[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is "The Principal and the Pauper" overhated? Obviously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: skinner.jpg (19 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
skinner.jpg
19 KB, 500x333
Is "The Principal and the Pauper" overhated? Obviously the story is stupid, but it has some good jokes.
>>
How is it overrated?
>>
>>78512022
Not sure if trolling or can't into reading.
>>
Yeah. You're pretty much right, OP. It's definitely nowhere near as bad as Simpsons these days. But you've got to understand it's also nowhere near as good as the better episodes that came before it.

>>78512022
He said overHATED. As if, beginning of the end.
>>
Yes, for the reasons stated in this thresd. In fact, I'm quite fond of it myself, it has some good gags I can't help but chuckle at.

>"So why is grandpa here?"
>"'Cause Jasper didn't want to come alone."
>>
up yours, children!
>>
It's just hated by faggots who didn't get the metajoke.
>>
>>78511991
It's bad if you watched it during the season it was out, but in light of the entire run of the Simpsons to now it actually holds up better.
>>
>>78512070
>>78515386

If I may play devil's advocate (as I liked the episode), it managed to completely override everything that had been established about the character only to preserve the status quo at the end.
>>
>muh canon

It's a great Skinner episode and genuinely hilarious. The hate is totally undeserved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG6lmHOM39c
>>
>>78517183
Well no, it only overrid who he was at birth, he was still a vietnam vet and principle just one that had assumed another man's identity after the war and now has an even creepier relationship with the mother which to be fair was creepy to begin with
>>
>>78517505
I think anon meant that at the end all the characters were court ordered to never mention or bring up this character development again (which they largely stuck to save one throwback by Lisa in the later seasons)
>>
No, I absolutely hated it when it first aired and stopped watching the Simpsons in the next season if I remember correctly.
>>
>>78517183
>it managed to completely override everything that had been established about the character
It really, really didn't. All they did was give him a fucking name change. His history, personality, motivations etc. were all the exact same as they were before, the one single meaningful difference is that they gave him a fucking name change. Apparently that's enough to "completely override everything that had been established about the character".

Why do people sperg out over this?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.