[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
KillSixBillionDemons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: WON44r.jpg (380 KB, 900x1165) Image search: [Google]
WON44r.jpg
380 KB, 900x1165
What is the general consensus about this webcomic?
How do you feel about it?

For those who need to develop an opinion: http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/kill-six-billion-demons-chapter-1/
>>
I'm pretty disappointed, I mean she hasn't even killed a single demon yet
>>
>>78610776

I think she has killed a single demon. the little one in her sink
>>
>>78610048

shit geeky comedic dialogue, that guy probably likes Joss Whedon too much
>>
>>78610048
A very visually lush comic with lots of stuff going in the background but I'm starting to wish they would get into the meat of the issue at hand, for now it feels like a bit of very pretty faffing about. Still though I'm enjoying it but I usually won't read it for a week or two and then binge afterwards.
>>
File: WON12.jpg (686 KB, 900x1165) Image search: [Google]
WON12.jpg
686 KB, 900x1165
>>78610048

Sorry for the brick i'm about to drop.

I'm a casual fan of webcomics, don't really read them very often, but like to keep my eye on things now and again. But I was absolutely captivated by the world this one built when i first started reading it.

It was alien to me, unique and seemed dangerous. A place you are beaten into accepting, rather than a place you want to live. I really love that sense of isolation.

And then, in what i guess was the second chapter? Third? (When she goes back to earth and then returns) it feels like that world's been totally thrown away.

She returns to some kind of wes andersons' india fantasy-land. I really can't describe how disappointed i was when i saw the demon character wearing high-waisted shorts and a, like, forest ranger hat.

Like this page i've uploaded:

All of its own lore and life. All the chances for personal characterization is just tossed away to bring in a joke and some earth-centric touchstones.

I just can't figure out why a person would go through so much trouble to build characters and worlds only to flatten them into contemporary cultural fads. Why not let the story build the personality? Or the world?

Just so disappointing.
>>
>>78611684

You know now that i think about it, it's not even earth-centric touchstones. It's northeastern US touchstones. Even more limited.

And now there's this twilight-lookin guy who's wearing some cocaine-chic outfit and i already know him. The characterization is done. He's from earth and is someone else's imagination because i've seen it already.

I care more about this than i have a right to, having absolutely no investment in it. I just was really hoping for some spark, but i think it's gone.
>>
>>78610776
She killed Vladok, too. Once a demon loses its mask, it stops being who it was. Princess Esquire, despite being the same bit of black flame, is for all purposes an entirely new demon.
>>
>>78611841
I don't really think you should let those few characters stunt your enjoyment of the comic so severely.

There's a lot of things this comic has to offer that redeem that.
>>
>>78611684

you do realize that the characters are not currently in the Cool World that you miss (Throne), right? they will almost certainly return there. they're out in some wasteland right now which is why there's not much to marvel at.
>>
>>78612087
In the new preview page today, Abaddon introduces a new world called "Mykos"

It's an -EYE FULL-

I think >>78611684 would appreciate it
>>
I don't even know why she should kill demons.

The seven demiurges are the problem that corrupts throne. What should killing all those demons change.
Most of them are relativly harmless and just chill along as everybody else. They hang out at bars etc.
>>
>>78612146
Kill six billion demons is a noun. It's not a phrase.
recall the meeting with the demiurges
>>
File: preview.jpg (1006 KB, 1500x971) Image search: [Google]
preview.jpg
1006 KB, 1500x971
>>78612115
>>
>>78611841
>He's from earth and is someone else's imagination because i've seen it already.

Lol
>>
>>78612164
I know that it is her name. But that name implies something she should do or some kind of prophessey. I just wonder why the demons
>>
>>78611264
this. I do the same with Unsounded, I'll wait awhile then really pour over it. Love it so far though.
The one thing that really bothers me is the order of knights that holds their sword in their teeth. That has always been fucking stupid and always will be.
>>78610776
what a weird hang up to have.
>>
>>78612192
For someone who owns a seventh of the multiverse this is a preaty small pallast to life in
>>
>>78612286
I think Mottom is more concerned with this plane's food.
>>
>>78612337
Well, permaculture sure isn't one of her concerns
>>
File: WON9.jpg (662 KB, 900x1160) Image search: [Google]
WON9.jpg
662 KB, 900x1160
>>78612192

I have no doubt that world will look great, but what good is it if it doesn't influence the characters? if they build themselves on things you don't even see there?

Here's another page, this angel character is killed/banished/reborn and its true character exposed. It's essence or whatever. Neat idea.

But she(?) takes issue with being called brother. Saying she feels feminine, like what the fuck? Look around you, these creatures don't give a fuck about your gender. This WORLD doesn't give a fuck about gender identity at all and yet you feel like you're being misidentified? How? What is 'feminine' in this world? Who's enforcing it?

It's just so jarring to see nonsense like this from a character who presumably has lived for longer than any of us.
>>
>>78612554
Gender identity is a huge theme of this comic though. E.g. the existence of the white/black flames and the duality of Yisun.
>>
>>78612554
Diddn't the angels don't like it because gender is too much of a human thing?
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-02+at+03.45.28).jpg (129 KB, 553x669) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-02+at+03.45.28).jpg
129 KB, 553x669
>>78612673
Yeah, it's a really neat idea for the character development of 82. An angel that is struggling with the identity of itself having been in contact humans and endearing them where angels are normally depicted as genderless. (Despite being named the "white sons of UN"
>>
>>78612650

I mean i'm not sure i see that as clearly as you do, they all seem to interact with one another based on other things. Like which guild they belong to, or what hierarchy of demon color they are. Gender really seems like a backseat issue, if one at all, in the way most of these characters interact.

Like where is the character's gender really determining the way they live their life? The main character is an earth girl and she's hung up about it, so they use ~her~ gender, but that's because she's carrying that baggage from earth. It just seems totally out of place in my opinion.
>>
>>78611684
I had the same disappointment you had, but I didn't feel too shocked. MSPAF's original KSBD thread was cheesy too.

But yeah, I feel Abaddon should not take too much direct influence from human cultures, so to speak. Why would Cio dress so "local" when you are in what's basically a conundrum of all the universe's cultures. Could be a little more alien.

>>78612192
This is still in the works right? Gotta say I'd dig the comic looking clean like this

>>78612554
that's a character flaw m8
>>
>>78613167
Yes, this is just a preview for the page to be released today.
>>
>>78612192
Goddammit Cio gets hotter by the page.

>>78613167
I second that, I think the comic looks nicer with flat colors.
>>
General consensus is it's great
>>
>>78611264
The very page in the OP is getting to the meat of the issue at hand
>>
>>78610989
>>78611980
Those are Devils, not Demons.
>>
>>78615284
We haven't even heard of a demon. They're probably the same thing.
>>
>>78611684
You are making really huge generalizations based on one character.
>>
>>78611841
>He's from earth
No
>and is someone else's imagination because i've seen it already
You're wrong. Dude just stop.
>>
>>78612192
I like how the palace is visible from this world as well as the Void.
>>
>>78615308
probably figurative. Demons as in vices.

Allison must strike out her weakness. Become pure Black heart fire.
>>
>>78610048
Still waiting for this to come out in book format before I get into it. I really like the art and designs of everything.
>>
>>78615341
But muh hat!
>>
File: 1425568270718.png (334 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1425568270718.png
334 KB, 512x512
Art is great. World is great.

I don't like some of the things that happened in the 2nd book.

I don't like the whole gender thing with the angels, but that's just because I'm personally burnt out from that whole debate circus that's forced into everything on this site. Its not necessarily bad in any objective sense, I'm just completely uninterested in it.

I don't care about Alison. Every other recurring character has me more invested than her.

Art is great though.
>>
>>78610048
art is phenomenal.
MC comes off as a bit run of the mill though.
>>
OP here. I've been following this comic for a very long time at this point. I was mainly curious of what other's thought of it.

I think it deserves much more attention than it has.
>>
>>78616296
There is a thread every update and even sometimes when there isn't one. It's pretty popular here.
>>
>>78610776
It's just an indian name like Crazy Horse or Satwinder. It doesn't actually mean anything.
>>
File: WON45-46full.jpg (1 MB, 1700x1100) Image search: [Google]
WON45-46full.jpg
1 MB, 1700x1100
Update. Liking the look of this place.
>>
I think a new thread with the new page should be made after this. Sageing this one so it dies and I can post the pic.
>>
>>78619601
but those names did have meaning, the meaning just didn't carry over when the name was literally translated into English.

K6BD might be just a name, but it's probably a name that is meant to be taken quite literally.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.