[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I love Home Movies. Easily one of Adult Swim's best shows.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 403x224) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 403x224
I love Home Movies. Easily one of Adult Swim's best shows. Fucking bummer that Mike Lazzo was never really a fan and when they re-ran it and kept it on schedule it was on at really weird times and they barely advertised it. It did so poorly in the ratings that Turner execs barred it from airing anymore a few years back. Now with the success of Bob's Burgers and the like, Home Movies will unfortunately be lost to the annals of cartoon history.
>>
Teletoon was kinder to this show in terms of scheduling.
>>
>>78612702
Yeah, if iirc, Season 2 premiered back in 2001 on Teletoon in Canada months before it aired on AS in 2002.
>>
Ok
>>
>>78612646
it's literally mike stolkasa: the cartoon
>>
>>78614864
Ok
>>
It tanked in the ratings because it's not a good show and people don't like it. There's a reason it was cancelled twice.
>>
>>78612646
Home Movies ran in perfectly acceptable timeslots. There was no reason to advertise the most recent rerun slot because there's no reason to advertise a show that's being rerun for the 97th time. It tanked because the show was over 10 years old by that point and anyone who wanted to see it had already seen it years earlier.

Nothing can run forever anon.
>>
Protip: It stinks
>>
>>78616733
>Nothing can run forever

The Simpsons says hi
>>
>>78617217
Plenty of decades left.
>>
>>78617329
It'll end at Season 30 with a 30 episode season. I'm calling it now.
>>
It's the show I always watch while commuting (either that or listening to the XFM podcasts)

Here's some latin dub for curiosity's sake
>that suave as fuck Jason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiKXCVJo19w
>>
>>78617060
Reddit pls go
>>
>>78617527
It's my go to when I'm at the gym since every episode is on the adult swim app
>>
>>78617582
Hell yes
>>
>>78612646
I think it ran its course well. The ending was beautiful. It's one of the comfiest shows ever, to me. You can see it's spirit in Bob's burgers from time to time.
>>
Favorite Home Movies episodes /co/?
Season 1 favorite: Mortgages and Marbles
Season 2 favorite: The Party
Season 3 favorite: Tie between Shore Leave, Coffins and Cradles and Stowaway. Best season yet.
Season 4: Camp easily. But I also really love Temporary Blindness and Heart Smashers.

Honorable Mentions: Bye Bye Greasy, Psycho-Delicate, Wizards Baker, Guitarmageddon, Director's Cut, The Art of the Sucker Punch, Class Trip, Curses (underrated episode actually. McGuirk going to Erik's writing class was funny as fuck)
>>
>>78619233
It's been a while so I'm not sure what episodes are in what season... but bye bye greasy, renaissance fair, directors cut, and the wizards baker are some of my favorites. Honestly, the only one I feel is noticeably weaker than the others is honkey magoo.
>>
>>78612646
the art style is garbage
>>
>>78619233
Law and Boarder is a great s1 ep
>>
>>78617217

Doraemon says "Did you see the new DBZ movie?"
>>
Paula is one of the greatest cartoon moms ever.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
It's spaghetti time.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.