[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Superman's heat vision
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Superman_Heat_Vision.jpg (110 KB, 263x400) Image search: [Google]
Superman_Heat_Vision.jpg
110 KB, 263x400
How does it work? Is it like a blast that'll push villains back? or like a laser that'll cut through them?
>>
It will burn/cut through weaker villains but those with strong enough resistance could just get pushed by the force.

I think you're overthinking things.
>>
>>78612081

It's like cyclops but he can also burn stuff if the story calls for it
>>
>>78612081
Yes.
>>
It's supposed to be a heat beam. It was explained a few times. The best explanation came from Elliot S! Maggin. Kryptonians have a passive and an active nerve in their optical nerves. It's to be able to focus through the dense atmosphere of Krypton (like squinting), but on Earth, the excess of sun-created energy that Earth gets every day causes it to light up. Like, for example, someone who comes from a planet with no static electricity might find that he's able to do some unusual things with making balloons stick to himself. So it's something normal gone crazy, that then gets passed from writer team to writer team, getting more normal or more crazy per team's take on things.
>>
It's like Cyclops' beam: it depends on who the writer is.
>>
Trying to rationalize any other character is passable, but don't waste your time with that one.
>>
Superman's powers and abilities have changed a lot since his conception.

Going from being able to lift a car above his head, running faster than "a speeding locomotive", and leaping over buildings - to flight, all manner of visions, and a newly acquired "super flare".

Some abilities quickly forgotten - like making a tiny clone of himself with his hand, a memory-wiping kiss, using his "S" as prison, and reversing time by flying around the earth and reversing its rotation.

His heat vision is no exception - sometimes is more like a laser, sometimes it's more like a force or concussive. Best to not worry about it OP.
>>
http://www.qwantz.com/fanart/superman.pdf
>>
M A G I C

No one pumps the Bat Mobile, etc.
>>
>>78613007

In all fairness, superheated objects can explosively decouple from the rapid energy input.

Supes' heat vision shouldn't be treated as force blasts in that they shouldn't push things *away* from him, but instantaneously drop a few gigajoules of energy into a brick wall and it ain't going to melt, its going to explode (in every direction).
>>
>>78612081
The thing I've always wondered, how does any sort of optic blast power look from the perspective of the one shooting?

Can they actually see the beams or does everything just turn that color or do they go momentarily blind when they use it?
>>
>>78616907
>>78616907
cyclops can see when using his blasts, superman and others is unknown
>>
BTW,How hot is Superman's full power Heat Vision?
>>
>>78613832
this is retarded
>>
>>78618504
Surely it's varied over the years, but he once used it to heat the Earth in place of the Sun. If you take that amount of heat hitting the entire Earth's surface and narrow it down to the normal beam width he uses, the temperature would put any nuclear bomb to shame.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.