[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OK, so I just read some of this comic and I have to ask, am I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 18
OK, so I just read some of this comic and I have to ask, am I missing something? Why does /co/ hate it so much? Don't get me wrong, it's bad, it's really fucking bad; the writing is unfunny and juvenile, and the art is... amateurish at best, downright lazy at worst.
But with all that said, it's still not one of the worst comic books ever made, there's definitely far worse stuff out there, compared to something like Marville, Unfunnies or Chuck Austen's... anything this comic is pretty inoffensive and forgettable.
>>
It looks like shit and the author+writer defended it's shit look by pretending people were only mad because Squirrel Girl isn't attractive.
>>
>>78596079
But does that really make it one of the worst comic books of all time? Especially when that's a piece of information most people who read this aren't aware of anyway?
>>
>>78595820
>the art is... amateurish at best, downright lazy at worst

I consider it offensively bad and it's even worse that there's an editor who approves this garbage.
>>
>>78595820
>compared to something like Marville, Unfunnies or Chuck Austen's...
Because none of those are currently being published or being hyped to hell by "pop culture news" sites. I mean, everyone agrees that Marville and Unfunnies are horrible. There's really no reason to talk about those much lately. It might not be the worst of all time, but it is some of the worst being currently published.
>>
>>78596103
You asked why /co/ hates it, and I'm going to bet most posters here who talk about the comic know that fact.
>>
>>78595820
Because it gets unwarranted accolades for being some vague nebulous form of "groundbreaking" comic.
>>
We hate it because of how overhyped it is. CBR just said it's the 5th best comic of this year. Every site praises it with reviews. Even the fuckers at That Guy with the Glasses keep plugging this book.
>>
File: frigg.png (2 MB, 1481x653) Image search: [Google]
frigg.png
2 MB, 1481x653
Probably because a lot of people on /co/ have trouble compartmentalizing? It came along around the time certain things started getting tense, and it got lumped in with a lot of things /co/ likes to hate. Still not a good comic overall though.

Anyway I prefer the other frumpy redhead Erica drew.
>>
File: 1440388721746.gif (257 KB, 635x457) Image search: [Google]
1440388721746.gif
257 KB, 635x457
>>78595820
Because it sucks, but it's being treated like the greatest, most groundbreaking comic of the year.

Maybe it's just supposed to be girl humor or something? I don't know, but I find it to be incredibly boring and the art is fucking eyerape.
>>
>>78596176
>being hyped to hell
>>78596326
>how overhyped it is
>>78596492
>it's being treated like the greatest, most groundbreaking comic of the year

Yep. It's like how people just sortof know when something is "cool" or not. All the "authorities" on comics are bending over backwards to tell us how great this arguably-less-than-average comic is. The writer (whom I used to like), and the artist responding to criticism in such a wholly dismissive, condescending tone only makes things worse.
>>
>>78596406
Wait.
Please don't tell me she does the art for Guilded Age.
>>
Because Squirrel Girl was great and I always wanted her to get her own series since reading GLA
And then this happened
>>
>>78596492
>Maybe it's just supposed to be girl humor or something

It is not.

It's at best, webcomic tier humor. But the book is hyped as fuck because both Ryan and Erica have friends in the industry and they are not 'professionals' yet so 'journalists' are not able to smear their name to get a few clickbaits.
>>
File: retards zoro.jpg (46 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
retards zoro.jpg
46 KB, 640x480
/co/ hates it because it's a fun comic but the humor isn't Deadpool style LOL MEMES AND VIOLENCE SO RANDOM horseshit.

Also it's a comic with a girl hero but she's not drawn or written like an animu moeblob. This confuses and terrifies /co/.
>>
>>78599586
Here's your (you)
>>
>>78599586
>complains about lolsorandum
>posts lolsorandum anime
>>
>>78596406
This is Erica Henderson, too? Why is this art so much better than her Marvel work?
>>
>>78596756
>The artist got mad when someone asked if the black girl was a man

Thats just shit art right there. The level of same face is too much. Its just unenjoyable. Like stop puckering youre fucking lips and looking crossed eyed.
>>
File: ANIME.jpg (35 KB, 345x370) Image search: [Google]
ANIME.jpg
35 KB, 345x370
>>78599586
seek help
>>
>>78600443
>Why is this art so much better than her Marvel work?

a. It really isn't.
b. They don't have 'dot' iris/pupils.
>>
>>78595820
It's one of the most hackneyed, poorly paced, and flat comics I have ever read. I've been more entertained and impressed by goddamned Chick Tracts and Uwe Boll movies than USG. One of the biggest reasons I hate the book is because I really liked Squirrel Girl before this came out, and was really excited about the early rumblings of her getting an ongoing solo series. Then the book actually got released, and I finally realized that this is some Monkey's Paw bullshit.

I expect a lot of people are in a similar boat.
>>
I won't mind it as much if it wasn't for the fact that outside /co/ people are praising it as the greatest comic of our generation (Well, maybe that's an exaggeration but it really gets annoying that this gets recognition over a lot of more well deserving books)
>>
File: 1449187448926.png (216 KB, 340x400) Image search: [Google]
1449187448926.png
216 KB, 340x400
I hate it purely because of the art.

I cannot fathom how someone could draw this shit and say "Yes, this is acceptable".
>>
File: 143547898134.png (195 KB, 1400x1207) Image search: [Google]
143547898134.png
195 KB, 1400x1207
>>78599402
>But the book is hyped as fuck because both Ryan and Erica have friends in the industry and they are employed by Disney so 'journalists' are not allowed to smear their name to get a few clickbaits.

Fixed.
>>
>>78596079
Which is funny because I was the first person to say that. Here. The day the first issue came out. Can't tell me they're not lurking.

>>78595820
It's about girl power and they drew /co/'s waifu fugly. Those two things combined upset a lot of people.

I think the writing's funny, but apparently people take this comic super seriously.
>>
She doesn't even look like a squirrel...
>>
File: 249.jpg (9 KB, 262x192) Image search: [Google]
249.jpg
9 KB, 262x192
>>78596103
>But does that really make it one of the worst comic books of all time?

Nobody says it is, but it's still a godawful book that rightfully deserves the hate it gets. It doesn't help the majority of Marvel books aren't much better, either. In a way, it embodies everything wrong about ANAD.
>>
>>78603393

ANAD has always been about pandering to Tumblr crowd, but I agree, USG is basically the epitome of the worst that this comics line has.
>>
>>78603393
>>78603566
>ANAD

National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders has too much power in the comics industry. I'd tell them to choke on a cucumber, but they either refuse to eat it or just vomit it right back up.
>>
>>78595820
It was presented by some as the pinnacle of comic book art and writing. Sure way to spark nerd rage even when the work is actually good, so you can imagine the result with unbeatable squirrel-girl.

>>78599586
>humor outside memes and violence
>female protagonist that isn't whose beauty isn't a strongpoint
That must be the reason why the Bellybuttons threads are so popular.
>>
>>78600748
It really is.
>>
So reading this thread the biggest reason people have for hating this series is because it's so praised outside of /co/... well then, who the fuck cares? Seriously, why do you people care so much about other people's opinions? It just seems so silly to obsess over something so trivial.
>>
I think it stings the most because a lot of people loved Squirrel Girl in her GLA books, and thismkinda ruins the gag.
>>
>>78595820
Sounds like you're answering your own question there, bub.

Whatever you do, don't read Hellcat.
>>
>>78605454
>Sounds like you're answering your own question there, bub.
How?
>>
>>78605384
>the biggest reason people have for hating this series is because it's so praised outside of /co/

Did you not read the posts that say the art and writing is bad and it's simply a bad comic?
>>
>>78605384
>It just seems so silly to obsess over something so trivial.

It's more frustration that something this shitty can be so praised when we know other comics written by women that aren't getting half as much press.
>>
>>78605499
I pointed out myself how the art and writing weren't any good, it's still not the worst comic I've read, not even this year. There's much worse stuff out there, especially if you look for it.
>>
>>78602654
>Which is funny because I was the first person to say that. Here. The day the first issue came out. Can't tell me they're not lurking

Heh anon, stealing my identity? I hated this book the day it was conceived.
>>
>>78605539
/co/ doesn't look for comics. Why do you think we're so obsessed with the two biggest publishers and the biggest genre? Why do you think we're so obsessed with what the major websites (who are also obsessed with two publishers and one genre) say about this comic? The small stuff is beneath our notice. We're only casuals when it comes to the medium of comics, and we're just using comics to kill time between the next live action episode or the next live action movie. We need stuff spoonfed to us because we don't have enough interest to go out and look for things on our own. Well, we don't like the taste of this spoon, and now it's time to throw a temper tantrum.
>>
>>78605384
Because it affects other Marvel books. That's the biggest problem with shared universes.
>>
>>78605492
>Why does /co/ hate it so much?
>>>78595820
>it's bad, it's really fucking bad
>the writing is unfunny and juvenile
There you have it. It's not a good book. /co/ shits on it because it's a title that, quite simply, isn't very good. If there's something redeeming about it that isn't comically perverse (chubby girls!), then I'm sure /co/ would be open to chatting about it.
>>
>>78605384
It's not so trivial when there's more fucking Squirrel Girl Trades in my Local Book Store than there are actual good Trades.
>>
>>78605666
Does it? Seems pretty well contained to me.
>>
>>78605690
But it's not that bad, that's my whole point. There's much worse stuff out there, so if quality was the real reason then /co/ would be shitting on lots of other books.
>>
>>78605740
>There's much worse stuff out there, so if quality was the real reason then /co/ would be shitting on lots of other books.

You keep saying that but you are not giving examples.

And please, try to give current examples.
>>
>>78605774
The #1 comic in the American market, DKIII.
>>
>>78605774
Well, there's those zombie comics by Bill Jemas, for starters. Absolutely atrocious in every way and practically unreadable if you don't want to lose your mind.
>>
>>78605774
All those "fairy tale updated to be edgy and/or sexy" comics like Grimm Fairy Tales or Klaus.
>>
>>78601537
yeah it's just the art, people complaining about the writing are just people who like to complain about as much as they can

but the art is as bad as it can possibly be
>>
>>78595820

>people like squirrel girl
>she gets her own comic
>expectations are for it to be fun

>comic is lazy bullshit that causes eye cancer
>it get way too much praise for any number of terrible reasons

why would that not piss someone off?
>>
File: 1423965078174.jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1423965078174.jpg
8 KB, 200x200
>>78605828
>>
>>78605710
She appears in Starbrand and Nightshade as well as New Avengers.
>>
>>78595820
the new hellcat is worse by being really bland
>>
>>78595820
>Don't get me wrong, it's bad, it's really fucking bad; the writing is unfunny and juvenile, and the art is... amateurish at best, downright lazy at worst.
This is basically it
A comic doesn't have to be the worst of all time to be bad
>>
it misses the point of Squirrel Girl, which is that she's a goofy character who somehow manages to achieve major victories.

instead, it's all lame girl power stuff flavored with squirrel. she doesn't have any flaws and is convinced of how great she is, so when she beats galactus it's stupid instead of funny.
>>
File: suck my dick faggot.png (27 KB, 684x289) Image search: [Google]
suck my dick faggot.png
27 KB, 684x289
>>78606117
>>
File: 1435717483454.png (13 KB, 378x378) Image search: [Google]
1435717483454.png
13 KB, 378x378
>>
>>78606337
Post part of CBR top 100 with Squirrel Girl.
>>
File: squirral girl the unbeatable.png (574 KB, 960x768) Image search: [Google]
squirral girl the unbeatable.png
574 KB, 960x768
>>
>>78595820
Look at movement between panels and the backgrounds. Sure other art can be amateurish and lazy but it is just incompetent

A side from that jokes fall flat, when it tries to be clever it is grown inducing and it is just straight up a dull slog
>>
>>78600443
The lineart is just as bad, but this work has coloring that helps cover it up somewhat.
>>
>>78595820
Squirrel girl is my waifu and they drew her as an abomination in a comic with horrible art work and shit storyboard. Not only that but the person in charge of the run went full tumblr and stated that people hate her because she's "thick" and acting like he/she is some sort of revolutionary fighting an oppressive tyrant to free a nation.
>>
>>78605928
This. Holy shit, those Zenescope books are so fucking awful.
>>
>>78605740
>But it's not that bad, that's my whole point.
Yes it is.
>it's bad, it's really fucking bad
>the writing is unfunny and juvenile

It doesn't matter there is worse. This is bad in a very grating way and current so people talk about it. People don't talk about Marville often as it is old and no other work references it. Squirrel girl was a liked character before and still in other things, this is going to stick to her for a while but eventually no one will really care outside the rare thread or when someone goes "remember that horrible run she had?"
>>
>>78595820
Why is Hulk drawn like an old east asian man?
>>
>>78605384
We're not that obsessed with this ugly ass book man, we're trying to forget the ugly shit exists, no one was even discussing it before you started the thread.
so here's a summary
This book is highly praised despite bland, mediocre writing and webcomic tier art, we generally expect a bit more quality out of people that's why we hate guys like ramos.
It's just not a good book. I don't think many of us are calling it the worst of all time, but shit is shit.
>>
>>78606689
Time-travelling Amadeus Cho.
>>
>>78595820
Because /co/ had SquirrelGirl all to themselves and then Tumblr took it from them and made her into that. People can yell "but at least it looks different for a change" all they want but that doesn't make the art good. What is up with the mouths and huge ass cheekbones on everyone?
>>
>>78605384
No, I hate it because I wanted it to be good. Because it was launched by years of hype and buildup, and it's just boring and bland and generally a big steaming piece of shit.

At least Ms Marvel and Spidey are salvageable. The rest of Naval has been run into the fucking dirt over the last 3 years.
>>
>>78605740
>There's much worse stuff out there

So? This thread is about Squirrel Girl, it's a shit comic.

>so if quality was the real reason then /co/ would be shitting on lots of other books

/co/ does shit on other books, i don't know why you're so insistent on finding reasons people dislike this particular shit comic aside from the quality.
>>
>>78595820
/co/ liked shitty meme le so randum XD character Squirrel Girl, these comics are on par with her earlier appearances BUT now everyone likes it, and we can't have that.

tl;dr because /co/ is dumb
>>
>>78595820
>Chuck Austen's... anything

His x-men run was better than Morrison's

fight me
>>
>>78606542
She was always a shit waifu, anon.
>>
>>78607330
I don't fight retards, anon. Sorry.
>>
>>78607243

Squirrel Girl works better to me as a joke character. She should never be a real team member or have an ongoing
>>
>>78607921
Well you could make her work, it's called One Punch Man
>>
>>78607921
>Squirrel Girl works better to me as a joke character.
That's Marvel's problem right now. They've done this with a handful of other titles, too.

"What? This stupid idea is actually selling? Why not make it an ongoing? That way, we'll get numbers up the wazoo every month!"
>>
>>78607921
>>78608201
You don't even have to make her a joke character, just de-emphasize the superhero conflicts and when you do have her fight be clever about it.
>>
>>78605644
No, the bit about hating it because their waifu was ugly.
>>
I think OP really just wants to know why people obsess over a book they don't like and treat it as if it's the worst book ever made.

I personally can't understand why anyone even cares a shitty book is getting undeserved praise because it's not like this is some new thing that just started happening.
>>
>>78610913
Because 4chan is full of people who get triggered over feminism and anything they remotely associate with feminism.
>>
>>78610913
This is 4chan, most people here live meaningless lives, starting a crusade against something they hate is a way of giving meaning to their lives.
>>
>>78611880
It's not even just feminism I've seen people treat shit that's been going on forever like they're new things they need to get mad about.

It's so nuts. It's one thing when you're talking to someone IRL, but when you're on a board dedicated to comics you expect some people to be used to a lot of the shit they complain about by now.
>>
File: QSmZ7K9.png (122 KB, 250x199) Image search: [Google]
QSmZ7K9.png
122 KB, 250x199
>>78611880
I think it's the brow-beating that pisses people off. Like, people dump shit on Rob Leifield, but he never turned around and told the broader internet that the world just wasn't ready for his morally superior ideals. He can't draw feet, but he doesn't lord it over you like that's your shortcoming.

Squirrel Girl's artist can't draw very well either - pic related, you can't tell at a glance whether you're looking at the back or front of the character. But she turned around and complained that everyone was being sexist.

And before you act like ONLY feminism brow-beating pisses people off, stop and ask yourself why 4chan dumps so much shit on Dobson. He does the exact same thing and gets the exact same hate.

If you're shit at what you do, you can't evade criticism by attacking the moral character of your audience. It just makes the audience mad.
>>
>>78610913
>treat it as if it's the worst book ever made.
You keep fucking saying this
It's never not stupid
>>
>>78612139
This is the first time I've said it.
And people certainly do do that.
And it's not like it's out of the ordinary for this board anyway.
People on /co/ do this with a lot of books.
>>
>>78612201
>This is the first time I've said it.

>>78595820
>one of the worst comic books ever made
>>78596103
>one of the worst comic books of all time
>>78605539
>still not the worst comic I've read
>>78605740
>There's much worse stuff out there
>>78610913
>treat it as if it's the worst book ever made.

So I guess that means that literally the only people saying this are you and OP, assuming of course you're not simply pretending to be retarded
>>
>>78612379
You're confusing anonymous with anonymous
>>
It represents comics changing from pandering to /co/ and that scares /co/. I love that it keeps popping up on Best of lists. Comics growing!
>>
>>78612619
Which is why I gave him the out that it is just the two of them complaining about how everyone is treating it like the worst thing ever despite it being blatantly untrue
Which just makes the two of them stupid
>>
>>78612653
>best of lists
I thought his comic was selling like garbage? Not "best sellers" lists, obviously.
>>
>>78612688

It sells in trade pretty well but I was talking like Best Comics of the Year lists
>>
>>78612674
Okay then ignore the part of my post that triggers you and imagine I said something else besides "treating it like the worst thing ever"

I don't understand why people obsess over this and shitty books enough to have multiple threads about it that reach bump limit.

I don't understand why people are getting mad that a shitty book is getting praise that it doesn't deserve as if this is the first time something like this has happened.

I don't understand why people enjoy circlejerking about how much they dislike they book because that's really all the squirrel girl threads are.

I don't understand why people care that some hack that only got her job because she knows the right people is shrugging off any and all criticism about her book because this isn't new and people like this do things like this all the time.

I do understand why people want to continue to talk about how terrible the book is knowing no criticism is going to change it and knowing that it's not even going to be taken seriously because the people working on this book only want to hear good things.

Does this make you feel better?
>>
>>78595820
>"Why does /co/ hate this so much :((("
>"It's shit, terrible, written and illustrated by sjws, and is overall unappealing but why do u hate u jelly"

I hate these threads.
>>
>>78612821
Because Squirrel Girl is/was a decently liked character and the fans expected better. This is not a difficult concept to grasp
Furthermore, you claim people are "obsessed" with this trashheap and that there are threads about it all the time when this is the first SG thread I have seen in more than a month. You're whining about imaginary whining. Fucking check yourself, faggot
>>
>>78612872
>written and illustrated by sjws
Why does this matter? Why are you obsessed with the creative team's politics? Nobody gives Nathan Edmonson shit for being a staunch conservative.
>>
>>78612872
I'm sorry making you question why you hate something so much triggers your PTSD, I'll pay for your therapy, my friend :(
>>
>>78612876
That doesn't really answer any of my questions.

I know SG is well liked and I know that some people wanted a SG ongoing.

I know why people think the book is terrible

I never claimed or implied I see SG threads all the time. I did imply that all the SG threads are people circlejerking about how much they hate the book.

What I am confused about is why some people act like the bullshit going on with this book is something new. Something they've never experienced before.
What really confuses me is why these same people can't just be happy that the book is doing poorly and hope SG shows up in other books without this writer's involvement.

So nothing in your post was helpful. I'm still confused and it looks like you are too.
>>
>>78612758
Sure, but Anita Sarkeesian has been nominated highly in "women of the year" lists for a few years, and it's not because Anita is a quality... anything. Agree with her or not, speaking-wise she's as exciting as a dead squirrel by the road, her research is sometimes verbatim quotes from Wikipedia, and a lot of times she seems really confused about the games she'll describe. Still woman of the year because of the message she's preaching.

And Squirrel Girl preached that message. The misogyny thing, and that's been in vogue. I don't think you have to be talented to get in those "best" lists if you're preaching a popular ideal that year.
>>
The right amount of media push and terrible content. Remember when Batgirl was the most hated book on /co/? Well it isn't nearly as bad or nearly pushed as hard as Squirrel Girl, so the second it rolled out, Batgirl suddenly didn't seem so bad. It's possible Gwenpool pushes this out and becomes All-New All-Different Public Enemy #1, but the art for that is somehow still better than Squirrel Girl's.
>>
>>78613005
NO ONE CARES IF THERE HAVE BEEN WORSE BOOKS
NO ONE CARES IF THERE WILL BE WORSE BOOKS IN THE FUTURE
PEOPLE WANTED A GOOD BOOK AND THEIR EXPECTATIONS WERE BETRAYED
THIS IS NOT FUCKING ROCKET SCIENCE
IS ENGLISH NOT YOUR FIRST LANGUAGE?
>>
>>78613062
I did not say anything else about other books.
I am not talking about other books.
I am not OP. I did not mention "there are worse" books.
>>
>>78613061
Is Gwenpool doing poorly? I thought it was made by the same guy who does Dr. McNinja, and I love McNinja.
>>
>>78613061
>somehow

Gurihiru is legitimately cute. And Hastings did a comedy mini that managed to have a well-constructed plot, so even though the concept makes me cringe, I'm willing to give it a chance.
>>
>>78613107
Holy fucking shit dude. You are the stupidest fucking faggot
No one cares if all the shit has happened before. It's not new. That does not mean they are not disappointed and betrayed. How are you not getting this? Are you fucking autistic?
Fans of something don't give a single hot fuck how many times other fans of other things have been buttfucked by any of their similar circumstances because is it not happening to them and the thing they are fans of. When it happens to them and the things they are fans of they become upset. This is how fandom works. You are posting on fucking /co/, you really ought to understand this very basic thing, you tongue-slapping wunderkind
>>
>>78613229
Nah dude, I really don't understand why anyone would get mad that some hack in the comic book industry of all things said something stupid or insulted them because they can't take criticism.
It's exactly why I don't understand why people still make Dobson threads or threads about whatever nobody said or did something stupid.

I can totally get not liking a book, being upset that it didn't meet your expectations, or whatever. But I don't understand how or why /co/ talks about these things so much. I mean this for everything and not just SG.

Because to me a lot of the things that people complain about on this board shouldn't be such big issues for someone that's been reading comics for more than five years (which I assume most people who come to /co/ for comics do) and they should definitely be able to realize that it's probably not going to be permanent.

So whatever you think I don't get I do get. I'm just not getting why people act like the things they are complaining about are new things that never happened before and why they aren't just happy the book is doing poorly and hope you see SG in better books. Y'know, something that happens pretty often when someone gets a shitty ongoing.

I think it's funny as hell that you asked me if I'm autistic when you're basically saying you just want to complain about something you dislike for the sake of complaining about it.
>>
File: 1451454613445.jpg (19 KB, 301x294) Image search: [Google]
1451454613445.jpg
19 KB, 301x294
>>78612926
This isn't about Nathan. It's about Henderson. Her ideologies are hazardous as well as just childish. Shit.

>>78612951
A question you answered yourself, faggot. Do you like eating shit? Do you like getting shit on your hands? Would you watch someone take a shit? If no does that mean you like shit or hate shit?
>"Why do you hate shit /co/, I know it's shit but ayyy its shit ;))"

Literally your question.
>>
>>78613444
I asked why /co/ is so obsessed with it, not why they dislike it. Learn to read.
>>
>>78613444
>Her ideologies are hazardous as well as just childish
I could say the same about Edmonson's ideologies, and it would mean about as much as when you said it,
>Nathan
lol
>>
>>78595820
This, plus femThor, Ms Muslimmarvel, gay Iceman, Black/Hispanic Spider-Man, etc makes me glad I stopped reading comics around 2013.

The only one that wasn't immediately offensively agenda-pushing to me was Falcon Cap, and maybe I have a special place in my heart for the 70's Captain America & Falcon comics. But even then, one of the first issue was EVIL REPUBLICANS killing """UNDOCUMENTED""" immigrants at the Mexican border, and I realized they got to Falcap too.
>>
>>78613730
Why are you acting like minority characters being made for the sake of being minorities or to get minorities to read their books is a new thing for Marvel or DC?
Why are you acting as if "agenda" pushing is a new thing with these companies. Because if that's enough to make you quit comics you should have quit a long, long time ago.
>>
>>78613817
Minority characters being made isn't the problem, its that they're changing and replacing current characters (Yes Iceman, you've been around for 50 years, you've definitely been gay this whole time. Or is it only the past version that's gay, because going through a time portal made you crave dick).

>Because if that's enough to make you quit comics you should have quit a long, long time ago
>'makes me glad I stopped reading in 2013'

yeah all this new shit from 2015 made me stop reading back in 2013. Went back in time through the same portal Iceman did and now I crave dick, just like you
>>
>>78613898
Aside from Iceman what character did they change/replace?

And legacies of heroes being a different race or gender isn't a new thing. Do you not want any characters to pass on the torch or do you not want legacies to be too different from the previous?
>>
This thread is so full of sjw it's ridiculous.

>"If you hate it why do you obsess over it."

The same reason why Jew's hate the holocaust. The same reason why feminist hate men. ITS NOT OBSESSION YIU FUCKWIT, ITS HATE. YOU HATE THAT THINGS EXISTANCE BECAUSE YOU HATE IT.

Hate =/= Obsession
>>
>>78614173
Are you really implying you can't be obsessed with something you hate?
>>
>>78614233
I think he's saying the mere act of hating something isn't being obsessed. Like, sometimes you'd bring up something you hate but not all the bloody time.
>>
>>78614233
What I am implying is the answer. Hate alone us not obsession. You need hate or some other feeling to create an obsession. We are "obsessed" because we hate it's garbage. We make jokes about it, pick at it because it's garbage. It's cringe. If being obsessed means hating something and making light of it, let it be known it's because we hate it not because we have some secret fetish for it you nib.
>>
>>78606704
>We're not that obsessed with this ugly ass book man
Ha
Hahahahahaha
>>
>>78614423
What a lovely counterpoint.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (5 KB, 168x192) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
5 KB, 168x192
>>78595820
>Don't get me wrong, it's bad, it's really fucking bad; the writing is unfunny and juvenile, and the art is... amateurish at best, downright lazy at worst.
I think you just gave all the reasons why a BAD COMIC BOOK can be a BAD COMIC BOOK. I'm sorry, I fail to see what your dilemma is.
>>
>>78613061
>Remember when Batgirl was the most hated book on /co/?
Batgirl's still hated by /co/. That scene didn't disappear when the book came out.
>>
>>78614173
>>"If you hate it why do you obsess over it."
>The same reason why Jew's hate the holocaust.
Comic book nerds in a nutshell. If a book about their waifu is subpar, it's a Holocaust.
>>
>>78614470
I don't need to have a counterpoint when the statement is a delusional blatant lie. /co/ not being obsessed with Squirrel Girl is hilariously wrong.
>>
File: one ok man.jpg (62 KB, 728x678) Image search: [Google]
one ok man.jpg
62 KB, 728x678
>>78614587
So what? This thread can be summed as the OP and people like you acknowledging something is bad but being annoyed by the criticism of it for some reason. Also, given the reasoning of "there's worse out there so it should be discussed more," then why don't you guys just go after people who still post Loss parodies/edits?
>>
>>78614587
>>78614554
/co/mblr please kill yourself. You make this board a fucking laughing stock.
>>
>>78614715
This board was laughing stock before tumblr was even a thing.
>>
>>78614715
/co/ has been the laughing stock of 4chan for the last 4 years at the least.
>>
>>78614834
Yes, comblr has been around longer than 4 years too.
>>
>>78614923
He may be referring to something else. You should know.
>>
File: laughing_yellow_quiet.gif (371 KB, 245x250) Image search: [Google]
laughing_yellow_quiet.gif
371 KB, 245x250
>>78614960
I have no idea what you're implying.
>>
>>78615022
The technicolor horses.
>>
>>78615054
>did not bother to read the file name
>>
>>78615124
Har har.
>>
>>78613730
>one of the first issue was EVIL REPUBLICANS killing """UNDOCUMENTED""" immigrants at the Mexican border, and I realized they got to Falcap too.
Did you read the rest of the ongoing?
>>
>>78614587
Just for you, I just checked the archive of all thread of the last 7 days.

As far as I could find, there was exactly one thread about Squirrel girl (about her getting fifth place in the CBR list), with 2 replies. The only other thread that mentioned squirrel girl that I could find was about the CBR list, and there was an equal amount of hate towards Saga getting the #1 spot.

The hate has died down very much since it first launched, I only see storytimes of pain and like 1 thread a week complaining about this comic. Saying that /co/ is obsessed with Squirrel girl is blatantly false. While it's hated and people will mention it if there is good reason to, there isn't an eternal "Squirrel Girl Hate" general or something. That would be obsession.
>>
>>78614504
I'm asking why you're so obsessed with it, you fuckwit. Goddamn, it's like nobody here can read.
>>
It's not that it's a shit book with shit art and shit writing with shit creators behind it. It's the fact that it's all those things AND gets praised to high heaven by equally shit people on every fucking comic book site.
Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.