[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know I'm late to the party but what do you think of this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
I know I'm late to the party but what do you think of this?

>that one time Darkseid got BTFO
>>
That whole movie was truly terrible so really, I dgaf.
>>
>>78613468
I thought it was an awesome subvert of the normal tropes and roles. Darkseid getting one of his slivered destroyed that was actually a decent person is really funny to me as well.
>>
>>78613493
Kek shit taste. It's the best animated movie since TDKR.
>>
>>78613536
Why do people hate it? Is it because of how manic Batman acts?
>>
That love triangle between Tina, Kirk, and magnus
>>
>>78613576
it's too edgy for them
>>
>>78613576
I'm gonna take a stab that most people that hate it just aren't very familiar with the DC universe so a lot of the alternate takes on these characters weren't seen as interesting to me.

>In b4 you shouldn't have to know anything

Not everything is made for people new to comics nor should it be.
>>
>>78613576
Literally because:
>not MUH Justice League
>>
>>78613613
As interesting to them* not me. I loved the movie.
>>
My only criticism was that it was very inconsistent about whether it was a misfit universe or a reversed universe. The heroes on earth were just misfits, who come around to more traditional notions of heroism by the end, but the New Gods stuff may as well have been a role reversal, with Apokalips having natural, unspoiled beauty, and an Orion raised by Darkseid to be just as heroic, but with none of the internal conflict.
>>
No, no, you're all misunderstanding why the hatred;
This film was abysmally paced, had the dullest background artwork I've seen in this era, and only bothered to scratch the surface of the potential their what-if offered. I was just bored as fuck.
I know plenty about all the myriad DCUs and I don't give a shit about continuity, but this was a badly told story.
>>
>>78613849
Honestly, a non-internal struggling orion is really fucking interesting.
>>
>>78613849
Otherwise, a vocal amount of /co/ liked it when it came out. Because it was good.

It takes a while for the idiot contrarians to come out and pretend otherwise,
>people stopped discussing how good it was, because months have passed and it isn't new and relevant anymore
>therefore, we can all agree it was bad, right
>>
>>78613986
Well, I mostly lurk and take huge long breaks from 4chan, but I assure you, I hated this right when it came out.
>>
>>78613980
>fully self-actualized Orion will never have cosmic adventures
>>
>>78614037
Well good for you. I'll try to refrain from projecting other shitposters' behavior on you.

I'll make one concession, Gods and Monsters possibly got a free pass from criticism solely because most of the post-Timm animated movies set the bar incredibly low.
>>
>>78614263
I'll return the concession in spirit; it did not actively upset me like War or any of the Morrison adaptations.
Thank you for the civility.
>>
>>78613468
>that one time Darkseid got BTFO
>one time
>one

jobbersied is a perennial jobber, he has literally never won a fight, ever, not once.
>>
>>78615800
one time he eye beamed and killed some power level -1 dude
>>
>>78615800
he won at the end of the Superman animated series. Of course, Justice League never followed up on that victory.
>>
It had some of the greatest animated action up to date. Prove me wong
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.