[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why would someone make a gritty post apocalyptic story about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 319x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 319x499
Why would someone make a gritty post apocalyptic story about newspaper funnies, starring a gritty Charlie Brown?
>>
Because most people are void of creativity and are only capable of "What If" remixes of existing media/characters.
>>
>>78484482
Because if you were gonna parody Frank Miller, why wouldn't you go for the most ridiculously extreme juxtaposition you could think of?
>>
>>78484482
Why would someone make a series of comics about a little girl coping with her sexually-abusive father?

Yeah, same guy...

>>78484548
Not so much Frank Miller but the late 80's/early 90's "Mature" movement as a whole...
>>
File: doggo.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
doggo.jpg
102 KB, 1280x720
>>78484604
I actually met the guy at a con a few years back, he's really cool.
>>
>>78484660
He seems cool, aside from his far left views
>>78484545
wew lad, 3contrarian5me
>>78484604
I beg your excuse me?
>>
File: Pure Contempt.png (6 KB, 182x129) Image search: [Google]
Pure Contempt.png
6 KB, 182x129
>>78484812
>not knowing Clarissa
>>
would someone? yes
Should someone? no.
>>
>>78484482
there was a gritty war-story about cereal-mascots
nothing is sacred anymore
>>
>>78484482
Because that kind of juxtaposition is hilarious when done right.
Archie Vs. Predator being a good example.
>>
>>78486546
Name?
>>
>>78484812

>contrarian

You have no idea what that word means at all.
>>
>>78486546
>>78486653
Breakfast of the Gods right? Good comic, haven't thought about it in years. I think Kellogg copyright-nuked the author off the internet at one point but the site seems to be back up now.
http://breakfastofthegods.com/
>>
>>78486529
Why not? There's nothing wrong with it on a fundamental level. It's not like it's a creatively bankrupt idea - it wasn't made to cash in on some recent Peanuts craze. And Peanuts could be pretty miserable at times, so ramping up the misery and throwing in some violence is really just a matter of escalation.
>>
>>78484482
I actually have a copy of this. It's pretty funny, at least initially—there's a lot of inside jokes for the Peanuts fan who is also aware of the clichés of "grim 'n' gritty" 1980s/1990s comics. The humor of the premise wears thin after a while, though, especially once it starts crossing over with parodies of other newspaper strips (it just comes off as hacky and a little lazy at that point).
>>
File: 281703-act_zero_cover.jpg (548 KB, 1200x1696) Image search: [Google]
281703-act_zero_cover.jpg
548 KB, 1200x1696
>>78484482
Why would a professional video game company make a gritty, post apocalyptic story about cute tv heads, starring a gritty Bomberman?
>>
>>78488142
I thought it was pretty good for the entire run. It did a lot of parodying for other comics, as well.
>>
>>78484482
His name is really yungbluth? I thought that it was some nickname making fun of Youngbloods
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.