[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/swr/ Star Wars Rebels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 86
Friends edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.co.uk/updates/release.htm

>Newest Rebels Recon Episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JrVry8kgyw

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

>Star Wars: Uprising: (/swr/ Cartel: Loth-Cats)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpW6fOEvuSg
http://community.kabam.com/forums/showthread.php?568108-Newx-s-New-Player-Guide

>Star Wars: Commander: (/swr/ Squad: Empire - SheevSquad)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUD2JkBxIJo

>Canon Guide: (Timeline coming soon)
http://imgur.com/a/wnoIs

>Star Wars /co/ Booru:
starwars.booru.org

>Download links: (Books, Comics, Rebels, Films, etc)
http://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya
>>
File: Mission_Vao.jpg (545 KB, 566x601) Image search: [Google]
Mission_Vao.jpg
545 KB, 566x601
Fuck it, reposting these.
http://strawpoll.me/6178801/
http://strawpoll.me/6178838/
http://strawpoll.me/6381601/
http://strawpoll.me/6381588/
>>
>>78488390
Jolee best waifu
>>
>>78488419
You're not entirely wrong.
>Love doesn't lead to the dark side. Passion can lead to rage and fear, and can be controlled... but passion is not the same thing as love. Controlling your passions while being in love... that's what they should teach you to beware. But love itself will save you... not condemn you.
>>
>>78488307
Do we know where in the Outer Rim are Lothal and Garel?
>>
This video (if what is said is true) makes Lucas look like a mad man who was trying to kill the franchise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dnSORl9_oI
Also I lost it at the part about Darth Maul and Darth Talon being "friends".
>>
>>78488513
I heard he really was fucking with the developers but he played it so straight they didn't realize it.
>>
>>78488453
Based.
>>
>>78488547
He was probably just joking but since he's George fucking Lucas everyone took his every word as gospel.
>>
>>78488513
I saw this and was not surprised LucasArts was so shitty to developers and didn't know what one hand was doing. Cancelling games with zero reason as to why is shitty.
>>
>>78488547
>>78488569
Meh, maybe, but it seems like anytime Lucas himself got involved in a game it took the turn for the worst.
>>
>>78488569
George Lucas put "Star Wars Episode 2: JarJar's Big Adventure" on first drafts of the episode two scripts because he'd noticed the backlash against the character after episode one.
>>
File: 1451046927278.png (1 MB, 2175x1000) Image search: [Google]
1451046927278.png
1 MB, 2175x1000
So what do these threads usually talk about? Is discussion about the films allowed or is it just the EU and the show?
>>
Thoughts on Lucas latest interview with Charlie Rose?

https://youtu.be/O8hQVlRgFlU
>>
>>78488453
Surprisingly deep character for a BW game. I'm honestly surprised they let a gray Jedi into an otherwise straightforward good guys vs bad guys game.
>>
>>78488676
All things Star Wars without the /tv/ shitposting. What do you wanna discuss anon?
>>
File: images.jpg (19 KB, 295x300) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
19 KB, 295x300
I hope the Ewoks get to save the day in the final episode like in the original trilogy.
>>
File: 144567898765.jpg (141 KB, 700x600) Image search: [Google]
144567898765.jpg
141 KB, 700x600
>>78488733
Nothing in particular, I was just wondering for future reference.
>>
>>78488746
> The FO build another Starkiller
> The republic is pissed, they decide to infiltrate a sabotage party.
> "Yub yub"

>>78486494
If they had blown up the resistance first, it would have been the republican fleet that would have jump into their face.
As soon as they used their superweapon, they would have been a target.

>>78486564
They mention a recon fly at some point. I'm guessing it's how they mapped the surface of the thing.
That doesn't explain how they knew its location, but even if they didn't had any idea of where their base of operation was, the damn thing just shot a gigantic galactic "I am here and they are not longer there" beam.
How they knew they were targeted however... they could only guess, and they shouldn't knew how much time they had left.
>>
>>78488513
It's bullshit anon. Lucas has an abnormal sense of humor, that's all. These developers are just confused, and these games certainly weren't cancelled/failures because of Lucas's jokes.
>>
>>78488684
Just feel bad for the guy. He clearly loves Star Wars, but the fans ate him alive for a decade. A decade of him non-stop giving more and more to them too.

Now he thinks of it as a break up. Very sad.
>>
>>78488307
Look.....they're friends!
>>
>>78488665
Still a better title than Attack of the Clones to be honest fampai
>>
>>78488931
Just no.
>>
>>78488684
>sells franchise to somebody else
>whines that they don't want his shitty ideas

Lucas is a hack.
>>
>>78489021
What part of that do you disagree with that, mate?
>>
>>78489040
What were his ideas for episode 7 anyway?
>>
>>78489074
The little kiddies of the previous heroes go out on an adventure!!!!!!!!!!
>>
I just got a Kindle, /swr/, and I want to read some Star Wars stuff. I've already read A New Dawn, Aftermath, Dark Disciple, Tarkin & Lords of the Sith; so maybe some good Legends stuff is needed? Anyone got any Legends recommendations for someone who's never read anything from Legends before?
Especially interested in material that expands on existing characters, especially lesser known Jedi from Clone Wars, but willing to take any suggestions. Thanks
>>
>>78488931
You know who i feel sorry for? Jake Loyd. I mean ok he wasn't a great actor but does that mean he deserves to have angry 30 year old man children shitting on him for years over it? Even still they fuck with him over that shit. Wouldn't be surprised if he regrets taking the role.
>>
>>78489124
He was really negative about it for a while, but apparently he doesn't hold negative feelings to the franchise.

Last I saw of him was an interview from like 5 years ago where he was talking about how awesome The Old Republic looked.
>>
>>78489050
Not that anon, but I have a hard time feeling 'bad' for a billionaire whose blunders still netted him dollars galore.
>>
>>78489124
Yeah, it's kind of a given that child actors are never any good. The real fault is with Lucas. I hope Loyd gets some roles someplace that let him show if he's actually any good or not somewhere down the line.
>>
>>78488835
It's "yub nub."
>>
>>78489117

Try out Rogue/Wraith squadron. Less jedi, more swashbuckling.
>>
>>78489117
Non-SW question, but which model did you get and how is it? I'm considering grabbing one soon
>>
>>78489239
Just the basic Kindle, without "Special Offers". Literally only read a single short story on it (The Perfect Weapon), and honestly I really like it. I waste so much shelf space on Novels I read once, that it was a no-brainer to go for a Kindle when I had the disposable income.
>>
>>78489117
Thrawn trilogy, the foundation of the EU as it used to be.
>>
>>78489117
Read "Lost Stars" next
>>
>>78489185
It's both.
>>
>>78488931
>He clearly loves Star Wars, but the fans ate him alive for a decade. A decade of him non-stop giving more and more to them too.
George Lucas gets too much credit. Yeah he came up with the base concepts for New Hope. But everything else was hundreds of other people's hard work and vision. When he had other people to check him George Lucas was fine. Then he got total power over the franchise and took it in a bad direction. Fans should have ate him alive for a decade. Years of tampering with the films over and over not improving them but more toying with them so he can try out some of that crazy cg. The prequels were a good example of George Lucas with no check, no leash, from other creative minds. You end up with super melodramatic political nonsense full of plot holes.
The fans didn't screw George Lucas, George Lucas screwed George Lucas.
>>
>>78489117
Read the Thrawn trilogy. Truce at Bakura isn't bad either. Avoid the Rogue squadron books after book 2. The Han Solo books were pretty good, too, but I can't for the life of me remember what they were called.

Most of the other stuff is horrendously bad.
>>
>>78489314
So the prequels were the Attitude era?
>>
>>78489085
That sounds horrible. Thank god he is out
>>
>>78489117
Darth Bane trilogy for good sith lore
>>
>>78488684
If i were Lucas i would do Star Wars comics even if they are not Canon, cause people don't buy Canon only right?
>>
>>78489207
Ok, sounds cool, and a bit different.
>>78489271
>>78489332
Two votes for Thrawn, so I'll add it to the list.
>>78489294
Is it that good? Friend of mine said it was a kids thing, and not worth reading?
>>78489374
Love a bit of Sith, so alright!

Anybody know where I can download .mobi of these easily? I cleared myself out on the Kindle itself
>>
>>78489390
It would be a fan comic at this point. Lucas has no real connection to the franchise. So unless Disney give him a go ahead what ever he does isn't even considered Legends.
>>
>>78489427
Pick up a program called Calibre and look at the Pastebin in the OP
>>
File: 1449425808277.jpg (47 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1449425808277.jpg
47 KB, 600x600
Your favorite Jedi has to fight pic related. How fucked are they?
>>
>>78489500
My boy plo will just shoot him from his ship and go about his day
>>
>>78489314
>George Lucas gets too much credit. Yeah he came up with the base concepts for New Hope. But everything else was hundreds of other people's hard work and vision.
This. It's akin to Walt Disney getting credit for all the old films. His real input begins and ends as a high tier manager at best. Even when Lucas directed Star Wars he had a lot of help and would consult his other director friends. He was green as shit. The other original trilogy films were not only directed by other people they were also written by other people with Lucas' role being that of a story consultant.
Sometime I think it's unfair that people put him on a pedestal.
>>
>>78489500
Does he have Mary Sue Jedi learning abilities?
>>
>>78489500
I think they couyld take a kid with a plastic lightsaber
>>
>>78489427
>Is it that good? Friend of mine said it was a kids thing, and not worth reading?

It comes highly recommended in these threads and is considered one of if not the best book in Journey to the Force Awakens. I don't know why they marketed it as a YA book
>>
Anyone know where the missing Rebels comics are from the Mega? Has it just not been uploaded yet?
>>
>>78489516
I think you mean your boy Plo will get shot in his ship
>>
>>78489500
I still think that Ezras Lightsaber/Gun is the best, more useful than a normal sable
>>
Poe seems like a much better pilot than Luke. So does Rey. Luke never really did anything to show that he was more than just competent.
>>
File: images.jpg (15 KB, 320x460) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15 KB, 320x460
>>78489725
Forgot pic
>>
>>78489584
Ok, I'll read that first then! Thanks anon.
>>78489448
Damn Calibre is useful. Thanks anon
>>
>>78489725
You're right m8
>>
>>78488637
It's possible that Lucas fucked up some projects, I'm not denying that, but do you seriously think some of these cases aren't just incompetent developers looking for a scapegoat?
>>
>>78488676
These threads are mostly for Disney cocksucking (you're not allowed to dislike TFA lest you are labeled a contrarian and shitposter) and shitting on the EU.
>>
>>78489117
The Thrawn Trilogy, the Darth Bane trilogy, Shatterpoint, pretty much anything by Luceno (Darth Plagueis, Labyrinth of Evil, Dark Lord), the ROTS novelization.
>>
>>78488917
I expect nothing less coming from the tripfag who defends the blu rays to death
>>
>>78489735
Ah the suckerpunch saber
>>
>>78488307
Is it me or did people really take Han's death well?
>>
>>78489735
>Worst character not only gets the force but also the best lightsaber
I hate Ezra but every Jedi/Sith should have a lightsaber like that.
>>
>>78489984
I'm OK with him dying, I'm not OK with him not even having a funeral, which even Qui-Gon fucking Jinn had. Han deserved an eulogy and shit.
>>
>>78489984
I feel like we'll get a tie-in story of Chewie and/or Leia dealing with it.
>>
>>78489984
Of course they did. It was a fairly well done it was a death with purpose it furthered characters of ren, finn , and rey. He's passed the torch to finn and rey, the new generation.
>>
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 720x480
>Watch TFA
>Everything is alright but Ren is kind of a weak villain
>Takes off his mask
>Its like Max Landis doing a Vader impression
>Mfw Landis loves him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdEIzRUos4g
>>
>>78490169
My brother thought he was Andy Samberg at first.
>>
>>78488684

He looks pretty good for 70 desu. Selling Star Wars was probably a load of stress off his life.
>>
>>78490169

I thought everything was pretty meh but Ren saved the movie.
>>
File: lord_dark_helmet.jpg (19 KB, 406x480) Image search: [Google]
lord_dark_helmet.jpg
19 KB, 406x480
>>78490169
Kept reminding me of Dark Helmet
>>
has the latest Insider short story been uploaded yet?
>>
So is Star Wars Rebels anything like Clone Wars because I hated Clone Wars. I mean I HATED Clone Wars with a passion.
I've put off watching Rebels because I hated Clone Wars so much plus want to marathon it if I did decide to watch.
>>
>>78490323
kill yourself
>>
Seeing this shit again later after i watch The Hateful Eight!

>>78490169
Thought Ren was a damned good villain DESU. Dare i say he is what Anakin should have been in the prequels.
>>
why does snoke look like hes falling apart? and he looks nothing like plagueis.
>>
>>78490382
Also what id when this fucking "desu" shit?
>>
>>78490024
I think Han Solo wouldn't want something as hokey as a funeral.
>>
>>78490169
As soon as he took the mask off his character got pretty uninteresting. He looks like every angsty teenage faggot ever which might appeal to some people. Glad Rey scarred his face maybe now he won't look so unintimidating.
>>
>>78490388
One it said the dark side corrupts the body of the user after long time use and two the plagueis book is no longer canon so the only thing we have to go on is what was said in EP3. So we have no idea what his race is
>>
>>78489886
>defends the blu rays to death
Uhh, what? I dont care what version you watch anon. I dont even remember ever "defending" the Blu Rays.

Except Jedi Rocks.
>>
>>78490323
The Clone Wars was GOAT, Rebels is boring trash. You're obviously one of those retards who decided to hate it without ever even watching any episodes based simply on how everyone hated the pilot movie.
>>
>>78490323
>I mean I HATED Clone Wars with a passion.
Does not compute, did you only watch the earlier seasons?
Anyway, Rebels is a lot more normal than TCW, it's kind of a sequel to Clone wars, but most of the references/characters it uses aren't entirely needed.
Though to get an actual verdict here, you'd have to say WHY you hated The Clone Wars.
>>
>>78490388
Well, as far as I know there's no canon image of what Plagueis would look like as of right now, so that's hard to say. As far as what's up with his looks I think the only explanation was in the art book or something, it has to do with his power in the dark side being so great it's warped his physical appearance.
>>
>>78490424
Lucas go home your drunk
>>
I heard the Kenobi "Rey" the second time around. Do we know what's up with that?

I didn't hear Yoda though. What did he say?
>>
File: 1451117441520.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1451117441520.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>78490369
>>
>>78490426
I actually slept on Clone Wars too at first because of the first season. I dropped that shit and didn't come back until i happened to watch scenes from later seasons and got interested again.
>>
>>78488513
He was fucking with the developers. Aspies think this is serious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A45FQvlfU6Q

Lucas really just has a very deadpan sense of humor. What killed Lucasarts was internal turmoil that really had nothing to do with Lucas. Look at the Battlefront 3 story if you want to know what happened.
>>
>>78490323
Did you hate Clone Wars because it was set in the Prequel Era? Because if that's your reason, you may like Rebels just because of its OT aesthetics.

Hell you should try Rebels anyway, it's a completely different type of show to TCW.

Out of interest, how far into TCW did you get? I know "it gets better!" is eye-rolling when it comes to television show recommendations, but TCW really did explode in quality from Season 3 onwards.
>>
Is the UK Rebels Magazine still being made?
>>
Where does the Snoke is Plagueis thing even come from? I keep seeing it but I just don't get it.
>>
>>78489314
>George Lucas gets too much credit. Yeah he came up with the base concepts for New Hope

So just like every other major artists? Nothing is original in this world.
>>
File: Kylo_Ezra.png (375 KB, 636x467) Image search: [Google]
Kylo_Ezra.png
375 KB, 636x467
When are space Aladdin and space Mozenrath going to meet each other?
>>
>>78490418
I think that was the point. The thing with him in this movie was that he was basically just starting out as a villain, so he's neither very intimidating nor very powerful yet, and I think that's what makes him more interesting as a character since it seems we're going to follow his journey toward becoming that. The first step on his path was killing Han and completely embracing the dark side, just like Rey's first step on hers was accepting her destiny by taking the saber and beating him.
>>
>>78489984
It was a very well done scene. There's a lot of neat visual cues and POTTERY going on in it that you really notice on a second viewing

>Poe says earlier "But as long as there's light, we've still got a chance"
>Think he's talking about the weapon
>Realize later what it was actually foreshadowing
>>
>>78490503
When Ben kills him or Ezra recruits Ben to lead the knights of Ren
>>
>>78490424
>Except Jedi Rocks.
Ahahaha faggot
>>
>>78490420
he looked very human to me.
>>
Those tentacle head aliens must make really good sex slaves because they always seem to be just that.

So what do you think makes them such good sex slaves?
>>
>>78488958
Why does every reported interaction with Lucas make him sound like an actual retarded child?
Are we absolutely positive that he isn't a couple of 4 year-olds stood on each other's shoulders, masquerading as an adult?
>>
>>78490418
I prefer more complex villains that act like human beings to uninteresting goons like Maul or Grievous.
>>
>>78490481
It first came around because we knew Andy Serkis was playing a CGI character.

Muuns (Plageuis' original race, his canon race is unknown) have only been portrayed in Live-Action with CGI because of their funny-shaped heads.

Then Rey, she uses a distinctive looking staff, which some people speculated looked similar to a staff that Plaguise was depicted as using in a toy.

Then there's Star Wars' main antagonists, the Sith. Thanks to the Rule of Two, the Sith are extinct, and can only really be bullshitted back if it turns out that a thought-to-be-dead Sith returns. In Episode III, Palpatine suggests that Plageuis was close to being able to stop death entirely.

We also know Snoke is old as shit, and watched the entire events of the OT from behind the curtains.

His face is also disfigured and scarred without explanation, people speculating could be a result of when Sheev "killed" him.

The worst thing about it is TFA still didn't really explain who he is, so people are going to be speculating about this theory for the next two years at least.
>>
>>78490575
To be fair, Maul is interesting in TCW and his comic series. Movie itself though, yeah, he's kind of super lame

>>78490562
Twi'lek planet used to be poor so a lot of their economy was based around whoring themselves out
>>
>>78490562
You can squeeze their tentacles together and fuck 'em like an extra pair of titties.
>>
>>78490552
It's not that I like Jedi Rocks, I just don't think Lapti Nek is any better.

>>78490562
Basically, Ryloth is such a shithole that the only way to survive is hard labor, or being a sex worker.

To get off world, that is what you had to get good at.

But what happens to the women who make it off world? Well their only skills are in their sex appeal.

So they work in bars and cantinas and nightclubs as dancers.

And people see this, Twi'leks are seen as exotic, and beautiful. Word of mouth spreads, slavers and traders head to Ryloth to specifically buy women.

And the cycle continues.

TL;DR - Shitty planet lead to them being spread across the Galaxy with no expectations or skills other than lewd dancing and sex.
>>
>>78490561
and?
>>
>>78490597
Yes, he was better in TCW, but it's not fair to compare a TV show with 6 seasons to one movie. Kylo is already more interesting than Vader was in ANH, imo. Let's see how much he changes in the next two movies.
>>
>>78489074
The children of Luke and Leia gets caught up in the conflict of the New Republic and the Imperial Remnants, basically what we got from TFA
>>
>>78490597
Maul has 2 lines of dialogue in TPM. 2. And aside from the fact that him somehow inexplicably surviving getting cut in half being really dumb, yeah his episodes were pretty cool. Not really hard to turn a blank slate into a character though.
>>
>>78490509
When he was dragging fools across the room with the force and having rage fits that was intimidating and showed he had great control of the force.
But when the helmet came off he just looks like a petulant child which what they might be going for. Anakin was the same way.
>>
>>78490629
sounds like a great place to live.
>>
>>78490169
Anyone else notice that when ever Rey was mentioned as "a girl"/"the girl" Kylo Ren would repeat the word "girl" as if he was spilling his spaghetti?
The whole scene where he had Rey constrained hes acting like a guy who has never been around a girl his own age.
>>
>>78490644
his forehead reminds me of sheev...
>>
>>78490382
>Dare i say he is what Anakin should have been in the prequels
That's one of my favorite things about TFA. Ren has all of Anakin's flaws from the prequels, which weren't inherently bad flaws, and makes them work.
It's a really good way of acknowledging the prequel trilogy without overtly bringing it up. In fact it's handled with more nuance and respect than a lot of the legacy of the original trilogy. Plus it explains his impatience in wanting to be Vader 2.0, whilst simultaneously demonstrating to the audience just how similar to young Vader he is.

>>78490672
>The children of Luke and Leia
Eww...
>>
>>78490770
he offhandedly mentions clone tech replacing first order storm troopers to.

but yeah he does freak out over that
>>
>>78490682
He's basically an Anakin done right (and better acted. And directed)

I believe this is all the point because he wants to be Vader and he is. Just not the right one.
>>
>>78490680
>inexplicably surviving getting cut in half
>Anakin survives 4th, 5th and 6th degree burns
>gets dismembered
>the edge of a magma bank

The series is filled with this bullshit.
>>
>>78490418
Getting cut across your face by your untrained baby cousin doesn't make look like a bad ass it makes you look like a bitch.
>>
>>78490682
Kylo Ren is dangerous because he's unpredictable and aggressive. The officers clearly don't respect him at all, but they fear him and they would probably still fear him if he wouldn't wear the mask. I would rather work for Vader who might kill me if I fail at doing my job than for Kylo Ren who could kill me in a fit of rage for no reason.
>>
Why is everybody in the First Order such big screamers

Snoke: "GENERAL" "SHE RESISTED YOU!?"
Ren: "No.....RAGGGGGHHHH" "TRAIIITORRRRR"
Hux: His entire speech
>>
>>78490468
I watched season 1 and parts of two and I hated Anakin and Ahsoka first off, I didn't like the stories, didn't like the art style, didn't like the tone.
That being said there are a few episodes that I caught that weren't so bad but it was because there was no Anakin/Ahsoka nonsense, or Obi-wan being mediocre. They were episodes that involved other non movie characters at the center.
But yes I eye roll when people complain about me not liking it or say "it gets better" Not going to sit through something I don't enjoy on the hopes that it takes a sudden turn to my liking.
>>
>>78490482
>So just like every other major artists?
>artist
>implying Lucas is an artist
>>
>>78490323
As someone who also just can't get into Clone Wars no matter how much I try, watch Rebels. It's good.
>>
>>78490894
>But yes I eye roll when people complain about me not liking it or say "it gets better"
Look, pretty much everybody agrees TCW is hot garbage for like most of the first two season. Season 3 and over are the episodes people consider the god-tier part.
>>
>>78490823
unexplained daddy issues
>>
>>78490871
I guess it's just Abrams' directing style.
>>
>>78490941
For having such daddy issues he sure has plenty of daddy snark

"You're so right"
"Comfortable?"
"Your soldiers are certainly capable of committing high treason"
"The droid....stole a freighter?"
"You're my guest!"
"We're not done yet"
>>
>>78490770
You know what would have been funny during that scene. Imagine if after when Rey taunts and he takes his helmet off, he kisses her to make her shut up before finding out she's his cousin.
>>
>>78490827
But it can be used as a motivation for him to more aggressive. If you get cut on the face by some girl and left unable to do anything about it you'd be pretty dang pissed. Plus scars are cool.
>>
>>78490975
No thank you
>>
>>78490925
I don't get how something can be god-tier with that fugly art style.
>>
After how shitty Aftermath was, is anyone here going to even bother with the sequels?
>>
File: image.jpg (216 KB, 1302x1650) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
216 KB, 1302x1650
>>78490826
Why is it only bad guys who get horribly disfigured in this franchise? The worse that happens to a good guy is thst they get their hand amputated.
>>
>>78491014
Because evil and ugly are synonymous, duh.
>>
TFA was great fun. I loved it. The biggest gripe I have and I see a lot of people have is Rey suddenly learning the force in a matter of minutes and trouncing someone who had years under their belt. If that scene played out with her using the force to barely evade and get in one lucky shot before having no choice but running away I would have been satisfied.
>>
>>78491007
No
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 900x470) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 900x470
>>78491003
It would have been a great way to perverse call back to this scene.
>>
>>78490405
>funeral
>hokey
What the fuck? Have you never been to a funeral?
>>
>>78491014

Because pottery. Dark side disfigures you.
>>
>>78491052
That's shallow man, can't ugly people be heroes too.
>>
>>78491057
There were enough OT call backs in the movie. No need to go too far.
>>
>>78490656
Christ, this Disney cocksucking is astonishing. I can't wait till the ST is over just to see how you faggots claim it's better than the OT.
>>
File: MandalorianSlapOfApproval.webm (2 MB, 980x417) Image search: [Google]
MandalorianSlapOfApproval.webm
2 MB, 980x417
>>78490894
Well what if I told you you're missing out on a Mandalorian Civil War, Darth Maul returning and it actually being pretty damn good, Sheev action scenes, an arc about Order 66, an Arc about a Suicide bombing, and an arc that is literally the Vietnam War but with Clones?
>>
>>78488307
Darth Maul and Darth Talon, best friends forever.
>>
>>78491077
In a lot of media especially kid's shows ugly, gross = evil.
That's why you have bad guys in stuff eating stupid shit like garlic and sardine ice cream or something.
Also, ugly characters can be heroes too but not the main hero.
>>
>>78491119
>Darth Maul returning
>a pro
>>
>>78491110
If we are solely talking about ANH, Kylo is more interesting in his first movie than Vader. At the very least, there's a lot more basis of the eventual rivalry on a personal level between Rey and Ren than Luke and Vader, again, solely on the first movie

I don't think I've see anybody say it's better than the OT though. At least not IV and V
>>
>>78491159
it sounds bad but it was great
>>
>>78491159
For TCW yes it was.

The idea sounded retarded but what they did with him was fantastic and better than anything he got in TPM
>>
Episode 8
>Rei gets trained by Luke
>Kylo gets trained by Snoke
>Rei learns about letting go
>Kylo learns about being his own person
>the further to the dark side Kylo goes, the more disfigured he gets
>Finn trains Phasma to love again
>>
>>78491119
So how much season 1 and 2 context will I need if "If" I decide to give Season 3 a go?
>>
>>78491187
>Finn trains Phasma to love again
Fuck no. The parts of the movie on Finn's perspective needs to be him and Poe having broventures. Phasma can tail them with a squad of TRAITOR-tier troopers though.
>>
>>78488746
I want to hate the Ewoks, but I keep thinking of that one that stole the speeder bike, and that hate goes away.
>>
>>78491195
Do you have the viewing chart?
>>
>>78491223
That was literally the only scene with Ewoks I thought was okay.

When I rewatched ROTJ before TFA came out, all I could think about was how much of a mistake they were
>>
>>78491195
You can pretty much start with season 3.
>>
>>78491195
Some
I'd say it's worth biting the bullet and finishing up Season 2 before moving on the the later episodes.
Or you can check out this chart
http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
>>
>>78491209
>an entire squad of TRAITOR troopers
Please, this
>>
>>78491159
Yeah Anon. Him uniting the criminal underworld out of fear, in an attempt to become a third faction in the war, it was very entertaining stuff.

His revenge on Obi-Wan was also handled incredibly well and managed to go in a completely different direction to how people expected.

Right after Satine is executed, and you expect the typical hero's return, Obi-Wan is forced to flee, and out of fucking nowhere, Sheev shows up to slap Mauls shit instead, for breaking the Rule of Two.

Come on man, that shit was fantastic.

Freddie Prince Jr. also says that Maul Vs Pre Visla is his favorite fight in the franchise, that's gotta' count for something!

>>78491195
You could probably skip right to Season 3 with little trouble. The show had a huge budget increase there, so you'll enter the show with it looking brand new.

I can't really think of much important stuff that happened in the first 2 seasons. Ahsoka fucked up a lot, and learned some valuable life lessons. Obi-Wan has a not-girlfriend now, and she is the Dutchess of Mandalore. There's a terrorist Mandalorian group called Death Watch lurking around.

Oh and I think by this point, Boba Fett and Bossk are in prison for attempting to assassinate Mace Windu, and Aurra Sing is believed to be dead.

I think that brings you up to speed if you wanna jump right into Season 3.
>>
>>78491161
I've seen plenty of people say it's the best Star Wars movie ever made, even in professional reviews
>>
>>78491159
The writers of TCW went back took a character who had zero development in the movie and actually gave him a deserving backstory and continuation.
>>
>>78491266
I've seen it in a few reviews but not nearly enough that it's a consensus.
>>
>>78491260
>>78491119
How did this shit get past the censors?
Wasn't Clone Wars on Adult Swim for a bit?
>>
>>78489074
Darth Jar Jar reveal.

"If'n onlee yoosa be knowin' da powah of da Darka Side!"
>>
>>78491331
>How did this shit get past the censors?
Because there's no gore/blood and also it's fucking Star Wars
>>
File: Ventress2.webm (3 MB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
Ventress2.webm
3 MB, 1280x544
>>78491331
Yes, after Season 3, TCW had to be pushed to a later airing time.

It was allowed because Lucas was paying shitloads of money for the show, and the show was no doubt making shitloads of money for CN, so yeah.

In some extreme cases, some stuff was censored and only kept in the Blu Ray/Netflix release.

For example, this WebM. It's actually not even close to being the most graphic thing in the show, but I guess they figured the kiss was too much.
>>
>>78491348
I know Darth Jar Jar is a bunch of goofy nonsense but it really would save that character.
>>
>>78491331
I dunno what's there so revolting that would've needed censorship, to be honest. Kylo punching his wound was more gross to me.
>>
>>78491406
It might but it would also be retarded
>>
File: PNOV.jpg (31 KB, 400x280) Image search: [Google]
PNOV.jpg
31 KB, 400x280
>>78491373
But, Star Wars is for children.
>>
>>78491451
It's the world of Star Wars.
>>
>>78491007
Yes. But I'm not paying for it.
>>
>>78488746
You know, at least having an episode of Rebels where they meet the Ewoks isn't a half-bad idea
>>
Do you think it's actually possible for the film to beat Avatar? I mean seriously
>>
>>78490318
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1shjlkl8810sj56/Star+Wars+Insider+-+January+2016.pdf
>>
>For a ten-second shot of the Falcon's Dejarik set from the very first film, they brought in Phil Tippet and Denis Murren, the original effects creators, who proceeded to go into the Lucasfilm archives, retrieve the original maquettes, take one apart to get the original metal skeleton from 1977, cast new models of the pieces, and film the chess set using the same stop-motion techniques they used more than thirty years earlier. For a ten-second Shout-Out moment when Finn accidentally activates the table.

I thought that scene was the most unneeded of all the ANH wink-wink nudge-nudges but reading this I feel a lot better about it now
>>
>>78491090
But it would've been so fucked up and hilarious.
>>
>>78490503
desu, best case scenario for Ezra is that he makes it to Luke's new Jedi academy, becomes a teacher, but gets killed by the Knights of Ren along with everyone besides Luke.
>>
>>78491561
Unneeded?
When haven't seen the Millennium Falcon in so long it was a cute call back.
>>
>>78491543
Nah
>>
Man, reading the TFA artbook has been a pretty depressing experience. It looked like such a great movie. The original Jakku was fucking great and nothing like Tatooine 2.0, but of course, since it needed some CGI to work, it got dumped because "muh practical effects". Fuck, man.
Also, interestingly enough they wanted to use Darth Talon, I wonder how that would've gone.
>>
File: starwars.webm (592 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
starwars.webm
592 KB, 640x480
>OP is canned game
funny
>>
>>78491543
It's already beating Avatar in the US. Worldwide probably not, but it's not impossible. Depends on how well it does in China.
>>
>>78491666
>they wanted to use Darth Talon
That would be sexist. It's THE CURRENT YEAR. I mean c'mon!
>>
>>78491666
Whoa what? How would they have fit Talon in?
>>
>>78491682
>having Phasma as a desktop background
What loser puts a loser as their wallpaper?
>>
>>78491715
THAT is Darth Talon?! I want more of her. WHERE DO I GET MORE
>>
>>78491666
Don't you dare mock muh practical effects Satan
We don't want another greenscreen mess like the prequels.
>>
>>78491728
They probably would've just moved her from the Legacy era to the post-ROTJ era, remember they still wanted to do away with the EU, this is just them reusing one of those de-canonized elements.
>>
File: family-11.jpg (99 KB, 683x871) Image search: [Google]
family-11.jpg
99 KB, 683x871
>>78491759
LEGACY COMICS MAH NIG
>>
>>78491666
What was Jakku originally going to be?
>>
>>78491742
some beta low test I guess
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 560x560
>>78488307
Did anyone else think that Finn's lightsaber fights were better than Rey vs Kylo?
>>
Like Clone Wars (exept for the ''oh so funny'' droids and Jar Jar. but hey it's a kid show) and I only watched the first episode of Rebels
It was meh and stuff were just sort of happening for no reason it was all really fast.

Does it get better ?

Also is it me or the models are more cartoony and have less details compared to the ones in CW
>>
File: 2.jpg (461 KB, 1333x2000) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
461 KB, 1333x2000
>>78490597
>Twi'lek planet used to be poor so a lot of their economy was based around whoring themselves out

So Space Thailand then.

Thai girls tend to have their lekku between their legs though.
>>
>>78491768
Hope remains that she'll appear again. About time a Twi'Lek got a lead role in live action somehow.
>>
>>78491780
Wut. Are these still in print? Looks pretty fine
>>
>>78491835
>jasmine
And she's got a big fat lekku at that
>>
>>78491811
I like the idea that all of the stormtroopers nearby just went "Like hell I'm shooting him, he's got a lightsaber, he's a jedi or some shit, he'll deflect it at me" when odds are he'd just cut his own head off if he tried to deflect a bolt.

The Tonfa Trooper had prepared for this moment his entire life, however.
>>
>>78491765
Fuck off, Disney shill, not all CGI is bad.
>>
>>78491835
>"You want hot fuck mistah Jedi. 500 credit you."
>>
File: Tony-Revolori-247_final.jpg (175 KB, 960x1200) Image search: [Google]
Tony-Revolori-247_final.jpg
175 KB, 960x1200
>>78490503
>>78490020
>>78490547

When they cast Tony Revolori as Ezra they can meet up.
>>
TFA was good but Rey is too fucking good at everything

Hoping she's either Revan or she falls to the Dark Side
>>
>>78491893
Snoke was pretty bad. Maz was nothing special. JJ hyped her eyes and the result was kinda meh.
>>
>>78491811
If he's trained to use one of those stun batons then it's not too surprising, the lightsaber would handle more similarly to those than a staff.
>>
>>78491893
It's not but we really don't need everybody standing in front of green screens when practical effects do still exist
>>
File: samuel-l-jackson.jpg (43 KB, 690x400) Image search: [Google]
samuel-l-jackson.jpg
43 KB, 690x400
>>78491864
>jasmine
>And she's got a big fat lekku at that

My african american brother!
>>
>>78491912
They should cast Ezra Miller as Ezra Bridger.
>>
File: 1377578903345.jpg (5 KB, 116x109) Image search: [Google]
1377578903345.jpg
5 KB, 116x109
>>78491893
I'm gonna find you boy. Take you to my club house. Then you know what shilling really is when I fill your hooha with goof juice.
>>
>>78491944

He's more twink than man.
>>
>>78491932
I don't get what everybody's deal is with Maz. I thought she was fine
>>
>>78491825
Don't bother
>>
>>78491939
Those scenes where they could have easily used a hallway with some dressing but instead used a green screen where everyone looks like they're sliding across the floor are painful to watch.
>>
>>78491966
She didn't do much and most of her scenes were cut for some reason afaik
>>
>>78491932
>Snoke was pretty bad.

Him being full CGI was a poor choice. It would have been better to go practical to match everything else.
>>
>>78491956
Which one? Bridger or Miller?
>>
>>78490871
Hux speech, although a bit over the top, was fine for me
>>
Maz was the magical negro/mammy stereotype without having to use a black person in the role.
I had flashbacks to Oracle from the Matrix.
>>
>>78492000
>most of her scenes were cut for some reason afaik

It's always for pacing.
>>
>>78492051
>Maz was the magical negro/mammy stereotype without having to use a black person in the role.
To be fair, we haven't had that movie cliche in a long time. At least not done well.
>>
>>78491561
You wanna' know the crazy thing about this?

They did stop motion for it, and yay, woohoo, looked cool, right? We can all agree on it.

But here's something I thought was quite interesting. Filoni and the TCW crew animated it too, but they opted to make it look even more jaggedly and more like the scene in ANH.

When they showed Lucas, he was confused, because figured that, with today's technology, they should have made the Chess game more fluid and smoother animated.

JJ Abrahms however, while they did use actual stop motion techniques, it looks FAR smoother than it did in ANH, and probably more akin to what Lucas was expecting from Filoni.

I'm not bashing Lucas, nor JJ or Filoni here. I just find it interesting the lengths that all of these creators go to to making something feel authentic to how it was back in 77, and each in their different ways too.

>>78491666
>The original Jakku was fucking great and nothing like Tatooine 2.0, but of course, since it needed some CGI to work, it got dumped because "muh practical effects".
Im interested, what kinda stuff?
>>
>>78492051
Maz was voiced by a black woman though.
>>
>>78491825
Lucas was fnding TCW, so it looked visually spectacular.

Lucas isn't funding Rebels, and Disney give less of a shit than he did (shocker?) so they aren't paying as much to make it look good.

The animation crew are doing the best they can with what they got.

As for does it get better, yeah, it does.

Then it gets worse again midway through Season 2.

And now better again, and Filoni is teasing Ahsoka vs Vader for this seasons finale.

So yeah.
>>
>>78492087
You know what I mean. Instead of a black actor they replaced it with a yellow alien.
>>
>>78492057
The pacing was terrible anyway, so they might as well put them in. Hell, it may have given the movie that much needed breather.
>>
>>78492051
>without having to use a black person in the role.
Haha, she was literally performed (mocap and voice) by a black woman.
>>
>>78492107
thanks i'll give it a try
>>
>>78492000
There was nothing more for her to do. Her character quintessential wise old person who is there as the spiritual guard and to give the heroes their new toy. I can't imagine what the other scenes would have that wouldn't have slowed the movie down.
>>
>>78492128
Yeah and so was Jar Jar Binks. Now imagine if his actor was the one doing all the scenes in the movie and not the CG alien.
>>
>>78492003
>implying Andy Serkis is an actual human being and not just an in-joke among CG animators
>>
>>78492212
I know what you're trying to say, but I honestly don't mind.

My father is Irish, but I wasn't offended by the Lemurs in TCW.

But hey, that's just me. Star Wars has seen a lot of controversies and accusations of racism from people being offended by stereotypes, so maybe I am in the wrong for not caring.

Only offensive thing about Maz was how boring she was.
>>
>>78492212
Jar Jar was already cringe inducing I couldn't imagine how uncomfortable it would be to see Ahmed Best cooning it up on screen.
>>
Can I just say that Kylo is the most white sounding name.
Kylo sounds like that spoiled rich kid from a prep school.
Trust fund baby silver spoon in his mouth Kylo Ren.
>>
>>78491666
>The original Jakku was fucking great and nothing like Tatooine 2.0, but of course, since it needed some CGI to work, it got dumped because "muh practical effects". Fuck, man.

Please share. What was it originally like?
>>
>>78491007
>Aftermath
is that the book with all the gay ive heard about?
>>
>>78492463
That is the least of the book's problems.
>>
I'am glad Kylo didn't loose his hand. That shit already happened two times. It would be tiring
>>
>>78492369
I assure you a lot of kids will be named Kylo and Rey in the coming years.
>>
>>78492528
A foot would have been a nice change.
>>
>>78492463
Yeah, but hat isn't the problem,Wendig more or less used them as a scapegoat for deflecting criticism of his mediocre storytelling. The man can't write for shit.
>>
>>78492487
i looked it up on the wiki and apparently this isnt just a 4chan thing, the book got mixed reviews at best and one of the most positive review said "its not Thrawn Trilogy" "but wasn't meant to be"
HA
im morbidly curious now, though do you think with all the bad press the author will try to shape up for the next book or will he double down due to stubbornness
>>
>>78491561
Not only was it unnecessary, it's a waste of Tippet
>>
>>78491007
So long as Marc Thompson narrates the audiobook we good senpai
>>
>>78492583
He's already been doubling down so I don't expect the next one to be much better
>>
>>78492565
>hat
That.
To expand on this, Wendig bit off more than he could chew and whines like a bitch when most people call him out for his subpar storytelling, also Nora.
>>
>>78492583
The author can't handle criticism and took all of it to be criticism over gay characters, even when it was nothing related to it. He already planned to focus more on the gay aspect of Sinjir, by focusing on the Empire's viewpoint on gays in Life Debt. He won't back down from it no matter what.
>>
>>78492583
>double down
He won't admit fault, and already blames others.
>>
>>78492277
>My father is Irish, but I wasn't offended by the Lemurs in TCW.
Comparing Irish to blacks is a fair parallel.
>>
>>78488307
So.... apparently pic related was supposed to be for this Darth Maul game? And that Lucas fucked everything up because he saw two figurines of those characters and said "They're friends"?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 86

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.