[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Donna Troy commands Amazons to massacre the male Amazons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 14
File: WW.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1822) Image search: [Google]
WW.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1822
>Donna Troy commands Amazons to massacre the male Amazons
>Amazons are sentenced to serve in Hephestus factory for centuries
>Donna Troy meanwhile completes a 1 month stint in prison before "learning her lesson"
>>
>Donna Troy somehow becomes Fate and Ares and Apolo are resurrected for no reason
>>
>>78581092

They were resurrected because it was Zeke's plan all along. When the whole point of him becoming Zeke was to stop having to do things like that.
>>
>Hippolyta dies because they literally left her under the rain to melt
>>
>>78581077
>male Amazons
Gargareans. They are called GARGAREANS. Why the fuck does everyone completely fail to learn this fucking word?

Also, Nu52 WW sucks. News at 11.
>>
>>78581148
No they aren't. These males aren't Gargareans
>>
>>78581235
They are the male children of the Amazons, aren't they? What else would they be?
>>
File: 45628108.jpg (46 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
45628108.jpg
46 KB, 720x540
>>78581235
>male offspring of the Amazon tribe living separate from them
>not Gargareans
>>
>>78581244
Time out. The Amazons murdered their children? What kind of fucking monsters are these people!?
>>
>>78581244
That's not what Gargareans are. They were a tribe of all males that the Amazons used as breeding stock. If there's no tribe there's no Gargareans.
>>
>>78581288
Stop with this Greek mythology crap, that's the cancer that's been ruining WW for years now
>>
>>78581244
The Gargareans was a tribe of males that the Amazons fucked for children either through and mutual agreement or by raping them, in the DC universe, the Amazons just board random ships, rape the sailors and kill them, then if any of them bear boys, they threw them off a cliff to die, but Hepheastus saved them to work on his forge. Hence, male amazons and not gargareans.
>>
>>78581302
Heroes, anon. Heroes.
>>
>>78581121
It may have been his plan, but it doesn't make any sense that they were ressurected because Donna became Fate or some shit

They were also using the "people have to believe in gods so they can exist" excuse, but that way all the gods would be dying
>>
>>78581324
>threw them off a cliff to die, but Hepheastus saved them to work on his forge.
They traded them to Hephestus for weapons/armour
>>
>>78581324
>rape

this shit again
>>
>>78581324
Gargareans weren't Amazons, idiot
>>
>>78581302
>The Amazons murdered their children?
Only in Nu52 continuity. Which is one of the major reasons both runs so far are so terrible.

>>78581319
>get told
>fall back on buzzwords
Delicious tears.
>>
File: 879887.jpg (124 KB, 428x387) Image search: [Google]
879887.jpg
124 KB, 428x387
Apparently the Finches considered the male amazons a "loose end" of Azzarello's run.

How they mistake a new addition to the mythos that can be used to produce stories as a loose ends it's beyond me.

But it's fine, it seems they're working hard to remove her god of war status as well.
>>
>>78581361
Are you really that incapable of interpreting text? Where in that post does it say that?
>>
>>78581324
>>78581288
>>78581244
>trying to make other people look dumb but you end up being the dumb one.
>>
>>78581389
>Apparently the Finches considered the male amazons a "loose end" of Azzarello's run.
The Finches are bad, but the less crap left over from Azzarello the better. Good riddance I say.
>>
>>78581410
The first post is saying the opposite of the other two, anon...
>>
>>78581324
This is really dark shit. Why does Diana associate herself with these sick fucking cunts?
>>
>>78581427
Now the post applies to me as well.
>>
>>78581339
Yeah, you're right, but he did it to keep them from being killed, didn't he?
>>
>>78581465
It served his own ends, he got an endless supply of slaves
>>
>>78581448
Because Brian Azzarello is a shitty writer who thinks making a character's majority supporting cast into evil caricatures is a good idea.

And /co/ loves him for whatever reason. Figures.
>>
File: Hephaestus_-_New_52.jpg (391 KB, 1280x1688) Image search: [Google]
Hephaestus_-_New_52.jpg
391 KB, 1280x1688
>>78581448
She didn't know that's what was happening. Also non of the Amazons knee that there was a back door dealing of trading the boys to Brodad.
>>
>>78581498
I liked it desu

It gave the Amazons some depth
>>
>>78581489
>there's no way the guy who got thrown off a mountain to die by his mother could be sympathetic to the male Amazons
You're dumb.
>>
WW has a great concept as a character but by and large her history as a character is straight up shit
>>
File: 1407719698463.png (27 KB, 88x170) Image search: [Google]
1407719698463.png
27 KB, 88x170
>>78581528
>being evil for no reason is deep
Like the cuts in your wrists, right?

You can always tell when you're talking to an Azz-fag because clearly never read any WW stuff before that garbage run.
>>
>>78581394
>>78581148
>male Amazons
>Gargareans. They are called GARGAREANS.

That was the first post
>>
File: Husband Hunt.png (2 MB, 569x1386) Image search: [Google]
Husband Hunt.png
2 MB, 569x1386
>>78581593
I agree with the other anon and I've read the entirety of post-Crisis Wonder Woman plus some issues of pre-Crisis and from the Marston run, entitled fag
>>
>>78581498
He gave her a different supporting cast, though.
>>
>>78581498
Go suck a dick, Jimenez
>>
>>78581593
>two different things can't be good, one has to be great and the other garbage.
>>
>>78581593
>Like the cuts in your wrists, right?
You're such a faggot. You say something like that, while accusing another one of being edgy.

Guess what, I read plenty of WW, both in her solos, between Perez, Rucka and Simone, and I still like Azzarello's run. I do think he went overboard with filthing up the amazons, but the good far outweights the bad in that story, and if you can't see that, you need to wipe off Jimenez' cum from your eyes.
>>
File: 1407726619253.jpg (27 KB, 400x397) Image search: [Google]
1407726619253.jpg
27 KB, 400x397
>>78581625
>Look, I posted an image from Marston's run that everyone has seen. That totally means I'm not talking directly out of my ass!
>I'm not a shitposting faggot, I swear!
Run along, casual. I can smell your bullshit through the screen.

>>78581634
Almost every writer gives her a new supporting cast. And this latest one sucks.
>>
>>78581724
I didn't post the image to prove I read all of that, just to point out the same shit in Marston's run

And not many people have seen that anyway, because it's largely ignored by Marstonfags and their cocksucking favorite writers
>>
>>78581338
Why would they be dying?

Within the DC world, I actually think that people would be becoming more religious as the physical presence of pantheons in the form of Diana, and the multitude of supernatural and superhuman beings that are publicly known actually prove the existence of some form of gods. There would probably be a decline in the following of traditional religions and an increase in the worship of gods. d
>>
>>78581448
Because within the story itself it's presented as a dark secret of Amazon society that isn't discussed and which WW's generation hasn't taken part in.
>>
>>78581762
>just to point out the same shit in Marston's run

Didn't Marston also have a berserker mode, that Azz essentially reintroduced?
>>
>>78581790
Yes
>>
>>78581649
It doesn't have to be that way. That just happens to be the case here. Azzarello's run is garbage that reads like Joss Whedon fanfiction, and makes the Amazons into evil monsters for no reason. Not my fault the hivemind is in denial.

>>78581681
>If I rattle off all these names that I've heard, that means I'm not full of shit!
Uh huh. And in fact, I've never read Jimenez's run. Really should get around to doing that at some point.
>>
>>78581829
Just go back to tumblr, m8
You can read stories that are more of your liking there
>>
>>78581829
>makes the Amazons into evil monsters for no reason

The Amazons seem to be ageless but not immortal in the Nu52. They view what they do as a necessary evil to keep their race in existence and a secret.
>>
>>78581790
Azz's run was actually pretty Marstony but don't bring that up or anti-Azz sperg here will flip his shit.
>>
>>78581911
This. Marston's husband hunt, on the other hand, was just Amazons capturing men to be their domestic slaves and for fun. Talk about being evil for no reason.
>>
>>78581347
>men can't be raped
>>
>>78581985
>consensual sex is rape because they were killed afterwards
>>
The Amazons are funded on ideas of discrimination and fear/hatred in all their incarnations. Not portraying them as violent barbarians should actually be considered the worse evil.

Especially considering that what Amazons do with the babies is not that different from what Spartans did in our world.
>>
Eventually some dude at DC is gonna legit stop giving a shit about Wonder Woman and publically fuck her entire canon. New 52 likes to destroy things so fuck it lets see how far we can push the boundary.

>Wonder Woman makes a new rule that men truly are better than women in every way since she just can't outpower Superman (Its New 52. It changes continuities on a whim so no amount of Wondie making Superman's eyes bleed will change the fact that New 52 can't keep its shit together)

>The Amazonians give up fighting believing it to be a pointless endeavor and just end up fucking guys from the mainland

>Wonder Woman lets huge corporations pollute and destroy all of Themiscara because the island is dead to her anyway and sees no point in ruling a worthless nation

>Casually just works for the Justice League now also lowkey fucking Superman on the side.
>>
Has DC ever known what they wanted the Amazons to be?At one point they were an all female utopia,later they kidnapped men for breeding purposes(after the breeding was done,the men were released) and kept the female children(male children were sent away).
Now Amazons kill all men and genocide male babies.
>>
>>78582076

Flashpoint Paradox is the worst example of this

>Shipping Aqua Man and Wonder Woman
>Some generic Amazonian Bitch gets all huffy Wondie is fucking a dude when she can do whatever the fuck she wants since she rules the fucking island

Its not like she was fucking some common guy she fucked the King of Atlantis. That's a powerful ally to have with you but NOPE

Civil war.
>>
>>78581911
>They view what they do as a necessary evil to keep their race in existence and a secret.
And how the hell does that require murder? They could just go to a bar and pick up some dudes. Or they could keep a stock of dudes on the island to pick up on occasion, like in the myths.

>>78581904
>T-tumblr!
Azz-fags in denial used to be funny. Now it's just sad and annoying.
>>
>>78581324
>The Gargareans was a tribe of males that the Amazons fucked for children either through and mutual agreement or by raping them, in the DC universe, the Amazons just board random ships, rape the sailors and kill them, then if any of them bear boys, they threw them off a cliff to die, but Hepheastus saved them to work on his forge. Hence, male amazons and not gargareans.

There's the reason i really hate this new 52 crap.
>>
>>78581829
>I've never read Jimenez's run. Really should get around to doing that at some point.
I personally found it preachy as fuck. You'll obviously enjoy it.
>>
>>78582154
Pre New 52 the Amazons did have a stock of dudes that they kidnapped and used for breeding purposes.After the breeding was done they would release them.
>>
>>78582076

In the New 52, the Amazons are a fucking killers.
They killed almost 90 years of Wonder Woman comics.
>>
>>78582250
>90 years of WW
>six trillion wymynz killed in the world of men

Lel. Go back to tumblr, femijewnazi shill.
>>
At this point,it would make sense to recton the Amazons into a warrior tribe where all the men dress like women and because of this the outside world thinks Amazons are all female.
People will complain because this is a bad idea or because they feel it promotes"degeneracy" but its better than what the Amazons currently are.
>>
>>78582055
>The Amazonians give up fighting believing it to be a pointless endeavor
>Implying this wasn't basically canon at points
>>
>>78582250
>90 years of Wonder Woman comics.

u wot m8
>>
>>78582390

I mean granted it be seen as a good thing since it pretty much would cripple Ares.

No but I mean REALLY push on how shitty it is to be a fan of DC comics. I'm waiting for Lex to sell the Amazonians as obedient sandwich making sex slaves because we need to push the boundary on comically evil as SJW see all successful men.
>>
>>78582376
I like this, fits my femdom fantasies
>>
>>78582376
Oh, oh, oh! What if all Amazons are like those blue aliens from Mass Effect and can have dicks?
Blue aliens from Mass Effect can have dicks, right?
>>
>>78581127
>Hippolyta stopped being a magically animated golem for...some reason
>>
File: WWCast.jpg (415 KB, 1027x380) Image search: [Google]
WWCast.jpg
415 KB, 1027x380
>>78581724
>Almost every writer gives her a new supporting cast. And this latest one sucks.

You mistyped "rocks"
>>
>>78582376
I would like this.
>>
>>78581724
How can you hate someone as based as pic related?
>>
>>78581077
Donna troy was being manipulated.
>>
>>78584120
The Amazon's were also being manipulated, by Donna
>>
>>78584120
But she wasn't being mind controlled
>>
>>78582076
And the less said about Amazons Attack, the better...
>>
>>78581389
Azzarello's additions were a delicate spinning plate act that the Finches were incapable of maintaining...

Granted they shouldn't have just let the plates crash to the floor but still...
>>
>>78581389
It was a loose end, a loose end that was there for other writers to pick up and explore as Azzarello himself said, not to just cut the end and burn the rope

But there's one Manazon left revealed in the last issue, let's see what the fuck they will do with him
>>
>>78584338
Who the Amazons forged out of the clay of Hippolyta... rather than just restore Hippolyta to human form, even though the main conspirator (The Old Witch from EC Horror Comics)'s primary motivation was to restore Themyscira to the days of Hippolyta's reign, given how she was in love with heAND NOW I'M CROSS-EYED
>>
>>78585049
He's just going to become a cookie-cutter "RARRR MISANDRY!" super-villain, I just know it...
>>
>>78585133
Would love an MRA comedic villain
>>
File: WW_Cv48.jpg (1 MB, 950x1442) Image search: [Google]
WW_Cv48.jpg
1 MB, 950x1442
Everyone keep saying they should revamp her classic rogues instead of using the gods/creating new ones, but it couldn't have happened with a worse creative team
>>
>>78585168
I want Johns or Morrison to try her

Though I suspect the reason they haven't is because they know she's hopeless
>>
>>78585168

^^ Tiny Wonder Woman and I remember the time when Finch had balls to draw as he wanted.
>>
File: Untitled.png (260 KB, 261x637) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
260 KB, 261x637
>>78585168
>WW_Cv48.jpg

Wait... They didn't...

>Looks back at #47

MOTHERFUCKER THEY'RE WHITEWASHING DOCTOR POISON, AREN'T THEY?!
>>
>>78585271
It's her

Also, it's now 100% confirmed the DCYou costume is dead
That was fucking fast, but I'm not surprised
>>
File: XrCSMRt.gif (2 MB, 300x170) Image search: [Google]
XrCSMRt.gif
2 MB, 300x170
>>78585407
God fucking dammit... It's bad enough that they're whitewashing one of Diana's oldest rogues but couldn't they at least TRY to not make her look generic as fuck?

At least it'll be sure to draw some ire from Tumblr and the like...
>>
>>78584078
Him being Cassie's dad is the best thing they could have done to her character since she is so shit in New 52.
>>
>>78585237
Johns is writing her in Justuce League and has no time for more comics since he moved up on the DC chain and Morrison is doing WW Earth One.
>>
>>78585146
Thing is a Condiment King-tier "foiled in one page" MRA villain would be a nice addition

But knowing the Finches, they would probably play it painfully straight...

Hell, they practically did with Aegues
>>
>>78585819
I legitimately feel bad for Aegeus. Even a z-list villain didn't deserve that treatment.
>>
>>78581498
>implying the amazons are Diana's supporting cast
>not Steve, Etta, the Kapatelis, the Sandsmarks, or any of her actual supporting cast
>she has to stay home and dick around on her stupid island forever instead of being a superhero
The Amazons are an albatross around her neck. It's like not letting Clark leave Krypton.
>>
File: Artemis14.jpg (52 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Artemis14.jpg
52 KB, 800x450
>>78586695
Diana has always been an ambassador for the Amazons to Man's World. Going back to Amazon Island emphasizes one of the unique parts of her character and is a good jumping off point for straight mythological shenanigans. Also, Artemis used to be there and she's the best.
>>
>>78585679
>Morrison is doing WW Earth One.
Will be cool considering his comments
>>
>>78582000
Not all of the men did it consentualy
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.