planetary or any of Ellis's other works though.
>>
catching up with Manifest Destiny, still funny and disgusting and everything awesome
also IDW TMNT, just finished issue 46, Krang/Foot war was awesome, although it looks to me like Santolouco is/was getting worn out
(is he still on currently?)
waiting impatiently on Kingdom Bum #2
>>
>>78628722
Working backwards from Image's current output.

Never been much of an indiesfag, but I'm going to try and read everything that they have published since 00s.

Finished with the avaliable issues of Descender/Black Magick/Southern Cross/Monstress. Black Magic is probably the best. It's very Rucka, but in a good ways. I would say the same for Southern Cross with Cloonan, but negatively. It reads like Gotham Academy in terms of dialogue.

Monstress is a confusing plodding mess.

Descender, Jeff Lemire's AI with a whole dash space opera. Quite a few plot twists and amazing art.

Also read 3 issues of Dynamite's James Bond. Total overrated shit. Really weird drugs again Warren. You did that plot in Secret Avengers. Don't understand why it gets so much critical acclaim.
>>
OP here, I also recently finished the first four trades of Criminal, which I enjoyed, albeit not as much as I expected. Read over the weekend at my girlfriend's just as inbetween thing, when she was cooking, etc. Well written, if a bit vague on some characterization, Art is definitely top notch.

Also devoured all of Harbinger, which I thoroughly enjoyed, definitely fun in a summer blockbuster way, art was a bit stiff and by the numbers at times. Liked the way the MC was an unlikable douche at times, definitely refreshing in the land of Mary-Sue superheroes.

Also reading Godland and Blueberry. Blueberry is fantastic although I'm only about 25 pages into the first trade, I'm big on Western's and Moebius' art is fantastic as one would expect. I'm struggling to get through Godland, the first 10 issues I blew through but I've been dawdling along ever since. Art is definitely the highlight.
>>
>>78628868
I read Marshal Law last summer. It's the best send off for superhero stuff.
>>
File: billy-bat-701756.jpg (104 KB, 800x1164) Image search: [Google]
billy-bat-701756.jpg
104 KB, 800x1164
I'm reading Billy Bat and it's fucking fantastic. I don't care if it's weeb, comic books are the main subject of it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.