[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When Jim Shooter had this photo of him taken, did he tell the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: 87391-38087-jim-shooter.jpg (19 KB, 283x434) Image search: [Google]
87391-38087-jim-shooter.jpg
19 KB, 283x434
When Jim Shooter had this photo of him taken, did he tell the photographer "make me as sinister and ominous looking as possible"? Because fuck, he looks like an X-Files villain or Half-Life's Gman.
>>
>make it look like I was just revealed to be an alien on a Twilight Zone episode
>>
File: Jim Shooter 02.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Jim Shooter 02.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>78506249
I'm gonna go ahead and say yes.
>>
>>78506345
That he has a badge with a watchtower and the word "DEFIANT" on it certainly doesn't help.

Like he some sort of rebellious, evil Jehova's witness, having just succeeded in developing more efficient house to house preaching.
>>
> I want a picture that reflects the way John Byrne sees me
> Ominous and looming over his work?
> Exactly, now hurry up I've got rewrite a bunch of Secret Wars II tie-ins
>>
>>78506392
Jim Shooter is a hero for how much he set off Byrne's autism
>>
File: The Profit.jpg (12 KB, 250x341) Image search: [Google]
The Profit.jpg
12 KB, 250x341
The more I look at that photo, the more I see this.
>>
>>78506437
So was Claremont, it's why Byrne left

Do you want to know how little the last straw was? Byrne drew Colossus tearing a tree out of the ground and intended for him to struggle with it, Claremont wrote the dialogue so that he said it was easy.

They never worked together again.
>>
>>78506249
The hero marvel needs
>>
>>78506726
More like the villain who drove them into the ground.

Fuck Cyclops, Englehart was right.
>>
>>78506249
>implying the photographer didn't capture his good side
>implying all the other photos had to be discarded because the hellfire was melting the camera lenses
>>
>>78506836
>More like the villain who drove them into the ground
Bob Harras?
>>
>>78506943
No, he's just the undertaker. The disease had already been caught by then.
>>
>>78506249

Jim Shooter was the necessary evil to save Marvel from bunch of drug using frathouse hippies and turned into into a respectable money making comic book publisher.
>>
>>78506977
Sounds just like what they need right now
>>
>>78506376
>That he has a badge with a watchtower and the word "DEFIANT" on it
That is the logo of the short-lived Defiant Comics (of Warriors of Plasm fame), which Shooter founded after he was kicked out of Valiant. After that bad luck after bad luck business-wise befell on him.
>>
Who will be the second coming of Shooter? Who will save Marvel from the depths of shit it is now in?
>>
>>78507262

I think Jim's a person non grata in comics these days. IIRC, Marvel didn't even invite him to write a intro for the Secret Wars collection they put out few years ago.
>>
>>78506355

Is one of Jim Shooter's aliases Robert Davi?
>>
>>78507385
He's that hated?
>>
man what's wrong with jim shooter's cheeks?
>>
>>78506537
That show was ahead of its time. Fuckin loved it.
>>
>>78507421
Of course those cunts would hate anyone who actually made them work and get shit done on time, as well as actually be an editor.
>>
>>78507442
Scars from his fight with Mephisto
>>
>>78506437
>>78506643
Check it
http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2013/10/27/meta-messages-john-byrne-burns-jim-shooter/
>>
File: Jim_Shooter_and_Steve_Englehart.jpg (260 KB, 1565x1037) Image search: [Google]
Jim_Shooter_and_Steve_Englehart.jpg
260 KB, 1565x1037
>>78506249
>Hmm, I seem to have walked into some sort of comic book convention instead of where my intended assassination target is. Oh well, perhaps this will be a better life.
>>
>>78507549
Is this the inspiration for Chigurh?
>>
>>78507549
It's perfect.

Two men named Jim Shooter, one given the name by birth, the other uses it only as a mildly clever alias. Both arrive at an airport one day and each sees a different person holding a sign, they both get in the wrong cars and begin new lives.

The Jim Shooter that grew up in a poor farming town and wrote Legion of Superheroes when he was 15 entered contract killing that day, the assassin was furious that some guy named Steve Gerber wasn't getting his scripts about a talking duck in on time and decided to stay
>>
>>78508439
You're awesome anon.
>>
>>78507549
literally just looking around for someone to strangle there
>>
>>78507442
Really bad acne scars, I assume.
>>
>>78508439
Underrated post
>>
>>78508439
I'll believe it.
>>
>>78506249
You've never had headshots done? Shit, dude. Treat yourself.

He picked that out of a hundred or something as the one he wanted to use. He's probably still got the rest of the set at home.
>>
Just imagine what he would do to everyone responsible for clusterfuck that is Secret Wars.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.