[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What capeshit actors are the biggest comicbook fans? And not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 806x456) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 806x456
What capeshit actors are the biggest comicbook fans?

And not just the fans of the characters they're playing but fans of comics in general.
>>
>>78579192
Not capestuff but I know Leonardo DiCaprio's a big fan of underground comics. Jessica Hynes is really into alternative comics but I can't think of any actors who've played superheroes who are fans of the comics also.
>>
>>78579192
>Not capestuff
>explicitly not what OP asked
>>
>>78579344
Apparently Leo's dad is a big time underground comic editor/publisher on the west coast. That's kinda neat.
>>
>>78579406
>fans of comics in general
>>
>>78579344
>I can't think of any actors who've played superheroes who are fans of the comics also.
I remember reading here that Samuel L. Jackson has mentioned liking Frank Miller comics even before starring in comic book movies and that Sylvester Stallone was a fan of Judge Dredd -- his involvement as a fan made the movie a lot less worse reportedly.
>>
Nicholas Cage, I think.
>>
>>78579505
He tried to pull for keeping Dredd's mask on at all times, but every suit involved was throwing a conniption at the idea of hiring Sylvester fuckin' Stallone, only to keep his face covered for the whole film
>>
Charlie Cox did an AMA and said he's been reading a lot of comics since he was cast as DD.

>Since I got cast in the role, I have read hundreds of comics. There are so many great characters but some of my favorites are the following: The Punisher, The Purple Man, and Thor.

>You've probably read a lot of Daredevil comics by now. Which story arc was your favorite and why?
>I really love the issues when Matt Murdock is defending the White Tiger. It was so cool to read a comic book with such a compelling courtroom scene. I also have to mention Jeph Loeb's Daredevil Yellow. So touching.
>>
>>78579505
Jackson is a huge comic fan. He's even reading 100 Bullets in this music video for Snakes on a Plane

https://youtu.be/A1wMyKQ6jUg
>>
>>78579604
That reminds me that Tom Hardy mentioned reading and liking 100 Bullets due to being involved with the movie.
>>
>>78579192
Affleck. He is the reason why Daredevil movie has been made. Heard that DD is his favorite character.
>>
>>78579658
He also built a Batcave into his old house
>>
>>78579192
Thomas Jane got into comics after doing Punisher. He even started his own publishing company just for the comics he wanted to write.
>>
Mark Hamill is a huge comics whore.
>>
>>78579532
He seemed to genuinely care in the "Death of 'Superman Lives'" documentary.
>>
>>78579898
He was taking part in the "red trunks are so stupid and outdated xD lol" circlejerk, I doubt he's a Superman fan.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 168x168) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 168x168
>>78579898
Nicolas Cage is a huge comic nerd, at one point he owned a copy of Action Comics #1 that got stolen, has a Ghost Rider tattoo on his arm, named one of his sons Kal-El and even co-wrote an awful comic with his weirdo other son (pic related). Rumor has it he was a huge factor in stopping the madness that was Superman Lives.
>>
>>78579532
he literally named himself after Luke Cage, named his kid Kal-El (poor kid), and has a huge tattoo of Ghost Rider that they had to edit out of the Ghost Rider movies.
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 327x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 327x450
>>78579706
Jane is such a fanboy that when he heard a Jonah Hex movie was in the works, he sent a picture of himself in full costume and make-up to the producers because he wanted so damn much to play Jonah. Also there was that Punisher fanfilm he did with Ron Pearlman.
>>
>>78579959
He even pitched a movie about the robbery of his Action Comics #1, with the twist that he'd play the thief and someone else would play Nicholas Cage.
>>
>>78580133
that is absolutely nuts, but I'd watch it
>>
>>78579940
>names his son Kal-el
>isn't a Superman fan
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>78580055
Didn't he voice Hex in that one animated short?
>>
File: Jonah Hex - Concept Art 01.jpg (289 KB, 758x1500) Image search: [Google]
Jonah Hex - Concept Art 01.jpg
289 KB, 758x1500
>>78580660
Yup. Man got his wish, in a way.
>>
>>78580689
>You will never have a Jonah Hex Animated Series

Feels bad, man.
>>
>>78579192
Ryan Reynolds, Nicholas Cage, Samuel L. Jackson. To name a few.
>>
File: yesilikewherethisisgoing.jpg (14 KB, 310x295) Image search: [Google]
yesilikewherethisisgoing.jpg
14 KB, 310x295
>>78580133

Holy Shit!

Fund It!
>>
>>78579532
Nicholas Cage is real life big daddy.
>>
File: henry-cavill-action-comics.jpg (934 KB, 2000x3000) Image search: [Google]
henry-cavill-action-comics.jpg
934 KB, 2000x3000
>>
>>78579192
Samuel L. Jackson is a longtime comic book fan. Mark Millar and Marvel didn't have his permission to turn him into Ultimate Nick Fury fifteen years ago, but they figured he'd be cool with it. He was (maybe some money changed hands, I don't know).

>It was kind of weird. I just happened to be in a comic store, and I picked up the comic because I saw my face. And I was like, ‘Wait a minute, I’m not sure I remember giving somebody permission to use my image.’
>>
>>78583943
>Cavill almost missed the call that he got the role of Superman because he was busy raiding in WoW
Why is he so perfect?
>>
>>78583943
It's just a photo of him holding a comic. Probably a fan gift.
>>
>>78584169
What's up with Superman and WoW? Brandon Routh plays (played?) a lot of WoW too. I remember way back during Superman Returns promotion he said in an interview that he loved it, but he was really behind and hadn't gotten past Scholomance.

Scholomance was awesome.
>>
>>78580572
My friend was named Bruce because his father was a fan of Burton's Batman movie, doesn't mean that his dad is a Batman comics fan.
>>
>>78584884
Bruce is literally a name
>>
>>78579581
He has great taste
>>
>>78584204
It was a comic con thing
>>
File: 1406399070876.jpg (106 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1406399070876.jpg
106 KB, 600x450
>>
>>78584922
So is Kal-El. An unorthodox one, sure, but a name nonetheless.

I simply don't buy Nicolas Cage being a comics fan, I think he just collects expensive shit because it's one of the joys of being rich and that he doesn't even read comics.
>>
>>78579959
>Rumor has it he was a huge factor in stopping the madness that was Superman Lives.

He wasn't. If you watch the documentary for it, you'll see that him and Burton were eager to start filming.
>>
>>78585077
Are you fucking retarded?
Bruce is a normal name, even if the dude likes Burton's Batman, it's just a nice way to find a good name
Kal-El is full-blown retarded nerd father tier, like those retards that name their daughter Daenerys
>>
>>78579658
Batman is his favorite character, but at the time he never thought he'd get the chance to play Batman so he did Daredevil instead, who he also likes. Matt Damon is also a big Daredevil fan.
>>
>>78584204
He named his dog Kal and adopted a Bat named Ben.

He also talked about how much Superman stuff he's read in an interview.
>>
>>78585289
Nah, DD is. Also, Miller is his favorite writer.
>>
>>78585215
Lots of fucking people give their kids weird names, Hollywood folk especially. I don't think calling his son Kal-El means he's a fan of comics. Neither does owning a handful of really expensive one or having a tattoo of a flaming skull.

Just like I don't think all parents who name their daughters Madison are fans of the movie 'Splash'.
>>
>>78579532
Someone once stole his copy of Action Comics #1
>>
>>78579940
>We disagree about a concept
>HE'S not the real fan, I AM!
>>
>>78585215
>not naming your daughter Daenerys, then fucking her 14 years later when she comes of age

Pleb
>>
>>78585568
Does Nicolas Cage even have a favorite comic? Or a writer/artist that he's a fan of? Or any interviews of him talking about how much he likes comics?

>HE'S not the real fan, I AM!

When did I call myself a real fan? If anything, im comparing him to other celebrities who are actually comic fans.
>>
>>78584884
>>78585077
>>78585361
You are literally retarded
While people disagreeing with you are providing facts to support their side, your argument is basically just "nah I'm not buying it, it's just cuz he's rich and can" despite having no reason to believe this and no evidence to support it.
>>
>>78585635
>not cutting your dick off to preserve your chastity
>>
Well its more /tg/ than /co/ but Vin Diesel is really into Dungeons and Dragons. His whole Riddick character is based straight off his rogue character. I vaguely remember him saying he played a lot of WoW at some point but I don't have a source for that.
>>
File: CXVYnsdUoAEQFJH.jpg (72 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CXVYnsdUoAEQFJH.jpg
72 KB, 600x600
Clark Gregg loves comic books and has said before that he was a big Marvel fan even before he was cast as Coulson. He's great in interviews because he knows about Marvel and isn't just speaking as an actor that took on a role like Chris Evans or somebody
>>
>>78585827
He does play vidya. Someone on /v/ has him on Steam friends and even got him to join Ventrilo a couple times. I forget what game they were playing, might've been Runescape or some other neckbeard shit like that.
>>
>>78585827
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hRJDuEAPlA
He can't even hide his power level the big nerd.
>tfw you will never hang out with Vin Disel and play wow
>>
>>78585856
> big comic fan growing up
> neighbor calls saying he has a small role in a superhero film
> studio is desperate for a success
> film is a huge hit
> called back for cameo in another film
> and another
> killed off in the biggest superhero film ever
> fans petition for your character to be brought back
> get to headline in a network TV series set around the plot of your character coming back to life
> get introduced into the comic universe you love and grew up on
> get a comic centered on tour character and his crew

Whatever you think of the Marvel, Clark Gregg is living the life
>>
File: ColdSpace4_BOOMStudios.jpg (189 KB, 900x1385) Image search: [Google]
ColdSpace4_BOOMStudios.jpg
189 KB, 900x1385
>>78584130
Samuel Jackson has actually co-written a published comic, believe it or not (see pic). I have a copy of the trade paperback somewhere (it was half-decent, but not very memorable).
>>
Didn't Andrew Garfield and Grant Gustin read a lot of comics? I know Garfield loves Spider-Man and Gustin Superman, but idk if they ever actually read anything.
>>
>>78586931

Here's Samuel Jackson's introduction to said Cold Space TPB, where he talks about how he grew up reading comics and his favorite comics genres ("cop and crime dramas, thrillers, stuff with a foundation in history, and classic samurai manga").
>>
Simon Pegg was first on TV with Nick Frost in an apartment sitcom called Spaced, where he used to sit on his sofa reading 2000AD.

In 'Paul' 2009, they travel in an RV to the San Diego Comic Con. This from IMDB about a scene in a comic store, "During the sequence in the comic shop, an issue of "The Boys" (a genuine series) can be seen on one of the racks. One of this comic's main characters (Hughie Campbell) was intentionally drawn to look like Simon Pegg. Pegg wrote the introduction for the first collected edition of "The Boys".
>>
>>78586811
SO JEALOUS
>>
>>78587060
>Andrew Garfield

I know he was a big enough fan of Spidey that he cried tears of joy when he found out he got cast, and said Peter really meant a whole lot to him
>>
>>78589546
i feel bad for the guy
good actor put in bad movies
>>
>>78590277

Yeah I really liked him as Peter too, even if the ASM movies were kind of a hot mess.
>>
Patrick Stewart though he has a low power level compared to others.
>>
>>78591000
Low power level?

The motherfucker did a Spider Jerusalem monologue in a public restaurant trying to get a Transmetropolitan film made.
>>
>>78584130
Apparently, Jackson has a collection of rare first edition Lone Wolf and Cub books.
>>
>>78587060
He also wanted to have spidey fag out on a black dude just because he thought he would be a fun acting role.

Definitely not a fan if he thought that would fly.
>>
>>78592906
>HE WANTED DIFFERENT! ME NO LIKE DIFFERENT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>78584800

Stop reminding me of old school vanilla, it's sad enough to think about how we can never go home again.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.