[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>for years hear about how great Teen Titans supposedly is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: coolguy.png (489 KB, 633x420) Image search: [Google]
coolguy.png
489 KB, 633x420
>for years hear about how great Teen Titans supposedly is
>finally get around to watching it
>eight episodes in
>incredibly boring, many long scenes with little action or dialogue
>raven is an edgy teenager
>starfire is DUDE EARTH IS SO CRAZY LMAO

does it ever get good?
>>
it's enjoyable but not amazing
>>
File: 64e.jpg (513 KB, 1146x1148) Image search: [Google]
64e.jpg
513 KB, 1146x1148
>>78627289
Holy fuck you're retarded. It's a long series meant for kids, yes it gets good, but there's something called characterization. If you're looking for an overarching plot, you won't find any in the first 8 episodes.
>>
>>78627348
There are about 64 episodes. If a show doesn't hook me in within the first few episodes how am I supposed to know whether to dedicate my time or not?
>>
>>78627289
Watch Teen Titans. Not Teen Titans Go.
>>
>>78627407
I am
>>
The main thing that bugs me about Teen Titans is how ugly it is

They were clearly going for a sorta psuedo anime style but it failed. I mean it's not the worst looking show, but man... look at Robin! Why are his limbs like that!? He's so weird looking!

And yet despite that, it still has the only good Cyborg design.

I would love a show with the artists of Young Justice working with the writers of Teen Titans
>>
Not to break the circlejerk, but a lot of TT's humor was "exaggerated anime faces = comedy right?".

I mean I loved that shit when I was 12 but looking back now, it wasn't that good. The action and dramatic elements were on point though.
>>
>>78627289
it has a rocky start. it was kind of a new thing at the time. Yes it gets better.
>>78627491
I was fucking with you til you praised cyborg, who EPITOMIZES what's so ugly about this show. yeah it's fugly, it's a really dumb art style and the anime bits were the only good aspects but they were rarely accomplished (really Killer Moth's daughter was the best job they ever did with that)
cyborg also illustrates what's so fucking lame about its writing. Good god, his entire character

and to be fair, yeah i love his blue parts, and i hate most other cyborg designs. nobody gets him right.

>>78628524
no. but a lot of its VISUAL humor was.
>>
>>78627289
Its not really that great if a show. Watch justice league.
>>
>>78627289
It gets better when they cancel it and bring it back as Teen Titans Go. Say what you will about TTG, at least it knows what it wants to be.
>>
>>78627407
I think TTG is more enjoyable
>>
I'll never understand the level of popularity it had coming so soon after The DCAU. Always regarded it as shitty myself. The biggest crime out of Go to me was it celebrating the shittiest parts of it's predecessor:The kawai ugu bull-shit humor.
>>
>>78627289
Second season is better, but still have a couple really stupid and boring episodes. And, yeah, it's for kids which means nobody really cares about quality.
Also
>tfw Raven never used her ragemode again
>>
>>78627289
No it doesn't. Bruce Timm a shit
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.