[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Teen Titans Go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 12
What's the deal with all the fucked up moral lessons in this show? Is it supposed to be satire? Do they expect little kids to realize it's satire?
>>
File: TTG_ep113_TheFourthWall_Still01.jpg (226 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
TTG_ep113_TheFourthWall_Still01.jpg
226 KB, 1200x675
>>78510064
>Reminder that TTG agrees with /co/ that the show is complete shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AsomkWscrA
>>
File: OP.png (47 KB, 433x271) Image search: [Google]
OP.png
47 KB, 433x271
>>
>>78510064
Enter pls go
>>
>>78510064
Youre thinking too hard about it. Most people as kids enjoyed how off the rails characters could be and didnt think about how fucked up the lesson was, very few put in real morals by comparison. This is no different.
>>
the morals are usually fairly realpolitik desu. the one about asceticism with starfire responding with "that sounds... reasonable" to robin's middle path moderation morality is really good

I fucking love this show
>>
>>78510064
I think they expect kids to not take their moral lessons from a cartoon comedy shows.

...Anon, did you take your morals from cartoon comedy shows?
>>
>>78510100
It's like watching an idiot try to fight a tire fire with gasoline.
>>
>>78510100
I dislike the art direction that catering to hipster tumblr dweller.
>>
>>78510064
what "moral lessons"? could someone elaborate?
>>
File: btfo.jpg (380 KB, 1878x845) Image search: [Google]
btfo.jpg
380 KB, 1878x845
>>78510064
>>
I know humanity is in a freefall but I still doubt kids watch this and take it as Gospel. The actual good morals stuff is there but it takes the form of actions and is very subtle, usually revolving around being nice to others and helping out. On that note this show also shows both male and female lust/love interests as normal things and doesn't portray male interest as a evil thing. That alone makes it superior to lots and lots of stuff.

In fact whenever Beast Boy perved out over Raven she'd punch/kick him but take it in strides, meaning there was no shaming involved in this. Just a dismissal. Basically the show is full of little things like that that make it seem redpilled and natural. I'm really bad at explaining this.
>>
>>78510100
Seeing this makes me sad for even the prducers know what a steaming pile of shit they are creating
>>
>>78510064
The only reason why some people put up with this show is because it's the only DC animated show currently running on Cartoon Network.
>>
>bought relatives all five seasons of TT

It feels good to win at christmas.
>>
>>78510064
>Is it supposed to be satire?
yes.
>Do they expect little kids to realize it's satire?
nope. but really the fucked up lessons bear truth, they're just not PC.

It's one thing that makes TTG semi-tolerable. The one where Robin fucks over Kid Flash was pretty funny.
>>
>>78513250
pls
>>
>>78513907
>this show also shows both male and female lust/love interests as normal things and doesn't portray male interest as a evil thing. That alone makes it superior to lots and lots of stuff.
gotta agree. I'm a little sick of cartoons being surprisingly stuffy when it comes to dating and sex. it is the year of our lord 2015, kids don't need that christfag-inspired baggage.
>>
>>78513250
Example, in the NIGHT BEGINS TO SHINE episode, Cyborg tries to get over his crutch/drug and just can't do it, so he uses it again and saves the day and it's kickass, the end.
>>
>>78510435
>le "if you dislike TTG you are Mr. Enter because obviously he is the only person in the universe who dislikes this show"
>>
File: Nietzsche.jpg (160 KB, 800x1202) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche.jpg
160 KB, 800x1202
>2016 CE
>caring about morality
The name of your overcoming shall be ubermench.
>>
>plebs hating TTG

/co/ couldn't get any lower.
>>
>>78517723
No it's more because Mr. Enter is always complaining about bad lessons / cruelty. Which is sometimes relevant, since it can be a sign of laziness. As in, the writers don't give a shit about the characters anymore and give no thought to what the story communicates. With TTG it's definitely on purpose though. The writers are very genre-aware since what they're making is sort of a parody.
>>
>>78516979
>buying people a kids cartoon that wasn't even good

if they're adults you lose, and if they're kids you lose.
>>
>Do they expect little kids to realize it's satire?

I hope they do
>>
>>78517971
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AsomkWscrA
They admitted it's horseshit.
You can stop defending it now.
>>
File: 1449326798990.png (63 KB, 903x752) Image search: [Google]
1449326798990.png
63 KB, 903x752
just leaving this here
>>
>>78518180
that one hour of sonic boom

>>78517613
and.... how is that bad?
>>
File: 1448041072629.png (918 KB, 897x718) Image search: [Google]
1448041072629.png
918 KB, 897x718
>>78510064

Complaining about this show is like complaining about tumblr.

It exists. I know its annoying, but its there and there are people out there who enjoy that sort of thing, and these things have a right to exist and entertain people just as much as you have the right to complain about it and prefer something else.

As a side note, I think that if somebody could pull up the old TT with better writing and animation with the characters essentially as cool as they were, they would. But they can't, or rather CN won't, because right now that kind of a show is expensive and a bad investment. At the very least, if in the future TT does get a 'legitimate' reboot, there will be a fresh generation of kids growing up who might relate more to a less kiddy TT setting.
>>
>>78518287
Because it's considered wrong to teach children that addictions are acceptable. Proper lesson-teaching cartoon would teach that your strength is in your heart, you don't need anything else. As such, the ending is humorous.
>>
File: Creepin.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Creepin.gif
2 MB, 640x360
>>78510100
CREEPIN LIKE A CREEPER
CREEPIN LIKE A CREEPER
CREEPIN LIKE A CREEPER
>>
>>78518832
Brain numbing garbage, and I think I now how to destroy this show.
>>
>Robin literally cheats to beat Kid Flash by injuring him
>end episode

Greatness
>>
>>78511024
Question, so like is it the childs fault or the parents fault if they take their morals from cartoons?
>>
File: DanceFoyoBees.gif (2 MB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
DanceFoyoBees.gif
2 MB, 640x359
>>78518923
But this show is so great tho
>>
>>78518180
What is that supposed to mean? Because it's not the current schedule.
>>
>>78518832
>>78519239
Where are the Starfire or Raven versions?
>>
>>78510119
>le "if you hate TTG you probably have asperger" meme

Fuck you.
>>
>>78513250
there's an episode where they talk about the ugly duckling and bring up the fact that the lesson of that story is that people are shallow and will only like you if you can somehow become attractive

since OP is autistic this bothered him
>>
>>78513907
>I know humanity is in a freefall
aaaaaand filtered
>>
>>78518072
the point of that episode was that the original TT did its own thing and did it well but TTGO isn't like TT and shouldn't try to be.

Are you really so dense you couldn't understand that?
>>
File: lemonface.gif (159 KB, 638x644) Image search: [Google]
lemonface.gif
159 KB, 638x644
>>78519952
Such a shame that not only is the show itself ass (and admitted it), but it is on all the damn time.
I understand, I can change the channel. But I may want to watch Bare Bears, Steven Universe or literally anything else they air on Cartoon Network.
Just look at
>>78518180
I would not care, if it wasn't on for so damn long.
>>
File: serious steven.jpg (21 KB, 265x313) Image search: [Google]
serious steven.jpg
21 KB, 265x313
>>78520343
>watching tv on your tv when you could easily just download or stream whatever you want and never have to deal with reruns or commercials
>>
>>78510100
>be show creator
>CN hires me to take after my favorite show teen titans
>oh boy! Maybe I can finally finish it!
>CN tells me I cant contact any of the original creators
>they show me my crew
>CN tells me they want a satire show based off teen titans
>m-maybe i can still salvage this
>they show me the budget
>m-maybe i have good artists
>NOODLE ARMS
>tfw i have to live in the shadow of a great show
>tfw i will never live up to the glory of teen titans
>tfw i will remain the most hated man in CN production.
>>
>>78520374
but its not the same, thats not watching tv. thats watching computer!
>>
File: 1438622675441.jpg (20 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1438622675441.jpg
20 KB, 512x384
>>78510100
>Reminder that TTG agrees with /co/ that the show is complete shit

That's not what they're saying. You spamming this over and over makes the rest of old TT fans look like cancer.

They're just acknowledging the awkward situation that the writers are in. Yes, the old show was cool. Yes, this show is kind of a dumb joke show. But it is what it is. You think artists in this day and age have any significant leeway on what producers tell them to make?

>>78520474 is sort of right. Except in reality he just wants to write animated Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and producers threw the Teen Titans title at him and said make it appealing to kids and hipsters. And viola, that's business.

And I HATE this show, but at least I don't go on a crusade because of it.
>>
>>78521281
>And I HATE this show
why?

its hit or miss but a lot of episodes are really funny
>>
When is it coming back?
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.