[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true there's some sort of company policy at Disney
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
Is it true there's some sort of company policy at Disney that forbids a shared universe, or any media that would explore the concept?

I've seen the idea of it brought up several times here on /co/, but I've never known what to believe.
>>
Bump because that is awesome
>>
>>78549543
If you write a crossover between two works that differ both in tone and quality, the end result will feel really stupid (because it will be).
>>
>>78549862
It's all in good fun. You like having fun, don't you?
>>
What is Infinity
And all the princess pictures
>>
>>78549543
What is Sofia the First and Disney's Descendants?
>>
>>78549997
I like having fun enjoying quality works.

I am, sadly, unable to "turn my brain off" when it comes to fiction.
>>
File: 137760-0261.jpg (43 KB, 635x357) Image search: [Google]
137760-0261.jpg
43 KB, 635x357
>>78549543
I'm sure it has something to do with marketing and not diluting individual properties, which is stupid since that's never happened to any comic book worlds ever, right? Right?
>>
>>78549543
just leave it to the fanart and fanfics, if you really want crossovers

If you're talking about making movies with crossovers, I'd like to think Disney prides themselves in constantly generating new content instead of relying on their older properties.
>>
Gargoyles was originally planned to launch a Disney Animated Universe to rival the DCAU. Several of the one-off episodes were actually backdoor pilots, like The New Olympions.

But then the Disney president died in a helicopter crash and the project fell apart.
>>
>>78550287
and House of Mouse
>>
File: 1448870142268.png (47 KB, 216x264) Image search: [Google]
1448870142268.png
47 KB, 216x264
>>78551254
>I'd like to think Disney prides themselves in constantly generating new content instead of relying on their older properties
>>
>>78549543
DC/Marvel cucks kill yerselves.
>>
>>78549543
There's plenty of Disney crossovers in merchandising.
>>
>>78549543
What do you call Kingdom Hearts then?
>>
>>78549543
If that was true Kingdom Hearts wouldn't exist.
>>
I feel like I've gone back in time,
to a thread created before Kingdom hearts
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.