[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /co/ How would you rate Sandman comics and what would your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: sandman,morpheus.jpg (69 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
sandman,morpheus.jpg
69 KB, 900x675
Hey /co/
How would you rate Sandman comics and what would your review be like?
>>
0/10
overrated sjw shit
>>
I'd rate it highly the art is gorgeous for most of the series and Morpheus is a really cool character, it tends to drag kind of toward the middle and then had a decent finish but the early issues and a few parts of the late series at great. It's not like the greatest comic of all time obviously but if you like the characters and setting it will definitely be a good read. Luckily Morpheus doesn't change much, kind of the whole point, so if you like him by the first few issues you'll probably like the whole thing.
>>
>>78553101
This is the future you chose /co/, this is what you've become.
Happy New Years
>>
>>78553073
It was rather dreamy.
>>
>>78553073
>How would you rate Sandman comics
Highly

>what would your review be like?
I loved the Sandman comics. They are surreal, existential, and are beautifully done/written.

I like how Dream (Morpheus) is simultaneously a dark and moody character - while also being subservient and cordial. He's always righting wrongs and making sure things are "the status quo". He definitely has depth.

Neil Gaiman proves that he is an excellent story-teller - no matter what is subject matter is.
>>
>>78553073
I am just starting it, and so far it's beautiful.
I love Neil Gaiman as a novel writer and it's nice to see his touch in comic books as well.
The art is quite pretty too.
Neil Gaiman is actually what's getting me into comics, this is the second one I'm reading so I might be over enthusiast about it.

On a related note, where would you suggest I go from here? I already have bought Watchmen, and was thinking about The Incal.
>>
>>78554164
Gaiman was once Moore's protégé - so it goes to reason that if you are reading The Sandman and are enjoying it, you might also like Watchmen too.

Both Moore and Gaiman kind of deal with the deconstruction of comics - and deviated from the norm. It's not for everyone and it's definitely not your traditional "cape" stuff too.

>The Incal
Definitely fits in this category as well.
>>
>>78553618
These kind of shitposts wouldn't have happened if some of you didn't went full tumblr in the first place.
>>
>>78553618
Sort of related note, a transwoman I know read this and Wanda encouraged her a bit as a kid.
The moons opinion of Wanda put them in a stark light for me. You can call an apple banana but they wont be walking upon that road.
I still feel Wanda's death was very unfair and unnecessary
>>
Are the trades with the new colouring good enough, or should I try to get the old ones?
>>
File: Babe Sapiesn and Hellgirl.png (904 KB, 1189x757) Image search: [Google]
Babe Sapiesn and Hellgirl.png
904 KB, 1189x757
>>78554164
I recomend some things of Grant Morrison.

All Star Superman is a good try, maybe Petz too. Transmepolitan is other good comic, and Hellboy.

Godamn, read FUCKING HELLBOY. Its one of the few comics that everyone thinks its good, and it has the perfect mythological style that any fan of Sandman would love.
>>
>>78554426
I have all the TPBs - I think they're great. Haven't noticed anything wrong or discolored with them.

Unless you're collecting and/or willing to drop some serious cash - I wouldn't hunt down all of the floppies.
>>
>>78557511
I was leaning towards the newer trades since they're cheaper and easier to find, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.