[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished avatar and it was good but what the hell was pic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: Aang_with_Lion_Turtle.png (130 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
Aang_with_Lion_Turtle.png
130 KB, 333x250
Just finished avatar and it was good but what the hell was pic related? It just came out of nowhere for plot reasons and played a key role in beating the fire lord. Were lion turtles established at any point or did i miss something?
>>
>>78521238
before this shitty deus ex machina, I was expecting aang to blood-bend the fire-lord, and stop his bending

low and behold in korra, amon blood bends powers away, and spirit anng gives them right back

I don't even know why they needed the turtle-lion in last airbender
>>
LoK described The Island Turtles as the first instance of bending being granted to humans so that they can survive. A co-balance between Spirts and Humans.

Then this got fucked to shit when Wan decided it was a good idea to keep his Fire Bending and free Vaatu

But of course this doesn't matter now because the whole "Balance" bullshit doesn't matter since Korra killed Vaatu and light always needs to trump over Darkness

Someone at Nick is a huge fan of Kingdom Hearts because that's literally point for point the exact same plot.
>>
Lions Turtle were hinted at maybe once or twice for a literal second but no, it was also strange and unexpected for everyone else. Bryke are just really bad at writing endings.
>>
>>78521238
Remember how Aang has been pushing the will of the spiritis on the people with the panda spirit and the festival?

It finally comes to the point where his struggle to follow the spirits over his humanity forces is so great that it forces the spirits to follow humanity for once. So he has indeed become the avatar, the bridge between both worlds, instead of the spirits lackey.
>>
>>78521596

I still think compared to all the retarded jumping the shark moments I have seen in LoK I literally didn't mind the concept of "Energy Bending"

Its like a counter defense to Chi Blocking.

Now you want a really dumb idea how about Raava giving Korra the ability to grow into a massive building high spirit entity. if Korra could do this why doesn't she do it ALL THE TIME because that sounds like something she'd do so she could cause MORE PROPERTY DAMAGE
>>
>>78521594
LoK doesn't really count because what OP is talking about occurred before the idea of a spin-off was even thought of. Bryke knew fuck all what the Turtle Lions were and years later when Korra was made they finally decided to use the opportunity to fix it, which is probably one of the few good things LoK did right.
>>
>>78521649

I still think it was an incredibly dumb idea that Korra opened the fucking spirit gate and the consequences to this are namely seen in the LoK video game

Its not really that huge an issue in say Season 3 where the only thing related to spirits is The Vines destroying Republic City and Zaheer having an easy Get Out of Jail free Card to get away from the Avatar

But the biggest cop out imaginable was when Zaheer said Unalaq was with their crew for a time when the Red Lotus was founding and he went renegade in order to make that deal with Vaatu

That sounds like a lot of shit was cut on the idea board Nick said "Nah."
>>
>>78521663
It was fucking awful, it ruined everything the entire season was building up to. By giving Aang an easy way out of his moral dilemma it made all the character development he could have possibly had during the entire final season retroactively pointless.
>>
>>78521663
>if Korra could do this why doesn't she
Raava didn't "give" it to her
It was due to the convergence fucking everything up, her proximity to the tree of time, and as the avatar constant exposure to bending, probably some of that cosmic chakra gate opening shit from the guru in last avatar
>>
>>78521663

I suspect she could've only done that during harmonic convergence. Otherwise any spiritual douchebag could've done it at any time.

>>78521594
>since Korra killed Vaatu

Not permanently. Raava outright said neither can be truly destroyed. He'll just regrow inside of Raava eventually. And then Korra, or her predecessors if it takes a while for this to happen, will have both light and dark spirits within.
>>
>>78521747

Also the whole bullshit angle about Vaatu and Unalaq cutting all previous ties to the original Avatars. What does this mean exactly?

That when Korra passes on she is going to pretty much be the only Avatar left in the next generation of Avatar's to ask for Guidance?

LORD NO! She'd be like Kyoshi only 100 times worse.
>>
>>78521793
>And then Korra, or her predecessors if it

MY BAD. I meant successors.
>>
>>78521793

What the fuck do you mean "Not permanently?"

LoK is over. Which means the only thing left relating to it is the epilogue comic which has nothing to do with the spirits

This means Vaatu is permanently dead.
>>
File: piandaoandlionturtle.jpg (69 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
piandaoandlionturtle.jpg
69 KB, 640x480
Lion Turtle Statues existed in Piandao's home.

So...
>>
>>78521856

Are you honestly surprised? The White Lotus have the highest relationship balance with the Spirits especially Iroh.
>>
>>78521871
No.

Plus Piandao is my favorite so it's neat he has those.
>>
>>78521907

>Piandao will never be your sensei and teach you proper Swordsmenship.
>>
>>78521843
>LoK is over.

That doesn't mean dick. That's like saying Korra's successor won't be from the earth kingdom. Just because we won't get that far in that universe's time doesn't mean it won't happen.

Unless the Avatar cycle is broken.
>>
>>78521930
>>Piandao will never be your sensei

Don't you mean 'sifu'?
>>
>>78521948
The next one will be a earth bender so
>>
>>78521985

Exactly. So then obviously Vaatu will be reborn within Raava. Neither can exist without the other.
>>
>>78522017
What the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>78521930
He will in my fanfics goddamit, with my self-insert!

It'll never get published but by god I'll read it and it'll make me happy!
>>
>>78521948
>>78521985
>>78522017
>>78522060

>There are people so hopelessly delusional in this thread they think LoK didn't send the Avatar universe back 20 fucking years like how Fan4stic did Fantastic 4

You people are pathetic.

LoK killed Avatar and no this is not a meme. Low Ratings and how it made Nick next to zero money is proof this IP is now officially dry.
>>
>>78522134
It has a korra comic coming out and the comic about the original cast it's Nick's falt it got bad ratings get the fucking out of here retard
>>
>>78522227

>That comic having literally anything to do with anything that be even remotely important after all the leagues of bullshit left behind

The comic is literally about Kya and Lin having romantic interest with each other

and Asami/Korra get married
>>
Lion Turtles are shown and the principle of humans learning bending from animals is used throughout the series.
The real asspull is energy bending taking away dilemma of committing murder.
>>
If they had actually planned this ahead, they could have had the Guru mention the line

>In the era before the Avatar, we bent not the elements, but the energy within ourselves.

when he was teaching Aang to unlock his Chakras. Foreshadowing done.
>>
>>78522480

Why would you Kill Ozai when you can give him the worst hell imaginable instead?

Listening to Zuko's whiny bitching till he dies of old age

I'd fucking hang myself with those chains.
>>
>>78521238
They give a little foreshadowing in the great library, with images of a giant Lion Turtle, but thats about it till LoK when they give more in depth info about them.
>>
>>78522361
I hasn't even came out yet stupid
>>
>>78521856
That has nothing to do with energybending. Or the retarded chiropractor rock.

One or the other would be passable. Both is utter shit.
>>
>>78522774
From a story standpoint, it's retarded because your protagonist had his conflict completely removed.
>>
>Were lion turtles established at any point or did i miss something?

Nope, they were just hinted at existing at one point. Bryke didn't want Aang to learn the "needs of the many outweigh needs of the few" lesson.
>>
>>78521238
I always found this dissapointing. Aang is trying to find a way to win the war not killing Ozai and suddenly this big ass mother fucker appears and give him this awesome power. How convenient plus all the struggle he has is gone. Thats not how things work in real life. Oh and he decides to send Ozai to die in a jail, thats the same as killing him
>>
>>78522060
Did you even pay attention? That wasn't the first time Raava 'killed' Vaatu. Each time one of them 'dies', they are reborn within the other, as shown when Vaatu 'killed' Raava and Korra had to dig her out of Vaatu.

Vaatu is laying dormant inside Raava, who resided within the Avatar. 10,000 years from Korra's time, Vaatu will have regained enoug juice to break free and wreck shit again.

IMO, that's when the next series should take place, not the immediate successor of Korra. Have it set in a apocalyptic future where Vaatu won and there are signs of advanced civilizations that now lie in ruin and decrepitude.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.