[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do y'all feel about Peggy Carter? Is she a good character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 6363775_orig.jpg (193 KB, 528x800) Image search: [Google]
6363775_orig.jpg
193 KB, 528x800
How do y'all feel about Peggy Carter? Is she a good character to expand upon or a waste of time?
>>
>>78561394
I don't care for the setting, and the character (and her tits) aren't interesting enough to make me care when the majority of the appeal of her show is the setting and tits.

I'm sure it's good enough for people that our down for that, but unless they start adding in some golden age heroes like The Angel and Human Torch, then I'll just be over here not watching ABC until AoS starts back up.
>>
>>78561494
How do you not like this, but then enjoy agents of shield which is worse? It does even less with the concept
>>
>back to the kitchen every five minutes
>is it because I'm woman every seven minutes
>some guy acts all chauvinistic
>Howard Stark is dick and traitor!
>Jarvis is swell guy
>Hydra, Hydra, Hydra!
>>
>>78561539
Like I said, I just don't really care about the setting. That whole post-WWII aesthetic and all the played out tropes that come along with it do nothing for me. I thought the episodes I watched were fine, and can see why people would like it (hell, it was certainly significantly better than AoS was when it first started out), but I'm more invested in AoS' characters than Agent Carter's and modern day MCU stuff is more interesting to me.

If they're going to do a period piece about a non-superhero z-lister, I'd rather they do a Rawhide Kid show.
>>
I'm not even a pol guy, but does anyone else find it strange that almost every female superhero is being paired romantically with a black man? It's even Peggy Carter now.
>>
>>78561648
Yeah, except all the characters on aos are terrible OCs made by Joss Whedons cronies so your whole thought process doesn't make sense
>>
>>78561494
> This shows only appeal is tits
That is one hell of a shit theory, go fuck yourself and that shit movie prologue.
>>
>>78561663
Not really no, Jessica and Cage doing the cookies and cream shuffle has been around since Alias. I have always and will always say that a race and sexuality doesn't matter in stories because white or black, homo or hetero there is no real change to the story.
>>
>>78561589
There was no Hydra in season 1. And there was a ton of sexism in the workplace in the 40s.
>>
>>78561813
For real though, it's Jessica Jones, Supergirl, and Peggy Carter just on TV, then in the comics it's Supergirl, Power Girl, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel and Batgirl.

Every prominent female superhero is paired romantically with a black man
>>
>>78562047
well the ones who aren't gay at least
>>
>>78561394
Shows pretty good but i wouldn't read it if it were a comic. i need to be able to zone out when I'm burnt out on the repeated motifs when I find them boring.
>>
>>78561494
So you hust want nostalgia and reference fanwankery?
>>
>>78561589
>I am sick of getting all this sexism shoved in my face

No shit, that was your life if you were a woman in the 40's all the way to the 70's.

What I think is retarded is Marvel avoiding the racism because if they are going to tackle this shit it's kind of insulting that they are ignoring the other.
>>
She's so hot.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.