[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't understand why this show didn't just hop on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (185 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
185 KB, 1920x1080
I don't understand why this show didn't just hop on the "Netflix Original" Bandwagon so it could actually get a second season.

It seems like unless your show has like zero kinds of standards like Simpsons, South Park, Family Guy etc they will get rerun from now till the end of time while actual fun cartoons last barely a season and get put in either really shit time slot or fail because of something stupid and asinine like "bad toy sales"

It feels like if you want your show to have a solid chance its gotta be out on Netflix to see
>>
>>78609269
Comedy Central is stupid. Simple as that.

they are well known to just destroy their own shows with bad scheduling just because South Park is a gargantuan creature that consumes anything animation-related with the channel.
>>
>>78609567

That seems to be the case.

SP is Comedy Centrals biggest drawing show
FOX's 2 giants are Simpsons and Family Guy

To take this to a larger example

Nick's giant is SpongeBob when its biggest drawing show is TMNT

Cartoon Network's giant is Adventure Time because its the only show that has merch that sells. The only worthwild show there that draws in a huge audience is Steven's Universe

Disney's WAS Gravity Falls so now I think it might be Star Vs.

Disney doesn't have to worry about television animation anymore because the trivial squabbles of Nick and Cartoon Network mean nothing to it when it owns Star Wars and Marvel

Cartoon Network barely has any semblance of its original DC contract anymore.
>>
>>78609816

>Cartoon Network's giant is Adventure Time because its the only show that has merch that sells.

It's been a while since I've seen Adventure Time on CN, now that I think of it.

For some reason they must think their giant is Teen Titans Go, because that's on all the fucking time.
>>
>>78609269
How do Titmouse even sustain themselves anymore? All they do is getting cancelled.
>>
It's yet another reason cable is digging its own grave deeper and deeper, even just in terms of animation.

No matter what kind of show you are, you have a much more receptive audience on Netflix and you don't have to worry about schedules, you're actually valued for being something new instead of being screwed over for it, advertising isn't a big deal, your show basically lives and dies solely on its ability to appeal to somebody.
>>
>>78609918

Nah. I guarantee you AT maybe really shit in quality but its LOLSORANDOMXD humor sells a lot.

Jake merch like backpacks and Finn Hoodies make a ton of bank.
>>
>>78609997

Basically you're saying Netflix is making a mockery of big cable corporations the same way its been making fun of Blockbuster

Its just a bunch of out of touch business men who don't know what people like and the biggest issue is Nick suffers the worst from this.
>>
>>78610013

I mean in terms of actual showing on CN. Everytime I scroll through the day's listing on CN it's like, 2 hour blocks of Teen Titans Go with 30 minute/1 hour blocks of other shows in between.

Regardless, I feel like TTG gets far more attention than it deserves, which I imagine is a major opinion shared on /co/
>>
>>78609816
It's weird there isn't more of a television presence of the big two on the cartoon networks. If DC ever actually makes something worth competing over, do you think that Disney would have to go full force on the toons?
>>
>>78610111

There was a time where Disney only had like what one animated show for almost 2 years?

Phineas and Ferb was the like the most out of place show on a network that had nothing but live action garbage for hours on end.
>>
>>78609918
It came back on sometime near November, even with several new episodes. A few times a week I'll randomly see reruns on TV. Before that it was several months though, never noticed until someone here pointed it out.
>>
>>78610631

Ever since the Lich got flanderized the only selling plot point is PB and Marceline
>>
>>78610100
That's about right. It's the main reason, besides not muh titans, that the show gets hate - Cartoon Network's treatment of the show is basically "Do we not have something planned for this block? Put TTG in it."
>>
>ITT manchildren who don't realise that there opinions dont matter when it comes to cartoons.
The networks dont give a shit about you guys. It doesnt matter what you think about a show, because if kids like it they are golden.
>>
File: omi7acjjy7g6rj7ew8df.jpg (161 KB, 1500x563) Image search: [Google]
omi7acjjy7g6rj7ew8df.jpg
161 KB, 1500x563
>tfw this show ironically makes me want to buy a nagel guitar
too bad so few of them exist
>>
>>78615188
Aren't we talking about a show that's aimed at adults?
>>
>>78609269
Remember Dan Vs? Fantastic show, shitty channel. As a result, relatively few people even know about it.
>>
>>78609816
Comedy Central in general has been looking for more hipster stoner comedies and skit shows (Key & Peele + Amy Schumer have been huge hits with the network and critics) to fill their new programming because they know their major audience is the 18-25 demographic. Tosh somehow still gets new seasons despite being universally hated because dudebros love him.

Animation has no place on the network anymore. SP lives because of how popular it is, plus they know Trey and Matt are so popular right now they could go anywhere else and make major bank (Book of Mormon proves they have a career in Broadway Theater) so they allow them to have short seasons of SP as opposed to double length like before.

And forget about Adult Swim because the network has really fucking fallen from grace. Rick and Morty is the only good animated show they have now aside from reruns of their old stuff. Venture Bros too but the next season is apparently the last if I'm remembering right.

Netflix on the other hand has become something of a refugee for shows that would normally be big hits on Comedy Central. I'd love for Moonbeam City to get a revival there. FXX could be a good place too.
>>
I just came to this thread. I assume Moonbeam City is cancelled, huh?
>>
>>78615718
I stopped watching the Hub after this show left.
>>
>>78616119
I don't think it's official but it's pretty much a done deal.
>>
>>78616161
Damn that sucks. Why do all the shows I love get cancelled? Meanwhile fucking zombie Simpsons goes on forever and ever and ever and...
>>
>>78615935

Remember when Adult Swim aired the 4th season of Boondocks a season so bad it actually killed the IP?

Wasn't Stinkmeaner in all the really shitty episodes?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.