[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was way better than I thought it would be, I had some good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
This was way better than I thought it would be, I had some good laughs and feels through it. Bill Burr's delivery is what set it over the top for me though. What is /co/'s thoughts on F is for family?
>>
>>78604385
Poor Bill
>>
>>78604385
I liked it.
Pretty much same response you had.

Last episode was pretty brutal.

Hope they make more.
>>
>>78604385
I thought it was just okay. Liked it enough to watch more if they make it.
>>
>>78604385
I went in with almost no expectations and went out laughing my ass off.
Bill Burr and the little girl are the best characters.
>>
>>78604385
I love it. Frank's relationship with Maureen is pure gold.

> Kevin curses
> Frank tells him to not curse in front of Maureen
> proceeds to curse himself
>>
It was hardly funny, but I liked the characters and enjoyed the show as a sitcom. Maureen a cute.
>>
>>78610357
>Maureen a cute.

How much of a loli apologist do you have to be to like that bitch?
>>
It had a few funny as fuck moments but the story was by far the best part to me at least.
>>
>>78604385
It was nice. I'd watch the second season
>>
File: GenZedDancers-copy.jpg (813 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
GenZedDancers-copy.jpg
813 KB, 1920x1080
What is it with modern cartoons having cheap-ass animation? It makes the 80's look like Disney by comparison.
>>
>>78610543
If south park can do it with such success, everyone else is gonna save their budget on animation too
>>
>>78610543
Is this show set in the future or do its creators not know which letter comes after X?
>>
>>78604385

this was grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeat!

imgine that I posted a pic with some tiger
>>
>>78610543

It's cheap and nobody cares.
>>
>>78611910
protip: the English call the letter Z "zed."
>>
>>78610543
tv cartoons have always, always had cheap animation. the 90s were an outlier.
>>
Why does it have terrible colour sense and composition?
>>
>>78604385
Mediocre.
>>
>>78612931
Anon, there's a letter that comes between X and Z
>>
>>78604385
6/10. Good but not great.

It was kind of funny and had heart, which is nice, but I can't remember ever laughing out loud at anything. It's main problem was that it needed more episodes to flesh out the different storylines, everything felt way too rushed with only 6 eps.
>>
>>78613553
it takes place in the 80's
>>
File: 930.jpg (108 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
930.jpg
108 KB, 1136x640
>THAT scene
>>
>>78613727
Bill looking up at his dad's ballsack flopping around was probably the funniest moment of the show
>>
I'd watch more but I'm not going to be gutted if it never comes. I actually really liked the Oldest son but I fucking hated Justin Long's voice acting
>>
>>78613727
horribly cliched scene, but it was well executed.
>>
>>78604385
Meh. Mediocre as fuck.
>>
File: pizza shit.jpg (321 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pizza shit.jpg
321 KB, 1280x720
>>
The show really needs more female VAs. Mo Collins was practically every side female character and a few boy characters.
>>
>>78613615
Gen Y were the shitheads born in the mid to late seventies. They pretty much don't exist.
>>
File: counter.jpg (489 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
counter.jpg
489 KB, 1600x900
>Jesus!
>Jesus...
That bit got me a chuckle.
>>
File: 1450753743100.jpg (151 KB, 1403x789) Image search: [Google]
1450753743100.jpg
151 KB, 1403x789
>>78615294
I loke the edit better.
>>
>>78614430
Maureen a shit.
>>
>>78610543
>B U
>G S
>>
>>78614187
>Show about a normal, down to earth family
>"Scene is so cliche"
>>
>>78622884
It treats emotions dramatically rather than comedically. Continuity.

For example, in the first episode, the oldest son shouts at the father how he hates him and storms off and the dad goes outside for some fresh air. Homer would have strangled his son, Peter would have faux cried like a woman and suddenly had mascara on his face, and Gene would never say it to Bob because Gene is too one-dimensionally obliviously happy. That whole scene could have played out VERY differently but they decided to play it suddenly straight at the last moment and pull the rug out from everyone's feet.

Even the "Bill under the bed" scene is uncomfortable. The balls shot is the only comedy, but goddamn that kid goes through hell and it's some serious off-color humor shit going on. Compare that scene to Family Guy when the kids can hear their parents having sex.or in South Park when that happens.
>>
>>78613664
1973 actually
>>
>>78604385
I really liked it but they should send a check to Daniel Clowes for the art style.
>>
>>78628894
Looks more like Charles Burns
>>
>>78629158
They send the check to Clowes and Clowes sends Burns his usual cut for making a career out of aping his art.
>>
>>78604385
Has a really good intro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9FocQK9L4Q
>>
>>78629544
agreed. The Title sequence is leagues above any other "adult animated series", but the animation in the series it's self a much much cheaper than even the shitiest macfarlame shit.
>>
>>78631923
It sucks the animation is so Flash-y but at least they don't use B^U faces and the same 5 poses over and over. The characters move around in three dimensions, more like King of the Hill than Family Guy.
>>
>>78613727
>moans
>I hate you
>>
The drama felt contrived and forced due to the generic and poorly developed characters. It's biggest weakness I suppose is being so close to the superior BJ Horseman at all times. BJ got more eps to a season ofc, and had times to have the characters do actual funny things, whereas F4F had Franks airport battle, wifes whatever woman problems who gives a fuck, loser son who says fuck lel, pussy son who says fuck lel, daughter who RIPS UP SOME STUFF HOLY FUCK THEY REPEATED A JOKE PAT ON THE BACK.

inb4 Bill Burr Defense Force
Refute my criticisms, I believe they are pretty valid
>>
>>78613727
BAAALLLSS
>>
>>78634850
nice copypasta.
>>
When Bill gets jumped by the bullies, he has on a costume over his regular clothes. When he ditches the costume, he's on his underwear. What happened to the rest of his clothes? Why couldn't it happen to his underwear too?
>>
>>78613727

Who hasn't had that horrible moment of overhearing their parents fucking when they were a kid and being completely unable to drown out the noise.
>>
>>78614187
Yeah, I hate when movies have kids traumatized because they were underneath their parents bed while they were fucking, it's like in every movie now
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.