[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Class of 3000
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Class-of-3000-2.jpg (130 KB, 368x330) Image search: [Google]
Class-of-3000-2.jpg
130 KB, 368x330
This was a chill, underrated show. Good artwork, funky songs, and a real good vibe to it all. Unfortunately, it came in 2006, right when CN lost great shows like "Dexter's Lab" and "Courage the cowardly dog" and replaced them with total and utter shit like "Squirrel boy", "My gym partner is a monkey", and "Camp lazlo".

Honestly, this show would probably have a LOT more fans if it aired in the Cartoon Cartoon Fridays era, lessay around 2000-2004. More merchandise, more rap albums, more YouTube tributes, more Facebook nostalgiafagging, more Tumblr posts about which song represented them best, and more R34 of Madison.

Unfortunately, it aired right when Cn was dying, and nobody gave it a chance as a result.
>>
>>78485895
It had great rankings, but it was canceled with a reason- someone said it was their idea or some shit.
>>
>>78486010
As do I.
>>
Catchy intro
>>
>>78485895
Fuck you op.
Camp Lazlo was great.
>>
I still listen to the OST now and again but I don't remember anything about the show
>>
>>78485895
No, it was another unimpressive show among unimpressive shows like the one you mentioned. Would it have fared better if it could have been carried on the back of legitimately liked shows? Yes, fucking anything could, but it didn't get that treatment, it got put alongside forgettable shit, which are its kin.
>>
>>78486279
It was ok.
>>
File: Intel Anti Theft.jpg (24 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
Intel Anti Theft.jpg
24 KB, 320x320
Too expensive, not enough rating, limited target audience of music nerds.
>>
>>78486313

It wasn't bad, and that's something.
>>
>>78486339

We don't like the term limited. We prefer too-focused-for-our-own-good.
>>
>>78486279
Bullshit. Camp Lazlo can go to hell.

And this show was actually pretty good from what I remember. I lived close to Atlanta Georgia at the time too so I felt a bit of pride in seeing it. It's a real shame that something so chill had to end due to some stupid argument.
>>
>>78485913
Someone claimed that the concept for the show was stolen from them, yeah. CN could've probably fought it or worked something out, but as is so often the case, they decided to just sweep it under the rug forever.

I wonder what happened with HiHi Puffy AmiYumi that it suffered the same fate.

>>78486279
It ranged from passable to bland as hell. Blame the network for keeping a meddling eye on Joe Murray and not letting him be as clever or daring as he was on Rocko.
>>
>>78486358

Considering how much had to have been invested in '3000, it must have been a strong argument
>>
>>78485913
>>
>>78485895
This is without mention of the godamn lawsuit against Andre for stealing the idea for the show.
This show will never air again due to that lawsuit. CN didn't lose it, but they don't want to ever be in that situation again.
>>
>>78491115
>CN didn't lose it

Because CN settled.

The guy was smart. He had enough for a case and asked for a reasonable figure. CN decided it was in their best interests to pay the money instead of defend Andre 3000's honor.
>>
>>78492158
People are way too afraid of lawsuit and shit nowadays and it's the reason everyone has to fucking walk on eggshells to make anything nowadays.
>>
>>78492907

Well, I think that guy actually had a case.

But yeah, this is why most of them either don't take open submissions, make you sign contracts waiving your right to sue before they even look at your stuff, or will only talk to agents.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.