[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I guess this is the best place to ask, but I'm a Storyboarder/Director
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (186 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186 KB, 768x1024
I guess this is the best place to ask, but I'm a Storyboarder/Director for Flash Animations, and I want to open a Patreon. Is that something that deserves funding? I personally find the projects I work on, which includes paying Animators and stuff, but shit's expensive. Should I start up a Patreon to really be able to afford working with Animators and such, or is it not something people would even want to fund?
>Why would someone fund me when they can just fund the Artist.
>>
>>78551273
*I personally FUND the projects
>>
The feedback from this website might be less helpful than you hope, friend.
>>
>>78551273
do you have a portfolio of work to show off?
>>
Have you done any actual animation?
Petron is for people who makes stuff not idea guys.
>>
>>78551309
I asked the Animators I'm working with and they all pretty much said "idk man just try". The Animation I'm working on right now cost over $2K, and it's not even halfway done.
>>
>>78551347
>>78551348
I have all the Storyboards I made, and the soon-to-be Finished Projects that I Directed, which like I said are Flash Animatio
>>
>>78551368
Oh, and I should specify that it is Hand-Drawn Animation converted to a Flash Video, NOT just Flash Animation.
>>
>>78551368
Make a career first and then make a patron, who is going to pay you if you have no fans?
>>
Patreon is for finished works.

If you do storyboards, seek gainful employment.

That, or complete your storyboards into finished works and then start a Patreon.

By the way, no fanbase = no money.
>>
>>78551789
>By the way, no fanbase = no money.
Yeah, if you need to ask these questions on /co/ and don't have access to anything bigger and more dedicated to you, Patreon won't work. It's not Kickstarter; people don't browse around looking for the hot new thing to fund. Starting a patreon is no different from saying "should I start a PayPal account so people can give me money?"

That said, you may want to look into crowdfunding. Sites like Kickstarter DO have communities who look into funding unknown projects. You could potentially finance one project and then use it to link your kickstarter for the next.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.