[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'd like to get into DC comics. Should I start after Convergence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Convergence-Promo-full.jpg (353 KB, 1200x648) Image search: [Google]
Convergence-Promo-full.jpg
353 KB, 1200x648
I'd like to get into DC comics.
Should I start after Convergence or with the New 52?
Convergence looks like a mess to start with, starting with New 52 means I also have to follow the event, right?
>>
File: 1448533871851-1.jpg (770 KB, 730x1827) Image search: [Google]
1448533871851-1.jpg
770 KB, 730x1827
>>78533258
New 52, then just skip convergence because you won't understand a lot of it.
And check out some pre flashpoint stuff too.
>>
You might want to read Seven Soldiers as a nice intro to the DCU, then read Batman Inc., then New 52 Teen Titans, followed by Batman: Snow.
Finish your reading with Twilight of the Superheroes.
>>
bane
>>
File: 1353807833825.jpg (644 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1353807833825.jpg
644 KB, 1680x1050
>>78533555

this guy is purposely trolling you, Seven Soldiers is a great comic, but it's structure and references can be a little confusing for first-time readers. Batman Inc. and Morrison's Bat Epic is the same way, wait to tackle it until you're more familiar with the history of Batman in general.

>New 52 Teen Titans

Is complete shit. Don't bother.

>>78533408

These are all fantastic recommendations for DC reading. Here's another image I have that has good recommendations for team books.
>>
>>78533555
Just recommending garbage?
>>
>>78533258
N52 is the reboot MADE for jumping points for new readers
So prolly backtrack to that for what you see fit.

A few things (like Batman and Green Lantern) are the few that continue an ongoing story that was going on before n52
But tons of reading order images for them (for GL backup to Rebirth for Batman backup to Hush or Son of Batman)

Mostly just start reading
Superhero comics are almost like a Fantasy story.
They will throw characters and lore around like you are supposed to know these are important, and while reading you recognize that they are a big deal and kind of just GO WITH IT.
Rebirth is the jumping in point for plenty of people, and it is one of the craziest full of continuity things made. So don't worry if you know everyone's character or back story and just READ READ READ
>>
>>78533258
Go by creators.

Anything with Snyder, King, Seeley, Pak, Kuder, Azz, Soule, or Johns are pretty good.

If the want to read something from Convergence read SHAZAM! By Parker.
>>
>>78533258
Read everything from the beginning
Thats how I did it
>>
>>78534648
Yeah backtrack to late 1930s or 1940s
>>
>>78534409
And this guy is talking about Tom King, not the convergence/telos guy.
>>
>>78534745
Exactly
It's the only way to properly get into the universe
You do it any other way, you're a casual pleb, who gets all his info from dc.wikia and thinks he is fit to discuss shit on /co/
>>
Don't really worry about continuity or anything. I'd suggest starting with the New 52 as it was kinda designed to bring in new readers, just pick up titles you think seem interesting, then if you like the characters go back and read some pre-flashpoint stuff.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.