[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went oh so horribly wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Spongebob-1-Sht-TeaserV2_Window.jpg (864 KB, 800x1249) Image search: [Google]
Spongebob-1-Sht-TeaserV2_Window.jpg
864 KB, 800x1249
What went oh so horribly wrong?
>>
Maybe you should tell us instead of just shitposting.
>>
>>78623390
Bubbles
>>
>>78623408
How is this shitposting? The movie was terrible compared to the first one.
>>
>>78623533
What issue do you have with it?
>>
>>78623652
The plot was all over the place and the jokes somehow didn't work. It got to the point where it made you wonder why they bothered with it. I guess it's for kids and they'll watch just whatever crap with spongebob in it.
>>
>>78623699
So why are you asking us what went wrong when you seem to know why?
>>
>>78623793
To have a discussion, that's what the board is for (besides posting dank memes)
>>
File: barneyman.gif (76 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
barneyman.gif
76 KB, 480x270
>/co/ once again demonstrates most people here have shit taste
Nothing to see here folks.
>>
>>78623906
Nice arguments there, dipshit.
>>
File: michaeljacksonmakesacameo.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
michaeljacksonmakesacameo.gif
1 MB, 500x281
Coincidentally op, I just watched the for the very first time a few hours ago. Was going to make a thread but it looks like you beat me to the punch.
>>78623390
Pros:
-The characters were dynamic. They made a multitude of faces, stretched and squished.
-Throwbacks to older episodes
-The Plankton-Spongebob team up
-Didn't feel like modern Spongebob
-The surreal scenes, they took some risks and I feel the dream sequence and the time travel scenes were pretty cool. This movie was weird and zany.
-Had some good laughs: The biggest gut buster for me was probably when Spongebob freaked out and mixed garbage with recyclables. This movie can be a bit hit or miss at times but the hit far outweighed the miss.
-Spongebob's voice pitch was lowered like back in the good ole days
Cons:
-I didn't like the seagulls
-CG felt unnecessary to me, and Antonio Banderas could've been stronger
-The return to status quo, I think they should've taken a risk and made Plankton a permanent ally
-Patrick and Sandy could've been stronger. Patrick was decent sure, but in the early seasons he was like a constant stream of laughs and in here not so much. I also wanted to see more from side characters.
-This movie is pretty bizarre, sometimes the weirdness is jarring. I know I was praising it earlier for how crazy it was but there are times when you should dial back on the weird. If they toned down certain parts a slight bit the really crazy stuff would have more impact.
-The pacing could've been better: they split the movie into two parts, and the second part lacked the meat that the first part had.
Well op I could probably think of some other things but overall I've got to say it was a good movie. I haven't let the movie sit for very long so my opinion is subject to change some. I like the first one better, but this film is a definite improvement compared to Spongebob post season 3.
>>
>>78623390
holy shit i forgot this existed
>>
>>78623390
The movie should have been entirely CG, but not as the fucking gross super heroes.
>>
>>78629587
Scrap the second half entirely, including the antagonist. Replace live action intro with Patchy the pirate, keep time travel plot and Plankton as the deuteragonist.

Maybe make it like BTTF2, with Plankton and Spongebob going back into the first movie to stop [antagonist] from destroying the timeline.
>>
>>78629587
The 2D parts looked really good though, especially the backgrounds.
>>
Not as bad as post-season 3, not as good as pre-season 3, but a decent watch.
>>
File: spurdo goggles.jpg (56 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
spurdo goggles.jpg
56 KB, 722x349
>they can't even make a spongebob movie without it also being capeshit now
>>
>>78623390
I never cared for Spongebob so I just ignored the show completely, but I happened to see the movie recently. Actually found it entertaining enough to get interested in Spongebob and started watching season 1 for the first time.
>>
>>78630154
>Have Plankton and Spongebob install all the shit at the Krusty Krab for Spongebob's later performance.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.