[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do you think people got their version of comedy? Simpsons,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
Where do you think people got their version of comedy?

Simpsons, Family Guy, Animaniacs, Looney Tunes

What are your thoughts?
>>
>>78623226
homestar, monty python, cheech and chong, freakazoid
>>
>>78623226
Looking back, Homestar Runner, SpongeBob, and Monty Python are definitely where I got my sense of humor.
>>
>>78623226
American Dad, early Simpsons, It's Always Sunny, South Park, Louie, Wonder Showzen, Spongebob, Monty Python.

>inb4 reddit
>>
what the fuck is op implying

if I watch Family Guy I'm supposed to tell dead baby jokes?
>>
>>78623226
The Simpsons, my dad's old Mad Magazines and old flash cartoons.
>>
Tabula Rasa a shit. Not that humor isn't cultural, but shows CAPITALIZE on the sort of zeitgeist sense of humor of its time (combined with some more timeless cultural sensibilities), they don't CREATE cultural tastes (at least not primarily). If anything, shows create a distaste for the "old humor" and set the stage for a reactionary new humor.

If The Simpsons wasn't funny to start with it never would have gotten popular.

fuck you, I ain't dumbing it down just to avoid being called names on the internet
>>
>>78631504
What do tomatoes and dead babies have in common?
Both make a great sauce.
>>
>>78623226
I'm not sure what to make of this question. How would that translate to how you use humor irl?
Like, would a Looney Tunes type crossdress for giggles, do impersonations of Peter Lorre and fake-argue over which hunting season it is?

Because really humor isn't that specifically "versioned" most people respond to the same base humor, and then people respond or not to specific devices like references, slapstick, absurdity, wordplay, situation comedy... But pretty much every show, at least those you listed, use all those humoristic devices.
>>
>>78632237
What did the dead baby say to the chicken?
I wouldn't cross that road if I were you.
>>
>>78623226
Early Simpsons (S2-4), Animaniacs, Freakzoid, Futurama (Up until Bender's Big Score), Early Spongebob (pre-moive), Archer, Holy Grail, Life of Brian, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Season 1 Family Guy, some South Park, Drawn Together, Police Squad, Naked Gun movies, and most recently Rick and Morty.
>>
File: YDqAn9G[1].png (6 KB, 477x375) Image search: [Google]
YDqAn9G[1].png
6 KB, 477x375
>>78632596
How many dead babies does it take to paint a room?
Depends on how hard you throw them.
>>
Space Ghost Coast to Coast was a really big one as well as (mostly 90s) Simpsons.
Also Frisky Dingo, Dr Katz, Venture Bros, Rick and Morty, ATHF (and the other early 00's Adult Swim). Spongbob, Monty Python, Mr Show, Stella, Arrested Development, Always Sunny in Philly, Red Dwarf, Mitchell and Webb, Ricky Gervais Show, Charlie Brooker.
>>
>>78623226
Homestar Runner, Billy and Mandy, Invader ZIM, Bonus Stage, SpongeBob SquarePants, Ren and Stimpy
>>
File: 1393396052309.png (1 MB, 441x603) Image search: [Google]
1393396052309.png
1 MB, 441x603
>Blazing Saddles/Spaceballs/Robin Hood: Men in Tights
>Airplane!/Naked Gun
>Harvey Birdman
>Walk Hard
>Seinfeld
>early Married... with Children
>>
>>78623226
Me? Pretty much all the jokes I tell are dad jokes/children's joke book tier.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.